REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

MG1 03-15-2024 05:18 PM

I call this the, "Mario Cart."

All that's missing are missile launcher switches and missiles (duh)............. shoot down those pesky dipshits who leave their carts smack in the middle of the aisle.

https://imgur.com/a/KsmncDV

Was at the Coquitlam Superstore. The only one in the whole place. Should make this standard issue. So easy to steer. Awesome for those people with hundreds of pounds of groceries. Maybe it's standard issue in richmond or elsewhere. First time I've seen one.

IKEA carts, anyone? Nuff said.............

Hondaracer 03-15-2024 06:23 PM

Why? I don’t get it

Galon charging $7 for a loaf of bread so he can add wings on carts?

Fuck it’s such a cliche but today is exactly the type of day you say “this is why we live here” went down to Chinatown to drop the wife off and we had dinner on a patio, drinking beers in the sun on a day like this on the verge of spring.. hard to beat

MG1 03-15-2024 06:34 PM

???????

Hondaracer 03-15-2024 06:43 PM

Is it that hard to steer a normal cart?

MG1 03-15-2024 06:50 PM

Dude, I have no idea why you're like this......................

Should you not be doing something else? It is a nice day, now evening. I'm retired and on my way out. You're young, but spend time on-line. Why?

Hondaracer 03-15-2024 06:54 PM

So there is a sub Reddit with 10’s of thousands of people shitting on superstore and their prices and practices etc. let alone their general perception

And superstore things it’s a prudent investment to add those?.. what do you think those cost in total? $500 each?

I’m not trying to argue with you if you think it worked, great. I think it’s just a typical globo corpo being completely out of touch with reality thinking that is acceptable if that is the way they are going in adding that to all carts.

N.V.M. 03-15-2024 06:56 PM

anyone need a Windows 11 Pro key. it has a shelf life apparently. just won it with my creative incredibleness.

just download it from Microsoft, and use the key I'll give you.

MG1 03-15-2024 07:05 PM

Yes, my son could use it.........pm sent

EvoFire 03-15-2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9129371)
So there is a sub Reddit with 10’s of thousands of people shitting on superstore and their prices and practices etc. let alone their general perception

And superstore things it’s a prudent investment to add those?.. what do you think those cost in total? $500 each?

I’m not trying to argue with you if you think it worked, great. I think it’s just a typical globo corpo being completely out of touch with reality thinking that is acceptable if that is the way they are going in adding that to all carts.

Their carts get replaced on a regular cadence, their shit gets destroyed fairly regularly. This is probably just the latest model of it.

When it went from the single deep bucket carts to the two tray carts it was all weird for a bit too.

punkwax 03-16-2024 06:54 AM

Finally! Those handles will be useful to hang reusable bags on so you can keep the basket empty while shopping.

Quote:

Looks like a brand new cart.. could be there is no added cost. Kinda going out of your way to hate on Superstore lol

https://dkdesignwv.files.wordpress.c...loud.png?w=281

Edit: darnit I need windows 11 too. Where would one find it online on the cheap? Don’t think I need pro..

RabidRat 03-16-2024 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.V.M. (Post 9129372)
won it with my creative incredibleness.

Congrats! Story time?

(unless by creative you meant like... "creative". nevermind. :D)

N.V.M. 03-16-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 9129407)
Congrats! Story time?

(unless by creative you meant like... "creative". nevermind. :D)

it was a Reddit thread and the most interesting story won the OS key.

SSM_DC5 03-16-2024 02:56 PM

My comp says it's too crappy to upgrade to windows 11

PeanutButter 03-16-2024 04:15 PM

Pretty devastating news from one of my clients today.

He's a father of a four year old and two year old...

He told me that his wife is pregnant. Unexpected. Her IUD failed. He was in a state of shock. Having kids and knowing that we don't want any more... I feel for this man.

