REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #12301
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
They don't want to be too far away when they all get sick.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #12302
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Use facial recognition tech ... don't admit them if they do need hospital for Covid!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #12303
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
apparently the protest is called "canadian frontline workers" protest

all the frontline workers are probably going fuck off

lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #12304
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
^ oh damn ...there are that many idiots in YVR!!

Hope some of them test +'ve in the next few days!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #12305
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
coronavirus discussion

These protesters can scream and protest all they want about their rights.

Covid and Mother Nature do not care about their feelings and opinions about mandatory vaccines for many businesses.

These Covidiots can potentially hurt someone who has a medical emergency because the dumbasses are preventing paramedics from taking that person to VGH!

Selfish assholes who only care about their rights and not the rights of other people to get medical attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2021, 03:25 PM   #12306
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Joe Rogan tested positive. Takes a whole load of meds including the horse dewormer. Ffs

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/9/1...roversial-drug

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTSsA8w..._web_copy_link
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #12307
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
apparently the protest is called "canadian frontline workers" protest

all the frontline workers are probably going fuck off

https://twitter.com/emadagahi/status...84504022188035
Russia and China going a great job.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #12308
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Joe Rogan tested positive. Takes a whole load of meds including the horse dewormer. Ffs

I love how people are so quick to causal analyze things with zero control group study:

"Regardless of that particular drug, Rogan says that the overall treatment prescribed to him has helped in his recovery and he appears to be almost back to normal after a couple of days dealing with symptoms."

Yah because he checked the alternate reality where he took nothing at all and saw how it turned out?

Fuckin idiot.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 04:01 PM   #12309
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
^^ how many people did he pass it on to before showing symptoms?

what a clown
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:27 PM   #12310
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
i try not to dip into this thread too often but what are you talking about?

as a small business owner, covid has had a significantly detrimental financial impact on my business. Down 90% in the early months.

a "vaccine passport" as much as I'm wary of government overreach/tracking will absolutely help small business in the arts and entertainment/hospitatlity/tourism industry.

if we van get some vaccine policies in place, the events my business supports will be able to resume safely

don't speak for me or my small business peers (who have argueably taken the brunt of the financial hit in the last 18 months)

all we want is for day to day events to resume. I can't think of a single type of small business that won't benefit from these vaccine policies that will further drive take up.
I think you took my point the wrong way as I was thinking about the reluctance by governments to come down hard on vaccine hesitancy and their fear of a very vocal minority.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #12311
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post

Holy shit he looks like death

He's vaccinated so should be able to recover, unless he fucks himself up with all the horse dewormer and other shit. Or he could be one of the 1% of vaccinated who get really sick... 1% is still a lot of people.

Since he has had covid before, he's pretty protected against delta... Prior covid positive is actually more effective protection against delta compared to vaccination.

My only hope is that he changes his tune because as bad as the show is, he has a ton of followers and a lot of influence.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #12312
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Yea that IG vid looks like he’s aged 20 years since the last time I saw a video of him lol fuck
Old 09-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #12313
RS controls my life!

Not sure what you're comparing against but I think he looks pretty decent for someone in their mid 50's lol. He also says he's only had 1 bad day of symptoms and now feels great after a couple of days so I doubt this experience will change his tune.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #12314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Not sure what you're comparing against but I think he looks pretty decent for someone in their mid 50's lol. He also says he's only had 1 bad day of symptoms and now feels great after a couple of days so I doubt this experience will change his tune.
Maybe it's the lighting (though I doubt since it's outdoors) but his skin colour looks like a cadaver. Maybe it's one of the drugs he took, I don't know.

But whatever the reason, he looks like awful here, you can't argue against that.

Edit; apparently it's a playback issue when you watch the video on PC? They're talking about it on the joe rogan reddit. All I know is, he looked like a zombie when I watched it.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:08 PM   #12315
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I think you took my point the wrong way as I was thinking about the reluctance by governments to come down hard on vaccine hesitancy and their fear of a very vocal minority.
i completely did - i apologize.

I'm going to edit my post to convey the same content - that I think small business would be all in favour of vaccine mandates
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 07:26 PM   #12316
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

My anti vaxxer coworker told our manager today he's pro vaccines and he had the shots. WTF bullshit is this, everyone knows he didn't. Who knows what bulshit is coming out of this guy next.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #12317

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts

Old 09-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #12318
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
I genuinely hope the person/people that assaulted the health care worker gets covid and at least ends up in the ICU. Fucking wastes of space. What a shithole of a place this has become.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 09-01-2021 at 07:52 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #12319

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Nah that's a waste of an ICU bed. They made their choice, they should stick to their guns and die at home.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2021, 09:46 PM   #12320
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
Well I guess we know who we can blame if there's another lock down cuz cases shot up, they can thank then selves for keeping businesses closed and even tighter restrictions

Yo dawg I heard you don't like restrictions so you protested which will cause more restrictions
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:24 AM   #12321
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
JDMDreams when he hears about tighter restrictions

MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2021, 06:47 AM   #12322
RS controls my life!

