REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

RRxtar 10-28-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7163770)
in a nutshell pretend you are sitting on a shitter.. then back up... but while doing so, keep your head up, chest out.

and pants on

Matlock 10-28-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7163880)
Lolkai sounds like the bar is too high if its hurting the back of your neck in my opinion.
Posted via RS Mobile

Either that or he has no traps. I has that when I was noober.
Posted via RS Mobile

!Yaminashi 10-28-2010 03:34 PM

How do you get HEIGHT for your traps? I've been trying for the longest time and cant get any height. My buddy suggested close grip barbell shrugs, I can feel it but no dice.

Is it all genetics? =\

In other news, hoping to move onto 60 lb dumb bells for shoulder press soon :)

hal0g0dv2 10-28-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7164224)
How do you get HEIGHT for your traps? I've been trying for the longest time and cant get any height. My buddy suggested close grip barbell shrugs, I can feel it but no dice.

Is it all genetics? =\

alot has to do with genetics and body, i only do shrugs more or less for traps, heavy shrugs pause at the top for a few then down

trancehead 10-28-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7163770)
in a nutshell pretend you are sitting on a shitter.. then back up... but while doing so, keep your head up, chest out.

best analogy ive heard

dont want to deuce all over yourself

Spidey 10-28-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7164268)
alot has to do with genetics and body, i only do shrugs more or less for traps, heavy shrugs pause at the top for a few then down

yup the insertion and origin points are genetics.. ie the dreaded "asian pecs" or lack there of.. where it looks like you had a baseball thrown at you by randy johnson right in the sternum.

if you dont see any results from shrugs after a couple months of doing so, i would just concentrate on shoudler presses and side/front raises... your traps actually activate more than you think during shoulder presses.

it is kind of a shitty deal, like people with skinny calves.. there isn't much you can do about it :S

The Chengman 10-28-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7164224)

Is it all genetics? =\

you have to consider your diet as well. If you dont eat enough your muscles will take longer to grow

trancehead 10-28-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 7164351)
yup the insertion and origin points are genetics.. ie the dreaded "asian pecs" or lack there of.. where it looks like you had a baseball thrown at you by randy johnson right in the sternum.

if you dont see any results from shrugs after a couple months of doing so, i would just concentrate on shoudler presses and side/front raises... your traps actually activate more than you think during shoulder presses.

it is kind of a shitty deal, like people with skinny calves.. there isn't much you can do about it :S

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...vSKI0Qtd1mmHE=

The Chengman 10-28-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7141481)
Thats the point. My abs aren't popping out as much anymore. My friend recommended putting on makeup lol

water in, water out. Cut on carbs.

JHatta 10-28-2010 08:18 PM

Good advice in there

Also start with your toes facing slightly out
Never have your knee over your big toe (duh....)
SQUEEZE YOUR CORE! You may think you can't get that last one up, but just flex your core muscles and you can do it!

Squats are king.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7163596)
ive been squatting just since last February basically and here are things ive learned to keep in check:

-pick a fixed object and STARE at it. dont look down, or to that sissy beside you doing some bullshit with the squat rack
-wear flat soled shoes (no shox or that bullshit)
-keep ur back arched and powerful
-push ur chest OUT
-keep ur feet PLANTED( i see people tippy toeing sometimes) and drive with your heels
-grip the bar as hard as you can (will help keep ur upper body tight)
-as you go upwards in the squat, push your knees to the sides OUT
*and the LAST thing i learned which really helped me progress in squats is to
-move hips BACKWARDS during downward flight.

not moving my hips hindered me from squatting close to ATG.

if you need help getting the hip motion down....try Good mornings. After doing GM's, which was just about 1.5 months ago, i can squat ALOT better now

rslater 10-28-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chengman (Post 7164549)
water in, water out. Cut on carbs.

What exactly do you mean by water in water out? Thanks.

