REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

LC21 02-01-2013 08:20 PM

Barely worked out last week and this weeks workout just sucked. Gonna quit smolov, and go back on a split for a little bit. Gettingtoo drained from the intense cycle.
Posted via RS Mobile

The_Situation 02-01-2013 11:23 PM

Bunch of phaggots at shitcentral taking their shirts off fml. Think I saw fcuked there. Do they even lift?
Posted via RS Mobile

GFitTrain 02-01-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8149044)
Bunch of phaggots at shitcentral taking their shirts off fml. Think I saw fcuked there. Do they even lift?
Posted via RS Mobile

When was this? Were they aesthetic?

Fcukedd 02-01-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8149044)
Posted via RS Mobile

Hey phaggot you joined in :troll: I have a video

GFitTrain 02-01-2013 11:46 PM

Post it or negged.

BinsentoW 02-02-2013 12:23 AM

Wut. Seems like I missed out on some excitement.

dee242 02-02-2013 12:41 AM

can someone look over this to see if this is a good plan because am going to boot camp in the summer for parachuting and you have to be exttremley fit to get in http://adf.ly/IQ4SZ

Fcukedd 02-02-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinsentoW (Post 8149104)
Wut. Seems like I missed out on some excitement.

Friend from Kelowna came down to visit, so a bunch of us heat bags decided to get a workout in together.
Took some phaggot pics for lulz ft. The Situation :troll:

Wykydtron 02-02-2013 08:55 AM

Getting super frustrated. I have been doing my best to work on flexibility for squats, but I can't seem to improve my squat depth. Unsupported, my back/butt starts rounding underneath me at about the half way (maybe just past half way) to parallel mark. Don't know what else/other stretches to do other than the ones that are recommended online.

broken_arrow 02-02-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wykydtron (Post 8149234)
Getting super frustrated. I have been doing my best to work on flexibility for squats, but I can't seem to improve my squat depth. Unsupported, my back/butt starts rounding underneath me at about the half way (maybe just past half way) to parallel mark. Don't know what else/other stretches to do other than the ones that are recommended online.

How do you squat (stance/bar position)? I have the same issue tbh. I switched to low-bar, semi-wide stance (toes pointing a bit out) a couple of weeks ago and my squat started getting much better and deeper...

red_sir 02-02-2013 11:47 AM

Might be a technique thing. Don't try to overarch or sit back too much in the beginning. Try to keep your back neutral, sit straight down and open up your knees at the bottom. I know a lot of people are taught to arch hard and sit back as far as they can, but IMO that only works for powerlifters that squat to parallel (at best).

PS. keeping your core tight as fuck helps too.

broken_arrow 02-02-2013 11:59 AM

I want to log my progress (if there is any) here. I decided to dedicate February to improving my squat. Starting Monday I will start the Smolov base mesocycle (3 weeks) and test my max during the fourth week. I will still work out my upper body during those days (will do a push/pull exercise).

So far my squat max is 405 and I just pulled 495 yesterday. I'm looking forward to week 4!:fullofwin:

red_sir 02-02-2013 12:06 PM

Judging by how strong your bench already is, you're gonna be a monster!
Posted via RS Mobile

broken_arrow 02-02-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8149353)
Judging by how strong your bench already is, you're gonna be a monster!
Posted via RS Mobile

Thanks! But its really not good at all for my bw... :okay:

red_sir 02-02-2013 12:23 PM

A 4 plate bench is amazing, period! Pound for pound stats always fav smaller guys so don't worry about it. Absolute strength is just as important IMO. If you wanna compare yourself against smaller guys, it'd be more fair using a wilks score.
Posted via RS Mobile

Wykydtron 02-02-2013 12:51 PM

My form is pretty good overall. Personal trainer I had to focus specifically on squats and DL's had me dialed in in form, and addressed my hip flexibility as to the cause of the rounding.

broken_arrow 02-02-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8149367)
A 4 plate bench is amazing, period! Pound for pound stats always fav smaller guys so don't worry about it. Absolute strength is just as important IMO. If you wanna compare yourself against smaller guys, it'd be more fair using a wilks score.
Posted via RS Mobile

