REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Sid Vicious 06-24-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8492354)
I've heard the thing compresses your knee good.. If anything though I'd take it as something positive.. helps with rebound outta the hole :P

For you strength peeps, started running sheiko 29 base cycle.. will update y'all on how it goes. I'm liking the sheer volume that this program has with light weights... great for building muscle mass, nervous system efficiency, movement development.

sheiko 29 imo is for beginners run this one instead
http://www.joeskopec.com/borisp.xls

Fcukedd 06-25-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8492354)
I've heard the thing compresses your knee good.. If anything though I'd take it as something positive.. helps with rebound outta the hole :P

Ya I can definitely agree that it helps with the stretch reflex, but I feel like the tightness is cutting off circulation :fuckthatshit: Getting used to it though.

On a side note, been running your typical 5/3/1 on deadlift for the past 4 months now, and been seeing linear progress.

About to go into my 5th month, but considering the 10 week Ed Coan routine. Any insight on it? Deadlift is at ~465lb...wanting to hit 495lb by September

Sid Vicious 06-25-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8492927)
Ya I can definitely agree that it helps with the stretch reflex, but I feel like the tightness is cutting off circulation :fuckthatshit: Getting used to it though.

On a side note, been running your typical 5/3/1 on deadlift for the past 4 months now, and been seeing linear progress.

About to go into my 5th month, but considering the 10 week Ed Coan routine. Any insight on it? Deadlift is at ~465lb...wanting to hit 495lb by September

check out the review here
Critiquing The Coan Philippi Deadlift Routine | PowerliftingToWin

PK6o4* 06-25-2014 04:39 PM

when doing bench and driving legs into ground i feel a tightness/cramp in the underside of my quads/hamstrings (below glutes), which doesnt allow me to use much leg drive during the press

how to get rid of this tightness? feels like something gonna pop in my leg unless i put my feet on the bench, i didnt have this problem until recently because i hadnt benched in a while was doing db presses for a long time

instantneedles 06-25-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8492454)
sheiko 29 imo is for beginners run this one instead
http://www.joeskopec.com/borisp.xls

i was told russians do reps first before sets. Is this the case in this program?

And looks like a pretty good prep program. I fall just under the CMS level barely lol. Percentages aren't too high.

I will alter it so I get in the gym 5-6 times a week.

Sid Vicious 06-26-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8493241)
i was told russians do reps first before sets. Is this the case in this program?

And looks like a pretty good prep program. I fall just under the CMS level barely lol. Percentages aren't too high.

I will alter it so I get in the gym 5-6 times a week.

yea you should be fine for ms prep! sheiko 29 is too easy for you imo

theres more than one

hal0g0dv2 06-26-2014 09:26 PM

used a sling shot today pretty fun

instantneedles 06-27-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8493941)
used a sling shot today pretty fun

how much more did you add on top of your regular bench?

LC21 06-28-2014 09:34 AM

5lbs

hud 91gt 06-28-2014 10:54 AM

That feeling when you get your adrenal test results back from the naturopath, and she needs to ask again if you take any testosterone or steroids.

:fullofwin:

Naturally high levels of DHEA, or T-Nation was right and squats do increase levels of test!

hal0g0dv2 06-28-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8494784)
how much more did you add on top of your regular bench?

ummmmmmm well it was kinda weird for me to put on, we got the double xl and i could almost not fit it over my arms i know it has to be super tight but it killed my arms, and also i bench kinda high right and it is aimed to more power lift below the nipple when you go down, it did help tho for sure its pretty cool 5 plates for 3 and there was not much help well there was cause cant do that normally but it still felt really heavy.
i tried after with a like a sweater of over my arms to slide it on better and i tried the power lift style bench it does help it went across my chest more, not being cocky but i got a pretty big chest so its hard to get around it. i will deff use it more my buddy left it for me when he went away, if i head to over to van i will bring it and use it with u guys

instantneedles 06-28-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8494985)
ummmmmmm well it was kinda weird for me to put on, we got the double xl and i could almost not fit it over my arms i know it has to be super tight but it killed my arms, and also i bench kinda high right and it is aimed to more power lift below the nipple when you go down, it did help tho for sure its pretty cool 5 plates for 3 and there was not much help well there was cause cant do that normally but it still felt really heavy.
i tried after with a like a sweater of over my arms to slide it on better and i tried the power lift style bench it does help it went across my chest more, not being cocky but i got a pretty big chest so its hard to get around it. i will deff use it more my buddy left it for me when he went away, if i head to over to van i will bring it and use it with u guys

Hm interesting, i think it takes awhile to get used to too.. I tried it once at the end of a bench session and it seemed harder for me.

Vid of kirill sarachev benching with it.. The guy benches 700+ raw

320icar 07-03-2014 10:07 PM

fuark. ive had a few vacations and road trips the last couple of weeks with a random work schedule. sleeping on hotel floors and 3" foam mattresses have ruined me. ive had some back pain for a little while, and this monday it jumped into over drive. everyone knows their body and i knew something was up. went for x rays at the chiro today, my back is le fooked. my hips are like 4" off of being even, and my back is like an S curve side to side. no wonder im getting spasms lately.

on the good side, i finally got some pics back from the las vegas bachelor weekend!

nabs 07-03-2014 10:10 PM

Fasting Month :okay: no workouts, I'm trying to fit a little bit here and there while i can eat at night, but I don't think its safe to go all out.

