REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Sushi604 03-05-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8177500)
fuckkk i wanna lose weight so bad so im doing a workout of 3x10-12 or so , but i feeel SO WEAK! ugh bruhs :( i wanan do strength training sooo baddd haha . what to do what to do :okay:

If your looking to lose weight, it all comes down to your diet. No amount of work in the gym will help you with your weight loss if you don't clean that up first.

Strength will all come in due time.

Oleophobic 03-05-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi604 (Post 8177441)
I used to own a home gym like that!

The most expensive part I found was buying rubber plates. 45lbs @ $1.25 * 4 add's up fast.

Yeah plates were pretty expensive. Fitness Depot has metal ones for $0.88/lb but it still added up to over $300 when I got them.

Gerbs 03-05-2013 11:07 PM

Do you guys think the little slant in the garage makes a big difference when squatting and deadlifting? I think almost all garages are slanted a little so it can drain out liquids

XplicitLuder 03-05-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc95 (Post 8177508)
^^^^

:troll:

lool im trying to get into decent shape before i hit mexico in november..i know its long ways away but i wanna lose a good 50lbs at least lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi604 (Post 8177517)
If your looking to lose weight, it all comes down to your diet. No amount of work in the gym will help you with your weight loss if you don't clean that up first.

Strength will all come in due time.

yes i do understand that, and i wish it was 100% -_- i complain all the time and do nothing about it..i love my life lol but what im just looking for is some kind of routine as i know when ppl "cut" or "bulk" they have a different routine/set/weight/reps , etc

red_sir 03-05-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8177547)
lool im trying to get into decent shape before i hit mexico in november..i know its long ways away but i wanna lose a good 50lbs at least lol

yes i do understand that, and i wish it was 100% -_- i complain all the time and do nothing about it..i love my life lol but what im just looking for is some kind of routine as i know when ppl "cut" or "bulk" they have a different routine/set/weight/reps , etc

Unless you're on some crazy high volume Russian program, you can bulk or cut on the same routine just fine.

Anyway, the sooner you get your diet in check the better. 50lbs is a lot to lose if you want to do it properly. November might seem like a long time away, but it will creep up on you fast.

red_sir 03-05-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 8177539)
Do you guys think the little slant in the garage makes a big difference when squatting and deadlifting? I think almost all garages are slanted a little so it can drain out liquids

I don't see a problem as long as you arrange yourself so that you're facing down slope. Just don't have your left or right side higher than the other.

L0uie69 03-06-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8177323)
First time trying on TKs today. Was very wobbly in the beginning because I had a bit of difficulty adjusting to the cushiony surface, but once I got used to it (around the 3rd set), it felt like heaven. I could squat parallel without the discomfort I feel when I squat without it. It's phenomenal for my knees

i got a pair on sat and tried them out today. knees felt awesome

meowjinboo 03-06-2013 12:59 AM

1900 cals a day, intense cardio, doing keto, and i cut out caffeine. THE HEADACHES ARE UNBERABLE

subordinate 03-06-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8177595)
1900 cals a day, intense cardio, doing keto, and i cut out caffeine. THE HEADACHES ARE UNBERABLE

Hope you didn't go cold turkey on caffeine if you had a moderate intake previously. Best to slowly limit intake until 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0uie69 (Post 8177583)
i got a pair on sat and tried them out today. knees felt awesome

tks?

DaFonz 03-06-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

You sound like a resolutioner. "GIVE ME A ROUTINE SO I CAN MAGICALLY LOSE WEIGHT"

Here, let me sum it up for you real easy.

Eat less.
Pick up heavy things. Put them down.
Repeat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8177595)

Have you not learned from your yo-yo-ing weight that crash diets are unsustainable?

Yes, lets try all sorts of random shit ranging from EC stacks to eating massive deficits and wonder why you can't keep the weight off.

Since I'm at it, I'll list out all your excuses for you:
- I got depressed
- I got on meds
- I got off meds
- Work got in the way
- I didn't have work, so I wasn't motivated
- I met a girl and broke up with her and got depressed
- blah blah blah
- I ATE TOO MUCH

DaFonz 03-06-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8176503)
Wow I did not even realize. I'm 95% sure my deadlift max is over 365lb, but I won't count it until I actually do it :)

Thinking back when I first started 2 years ago, my maxes (if I recall correctly) were

115lb bench
175lb deadlift
145lb squat

I added a total of 560lb to the big three! Kind of a cool way to think about it :fullofwin:

Damn son, you got strong.

Mine
225 bench
315 dead
305 squat
@ 175

:failed:

exdee 03-06-2013 09:14 AM

welp since everyones doing it

Bench: 315lbs
Deadlift: 415lbs+
Squat : 365lbs
BW: 182lbs

instantneedles 03-06-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

As redsir said, as long as you're on the down slope of the slant... There's your olympic weightlifting shoe right there haha

ts14 03-06-2013 09:59 AM

stretched my hams, glutes, quads, and every other part of my leg this morning.

also stretched out upper body

feels good LOL

Sushi604 03-06-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 8177704)
You sound like a resolutioner. "GIVE ME A ROUTINE SO I CAN MAGICALLY LOSE WEIGHT"

Here, let me sum it up for you real easy.

