REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

blkgsr 02-28-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 7812727)
i have that problem too, did u try it shoeless
Posted via RS Mobile

no yet, but i will

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7seven (Post 7812770)
I ordered a pair of these for heavy squats and deadlifts

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/...sm=1.1,0.5,1,0

adidas Online Store

Similar to the Vibram 5 fingers shoes. Awesome for squats and deadlifts, very stable and a good overall gym shoe, just not the best if you plan on jogging moderate to long distances.

ya those look interesting...sportscheck sells them

was also looking at the lance armstrong shoes, i think nike makes them

RRxtar 02-28-2012 02:26 PM

I appreciate peoples opinions on how they feel about Mcdonalds meat. but theres nothing you can say to me to convince me that the meat in a Mcdonalds burger patty is equal to a steak from IGA or ground sirloin from the butcher.

alwayslive 02-28-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7812906)
I would personally never consume factory farmed meat. No one will ever convince me a chicken genetically modified to grow so fast that it cannot walk, is fed a cannibalistic diet loaded with hormones, never sees sunlight and is crammed into a giant box with thousands of others animals is good for you.

Then again, I'm a vegetarian, so I don't need to worry about that at all...

Anyway..
Lost a bit of weight and progress the last couple weeks after getting slammed with school, so I'm trying to make up for that now. Usually I just have scrambled eggs with peppers and onion for breakfast, but today I made oatmeal and then tried to down 4 raw eggs. That stayed down for about 10 seconds.. I don't know how anyone can handle that..

I find that adding a bit of salt and pepper to raw eggs make it easier to down..
either that, or just slurp it down without chewing like a shot, makes things hell of a lot easier.

did DL's today, realized that while im at the bottom/starting position, my butt/hip is kinda.. leaned towards my right side. I tried fixing it, but nothing really worked.
My spine is curved a little bit to the right though, so would that be the problem?

Excelsis 02-28-2012 04:24 PM

your right side is stronger than your left maybe? lower weight

and raw eggs means you're running the risk of food poisoning, up to you

BrRsn 02-28-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 7812690)
Squats and DL today!! Trying it in the afternoon instead of 6am. Already torn a couple boxers squatting as well :(

Halo I think you were doing McDonalds salads with Mcdoubles a while back? What were you ordering?

Mcdonalds mighty caesar, 2 mcdoubles with nothing on them (or add mac sauce) ... :sweetjesus: so good ... and I actually lost a ton of weight eating like that lol

@raw eggs .. don't do it dude. People just do it for show because rocky did it. Hardboil eggs in the morning and just eat them in one bite with some water .. depending on how good you are at swallowing (no homo) you can probably cut them in halves and down them w/o chewing.

LC21 02-28-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7813072)
Mcdonalds mighty caesar, 2 mcdoubles with nothing on them (or add mac sauce) ... :sweetjesus: so good ... and I actually lost a ton of weight eating like that lol

@raw eggs .. don't do it dude. People just do it for show because rocky did it. Hardboil eggs in the morning and just eat them in one bite with some water .. depending on how good you are at swallowing (no homo) you can probably cut them in halves and down them w/o chewing.

2 bites babyyyyyy...3-4 of em in the morning depending on how many eggs i have left in the fridge.
Posted via RS Mobile

alwayslive 02-28-2012 05:35 PM

yeah I hate the raw egg thing too, I used to do it cause I thought it'd make me bulk more :rukidding:

what do you guys usually eat for breakfast?

BrRsn 02-28-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 7813149)
yeah I hate the raw egg thing too, I used to do it cause I thought it'd make me bulk more :rukidding:

what do you guys usually eat for breakfast?

4 pieces of bacon style chicken (superstore), 4 hardboiled eggs, water.

~1.5 hours later, 1 scoop whey with handful almonds.
If I have leftover chicken breast, I sub my bacon style chicken w/ chicken breast. Cutting though. If I was bulking I'd have a serving of oatmeal with a scoop of whey mixed in (currently my PWO food) and some buttered toast (fuck I miss buttered toast, so good).

TouringTeg 02-28-2012 06:24 PM

Oh damn I want that mighty caesar now! Lost weight on it whoa.

Dl 295x5 again. Feelsgood.

Breakfast is protein pancake.
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 quick oats
Scoop of vanilla whey
1 tbsp no sugar maple syrup

1 tbsp of nat crunchy peanut butter spread on top
Posted via RS Mobile

alwayslive 02-28-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7813223)
4 pieces of bacon style chicken (superstore), 4 hardboiled eggs, water.

~1.5 hours later, 1 scoop whey with handful almonds.
If I have leftover chicken breast, I sub my bacon style chicken w/ chicken breast. Cutting though. If I was bulking I'd have a serving of oatmeal with a scoop of whey mixed in (currently my PWO food) and some buttered toast (fuck I miss buttered toast, so good).

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 7813257)
Oh damn I want that mighty caesar now! Lost weight on it whoa.

Dl 295x5 again. Feelsgood.

Breakfast is protein pancake.
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 quick oats
Scoop of vanilla whey
1 tbsp no sugar maple syrup

1 tbsp of nat crunchy peanut butter spread on top
Posted via RS Mobile

wow now I know why I'm pinner, I eat like half of that..
I usually eat whats in my fridge full of chinese food and if i'm not feeling lazy, I make some oatmeal with peanut butter
definately gonna start eating buttered toast though!

