REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Fashion Discussion Thread. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669975-fashion-discussion-thread.html)

PJ 03-12-2013 06:32 PM

Looks good? feels good? fits well?
yes. yes. yes.
That's about all the criteria I had when I bought mine lol

Amby 03-24-2013 09:13 PM

I want add a fashion tip in this thread. Dress all in one color from your top to your shoes. Don’t forget to match your tights or stockings to your outfit too. Dark colors slim, so try black, navy, charcoal, burgundy, deep green, or purple.
Australian fashion designer

unit 03-27-2013 01:12 PM

looking for a casual 100% cotton blazer. something modern, yet classic enough to wear for the next 5+ years.

notch lapels, shorter length, preferably grey, under $500.

closest ive found is this one, but just a little worried it may be a bit too modern.
i want to be able to dress it up for semi-formal weddings, or dress it down for casual wear.

Rag & Bone Grey Cotton Phillips Blazer for men | SSENSE
the model is 6'4" im 5'10" so the blazer is not quite as short as in the picture.

digitalgirl 03-28-2013 01:38 PM

I just wanted to share this with you guys even though the looks are pretty bold

ALDIES on Vancouver Fashion Week

wuuhoo 03-30-2013 12:46 PM

kinda feel like buying a soft-shell for a spring jacket. Any recommendations?
Was looking at the helly henson brand ones. are they any good?

fs604 03-30-2013 03:45 PM

anybody go to the plenty warehouse sale? any good?

skiiipi 03-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuuhoo (Post 8199044)
kinda feel like buying a soft-shell for a spring jacket. Any recommendations?
Was looking at the helly henson brand ones. are they any good?

H/H is good...very fitted
Arcteryx also makes some great softshells.
North Face Apex Bionic is a good one if ur on a budget
Salomon also makes some nice fitted ones too
Posted via RS Mobile

Not really racist! 03-30-2013 10:21 PM

forgot about bonobos egg scavenger hunt today

:okay:

anybody have sebagos here?
just curious on the sizing and where to look at em locally

im like 9.5 in vans

exdee 04-01-2013 08:43 PM

hey anyone know where i can grab cheap gildan hoodies in van? there are a few places that ship but id rather do local pick up

bing 04-02-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 8183180)
I don't know much about leather jackets and this will be my first time buying one lol

If you're willing to spend a little and actually enjoy wearing a leather jacket, I would advise against buying a Danier.

Their cheap for a reason.

f.k.ed.u.p 04-03-2013 06:28 PM

Moncler

I was wondering what the fitting is like with moncler :(
- is it true to size
- how would u compare it to canada goose's fitting

TY

hud 91gt 04-05-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bing (Post 8201370)
If you're willing to spend a little and actually enjoy wearing a leather jacket, I would advise against buying a Danier.

I've been wearing mine from Danier for about 8 months now. The leather itself is gorgeous, but the liner is deteriorating. I'll get it covered under warranty soon. But for the stylish trends that people go for, I see no need to spend 1000+ on a coat when your going to get bored of it in a year or two. If it's a classic design, and you plan to wear it for life, then sure, spend the big bucks.

I got mine for $250 from $500 and I am very happy, I always get compliments on it.

zetazeta 04-12-2013 11:13 PM

Anyone where to get something similar in length and colour/style at a cheaper price... sub 100?

Thom Browne Navy Nylon Taffeta Swin Shorts for men | SSENSE

I really like that one ugh... so expensive.

dasani604 04-13-2013 11:35 AM

Has anyone here tried SuitSupply? They've gotten quite a bit of love from GQ and SF.

PJ 04-13-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bing (Post 8201370)

What's the reason? Do you actually know the differences in the leather, other than the branding?

Not trying to sound condescending, because I really don't know the difference myself.

You put a $1500 branded jacket next to a $200 Danier one, I wouldn't know which one's which.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8204711)
I've been wearing mine from Danier for about 8 months now. The leather itself is gorgeous, but the liner is deteriorating. I'll get it covered under warranty soon. But for the stylish trends that people go for, I see no need to spend 1000+ on a coat when your going to get bored of it in a year or two. If it's a classic design, and you plan to wear it for life, then sure, spend the big bucks.