IUD is supposed to be >99% effective. I feel like he should sue the doctor or the company or something.

sonick 03-16-2024 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 9129426)

He told me that his wife is pregnant. Unexpected. Her IUD failed. He was in a state of shock. Having kids and knowing that we don't want any more... I feel for this man.

IUD is supposed to be >99% effective. I feel like he should sue the doctor or the company or something.

Sperm be like

https://media1.giphy.com/media/j6uK3...giphy.gif&ct=g

SSM_DC5 03-16-2024 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 9129426)

He should have cut his pp off if he didn't want more kids. :concentrate:

whitev70r 03-16-2024 05:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that when you sign on for a IUD, you sign off on the fact that it is rated as 99% effective and that you will not sue the doctor or company in the event that you get pregnant. No one or nothing can guarantee 100% effectiveness ... except for abstinence and even then, pregnancy happened once in history.

Badhobz 03-16-2024 05:41 PM

Abort !!! Abort !!!

Don’t stay on target

SkinnyPupp 03-16-2024 06:25 PM

Just get an abortion, if it's early enough you can just take a pill

winson604 03-16-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

During covid when the GOV invited the Super Market CEO's Galon seemed to get shitted on the most too or at least it looked like it. So just from your avg consumer here isn't Superstore the cheapest of all the Super Markets? I shop at TnT, Superstore, Save On, Safeway, and Sun Given all on the regular. I got to each place for certain things. Meat, Veggies, and Fruits I do not buy at Superstore except for the odd thing that I don't find make a big difference like mushrooms or potatoes. That said, for all the other shit they're the cheapest by far even their regular prices sometimes beat other places sale prices. I'm not disputing potential terrible practices but the lowest price is still the lowest price. Shouldn't we be shitting on the rest for having their prices so much higher because at the end of the day isn't all what most people care about how much the bill is?

Razor Ramon HG 03-16-2024 06:43 PM

Quote:

What sub is this, lol

Is it loblawsisoutofcontrol

Traum 03-16-2024 07:55 PM

The story I used to hear -- like 15+ years ago -- was that at least Safeway and Save-On-Foods paid decent wages, whereas Superstore was just paying min wage. I knew for a fact that at one point, Safeway employees were really earning quite a decent wage. So potentially because of that, people don't shxt on Sobeys nearly as much? (And Overwaitea is "just" a regional player.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 9129438)
Shouldn't we be shitting on the rest for having their prices so much higher because at the end of the day isn't all what most people care about how much the bill is?

With PeanutButter's story, I've always thought the most effective method to prevent pregnancy (aside from abstinence) was vasectomy. But of course, why am I not surprised that the man didn't wanna get himself snipped? BrokeBack

PeanutButter 03-16-2024 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 9129437)
Just get an abortion, if it's early enough you can just take a pill

When I didn't have kids, abortion seemed so logical. Now that I have kids, abortion seems cruel. I don't think my wife or I could do it now. Before kids, not an issue.

whitev70r 03-16-2024 08:55 PM

^ give your friend a few more days to get over the shock. Its not the worst thing that could have happened, he may even warm up to the idea of 3.

PeanutButter 03-16-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9129443)
With PeanutButter's story, I've always thought the most effective method to prevent pregnancy (aside from abstinence) was vasectomy. But of course, why am I not surprised that the man didn't wanna get himself snipped? BrokeBack

I think IUD is the preferred method because it's a relatively simpler procedure. It's not that invasive from what I hear.

Well, after this news he told me he's going to Call Dr. Polluck, apparently he's the guy to get the procedure done...

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9129448)
^ give your friend a few more days to get over the shock. Its not the worst thing that could have happened, he may even warm up to the idea of 3.

I'm sure he'll warm up to it, it's just shocking news. I'm also sure he'll love the new one just as much, it just adds a new level of complexity and strain, but I'm sure they'll persevere. He's a good dad and person, I'm not worried about the baby, it's just a tough pill to swallow.