REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

strykn 01-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7757059)
Well it wasn't really a kip as much as I lowered it about 2-3 inches (like a rackpull without crash bars) and then focused all my momentum on driving my hips forward and boom! I quit after that though .. I realized any heavier and I was asking for trouble lol

I did smith rows for the first time today, and it was definitely a different burn. How wide of a grip are you guys using when you do them? I was doing 1 finger narrower than what I bench with.

do smith rows with a SUICIDE grip... :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

BrRsn 01-10-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splmash (Post 7757120)
Deadlifted today at the gym.

I was going for 6 sets of 6 with 335lbs.

I did the first 4 fine. Form was decent and even though I was exhausted I was able to pull 6 reps. On set 5, I was able to do 5 reps but on the 6th rep, it was bad. the chalk wasn't holding up and the barball slipped a little while I was thrusting forward/up. My lower back is tweaked now. I can walk and everything, it's just very uncomfortable.

Been there before! Heated seats in the car on max + heatpad + hot shower directly on back. Try going to bed on your back .. should feel a little better tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7757140)
do smith rows with a SUICIDE grip... :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

I didn't even think of doing that, thanks brah. Will definitely try that next time.

Volvo-brickster 01-10-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7756039)
Fucking hate having to deal with eczema on my hands. Every time the cuts start to heal, they rip again because of holding weights. They'll never go away :okay: Anyone have the same problem as me?

i always have a tube with me...work, car, gym bag http://hot100tips.com/wp-content/upl...Hand-Cream.jpg

even better when my eczema blisters and pops and oozes

:heckno:

band-aid the shit out of my hands cause you never know what kind of crap is on the weights that im about to grab

RRxtar 01-10-2012 09:06 PM

My mom said she had the worst eczema ever when she was younger. Had to have her hands and forearms wrapped for a long time. Apparently it all cleared up in her 20s tho and she hasnt had any at all since.

hal0g0dv2 01-10-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 7757129)
Halo, how do you scratch your back? (srs)
Posted via RS Mobile

i dont lol

edit: door frames

Fcukedd 01-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster (Post 7757156)
i always have a tube with me...work, car, gym bag http://hot100tips.com/wp-content/upl...Hand-Cream.jpg

even better when my eczema blisters and pops and oozes

:heckno:

band-aid the shit out of my hands cause you never know what kind of crap is on the weights that im about to grab

Do you see any improvements with that cream?

Haha that's exactly what I do. I have like 4 cuts on my hands, and 3 that are prone to rip. Washing your hands is a nightmare. :heckno:

subordinate 01-10-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7757132)
man all the regular spotters were not at gym today only noobs, some fuck fucked up my lfit for heavy bench and something cranked in my shoulder.... man feelsFUCKING BAD RAGE#($U#*()$@*(#

my 2012 has been terrible so far emo as fuck right now

Should have told him how to spot properly lol.

I'll admit, I don't really know the etiquette when spotting. When a bro asks, I say, "sure, but how do you want me to spot you."

And regarding people choosing zane, I pick Samir!

chin3se604 01-10-2012 10:02 PM

shitty day....

dropped my water bottle, hinge of the water bottle shifted

got to gym...opened bag.. found my protein/creatine had spilled out of my shaker bottle

headphone wires got pulled.. now the sound is distorted

on top of all that.... 1mr did little to nothing for me :okay:

SkinnyPupp 01-10-2012 10:11 PM

So today was DL day. My last week pr was 310 lbs for 1. So today I did 2 reps and it felt easy. Decided to try 150 kg which is 330, but couldn't get it off the ground lol

So I just backed it down and did reps. Will try 320 for a new pr next week.

Good workout other than that. Hit my weakass pecs with cable press and flies, then did some lat pulldowns.

Also forgot to wear my gym shoes so I did the workout in socks. Feels good man except I was slipping when doing cable press.

BTW for those with eczema try eliminating wheat from your diet. SERIOUSLY. try it for 6 months, I bet it goes away forever.
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 01-10-2012 10:24 PM

was gonna go gym...then decided i'll go tomorrow. i've slept 3-4hrs each night for the past 2 days..im exhausted as fuck!

PK6o4* 01-10-2012 11:37 PM

i usually sleep like 4-5 hrs a night then sleep during the day for at least 2 hours before gym, pretty solid workout today, past week all my workouts have been sickkkk

also noticed today my stretch marks on my left arm upper bicep near the armpit and delt has increased a bit and got some new stuff in the middle of the bi starting to show, and my right arm used to have none, but see 3 little stretch marks coming out as well feels good and bad at the same time

they cant be seen when wearing a regular t, but wife beater yes :okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

J89 01-11-2012 12:27 AM

Slepted 8hrs everyday for 2 weeks.
Eat 2-3 times a day + 2 protein shakes.
Gained 3 lbs :fuckyea:

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2012 12:50 AM

Gained another 2 lbs since starting reverse pyramid and building up deadlift. Back up to 210 but way leaner. I SWEAR I can see progress in the mirror every single day.
Posted via RS Mobile

subordinate 01-11-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK6o4* (Post 7757400)
i usually sleep like 4-5 hrs a night then sleep during the day for at least 2 hours before gym, pretty solid workout today, past week all my workouts have been sickkkk

also noticed today my stretch marks on my left arm upper bicep near the armpit and delt has increased a bit and got some new stuff in the middle of the bi starting to show, and my right arm used to have none, but see 3 little stretch marks coming out as well feels good and bad at the same time

they cant be seen when wearing a regular t, but wife beater yes :okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

Take fish oil!

And skinnypup, damn thats sick. Tempted to switch from the 5x5, stalling.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2012 02:09 AM

How long have you been on 5x5?
Posted via RS Mobile

PK6o4* 01-11-2012 02:12 AM

is there a difference between fish oil & cod liver oil? thinking of picking up some nutrasea ascenta fish oil, how much should be taken daily for it to have a benefit? im 5'6 150lb if that makes a dif
thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2012 02:21 AM

YES! Liver oil is almost pure vitamin A, which can quickly become toxic.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2012 02:22 AM

Couldn't make it home after dinner without stopping for more food. :sweetjesus:
Posted via RS Mobile

Phozy 01-11-2012 06:57 AM

Who else felt like halo when they hit their goal? :badpokerface:

2 plate DL for 2 at 120lbs...I'm so proud ;D LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

Berzerker 01-11-2012 09:11 AM

Just measured my wrists and I got 7.5" seems big? How does that number correlate with anything?

That was measured over the bone thing. If I measure just behind the bone I only lose an 1/8th of an inch.

I can JUST touch the tips of my fingers together if I wrap my hand around my wrist.

Berz out.

hal0g0dv2 01-11-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7757621)
Just measured my wrists and I got 7.5" seems big? How does that number correlate with anything?

Berz out.

size of your penis :troll:

sonick 01-11-2012 09:15 AM

I WISH my penis were as big as the circumference of my wrist

:alone:

Berzerker 01-11-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7757624)
I WISH my penis were as big as the circumference of my wrist

:alone:

Me too I could stand to lose a couple inches....

Berz out.

The_Situation 01-11-2012 10:41 AM

Woo new PR for my deadlift

RRxtar 01-11-2012 10:53 AM

good lockout.