REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

whitev70r 03-08-2024 08:00 AM

Daylight Savings Time this weekend (Sat/Sun) .. you know, our last one for the 10th time. :okay:

6793026 03-08-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9128605)

Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama dies at 68

so sad when i read this. I still remember the days of buying comics.
Before the days in infitity scroll on my cell, i would read on the pooper with a few books in hand.

I remember when we were poor and i only had # 7, 8,9 then 13,14,15 and never had the chance to read the entire series... Just recently got dragon ball 1- 20 reading it all over again. the nostalgic feeling

did you know he made #2 of income as an animator last year, #1 was actually ONe Piece... crazy.

Hondaracer 03-08-2024 09:13 AM

Surpsied he was only 68. I remember kids with dragon ball cards and watching dragon ball on YTV back in like.. 94?

And that’s obviously after it was dubbed and came over here

Traum 03-08-2024 12:28 PM

My first experience with Akira Toriyama was back in what must have been the early 80's with his Dr. Slump series. And then it was the whole Dragon Ball saga from the early beginnings all the way through to university.

I was just chatting with another HS friend about how we used to read the Dragon Ball volumes -- it was probably around the Android arc -- back in highschool.

Yes, the plot became self repeating, and Dragon Ball turned into Drag-on Ball. But there was no denying that he literally grew up with me all the way from childhood to adulthood.

RIP Toriyama sensei.

Badhobz 03-08-2024 12:29 PM

Yeah that’s pretty young. His spirit bomb charging episodes lasted longer than him

supafamous 03-08-2024 03:16 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._in_vancouver/

There's a comment saying that McLaren shown in the accident was one that was out for a test drive? This at Tofu's dealer?

https://preview.redd.it/8h2rzfxia0nc...=webp&c362d5e0

Hondaracer 03-08-2024 03:25 PM

Thought it looked like Robbie Dicksons, that would have been a lol but I don’t think it is

Gerbs 03-09-2024 10:29 AM

What's something fun to do this weekend?

N.V.M. 03-09-2024 11:12 AM

Monster Jam, hello!

whitev70r 03-09-2024 12:56 PM

Jets at Canucks?

whitev70r 03-09-2024 02:21 PM

Quick question ... didn't happen to me but just wondering. Lots of stories of people using bank drafts for big interpersonal purchases on CL/FB, draft turned out to be fake.

So if someone scams you in a used car sale, gives you a counterfeit bank draft and it bounced, can you technically claim from ICBC that your car was 'stolen'? Cuz it kind of was. I mean for big purchases like over $5K ... what form of payment is safe? Anything under $5K ... ok, cash, count the red bills but over $5K, it gets sketch cuz you have to worry about counterfeit 100's.

Razor Ramon HG 03-09-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9128765)
Quick question ... didn't happen to me but just wondering. Lots of stories of people using bank drafts for big interpersonal purchases on CL/FB, draft turned out to be fake.

So if someone scams you in a used car sale, gives you a counterfeit bank draft and it bounced, can you technically claim from ICBC that your car was 'stolen'? Cuz it kind of was. I mean for big purchases like over $5K ... what form of payment is safe? Anything under $5K ... ok, cash, count the red bills but over $5K, it gets sketch cuz you have to worry about counterfeit 100's.

Yeah, they took your car and didn't pay for it so it's stolen. You'd report it to the RCMP and ICBC. Theft over $5000 too so the dude just picked up a felony.

Bank drafts are safe as long as you're with the person at the bank and the teller hands it to you directly.

SSM_DC5 03-09-2024 02:38 PM

no form is 100% safe. Best you can do is mitigate problems.
Learn to find counterfeit cash
Follow the person getting the bank draft all the way to the bank and be there when obtaining the bank draft. Deposit it asap to your own bank.

It gets a little messy when it comes to transfer of title for a car purchase, but there needs to be a minimum level of trust between both parties. How can you transfer funds and transfer the car ownership at the exact same time? One needs to be first since you can't be at a bank and an autobroker at the same time.

6793026 03-10-2024 04:35 AM

Do a lien search and that would be one.
Even bank draft they hold it for 3 days when i said.. DUDE it's a bank draft it's not a check. But they still won't verify.
Ideal thing to do is deposit into their bank which the draft came from.

bcrdukes 03-10-2024 09:15 AM

Revscene,

I have an iPhone XR on the latest iOS 17.x. As of a few weeks ago, my apps such as Gmail, WhatApps etc. no longer notify me of new messages, unless I go into the app. Any solutions to this and ideas what may have caused this? All my notification settings are correct. Thanks in advance.

donk. 03-10-2024 10:20 AM

Might have to factory reset the app, or possibly the phone, i have that issue with some apps on android, no matter what i do to turn "notification on" i will never get a notification

Badhobz 03-10-2024 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 9128810)
Revscene,

I have an iPhone XR on the latest iOS 17.x. As of a few weeks ago, my apps such as Gmail, WhatApps etc. no longer notify me of new messages, unless I go into the app. Any solutions to this and ideas what may have caused this? All my notification settings are correct. Thanks in advance.

And you’re not on do not disturb mode or one of those “profiles” that turns of notifications ?

I.e driving or work focus or sleep mode etc.

bcrdukes 03-10-2024 02:20 PM

So, I deleted the apps in question and re-installed, and everything worked again (for now.) :suspicious:

roastpuff 03-10-2024 04:32 PM

I blame Google

BIC_BAWS 03-10-2024 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 9128748)
What's something fun to do this weekend?

should've texted. I just got back from whistler and we had a spare seat in the car.

Gerbs 03-10-2024 09:07 PM

Just got back from whistler :lawl:

I think my brain is so overstimulated with fun things to do, it feels weird to not do anything.

Someone told me if the activity is free, it's probably not fun

underscore 03-10-2024 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donk. (Post 9128814)
Might have to factory reset the app, or possibly the phone, i have that issue with some apps on android, no matter what i do to turn "notification on" i will never get a notification

Check your power saving settings and exclude that app from being hibernated or put to sleep or whatever they call it.

Manic! 03-11-2024 12:46 AM

This story has me really worried. My car is also a manual and the same color except mine is a V10.
https://www.theautopian.com/how-one-...r-his-audi-r8/

Gerbs 03-11-2024 08:34 AM

Damn, thought the R8's were invincible. That's probably a 1 off though.

Badhobz 03-11-2024 09:33 AM

german car invincible? nahhhh, thats like saying italian cars dont like to set themselves on fire.