Eat less.
Pick up heavy things. Put them down.
Repeat.

Have you not learned from your yo-yo-ing weight that crash diets are unsustainable?

Yes, lets try all sorts of random shit ranging from EC stacks to eating massive deficits and wonder why you can't keep the weight off.

Since I'm at it, I'll list out all your excuses for you:
- I got depressed
- I got on meds
- I got off meds
- Work got in the way
- I didn't have work, so I wasn't motivated
- I met a girl and broke up with her and got depressed
- blah blah blah
- I ATE TOO MUCH

You totally beat me to it. Everyone has an excuse. Everyone is looking for that damn magic-pill. Everyone listens and follows too much media and bro-science.

However since your searching for that magical routine I'll just spell it out for you.

Focus on the following 3 things.
  • Benchpress (if your strong enough, dumbbell bench pressing is far more effective but can injure you just as quick)
  • Chin up's to the sternum
  • Deadlifts

However as I said before, non of these matter if you don't clean up your diet. You can't get big unless the fuel you consume is in your body to support you. Remember, you should be viewing your daily goal as 90% diet and 10% to the gym.

Your better off asking us how I should eat vs how I should lift.

ts14 03-06-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi604 (Post 8177751)
You totally beat me to it. Everyone has an excuse. Everyone is looking for that damn magic-pill. Everyone listens and follows too much media and bro-science.

However since your searching for that magical routine I'll just spell it out for you.

• Benchpress (if your strong enough, dumbbell bench pressing is far more effective but can injure you just as quick)
  • Deadlifts

However as I said before, non of these matter if you don't clean up your diet. You can't get big unless the fuel you consume is in your body to support you. Remember, you should be viewing your daily goal as 90% diet and 10% to the gym.

i get asked way too much if im on roids, im not even that big or strong :fuckthatshit:

the way i see it is the more u eat, the more ur giving urself to build on. if u want to get stronger then eat. if u want to get bigger then eat more. over eating shouldnt be a issue if u have the right amount of cardio mixed into ur routine

Sushi604 03-06-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

If it were me, I would approach it as more of a challenge with the elevation change. However depending of the steepness, wouldn't be a problem when your dead lifting since the plates are round? I would hate to chase after 600 lbs of weight just because I was careless when dropping the bar.

Sid Vicious 03-06-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi604 (Post 8177751)

• Deadlifts

in what way...barbells are the shit for every exercise. plus its pretty hard to get injured benching unless your form is shit tier

RRxtar 03-06-2013 11:41 AM

instantneedles 03-06-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8177807)
in what way...barbells are the shit for every exercise. plus its pretty hard to get injured benching unless your form is shit tier

+1 I don't see either dumbbell or barbell being more effective than the other, but both as a strong compliment to each other...

My personal unbiased view (all hypothetical):

dumbells: good for stability and triceps because dumbbells don't allow you to compensate with your dominant side like you would with barbell. dumbbells allow you to be able to merge the dumbbells at the peak activating more pecs. Good for without a spotter because you can just drop the weights

barbell: good for benching really heavy weight. Very simple, I'm not able to bench as much with dumbbell as I am with barbell because I do not have to kick the weights up into starting position unlike barbell where I can just have my spotter unload the barbell from a racked position. With the barbell, I know exactly where I need to go to perform a full range of motion (touching the chest), whereas the dumbbell will be harder to gauge how low I will need to go (alot of guys go half way and don't even realize it). With the dumbbells, I have to keep it fixed on the transverse plane (to prevent the dumbbells from falling off to the side or falling ontop of me) in addition to the saggital plane, while for barbell my goal is to push the bar straight up in front of me. however, being able to work with dumbbells and working on this stability will be highly transferable to barbell bench.

Araaadi 03-06-2013 12:03 PM

Hmph, just posting up some new PRs. 3 weeks ago I was 238, currently at 232 pounds. Cutting my way down to 200. Currently on my second month of the Jim Wendler 5/3/1.

Dead PR - 425 x 1 with a little arch of back
Bench - 315 x 1 - going to attempt a little more tomorrow
Squat - 315 x 5 - slacking a little, working my way to build flexibility to go a little lower than parallel with heavier weights
Overhead Press - 185 x 3

hotong 03-06-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts14 (Post 8177753)
i get asked way too much if im on roids, im not even that big or strong :fuckthatshit:

notsureifsrs

exdee 03-06-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts14 (Post 8177753)

that's what people that are afraid of lifting heavy because they're afraid of getting "big" say

Excelsis 03-06-2013 12:26 PM

hahaha

Stealthy 03-06-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvu (Post 8177841)
that's what people that are afraid of lifting heavy because they're afraid of getting "big" say

bro i dont want to get big, just toned