REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

DemonsBlood 04-30-2013 10:46 PM

Wow, nice collections! I started my raw denim game way back when:

Nudie Average Joe Dry Heavy - wore for 1 year and crotch blow
Imperial Duke Indigo - sold, didn't like how it fit on me
Skull 5010xx - didn't like fit
APC PS - Wore for 1 year and too small for quads
W+H slim fit - occasional wear

Future:
Japan blue tapered fit something?

RESN 05-01-2013 02:00 AM

Levis 501STF - first pair of raw denim 6 years ago, had about 9 months of wear before I moved onto APC
APC NS- 1 year and they became too loose
APC PS- 7 months
Samurai 5000VX - 4 years on and off wear

zetazeta 05-01-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwoo (Post 8225441)
damn, two jeans retired after a year... do you bike a lot? I just bought my first raws, APC NS couple days ago and I'd be sad if they blow out a year from now :(

Well first pair of N&F I didn't like the fit and colour after a year. As for the APC's, I was kind of a douche back then and sagged them a bit. That and I used to walk 1.5 hrs to and back from work every single day contributed to the multiple crotch rips. I still have this pair and wear them once a year or so haha

Forgot to mention a pair of W+H straight fits that I have. I've been looking to get them tapered for the past 2 years or so..... laziness gets the better of me.

ShaneN 05-02-2013 11:43 PM

can someone recommend jeans for me? i'll probably get shot for saying this but i love the way trues fit for me but their ship has sailed. i like a straight leg, not boot cut but i want the bottom to fit around a big runner if need be. also don't know if i'm into the raw denim, they seem to be more of a fitted design and i wear a lot of white runners. i've liked some of the nudies i've seen but again, they all seem to be more of a narrow leg, narrow bottom. need something for a thick thigh and calf. also don't have any raw denim knowledge. not really looking form some sarcastic denim elitist response, maybe some suggestions or clear up some things i might have wrong. i'm a denim noob.

Fafine 05-03-2013 05:45 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zjmhxk.jpg

about a year with this belt, pretty noticeable change

DemonsBlood 05-03-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneN (Post 8227699)
can someone recommend jeans for me? i'll probably get shot for saying this but i love the way trues fit for me but their ship has sailed. i like a straight leg, not boot cut but i want the bottom to fit around a big runner if need be. also don't know if i'm into the raw denim, they seem to be more of a fitted design and i wear a lot of white runners. i've liked some of the nudies i've seen but again, they all seem to be more of a narrow leg, narrow bottom. need something for a thick thigh and calf. also don't have any raw denim knowledge. not really looking form some sarcastic denim elitist response, maybe some suggestions or clear up some things i might have wrong. i'm a denim noob.

Take a look at some of the nudie washed models like Average Joe or Big Bengt(?) . All jeans will bleed dye onto white sneakers when new, trues included especially for the darker washes. Take a look at APC New Rescue fit and/or N&F slim guy. They will be your relaxed fits while still maintaining a good form. Depending on your price range you can even look into Flatheads or Japan Blues or the like.

areyounoob 05-04-2013 11:49 PM

This hot weather..
And it's back to my N&F 13oz jeans..

mwoo 05-07-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaneN (Post 8227699)

I'm a denim noob too but look at some 3sixteen denims? Most of them are slim straight which might be what you're looking for

Original Fake 05-08-2013 07:46 PM

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7421/8...b289a3b77e.jpg

zetazeta 05-09-2013 07:42 AM

^ that is sick. I wish I had a pair of really distressed denim for summer =/

Hondaracer 05-09-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 8228195)
http://i44.tinypic.com/2zjmhxk.jpg

about a year with this belt, pretty noticeable change

you oil it?

Fafine 05-10-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8233759)
you oil it?

na LOL just wore it normally.

RESN 05-10-2013 12:19 PM

Just finished exams! Getting more denim in sooon! Prices are the same as always.. $150.

Sizes I've got available
Petite Standards Indigo: 29, 30, 31, 32
Petite Standards Black: 28, 30
New Standards Indigo: 29, 30

Let me know what size you need and I can see if my supplier can get it.

zetazeta 05-10-2013 02:18 PM

^ you should stock APC apparel. I'd be all over that shit!

RESN 05-10-2013 02:30 PM

really trying to! thing with apparel is I need to stock many different styles and sizes which = $$. Without a store front it is hard to sell :( I'm trying to see if I can bring over some of the more popular styles and just go from there.

fs604 05-10-2013 03:55 PM

+1 for apparel
Posted via RS Mobile

unit 05-10-2013 04:42 PM

tbh apparel is a bad idea. the jeans never go out of season or on sale, apparel would be way harder to get rid of.

RESN 05-10-2013 05:42 PM

^my thoughts exaxtly. unless I could order in pieces individually but it's just very hard as they come from Macau
Posted via RS Mobile

zetazeta 05-11-2013 09:54 AM

Can you at least stock their chinos? They have a sickass pair of light beige chino in the PS cut. Been hunting for it for 1 year lol.

woob 05-11-2013 04:28 PM

If you somehow manage to grab the navy apc ma-1 from this season I'll be eternally grateful. I was at the Soho store two days ago and they are sold out.
Posted via RS Mobile

Canadian Rider 05-16-2013 01:14 PM

Question. Looking to buy new fancy club jeans. Not douchebaggy but still a little more "fancy" then regulars... I hear True's and R&R's are out of style... so what are some brands I should look at? My regular jeans are usually silvers, guess, buffalo.

woob 05-16-2013 02:09 PM

I take it you don't want to go raw?

Then look at Dior Homme, Acne, Nudie.

zetazeta 05-16-2013 02:38 PM

My vote goes to Dior Hommes as well. Absolutely beautiful pre-distressed jeans. Imo... they make the best denim in terms of fit and design (pre-distressed). Very expensive though... especially in recent years with KVA took over.

Energy 05-16-2013 02:59 PM

Dior. The problem is that no one is going to know you have $300 pants on.

zetazeta 05-17-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8238887)
Dior. The problem is that no one is going to know you have $300 pants on.

I wish it was still retailing for $300. Last time I was at Leone, they had a pair for 1.1k LOL

LVR which arguably retails them for the cheapest (incl duties/shipping), sells most pre-distressed pairs for $550+. Nicer ones like jake/umc/rack-rail run upwards of $600-700.