REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 11-22-2010 04:18 PM

2 more workouts until i go to NY, maybe rrxtar will pass me on incline, what are u benching these days dude

DC5-S 11-22-2010 06:55 PM

finished chest/tri's today.. dont feel like the JM press hits my triceps hard enough.. might be swapping it out soon

SkinnyPupp 11-22-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7197724)
If you wrote this instead about a page ago, there would have not been such a shit storm:p

SkinnyPupp usually i agree with your statements (the common misconception of fats NOT making you fat in particular) and they are insightful, but I think most would agree here you come off a little brash when sharing your opinion

Yeah I realized that a few posts later and took it back..

RRxtar 11-22-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7198184)
2 more workouts until i go to NY, maybe rrxtar will pass me on incline, what are u benching these days dude

bench has dropped off lately. been focussing more on shoulders and deadlifts lately.

incline bench still repping 2 plates plus a 10 per side.

sonick 11-22-2010 08:54 PM

ok, just used my SocialShopper coupon for Steve Nash Fitness World (NOT eligible for sports club as I had originally thought) and am thoroughly disappointed at my first real "gym" experience having worked out at community centres all my life.

Probably just gonna go there on chest days.

Gripes:
  • Weights strewn all over the place
  • Weights not put back in proper place, mixed and matched (I am OCD by wanting the same brand plates on both sides)
  • People not wiping down their benches
  • Bicep curl & honger central
  • People stepping right in front of you to grab weights while you are doing a set and watching your form in the mirror
  • Only one un-assisted squat rack. Being a dedicated gym I would have at least expected at least two
  • Shitty parking lot

Pros:
  • Dedicated incline bench
  • Dedicated decline bench

!Yaminashi 11-22-2010 08:59 PM

Man I dunno if its just the seasonal change or what, but my workouts havent been too impressive lately..

SkinnyPupp 11-22-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7198629)
ok, just used my SocialShopper coupon for Steve Nash Fitness World (NOT eligible for sports club as I had originally thought) and am thoroughly disappointed at my first real "gym" experience having worked out at community centres all my life.

Gripes:
  • Weights not put back in proper place, mixed and matched (I am OCD by wanting the same brand plates on both sides)
  • People stepping right in front of you to grab weights while you are doing a set and watching your form in the mirror
  • Only one un-assisted squat rack. Being a dedicated gym I would have at least expected at least two
  • Shitty parking lot

Pros:

Having the weights all mixed up and shit like that is horrible! Totally the gym's fault too.

Only one squat rack, I can relate to that :(

DC5-S 11-22-2010 09:28 PM

i saw this asshole leave 2 sets of dumbbells by his bench then walk away once he was done and leave the weights there.. i wanted to tell him to put them back but didnt want a confrontation lol

sonick 11-22-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7198694)
i saw this asshole leave 2 sets of dumbbells by his bench then walk away once he was done and leave the weights there.. i wanted to tell him to put them back but didnt want a confrontation lol

Pretty much everybody did that at Fitness World it seemed like. Guy just left a barbell with plates in the middle of the ground after his deadlift and walked away.

JSilver 11-22-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7198694)

I wouldn't even bother to begin with. In the end its the staff who should be looking over everyone and putting weights away if left alone for a long period of time.

They actually suspend members (@ Golds) for a week or two if the weights are seen tossed and left alone or not put away after use.

sonick 11-22-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7198719)
They actually suspend members (@ Golds) for a week or two if the weights are seen tossed and left alone or not put away after use.

That sounds awesome.

nns 11-22-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7198629)

Gripes:
  • Shitty parking lot

Pros:

Richmond location, next to RONA?

RRxtar 11-22-2010 10:19 PM

we've all heard about Tank Abbot's 600lb bench press?

I think hes trying to crush his chest?

