REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

instantneedles 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8133346)
Any advice on increasing deadlifts? Mine has stalled for a LONG time, and I can't seem to get it up (insert homo jokes here). I'll be going on Wendler for deadlifts very shortly, but maybe I can work on a short term program/style of training before doing so.

From what I know to be true, most of your deadlift gains happen after an intensive squatting program. Most powerlifters don't start deadlifting until 2-3 weeks before a comp, so just goes to show how much of a transition you can get from squat to deadlift.

I would just focus on squats to start off with first. In addition to that, rackpulls, hypers, weighted hip bridges and other supplementary exercises.

Go back to deadlifts afterawhile, and you'll notice that your sticky points will be in totally different places, and your leg/hip drive will be so much stronger/tight.

What's your current 1 RM for deadlifts?

J.C 01-15-2013 08:17 PM

i find that squats and cleans help
it's in the hips

Fcukedd 01-15-2013 08:20 PM

I think hip strength and explosiveness is an issue for me.

My goal right now is to increase my squat (currently on 5/3/1 for it). We'll see how my deadlift goes after a couple of months.

My DL max is shit. Last time I checked which was 2-3 months ago was around 355lb. My 1RM squat is only 20lb lighter :okay:

instantneedles 01-15-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8133504)
I think hip strength and explosiveness is an issue for me.

My goal right now is to increase my squat (currently on 5/3/1 for it). We'll see how my deadlift goes after a couple of months.

My DL max is shit. Last time I checked which was 2-3 months ago was around 355lb. My 1RM squat is only 20lb lighter :okay:

Yeah man, I'm also working on both my squat and deadlift, having an ACL sprain definetly does not help.

Will be starting smolov for squats in february, with interval sprints on tuesdays and thursdays. I really feel that sprinting will do the trick for me because simply squatting alone I'm not able to activate as much of my muscle fibers as much as if I were to combine them with sprints. Hamstrings have always been a weakpoint for me, so will be targetting those as well with stifflegged dumbbell deadlifts.

There are times when I feel like my naturally smaller waist will hinder my deadlift numbers, but after seeing that video matlock posted, really made me realize what human potential really is.

Goal will be to squat 4 and dead 5

PK6o4* 01-15-2013 09:00 PM

fucked up my shoulder doing arnie pullovers.. feels bad man
Posted via RS Mobile

Wetordry 01-15-2013 09:33 PM

Deadlifts> work on your grip, form and muscle activation.

I watched an hour of youtube tutorials and I hit my deadlift pr +50pds vs last wk a few hours ago.
Posted via RS Mobile

strykn 01-15-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 8133311)
yeeeeeeeeeeee.

World of difference when I remember to take my adderall.

It's scary how undistracted and how much I get done.

I should probably switch to strattera which is a permanent fix to my ADHD.

Day one of IF.

At at 2:30. Had spag + meat sauce + 2 eggs.

My last meal will be a lamb chop and some almonds. at 8.

Workout was mediocre. I am sick so I may have lost some strength at the bench. I was only able to do 285 today x 4, but I did do incline, weighted dips and bosu ball pushups followed by 15 minutes of medium intensity cardio.

I GOT THIS LETS DO IT.

need way more protein bro

Meowjin 01-15-2013 11:23 PM

HUNGRY

I forgot ot mention I had 3 shakes too.

Wherever I go for lunch tomorrow I'm gonna have to stack protein on protein.

broken_arrow 01-15-2013 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of food, can't really see what it is on the picture, but its basically 200g of Oikos 2% Greek Yogurt + 1 tbs of chia seeds + 1 tbs of honey + 1/3 of raw (uncooked oats).

Protein - 34g
Carbs - 52g
Fat - 11g
Calories - 415

I started substituting my late night protein shake with that. Love it.

GFitTrain 01-16-2013 01:03 AM

Looks good bro. I like to eat my Greek yogurt mixed with cottage cheese and have a protein shake before bed.

TouringTeg 01-16-2013 07:00 AM

Speaking of partial reps from a few pages back... I was packing up my gym gear and noticed a couple people doing bench and neither were touching the bar to their chest (or even coming close.) I try to barely touch my chest with the bar or stop just before.

Do you you guys touch the bar to your chest when doing bb bench?

n3w8ie-aler 01-16-2013 07:45 AM

either i rest it for a second then explode up
Or
I don't touch the chest
Posted via RS Mobile

hotong 01-16-2013 08:06 AM

greek yogurt is legit

LC21 01-16-2013 09:39 AM

Superstore sells that President's CHoice Greek yogurt for $2.98. Awesome :fullofwin:

gdoh 01-16-2013 09:41 AM

greek yogurt with mango slices
cottage cheese with pineapple, i buy the pineapple cups stilled in water drink the liquid then dump pineapples in

try it

broken_arrow 01-16-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8133813)
Speaking of partial reps from a few pages back... I was packing up my gym gear and noticed a couple people doing bench and neither were touching the bar to their chest (or even coming close.) I try to barely touch my chest with the bar or stop just before.

I always touch tbh. I think that I get a full ROM that way.

sonick 01-16-2013 09:45 AM

Greek yogurt recipes eh? Here's mine, inspired by the overpriced blenz protein smoothies:
  • 1/2 cup coconut water
  • handful of frozen berries
  • 1 scoop whey protein (chocolate or vanilla is fine)
  • 2 ice cubes
  • 1 big tablespoon dollop of greek yogurt (I use 2% for extra richness/creaminess that the 0% doesn't have)
  • Optional: a few shreds of kale or few leaves of spinach

Blend. Delish.

Alpine50 01-16-2013 10:55 AM

Anyone got a app they can recommend for tracking meals?
Posted via RS Mobile

Meowjin 01-16-2013 11:04 AM

superstore has terrible greek yoghurt.

I miss the stuff my mom used to make ;(

try to find fage. you can get it at trader joes in the states.

hal0g0dv2 01-16-2013 11:34 AM

super store has oikos from danone that is prob the best greek yogurt next to liberte or w/e

broken_arrow 01-16-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 8133936)
Anyone got a app they can recommend for tracking meals?
Posted via RS Mobile

MyFitnessPal is what I use.

sonick 01-16-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8133966)
super store has oikos from danone that is prob the best greek yogurt next to liberte or w/e

The thing with Danone is that it has fillers, preservatives and gumming agents whereas Liberte and other brands do not.

Meowjin 01-16-2013 11:43 AM

in greece we buy yoghurt from the yoghurt man sometimes.

he drives a motorcycle and yells "freska yaouurti" on the streets

shits delicious. and fresh.

instantneedles 01-16-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 8133813)

I cant see any reason why you wouldnt want to touch the chest. I find that people with a weaker chest and stronger tricep will tend to fall short on their ROM so they can displace their weight onto their tricep. The lower you go, the more stretch your chest will get and the more you can train it to contract stronger. The only special case I would make for partial ROM for bench is when i am testing 1RMs
Posted via RS Mobile

ts14 01-16-2013 01:50 PM

I always touch chest if I'm doing a 1rm for bench, same for squats where I go below parallel. I'm not comfertable doing a max squat at parallel kuz I always do ATG and going all the way down does affect my max but I would rather be strong with full range of motion rather then half way.

Just my 2 cents
Posted via RS Mobile