Thanks man! I guess so. I'm still not at 4 plates for bench yet. I hit 355 on Thursday and failed my attempt at 365..
Posted via RS Mobile

Recon604 02-02-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8147935)
got any tips for this women? :pokerface:

http://i46.tinypic.com/210zkb5.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...78004348_n.png

red_sir 02-02-2013 04:44 PM

Second week of Smolov base complete! First 7.5 workouts were brutal, had to grind out almost every set in pain. Half way through today's workout I switched to a narrower stance with toes pointed out slightly more and everything just clicked. No more back or hip pain and much more power outta the hole. I swear that's how I used to squat, but somewhere along the way my form turned to shit.

On a related note, hitting upperbody as hard as ever while doing Smolov. My workouts are lasting 2.5-3hrs now but I'm actually setting small PR's in bench and overhead press after squatting. Pretty ecstatic since all my lifts were down 10% during the holidays.

jack3d 02-02-2013 06:14 PM

wheres the article that i think it was skinnypupp who posted it awhile ago saying if you ate junk food and did resistance training that it would have the same effect on the body as eating wholesome foods and resistance training? it was something along the lines of that.. trying to show a buddy

ts14 02-02-2013 06:29 PM

long ass sesh :fuckyea:

military press : 145lbs with 5x5
close grip bench : 205lbs with 5x5
weighted wide grip pullups : 45lbs plate + BW with 5x5
weighted chinups : 30lbs vest + BW with 5x5

ugh im done for the day

Sid Vicious 02-02-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 8149611)
wheres the article that i think it was skinnypupp who posted it awhile ago saying if you ate junk food and did resistance training that it would have the same effect on the body as eating wholesome foods and resistance training? it was something along the lines of that.. trying to show a buddy

idk man, but you just gotta emphasize calories in vs calories out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8149534)
Second week of Smolov base complete! First 7.5 workouts were brutal, had to grind out almost every set in pain. Half way through today's workout I switched to a narrower stance with toes pointed out slightly more and everything just clicked. No more back or hip pain and much more power outta the hole. I swear that's how I used to squat, but somewhere along the way my form turned to shit.

On a related note, hitting upperbody as hard as ever while doing Smolov. My workouts are lasting 2.5-3hrs now but I'm actually setting small PR's in bench and overhead press after squatting. Pretty ecstatic since all my lifts were down 10% during the holidays.

hahah nice, been fiddling with my stance alottt too. find toes at 15 degrees is pretty effective.

btw, dont forgot super secret chinese assistance exercises

instantneedles 02-02-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8149534)

were you going ATG with the narrower stance? I'm thinking this is more of an olympic squat with its emphasis on quads and ankle drive

Many weeks ago, I did it with a plate, and it felt alot better for my knees, versus wide stance parallel which placed alot more strain onto my knees. Strictly speaking for my acl sprain, I feel like I can squat with the lighter weight with alot less pain in the knee.

Can't wait till my knee gets better so I can fucking squat heavy again

red_sir 02-02-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8149727)
were you going ATG with the narrower stance? I'm thinking this is more of an olympic squat with its emphasis on quads and ankle drive

Many weeks ago, I did it with a plate, and it felt alot better for my knees, versus wide stance parallel which placed alot more strain onto my knees. Strictly speaking for my acl sprain, I feel like I can squat with the lighter weight with alot less pain in the knee.

Can't wait till my knee gets better so I can fucking squat heavy again

I've been trying to go ATG with both stance. But ATG with a wider stance makes everything hurt lol. But yeah, you're right, my squatting style is pretty close to an olympic style squat. My old "wide" stance is only about shoulder width, and my new closer stance is slightly inside shoulder width.

How is your knee rehab coming along?

Btw, me and hotong will be coming to cheer you on next week! haha

L0uie69 02-02-2013 10:05 PM

i already miss squatting :( tweaked my lower back somehow sleeping thursday night. I completed 9/12 workouts of smolov and had to skip day 10, hopefully it'll be good to go in a few days so i can complete the program