I got mine for $250 from $500 and I am very happy, I always get compliments on it.

I've been wearing my Danier for 2-3 years now, and the build is still holding perfect. It fits well, looks good, feels good. Yes, it's starting to wear out a bit, but I paid I think $200 ish, and it's been 2-3 years. Not to mention the worn out look is kinda cool :fullofwin:

And I couldn't agree more with the pricing. Even if the designer branded ones really are that much better in quality and build (which I'm not so sure they are), I would still rather have 5+ Danier jackets over a decade, than 1 jacket I'm gonna get bored of in a couple years.

skiiipi 04-13-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.k.ed.u.p (Post 8203054)
I was wondering what the fitting is like with moncler :(
- is it true to size
- how would u compare it to canada goose's fitting

TY

Moncler fits smaller that Cgoose
I wear a chilliwack bomber in a medium and its a very generous fit
In a moncler I am a large...medium would be very fitted...
Posted via RS Mobile

tru_blue 04-13-2013 10:43 PM

^ I hate how every year, Harry Rosen always carries the same shiny/glossy Moncler jackets, would be better if they carried the non-shiny black/navy versions

woob 04-13-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ (Post 8211301)
What's the reason? Do you actually know the differences in the leather, other than the branding?

Here's a short primer

1. Start with this Saddleback Leather link explaining the differences between the parts of hide used to make the leather.

Summary:
- Full Grain is the best, no contest. And a warning: many products say "genuine leather," and technically they are, but that means they are likely bonded or top grain, both of which are inferior to full grain and the latter of which is just garbage.

- Fully tanned leather is better than non-fully tanned leather.

2. Check out this Die Workwear link to see the imperfections that can mar certain hides.

Summary:
- Better jacket makers will avoid hides that have scars, tick marks, and fat wrinkles. Cheaper ones will keep these imperfections since leather dye can make them less apparent.

3. Common hide types: (quoted from reddit):

Quote:

Cowhide, Steerhide, and HorseHide - All stiff types that are designed to be heavy and durable. These will last you eons, but may not be as supple to the touch.

Calf skin similar to cowhide but slightly softer. Meant to be broken in and is still considered heavy.

Lamb Very light and soft type of leather. The feeling of this will almost feel like cloth or silk like. Many people may not even believe it's leather because of it's soft hand feel.

Goat Softer than calf, but not as soft as lamb. Will be much more porous and heavy grain. Very good versatile all around type of leather.

Buffalo and Bison more heavy leather types. Used for protection and functionality. Will last eons.
4. Also consider hide thickness, tanning method, and the construction of the garment when it comes to overall quality.

Of course, retail pricing is still heavily dependent on brand. A Burberry jacket will likely have better leather than a Danier, but you can definitely bet the price difference is also a function of the brand's status.

zetazeta 04-19-2013 06:56 PM

MDR is SHIPPED!!!! CANT WAIT

woob 04-19-2013 08:54 PM

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. How many weeks was the wait?

zetazeta 04-19-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 8217533)
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. How many weeks was the wait?

16-17? Ordered last week of Dec

trancehead 04-22-2013 04:33 PM

other than Mackage and Danier, what are some other brands you guys recommend for leather jackets? im thinking a biker jacket

smarv 04-22-2013 07:48 PM

Anyone know where I can find a shawl neck cardigan like this one but without that price point, preferably under $150.

rag & bone 'Avery' Shawl Collar Cardigan | Nordstrom
http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegal...7/_7132437.jpg

blee123 04-22-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarv (Post 8219725)
Anyone know where I can find a shawl neck cardigan like this one but without that price point, preferably under $150.

rag & bone 'Avery' Shawl Collar Cardigan | Nordstrom
http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegal...7/_7132437.jpg

g-star makes alot of these styles, Zara has some too

woob 04-26-2013 10:14 AM

Children With Swag

lol