REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

inv4zn 03-16-2024 10:40 PM

Ageism, shopping carts, and abortions all on one page.

This thread truly living up to its name.

N.V.M. 03-17-2024 05:02 AM

yeah, i can't believe you guys aren't talking about noodles.

whitev70r 03-17-2024 06:45 AM

and vasectomies! Anyone share their experience with Dr. Pollack ... or other V procedures?

westopher 03-17-2024 06:53 AM

Do they take the whole sack off or just take the balls out?
Where does your pee get stored afterwards?
I really do need to get on that vasectomy train though to be serious. I feel for the guy, but like, double up man. Pull out if it's that important. It's more fun anyways.

supafamous 03-17-2024 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9129461)
and vasectomies! Anyone share their experience with Dr. Pollack ... or other V procedures?

My brother just had it done a couple months ago and it seemed to be fine - I saw him that weekend and he was walking around just fine. I think he had to go jerk off into a cup a couple weeks ago to see if it worked. I'm told it's a very clinical experience as the procedure is really short (15 mins) - it's not like some hot nurse shows up and fluffs you to get you all set. You don't even get a tickle.

whitev70r 03-17-2024 07:40 AM

EvoFire 03-17-2024 08:42 AM

I actually just got it done 2 weeks ago at Willow. 2 kids is where I am good and I don't plan on a third. We talked with some friends who didn't do it because "what if something happens *knock on wood* they need to have another one"

That's not happening with us we are 37 this year. I know some of you had kids later but we just can't do it again when we are in our 40s. If knock on wood something happens to either of the kids we aren't replacing the lost one, neither are we interested in having a HUGE gap between kids. Just handling the grieve would be bad enough.

I read enough about accidents with ppl in their mid to late 40s and pop one out, that I am gonna nip it.

Willow is covered by MSP so it was $0 out of pocket, Willow has a huge wait list though and you need a referral from your family doctor now whereas last year you can just apply. The procedure is done with local anesthetic and tbh it was terrifying for me. I'm not great with surgeries or blood and even though I didn't watch it was still scary.

The actual procedure was done in 15 mins. There was really no pain but a lot pressure. You will have to wear a "athletic supporter" for the next 2 days which is really a cup to support and protect you area afterwards.
The forms make it sound a little scary but I had almost zero after effects except for being sore for a few days. I avoided lifting my kids for a few days but couldn't 100% get away with it. I had to bathe the little one and outstretched loud was the most challenging.

I'm mostly normal now after 2 weeks. There's still occasionally some discomfort and itchiness but overall it's fine. They ask you to go get your sperm tested after 12 weeks

sonick 03-17-2024 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9129461)

I just had it done about 3 weeks ago at Pollack. My work benefits covered the cost.

Super professional and convenient process, book online, in and out in an hour. The process itself takes 15 mins. I looked into doing it public and have it covered by msp but apparently that procedures more invasive and longer recovery. Also booking an appointment was a pain in the ass with very few time slots. Because it's done at the hospital, would've taken half a day or so with waiting and preparation and whatnot.

Did it at New West by Jack Chan, young Asian guy. Friendly and talkative. Apparently Pollack himself has zero bedside manner.

No pain, just feels like somebody's flicking your scrotum. Was tender about the first 3 days but did not impact day to day activities much.

Was back to jerking off after a week.

supafamous 03-17-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoFire (Post 9129467)
I actually just got it done 2 weeks ago at Willow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 9129468)
I just had it done about 3 weeks ago at Pollack. My work benefits covered the cost.

You guys should have just gone in together, hold hands during the procedure for support. Hobz probably would have come out and given you a lift home.

N.V.M. 03-17-2024 10:25 AM

doesn't a vasectomy double your chances for cancer? those boys gotta go somewhere!

mikemhg 03-17-2024 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9129462)
I really do need to get on that vasectomy train though to be serious. I feel for the guy, but like, double up man. Pull out if it's that important. It's more fun anyways.

Pulling out isn't fun :lol

SSM_DC5 03-17-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Picture a vasectomy being like a what someone would do when undergoing a gender change. Say bye to everything before procedure. FeelsGoodMan

westopher 03-17-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9129475)

I'd way rather b my l all over some t's

PeanutButter 03-17-2024 11:00 AM

How often are you supposed to be tested after the procedure? Only at 12 weeks? And then yearly after that?

donk. 03-17-2024 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9129475)

Not having money/time for fun cars, is even less fun

whitev70r 03-17-2024 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.V.M. (Post 9129474)
doesn't a vasectomy double your chances for cancer? those boys gotta go somewhere!

From my understanding, you can still jizz but your sperms are not there, they somehow magically dissolve into your blood stream ... not sure where they go ... it's a mystery.

EvoFire 03-17-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

They don't take anything out, it's just the tube transporting your little swimmers are disconnected

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 9129479)
How often are you supposed to be tested after the procedure? Only at 12 weeks? And then yearly after that?

Willow said this is permanent and the chance of it "recovering" is very low. Honestly if you got it done, got tested to not carry sperm, and it self healed and you guys got pregnant, it's meant to be :lol

westopher 03-17-2024 01:01 PM

LOL I know they don't take your sack off haha.

RabidRat 03-17-2024 01:43 PM

Wait, they don't? Also what happens to your adams apple, isn't there sperm in there too?

Mikoyan 03-17-2024 02:11 PM

Only if you swallow.

N.V.M. 03-17-2024 02:14 PM

a 38 year study.

Results: Overall, 26 238 cases of prostate cancer occurred among 2 150 162 Danish men during 53.4 million person-years of follow-up. Overall, vasectomized men had an increased risk of prostate cancer compared with nonvasectomized men (relative risk = 1.15, 95% confidence interval = 1.10 to 1.20). The increased risk of prostate cancer following vasectomy persisted for at least 30 years after the procedure and was observed regardless of age at vasectomy and cancer stage at diagnosis.

SkinnyPupp 03-17-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9129483)
From my understanding, you can still jizz but your sperms are not there, they somehow magically dissolve into your blood stream ... not sure where they go ... it's a mystery.

You're basically eating your own sperm, just internally

PeanutButter 03-17-2024 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvoFire (Post 9129484)
They don't take anything out, it's just the tube transporting your little swimmers are disconnected

Willow said this is permanent and the chance of it "recovering" is very low. Honestly if you got it done, got tested to not carry sperm, and it self healed and you guys got pregnant, it's meant to be :lol

I dunno man. Homie thought IUD was >99% effective and now he has a third child coming...

And wtf is this prostate cancer study with a 95% confidence interval? Two standard deviations away from the mean? I took stats, that means the study is statistically significant.

Fuck it, I'm just not having sex anymore.

Badhobz 03-17-2024 07:35 PM

anal for you! anal for me!! ANAL FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!

PeanutButter 03-17-2024 08:10 PM

Do most people like anal? I've tried it and it just wasn't for me.