REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2018/2019 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714896-official-2018-2019-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

Acurapinoy 07-25-2018 04:26 PM

wow linden.. I doubt it's because of the Virtanen contract when they signed him to a fairly nice price tag especially for a 21yo

DavidNguyen 07-25-2018 04:27 PM

I'm kind of glad he split. Didnt like his style!

EmperorIS 07-25-2018 05:19 PM

Lol Canucks so good

bobbinka 07-25-2018 05:57 PM

i'm sure a major part of taking the job to begin with was to try and give the twins a chance at getting back to the cup. he's always said they were his favorite players. with them gone, and the team years away from contending, he doesn't really have a reason to stick around.

highfive 07-25-2018 06:01 PM

No linden, maybe we can finally trade Edler!!!!

pastarocket 07-25-2018 06:27 PM

I always thought that Aquaman hired Linden for marketing purposes. The big boss knew that the team was in for hard time. Therefore, he decides to hire a former Canuck to help maintain interest in the team, among some of the fairweather fans of this franchise.

We have a pool of young players developing their game now who can help the team promote season ticket sales.

pastarocket 07-25-2018 06:34 PM

Iginla announces his retirement.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...etirement-nhl/

Ch28 07-25-2018 07:06 PM

There's a lot of rumours going on that TL and JB were often butting heads on what to do with the team.

TL saw the Sedinless team and wanted to get more draft picks to give the youngsters a chance. JB goes and signs a bunch of 4 line plugs, which completely nixes what TL wants.

TL was always out in the media saying how the Canucks would like to acquire more picks and go with a more youth oriented team.

JB would trade the picks away like they were pennies.

[edit] This all but confirms it: Farhan Lalji: Ownership believed team was closer to playoffs than Linden did in recent meeting. (Video, 2:41) (tsn.ca)

- Building frustration between Linden/ownership
- Meeting between Linden and ownership in last 2 weeks
- Linden's vision for rebuild not being followed by team
- Linden more draft/develop, Benning more aligned w/ ownership
- Ownership thinks playoffs realistic with FA signings
- Linden unsupportive of recent FA signings
- Benning more aligned with ownership, safe for time being

bobbinka 07-25-2018 08:03 PM

so.... which UFA are we going to throw money at?

Tim Budong 07-25-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8912545)
We have a pool of young players developing their game now who can help the team promote season ticket sales.

so is there room for these young players that are developing and/or ready with using 8mil as 4th liners?

yea

no way

whitev70r 07-25-2018 09:03 PM

Wow ... TL leaving is pretty big, surprised I didn't hear anything all day on the radio. When was it official, heard the Virtanen signing, so it must have happened after that.

Good ... maybe he has time for his own business, hope to see more Club 16 locations around town - one in Richmond, one in South Vancouver, one in Oakridge area would be nice.

pastarocket 07-25-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8912551)
There's a lot of rumours going on that TL and JB were often butting heads on what to do with the team.

TL saw the Sedinless team and wanted to get more draft picks to give the youngsters a chance. JB goes and signs a bunch of 4 line plugs, which completely nixes what TL wants.

TL was always out in the media saying how the Canucks would like to acquire more picks and go with a more youth oriented team.

JB would trade the picks away like they were pennies.

[edit] This all but confirms it: Farhan Lalji: Ownership believed team was closer to playoffs than Linden did in recent meeting. (Video, 2:41) (tsn.ca)

- Building frustration between Linden/ownership
- Meeting between Linden and ownership in last 2 weeks
- Linden's vision for rebuild not being followed by team
- Linden more draft/develop, Benning more aligned w/ ownership
- Ownership thinks playoffs realistic with FA signings
- Linden unsupportive of recent FA signings
- Benning more aligned with ownership, safe for time being

The owners of this franchise are like a big fish in a little pond. Aquaman's big ego is hampering this team's long term success with his micro management of the GM's job.

Does anyone remember that dick move by Aquaman to tell JB that they wanted Dallas to give up better players and/or draft picks in return for Dan Hamhuis?

Aquaman could have hired a president of operations with years of NHL experience. He decided to hire Linden because it would allow him to micro manage an inexperienced executive.

When you have an owner who meddles in the Canuck's hockey related decisions like free agent signings and trades, this sort of micro management would make Linden's job difficult and frustrating. I am happy that TL decided to resign so that the blueberry man doesn't play him like a puppet anymore.

Hondaracer 07-25-2018 09:43 PM

yea, wish we could have owners like da hurricanes

highfive 07-25-2018 10:44 PM

I wonder the reason Hughes hasn’t signed us that they need to make room for them. Benning suggested trading edler away. Hughes can play pp spot edler is on. Linden won’t allow his boytoy to go. Here we are. Lol

68style 07-25-2018 10:51 PM

How many times does it need to be pointed out that Edler has a full no trade clause?!?!

bobbinka 07-25-2018 11:00 PM

all this talk about Hughes on PP, watch Canucks make him do the drop pass

Gumby 07-25-2018 11:33 PM

Hiring Linden was a PR move. The only way he could ruin his reputation any more would be running and being elected as prime minister, lol.

But I think Linden had his best intentions in mind for the team; too bad it didn't jive with Aquilini.

Hondaracer 07-26-2018 07:28 AM

I cant believe that Ownership has some ulterior motive about winning now as opposed to building a winner over time.. it would be asinine.

literally every winner over the last what, 15 years, has been built long term with picks patience?

People who run massive multi million dollar companies like Aqualini arent stupid, they cant possibly think there is a quicker way to a cup than a long term build. They know better than anyone what it takes after 2011..

Ian mccintyre was on 650 this morning and hes about as close to the team as anyone and he didnt think there was any rift between ownership and linden moreso than any other President VS ownership experiances with any other team

Ch28 07-26-2018 07:38 AM

Ian MacIntyre is nothing more than a Canucks puppet.

Hondaracer 07-26-2018 07:52 AM

well i can trust anyone on 650 now seemingly more than 1040 as they all have their panties in a knot over losing rights to everyone but the Lions lol

punkwax 07-26-2018 08:05 AM

1040 > 650 by a country mile

Hondaracer 07-26-2018 08:10 AM

No wayyyyyy, 650 is so much better now.

I haven’t listened to 1040 since I heard Pratt and Bro talking about the Mcgregor fight

punkwax 07-26-2018 08:14 AM

Well ya.. that was your problem lol. I don’t listen until Halford and Brough start.

murd0c 07-26-2018 11:06 AM

650 is horrible, 1040 is still way more credible and over all the host's are better.

CRS 07-26-2018 08:00 PM

Pratt is honestly the worst.

Thank God for Karen who actually calls Pratt out on his shit every single day.