I'm fully vaccinated but I've sorted given up frowning upon anti-vaxxers and I don't think they will be the reason covid drags out in the grand scheme of things.

1. CDC study published July 30 2021 found that vaccinated individuals carried as much virus in their noses as unvaccinated individuals, strongly suggesting that vaccinated people could spread the virus to others.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...cid=mm7031e2_w
"During July 2021, 469 cases of COVID-19 associated with multiple summer events and large public gatherings in a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, were identified among Massachusetts residents; vaccination coverage among eligible Massachusetts residents was 69%. Approximately three quarters (346; 74%) of cases occurred in fully vaccinated persons (those who had completed a 2-dose course of mRNA vaccine [Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna] or had received a single dose of Janssen [Johnson & Johnson] vaccine ≥14 days before exposure). ..."

2. A large Israeli study showed that people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19. Vaccinated individuals were 27 times more likely to get a symptomatic COVID infection than those with natural immunity from COVID.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.21262415v1
"This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. ..."

3. Even at one of the world's highest vaccination rates, Israel is currently recording one of the world’s highest infection rates. More than half of their cases are in fully vaccinated people.

https://www.science.org/news/2021/08...t-defeat-delta

4. Israel is also finding that vaccine efficacy declines over time which is why they are planning to roll out booster 3rd shots. How many booster shots are you willing to take? Asked another way, at which Xth booster shot are you labelled as an anti-vaxxer if you refuse to take it?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/23/s...el-pfizer.html

5. Some don't believe that even boosters are likely to defeat the Delta wave.

https://www.science.org/news/2021/08...t-defeat-delta
"... Yet boosters are unlikely to tame a Delta surge on their own, says Dvir Aran, a biomedical data scientist at Technion. In Israel, the current surge is so steep that “even if you get two-thirds of those 60-plus [boosted], it’s just gonna give us another week, maybe 2 weeks until our hospitals are flooded.” He says it’s also critical to vaccinate those who still haven’t received their first or second doses, and to return to the masking and social distancing Israel thought it had left behind—but has begun to reinstate.

Aran’s message for the United States and other wealthier nations considering boosters is stark: “Do not think that the boosters are the solution.” ..."

6. Even after we defeat the Delta wave, guess what? There's more strains in the pipeline, possibly with vaccine resistance.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberth...h=7cfd2c0959fc
"The World Health Organization said it has identified a new coronavirus “variant of interest,” named mu—also known by its scientific name, B.1.621—in its weekly pandemic update Tuesday, warning it was becoming increasingly prevalent in Colombia and Ecuador and shows signs of possible resistance to vaccines.
Mu has a number of mutations that suggest it could be more resistant to vaccines, the health agency warned, but said further research would be needed to confirm this.

Preliminary data show a reduced effectiveness of vaccines “similar to that seen for the beta variant,” the WHO said. ... "

7. Even with vaccination, most scientists believe that we will not be able to eradicate Covid and the virus will become an endemic for years to come.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2
"... If other regions [like Western Australia], aided by vaccines, aimed for a similar zero-COVID strategy, then could the world hope to rid itself of the virus?

It’s a beautiful dream but most scientists think it’s improbable. In January, Nature asked more than 100 immunologists, infectious-disease researchers and virologists working on the coronavirus whether it could be eradicated. Almost 90% of respondents think that the coronavirus will become endemic — meaning that it will continue to circulate in pockets of the global population for years to come (see 'Endemic future'). ..."
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2021, 07:08 AM   #12323

What point is it you're making though?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2021, 07:24 AM   #12324
RS controls my life!

Most anti-vaxxers have a stupid reason for refusing vaccines. But regardless of their reason, they are heading towards immunity (stronger immunity than vaccination) like the rest of us who are vaccinated.

We are told to get vaccinated not just for ourselves, but for others. Well this doesn't exactly seem to be the case as I wrote above.

Even if you are vaccinated now, the virus isn't going away anytime soon and your vaccine efficacy will continue to decline. At a certain point, I would assume that more people will roll the dice at some point with no additional booster shots. We are currently drawing the anti-vaxxer line at 2 shots but that seems a bit arbitrary when there will be people who refuse their 3rd or 4th or 5th etc booster shots.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2021, 07:28 AM   #12325
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
I guarantee you the uptake for booster shots is going to fall off a cliff.

And frankly given the protests etc. I really doubt the govt. has the balls to implement any further vaccine passport measures ie. now you’ll be restricted if you don’t have a booster.

Learn to live with it because herd immunity was seemingly a pipe dream from the beggining and I’d say it’s a safe bet the govt. knew that.