Sid Vicious 07-04-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8497639)
fuark. ive had a few vacations and road trips the last couple of weeks with a random work schedule. sleeping on hotel floors and 3" foam mattresses have ruined me. ive had some back pain for a little while, and this monday it jumped into over drive. everyone knows their body and i knew something was up. went for x rays at the chiro today, my back is le fooked. my hips are like 4" off of being even, and my back is like an S curve side to side. no wonder im getting spasms lately.

on the good side, i finally got some pics back from the las vegas bachelor weekend!

how the fuck did u do that to ur back lol, sleeping on flat + hard surfaces is good for your back

320icar 07-04-2014 11:46 AM

Pretty sure it was years of bad posture and ignoring good stretching and other old back pains. I'm looking at this positively; a good chiro should help me up my squat game!

wc19 07-04-2014 05:04 PM

your back is an s curve Side to side, sounds like scoliosis?

hal0g0dv2 07-04-2014 05:27 PM

fukkkkkkk so close to 5 plates on benchhhhhhhhhh

nabs 07-06-2014 06:16 PM

Soooo, I was looking for something to wear today, and all my pants are loose and I didn't want to wear my high end size 34 jeans. So I dug into my closet for a pair of jeans and found one from 2007, when I was skinny. It was a size 32, I didn't expect it to fit, i just decided to try it on anyways, and what do you know, fits comfortable and perfect.

So far in the last 5 months, I have dropped from a size 38 tight, to a size 32 comfortable, I am over the moon, so excited.

And what's even more exciting is that I'm not even close to done, My body is taking shape how I want it to. I have muscles and I feel really fit. My blood work and blood pressure are great. I feel like I can conquer the world.

My cousin is 180lbs and I am 205lbs now, we are the same height, he has a big belly and wears larger sizes than me, whereas I have a flat stomach, and a body that is slowly getting defined. I now know that weight is not everything, it's a well balanced mix of everything.

This just goes to show that having the right goal pays off big time.

That was my rant, or excitement or what have you. But I am really excited about this journey and I'm glad it's not ending soon.

instantneedles 07-06-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8498754)
Soooo, I was looking for something to wear today, and all my pants are loose and I didn't want to wear my high end size 34 jeans. So I dug into my closet for a pair of jeans and found one from 2007, when I was skinny. It was a size 32, I didn't expect it to fit, i just decided to try it on anyways, and what do you know, fits comfortable and perfect.

So far in the last 5 months, I have dropped from a size 38 tight, to a size 32 comfortable, I am over the moon, so excited.

And what's even more exciting is that I'm not even close to done, My body is taking shape how I want it to. I have muscles and I feel really fit. My blood work and blood pressure are great. I feel like I can conquer the world.

My cousin is 180lbs and I am 205lbs now, we are the same height, he has a big belly and wears larger sizes than me, whereas I have a flat stomach, and a body that is slowly getting defined. I now know that weight is not everything, it's a well balanced mix of everything.

This just goes to show that having the right goal pays off big time.

That was my rant, or excitement or what have you. But I am really excited about this journey and I'm glad it's not ending soon.

5 months sounds like a justifiable amount of time for you to start reaping the benefits of consistent exercise.. good for you man!

Once you jump on board, don't ever hop off.. you wanna be able to reach the final destination

320icar 07-08-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wc19 (Post 8497964)
your back is an s curve Side to side, sounds like scoliosis?

You're correct. Moderate scoliosis from years of small injuries. My neck is also moved forward and shoulders curved in (not pushing chest out enough) and my hips are uneven and rotated. Going to be a few months of chiro 3x a week, tapering down after 6 weeks.

Good news is gym is still a green light. It's not a compression problem so weights are okay, except for dead lift or bent over row kind, since it might not help the shoulder issue.

I'm seeing this as a huge wake up call. I've been fallen off the wagon for a very long time. I've noticed stress and sadness is definitely highe lately and I feel more snappy. I've got to get my shit together and get back into shape.

Nabs u gotta help me!

Qmx323 07-08-2014 08:09 PM

Hey guys

how do you guys deal with left and right biceps having uneven size

320icar 07-08-2014 10:21 PM

your left and right will always vary depending on which is your dominant hand. definitely focus on barbell exercises (for even weight distribution) and make sure with free weights that you dont keep maxing out your right arm while fizzling out with your left. i'd measure and double check the difference isn't just in your head, and maybe modify your workouts for some extra tricep pulldowns or wtv with whichever arm is lacking.

mine is pretty uneven, but i think its normal

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...ps170f6ea8.png

nabs 07-09-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8499643)

Nabs u gotta help me!

PM me brah.

instantneedles 07-09-2014 02:40 PM

unilateral exercises help with imbalances

I find that doing more barbell stuff helped balance out the disparity