XplicitLuder 02-28-2012 06:55 PM

so im pretty much done my SS i think and gonna switch up my routine. my whole purpose atm is to lose weight and get definition. no im not expecting to see a "toned" body in like 3months LOL but im looking more into higher reps. I was thinking of doing 3-4 exercises per muscle in a 3-4 set of 8-10 reps. Does that sound okay?

Excelsis 02-28-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 7813261)
wow now I know why I'm pinner, I eat like half of that..
I usually eat whats in my fridge full of chinese food and if i'm not feeling lazy, I make some oatmeal with peanut butter
definately gonna start eating buttered toast though!

you can't be lazy with your diet if you want results

see.lai 02-28-2012 07:13 PM

I have been on Starting Strength since June last year.
All I could say is that, I have stalled a lot, and moved up a lot. The human body sure is confusing. But nonetheless, my gains are starting to go up again finally, thanks to eating more and having a spotter.
I'm almost at my peak like last year. :fuckyea:

Did 315x1 for deadlifts the other day and I felt like god.

sonick 02-28-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7813007)
and raw eggs means you're running the risk of food poisoning, up to you

The risk was from the egg coming into contact with the outside of the shell. If you crack it properly (on a flat surface not on a bowl edge), the egg will not touch the outside of the shell. Even if it does touch, there is very little risk of food poisoning from supermarket eggs nowadays as they are disinfected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7813072)

Good advice, as protein from raw egg has much lower bioavailability (almost half) than cooked egg.

DaFonz 02-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDął (Post 7812732)
The chicken is even worse. What they do is blast whatever is left on the chicken bones after all the quality meat has been taken off into a vat. They then ammonia the shit out of it to disinfect because it's literally assholes and lips. This is what it looks like after processing:

http://docakilah.files.wordpress.com...get-paste.jpeg

It has to be re-dyed white and chicken flavour added to it so that it's edible. But mmmmm nuggets are so good :heckno:

Uh, wrong.

snopes.com: Mechanically Separated Chicken

strykn 02-28-2012 07:54 PM

finally do deads after 2 weeks and pull my back on 2 plates LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Phozy 02-28-2012 08:57 PM

65lb db press for my working set, thats half my bodyweight.
What an achievement that is for me. i rep 60s like its my regular working set now
i feel so accomplished, accompanied by trance music? even better
and im starting to fit my clothes better too :alonehappy:

JDął 02-28-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 7813451)

:rukidding: Wow so now they just smash EVERYTHING through the sieve. Fucking disgusting.

hal0g0dv2 02-28-2012 09:49 PM

Body Fat tested
7/8%
Posted via RS Mobile

alwayslive 02-28-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phozy (Post 7813561)
65lb db press for my working set, thats half my bodyweight.
What an achievement that is for me. i rep 60s like its my regular working set now
i feel so accomplished, accompanied by trance music? even better
and im starting to fit my clothes better too :alonehappy:

LOL I love it when I can fit my clothes better it makes me so happy that I went through all of the pain :fuckyea:

Gerbs 02-28-2012 11:52 PM

anyone else experiance mild pain around the tailbone after doing deadlifts.or squats?
anyone what this is
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 02-29-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7812910)
I appreciate peoples opinions on how they feel about Mcdonalds meat. but theres nothing you can say to me to convince me that the meat in a Mcdonalds burger patty is equal to a steak from IGA or ground sirloin from the butcher.

In terms of what? Taste? Of course not. Fat content? Depends on cut.

What else is there? "quality" doesn't exist when comparing meat. Meat is meat. If MacDonalds isn't adding anything to their beef (some claim that they add ammonia so who knows) everything else is in your head ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

MindBomber 02-29-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7813826)
In terms of what? Taste? Of course not. Fat content? Depends on cut.

What else is there? "quality" doesn't exist when comparing meat. Meat is meat. If MacDonalds isn't adding anything to their beef (some claim that they add ammonia so who knows) everything else is in your head ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

Feed, living conditions, slaughter procedure and other details all play fundamental roles in an animals biochemistry and therefore meat.

Basic comparable illustration of that, compare the colour of a free range chicken egg to a cheap one, the deep orange yolk of the free range chicken egg isn't coincidental.

SkinnyPupp 02-29-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7813841)
Feed, living conditions, slaughter procedure and other details all play fundamental roles in an animals biochemistry and therefore meat.

Basic comparable illustration of that, compare the colour of a free range chicken egg to a cheap one, the deep orange yolk of the free range chicken egg isn't coincidental.

Yolk colour has nothing to do with "quality" (again people use this as if it's an objective term - it isn't always so). The colour is based on what the chicken eats.

Now chickens fed a lot of omega 3 feed will have darker yolk and healthier eggs, but those two aren't directly connected, if you know what I mean.

Steak isn't "higher quality" than ground beef just because it is a steak. If it comes from the same cow, it's the same "quality".

Same with chickens. A chicken could eat a lot of dark food and lay a dark yolk egg. That doesn't mean it is automatically better than a chicken living on the other side of the pen who only eats lighter coloured feed.

If you take a steak and put it through a grinder, does that automatically mean it's "low quality"? No, it means it's ground. IMO ground beef with other stuff in it - connective tissues, some organs, is actually better than a steak patty, as it contains a more varied amino profile. It won't taste as good, but once again nobody has quantified this "quality" they are referring to.

hal0g0dv2 02-29-2012 08:32 AM

legs and shoulders
thanks strykn :)