"you can bench 500 pounds?..thats nice...i can knock you out" - Bas Rutten puts life in perspective

sonick 11-22-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7198728)

Yea

Spidey 11-23-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7198728)

fitness world sucks... steve nash having ownerships over the fitness world is more for the cash and not for quality.. its junk. unless they start doing a facelift to the fitness worlds (in terms of their workers.. it all starts from there), it will always be the same.. whether it is a new one or the ghetto one on kingsway...

as for steve nash clubs... i hear they are very nice, and a lot of eye candy, and very persistent/incompetent workers/sales (how does 1 person pay more for the same deal from the same sales????). And since they had the 20 dollar add on to those who are fitness world members to use steve nash club, i feel sorry for those original steve nash members...

incubus 11-23-2010 06:48 AM

http://www.controlledlabs.com/product_desc.php?id=156

Good till noon friday

Sadly I workout at the same fitness world too and yeah its a pretty shitty gym but I like the decline bench.
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 11-23-2010 07:37 AM

pretty sick chest article

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...tain_dog_style

Orion 11-23-2010 10:32 AM

i hate those people who thinks that fitness world is the only proper gym in the world and will defend them to the death

hal0g0dv2 11-23-2010 10:54 AM

i dont really care about the gym or the ppl in it, for me its
-Squat rack 2 or more
- all types of incline benches
- dunbells up to 125- 150
- lots of attachments for triceps biceps
- deadlift station or platform
- allowed to use chalk

I really could care less about the people that workout there, that does not get in MY WAY of having a kick ass workout, i have no problem of going up to someone and asking them how many sets left or can u put your fucking weights back asshole, i always call out assholes that leave there plates on the bench, i know its just a 45 and change but that is not the point, if everyone put three weights away we would not have this problem

!Yaminashi 11-23-2010 10:57 AM

^That's cause you're a monster

gdoh 11-23-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7199430)
i dont really care about the gym or the ppl in it, for me its
-Squat rack 2 or more
- all types of incline benches
- dunbells up to 125- 150
- lots of attachments for triceps biceps
- deadlift station or platform
- allowed to use chalk

I really could care less about the people that workout there, that does not get in MY WAY of having a kick ass workout, i have no problem of going up to someone and asking them how many sets left or can u put your fucking weights back asshole, i always call out assholes that leave there plates on the bench, i know its just a 45 and change but that is not the point, if everyone put three weights away we would not have this problem

lol plates arnt much of a problem but i fuckin hate when people take dumbbells all over the place then you cant find a matching pair

gunna hopefully get back into the gym this week been a month and lost 20 pounds from dieting need to get the strength back

hal0g0dv2 11-23-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7199436)
^That's cause you're a monster

yeah that helps a little bit i guess hehe

RRxtar 11-23-2010 11:51 AM

my absolute favorite thing in the world to do at the gym is when theres a pack of 5 guys doing wrist curls or shrugs in the deadlift area thinking they are all hardcore and fucking around more than lifting weight. i ask how long they are going to be and then keep walking by so they know im there. they think they are legit and then me and jeffh roll up and deadlift 350+ and their jaws drop. usually half of the group ends up watching us lift, and the smallest guy, usually the one whos not a cocky fuck, sometimes asks a question or makes a comment.

on an unrelated note im going to start getting shirts made with slogans on the back like "talk less, lift more" "shut up and lift" and "stop doing curls in my squat rack"

!Yaminashi 11-23-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7199497)
my absolute favorite thing in the world to do at the gym is when theres a pack of 5 guys doing wrist curls or shrugs in the deadlift area thinking they are all hardcore and fucking around more than lifting weight. i ask how long they are going to be and then keep walking by so they know im there. they think they are legit and then me and jeffh roll up and deadlift 350+ and their jaws drop. usually half of the group ends up watching us lift, and the smallest guy, usually the one whos not a cocky fuck, sometimes asks a question or makes a comment.

on an unrelated note im going to start getting shirts made with slogans on the back like "talk less, lift more" "shut up and lift" and "stop doing curls in my squat rack"

This is all I can say to your comment

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons...jpg?1269221733

FUCK YEA.

Hondaracer 11-23-2010 03:25 PM

what is your guys routine for biceps? currently ive been doing

Concentration Curl
Barbell Curl
Reverse dumbell curl
then occasionally toss in the dumbell curl

is there any specific ones i should be doing more than others? typically i'll get about 3 sets each in at 10-15 reps basically until failure for most of them