REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

BlackV62K2 11-05-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFresh604 (Post 7173648)
Anyone have any advice for trying to trim down fat around the core? I know there are your basic crunches, but stuff that I can work into a workout would help me out too. I'm not looking to get bigger, I'm trying to cut down. I would try to get more cardio in, but my endurance isnt the greatest (had a gym card for the last little while, but school has killed me.) I went to the gym today and just did a bunch of random stuff to get my feet wet, and I plan to go 5-7 days a week if I can.

Oh yeah, I have no idea what to do about supplements and stuff, and I can't really afford it either, any effective cheap stuff would be good. If not, just go with lots of veggies/fruits and lots of protein while avoiding stuff like white rice?

Any other things to help my cut down my weight would be awesome

Thanks

You can't target where you lose fat. Just increase your cardio, do some high intensity workouts and plan a good diet.

DC5-S 11-05-2010 12:47 AM

man I did zero cardio when i did weight loss.. mostly cuz i was lazy.. but I do it now tho 2-3 times a week.. but fat loss is in the kitchen, dont really need to even workout to loose fat.

ray666 11-05-2010 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7172882)
I just joined Golds Gym @ Burnaby... lol I used to be so against commercial gyms.

How much does that gym cost for membership? That gym is somewhat close to my apartment and would be the best gym for me to get to traveling wise.

sonick 11-05-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7173682)
man I did zero cardio when i did weight loss.. mostly cuz i was lazy.. but I do it now tho 2-3 times a week.. but fat loss is in the kitchen, dont really need to even workout to loose fat.

Good call; the calories burned in cardio is a relatively negligible in terms of weight loss. If only more people realized this, thinking 30 mins of elliptical will burn off their Big Mac meal.

Spidey 11-05-2010 07:22 AM

cardio generally is good for strenghening and coniditionin the heart and lungs and the body's ability to become a bette oxygen transport system... the best way to burn/reduce calories is to eat less... to a certain degree.. working out, esp with weights and resistance, will increase your efficiency in terms of BMR

ezol 11-05-2010 08:11 AM

I pay 42/mo for golds @ Burnaby. I also live very close thats the reason why I'm going there too. There is a Steve Nash Fitness World opening up the street soon too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray666 (Post 7173772)
How much does that gym cost for membership? That gym is somewhat close to my apartment and would be the best gym for me to get to traveling wise.

dhari 11-05-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7173388)
I hope they carry V8's in gaint 24 packs. The most veggies I'm getting in is from subway.

yea i get a few flats from costco every few months.

gdoh 11-05-2010 08:25 AM

doesnt v8 have a ton of salt in it... i think youd be better off buying a juicer

hal0g0dv2 11-05-2010 08:34 AM

salts fine

gdoh 11-05-2010 08:50 AM

a little bit of salt yea but everything has so much in it i would cut it down anywere i could because too much is be very bad for u

so y not pay a little more for a juicer and have a healthier chioce or just find ways to put them into meals idk just my 2 cents

dhari 11-05-2010 09:12 AM

^ i get the low salt ones. but yea id rather be able to eat real food. schedule is pretty hectic these days. cant find time to do much

StealthFighter 11-05-2010 09:48 AM

if you're gonna drink v8, might as well get the high fiber one. but it's not really a good substitute for real veggies. pretty much water, sugar and a little bit of veggies. dwight schrute would be disappointed in the amount of beets in there.

just buy a bag of frozen broccoli and steam it. easy to eat on the go. takes 5 minutes to cook. the time spent on this forum, you could be eating your veg.

anyone else see this report
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...ts-seized.html

hal0g0dv2 11-05-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthFighter (Post 7174029)
if you're gonna drink v8, might as well get the high fiber one. but it's not really a good substitute for real veggies. pretty much water, sugar and a little bit of veggies. dwight schrute would be disappointed in the amount of beets in there.

just buy a bag of frozen broccoli and steam it. easy to eat on the go. takes 5 minutes to cook. the time spent on this forum, you could be eating your veg.

haha shit

hotong 11-05-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

wow wtf

Matlock 11-05-2010 11:46 AM

Just came back from my first training session at Gold's. I was limited with time so I didn't do too much.

First thing I wanted to do was dead lifts on the lifting platform, but just my luck some guy wanted to do curls in the rack. I figured he was a big guy, so np BUT he only put 30 lbs on the bar for all of his reps... blarg.

Anyways I did DLs on beside the platform. I really like the noname bumper plates, but it will be limiting when I go with heavier weight.

Spidey 11-05-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotong (Post 7174147)
wow wtf

you;re an idiot if youre taking anythign along those lines anyways.

The_Situation 11-05-2010 01:39 PM

Chest today. No pecs no sex

DC5-S 11-05-2010 01:47 PM

took a look in my closet today. got 44lbs of protein, 8lbs casein protein, 4 muscle pharm assault, 3 orange triad, 4 optimen, 2 creatine, 54 protein bars, 3 fish oil, 4 perfect skin, and other stuff
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 11-05-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7174301)
took a look in my closet today. got 44lbs of protein, 8lbs casein protein, 4 muscle pharm assault, 3 orange triad, 4 optimen, 2 creatine, 54 protein bars, 3 fish oil, 4 perfect skin, and other stuff
Posted via RS Mobile

hahaha that is fucking sick, i am zero on the protein bars,
when do u use cassein and what company ? that is pricey no matter what company i find. what is perfect skin ?

hal0g0dv2 11-05-2010 02:09 PM

back sholders and biceps today
hopefully get a new one rep max for deads

DC5-S 11-05-2010 03:12 PM

^^ I bought this one http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/casein.html I got it for $28.99 on wheycheap.com when it was on there, came out to $40 CAD each after shipping and conversion.. bought 2 of them. I take it before bedtime, and I dont feel hungry when I wake up its really good.. slow released protein

Meowjin 11-05-2010 03:31 PM

man i have serious tendon issues and my physio is having a field day in regards to my shoulder.

Hondaracer 11-05-2010 03:43 PM

oh shit, i got a bottle of the thermalean in that picture in my drawer right now lol, havent used it in like 2.5 years though

shit produced results though, during the 3 months where i was dieting and did a 3 week cycle of that shit, i went from 218 to the lowest at 186 lol

Lolkai 11-05-2010 04:39 PM

i find hanging leg raises to be fucking killer for abs and the core in general.

SkinnyPupp 11-05-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

LOL Therma-Lean! Talk about old-school

When I worked at a health store (yes I actually had a job for about 10 months after high school) we had a box of all the illegal supps under the counter. Including Therma-Lean of course! :lol