REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

PK6o4* 04-16-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7889337)
i've been doing a lot of strength training.
i'm starting to want to cut and do some hypertrophy work.
i know you basically wanna eat less for the cut and just up your reps and do more volume for hypertrophy. also taking shorter breaks will help with the calorie burning

are there anymore tips for this?

low carb low cal high pro

kevin7352 04-16-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7889388)
make sure you have lots of size or u will look like a skinny bitch after u cut

i won't really be extremely pinner i just really want to get rid of this fat i've been carrying around since i was a kid :rukidding:

SkinnyPupp 04-16-2012 07:41 PM

It will come back unless you make permanent changes.

I have this theory, and there is no real basis for it, that the longer it takes you to lose fat, the longer it will stay that way. Like you could cut down to 5-10% bf in a month by extreme dieting, but then what happens when you start to eat normally again?

Or you could make less drastic changes to your diet, something that you can live on day to day, and adjust your output upward... It will take a lot longer, but you will have a leaner 'every day' body

Maybe it's bullshit I dunno

JSilver 04-16-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowBun (Post 7889293)
last final tomorrow at 830am.
gonna hit the gym tomorrow and release the beast! even thought I will be tired as shit for pulling an all nighter lol :fuckthatshit:

I don't get people who do this. If you're tired stay home and rest.

Come back the next day and be 110%+ rather than 50%.

RRxtar 04-16-2012 08:23 PM

havent done incline bench press first thing in my workout in months. if i do it, its usually after slaying dumbells.

new PR 255x3.

SkinnyPupp 04-16-2012 08:24 PM

:ahwow: what's your flat bench at?

hal0g0dv2 04-16-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7889429)

I have this theory, and there is no real basis for it, that the longer it takes you to lose fat, the longer it will stay that way. Like you could cut down to 5-10% bf in a month by extreme dieting, but then what happens when you start to eat normally again?

Or you could make less drastic changes to your diet, something that you can live on day to day, and adjust your output upward... It will take a lot longer, but you will have a leaner 'every day' body

very true
its like girls that loose 20 pounds in a month then next week they are fat casue they had a all you can eat buffet,

strykn 04-16-2012 08:32 PM

mind over matter, almost healed from my sickness will be back in gym by thursday no problem.... been o'ding on vitamin D and oil of oregeno.. :D

hal0g0dv2 04-16-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7889488)
havent done incline bench press first thing in my workout in months. if i do it, its usually after slaying dumbells.

new PR 255x3.

did that also tonight

kevin7352 04-16-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

same theory as me. i'm looking for really basic things i can change/do help slowly get rid of my fat

SkinnyPupp 04-16-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7889506)
same theory as me. i'm looking for really basic things i can change/do help slowly get rid of my fat

Leangains

jeffh 04-16-2012 08:55 PM

did 245x2 for skwats

its been a while

ShadowBun 04-16-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7889439)
I don't get people who do this. If you're tired stay home and rest.

Come back the next day and be 110%+ rather than 50%.

Thing is, if i stay home and since its been a while since I worked out, I will just get lazy and start missing out more. Even if its not the greatest working tomorrow, it is still necessary to go. IMHO

jeffh 04-16-2012 09:00 PM

^ i agree

a shit day in the gym, is still working towards keeping the habbit

RRxtar 04-16-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7889489)
:ahwow: what's your flat bench at?

i think my max is 285x3 or 295x1 or something like that. cant quite remember as its been a while. havent really been shooting for PRs in a while. it was 2 plates plus a 25 plus a 5 or 10.

instantneedles 04-16-2012 11:05 PM

Just curious, but anyone here every competed at bodybuilding shows before? Seeing as how most of you guys lift super heavy and do lots of 5x5s I'm assuming most of you here are powerlifters as opposed to bodybuilders..

The_Situation 04-17-2012 12:12 AM

lol im pretty sure the majority here lift more so for aesthetics and geared more towards bodybuilding routines.

SkinnyPupp 04-17-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7889788)
lol im pretty sure the majority here lift more so for aesthetics and geared more towards bodybuilding routines.

I disagree. Berz, halo, and mike are the only ones that stand out to me as being into bb regimes. The rest are building for power, like the guys showing crazy dl videos that do not look like BBers at all.

Of course I could be missing some, but based on my recollection, most here are more into strength than looks.

J89 04-17-2012 12:20 AM

Been sick for two weeks..lost so much muscle... finally feeling a bit better.
Might try to gym it up tomorrow!! goodnight rs

subordinate 04-17-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Skinnypup, you may be on to something. I was 185, dropped to 164ish in just slightly over a month due to ankle injury.
Skyrocketed back to 190-195 darn fast (Month later I believe, after being able to walk). lol.

I felt better/leaner couple years back when I was aiming for around consistent 160ish by dieting (making healthier choices) for months to make weight for tourneys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7889790)
I disagree. Berz, halo, and mike are the only ones that stand out to me as being into bb regimes. The rest are building for power, like the guys showing crazy dl videos that do not look like BBers at all.

Of course I could be missing some, but based on my recollection, most here are more into strength than looks.

Agree as well - seems more Powerlifters than BB's

TouringTeg 04-17-2012 07:24 AM

I always squat and deadlift and am more focused on power lifting.

TouringTeg 04-17-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7889388)
make sure you have lots of size or u will look like a skinny bitch after u cut

Have to quote this because it is so true. I am learning this the hard way. This is my first time bulking then cutting. (Started lifting in 2010) I was 6'0" 200lbs and started cutting in February. I'm now 178lbs and way leaner but only a 2 pack.

I also see what you guys were saying a while back how you can look bigger when you have lost weight and have more muscle definition. With my shirt off I look bigger, but with shirt on I look smaller.

Berzerker 04-17-2012 07:35 AM

Yup it's a mind fuck. Shirt off you look beast when cut but you lack the overall mass that fills out the shirts when bulked.

Berz out.

Berzerker 04-17-2012 09:21 AM

The gym is an infection in my mind. All morning all I do is count down the hours until I can go lift. Fuck I love it. Shoulders today. Love dat der delt pump.

My overhead DB press is lacking due to the fact I gots no spots. Hard to really push yourself on that when you can't get those one or 2 extra reps. With shoulder presses I find it really hard to grind out an extra rep when fatigued. Might try Smith Presses.....

Berz out.

JDął 04-17-2012 09:37 AM

BRB repped out 100lb DB's on flat and incline bench back to back on international chest day.