The Chengman 10-28-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rslater (Post 7164654)
What exactly do you mean by water in water out? Thanks.

meaning how much you pee out, is the same amount of water you drink. Cause you dont want bloating.

SkinnyPupp 10-29-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chengman (Post 7164495)
you have to consider your diet as well. If you dont eat enough your muscles will take longer to grow

This is probably the best answer, surprisingly enough

SkinnyPupp 10-29-2010 01:23 AM

BTW pushups on swiss ball = FUCKING HARD. I can barely do sets of 10. I think the ball isn't inflated enough though

SkinnyPupp 10-29-2010 01:37 AM

I just realized I did GTL today :lol

Alpine50 10-29-2010 02:44 AM

Going to be trying 1mr instead of jack3d for the first time, interested in seeing if it makes a difference for me. Need to look for a protein shake tho
Posted via RS Mobile

sonick 10-29-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chengman (Post 7164684)
meaning how much you pee out, is the same amount of water you drink. Cause you dont want bloating.

Drink heavily the night before so you dehydrate yourself.

Anybody else ever notice their abs are especially ripped the morning after a night of dirnking?

ws6ta 10-29-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6163623)
anyone else feel like they've always got an ache or pain somewhere that just wont completely go away? if its not my left shoulder its my right. if its not that, its my wrist. if my upper body is feeling good my knee starts acting up again. i feel like an old man sometimes

yeah I felt like that for a while. Then I realized I'm over training. Switched back to a monday/wed/fri routine and feeling good again. :thumbsup:

po.chac.co 10-29-2010 10:42 AM

ok so im 5'8 weighing in currently at 170ish (give take a couple pounds off) and my goal before new years is to get 200. and if i manage to get 200 i will stop taking gainer and start running all that weight and start my cutting phase by introducing cardio mostly everyday into my workout.

simply, would it make any difference if i were to stop at 180 rather than 200? im not doing any cardio right now since im not comfortable with my size

last year when i was serious i reached 195 and went 2x a day to the gym weekdays.
but i got lazy so im starting it back up, been going once a day (for almost 2 months); weekdays or try to anyways...

The_Situation 10-29-2010 11:32 AM

I'm pissed. I did legs the other day and didn't get sore at all because my workout buddy had to leave early and I was his ride.

hal0g0dv2 10-29-2010 01:21 PM

back and biceps today, pumped for that, got some new v neck tee's for the gym baby

Gh0stRider 10-29-2010 03:16 PM

Used the gym at the Sandman Hotel im at....omg, it sucks.
2 cardio machines, 2 5lb, 2 5lb dumbbells....

hal0g0dv2 10-29-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 7165388)
Used the gym at the Sandman Hotel im at....omg, it sucks.
2 cardio machines, 2 5lb, 2 5lb dumbbells....

haha wtf. 200 reps of 5 pounds lol

The Chengman 10-29-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7165180)
I'm pissed. I did legs the other day and didn't get sore at all because my workout buddy had to leave early and I was his ride.

If you know ur pressed for time. Just do squats. That should be good enough

The Chengman 10-29-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenryuubito (Post 7165141)
ok so im 5'8 weighing in currently at 170ish (give take a couple pounds off) and my goal before new years is to get 200. and if i manage to get 200 i will stop taking gainer and start running all that weight and start my cutting phase by introducing cardio mostly everyday into my workout.

simply, would it make any difference if i were to stop at 180 rather than 200? im not doing any cardio right now since im not comfortable with my size

last year when i was serious i reached 195 and went 2x a day to the gym weekdays.
but i got lazy so im starting it back up, been going once a day (for almost 2 months); weekdays or try to anyways...

This is my opinion, so if you dont agree its okay.
I dont see the point of bulking up(putting on tons of weight, then cutting to look ripped). Its a waste of money and time. Also, if you do reach 200 by jan, its not pure muscle.

So your better off with lifting to increase lean muscle. Looks better too.