REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

incubus 09-10-2010 03:52 PM

yeah white flood green mag and purple wrath seems to be a good mix from what i hear online and friends

m4k4v4li 09-10-2010 06:25 PM

pyramid bench press 5 sets
flat bench free weight press 3 sets
cable flys 3 sets
pushups 3 sets

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2010 07:51 PM

The only carbs I have eaten in the last few days have come from some fruit in the morning, my post-workout drinks, and I had some rice 2 times for lunch (half a cup) on my off days. And whatever else is in the food I eat naturally (veggies, the sauce I cook my chicken in, etc)

And as you can see from my log, I am still having kickass workouts, in fact the best I have ever had.

Should you eliminate all carbs from your diet when not cutting? Of course not. Should you severely limit them 365 days a year, and only get them from food that has other nutrients to offer (IE no rice, pasta, bread, candies, etc)? I think so!

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2010 07:55 PM

Did you guys see the results of CT's training program on this dude? HOLY FUCK!

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-tra...yl-gee-project

I wonder how it can be adapted for drug-free builders though.. Training 3 times a day, 6 days a week can't be possible without steroids... can it? ;)

hal0g0dv2 09-10-2010 09:24 PM

CT admits to all the ifbb using drugs, it works for sure, i did the i body builder program 6 months ago during bulk, 2 works outs a day, he does have a good system for sure, some of the stuff he talks about it deff a bit far fetched

darly glee was not using that hard 1-2 years ago and then he went hard on the juice, he will deff win the 202 class guy is stacked

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2010 09:40 PM

2x a day isn't bad at all, provided the nutrition and rest is there. But what these guys are doing I think goes a bit beyond what you could do naturally.

Still it's impressive, the guy looks like a fucken cartoon character. And he's probably more athletic than most BBers too now.

It just sucks that a lot of ignorant people will think it's due to the "protocol" or whatever they call it

hal0g0dv2 09-10-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7100021)
2x a day isn't bad at all, provided the nutrition and rest is there. But what these guys are doing I think goes a bit beyond what you could do naturally.

Still it's impressive, the guy looks like a fucken cartoon character. And he's probably more athletic than most BBers too now.

It just sucks that a lot of ignorant people will think it's due to the "protocol" or whatever they call it

o yeah that is true, he is pretty week tho like the lifts they do are pretty light i know they train 3 times per day and such but think of 99% of the other body builders are training just like every other joe, heavy and 2 body parts and such a work out and tons of rest

DaFonz 09-10-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7099485)
were did u get them ?

Trueprotein.com. I'm pretty happy with the service.

RRxtar 09-10-2010 10:33 PM

pretty good read and a decent looking program

http://www.wannabebig.com/hct12/hct-12.pdf

hal0g0dv2 09-10-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 7100053)
Trueprotein.com. I'm pretty happy with the service.

did u get the ajipure one powder

Volvo-brickster 09-10-2010 10:48 PM

Need help....

I work for the city of Coquitlam and now get to work out for free at the gym.

Score !.....NOT.

Most of the municipal gyms in Coquitlam are hurting and are meant for the recreational person.
Dumbells up to 65lbs, smith machine, a few benches and that universals, but its always busy with stupid high school kids.

I can also get a corporate rate at Good Life fitness in Burnaby for $33 a month and it's what i really want. True squat racks, dumbells up 100+ lbs and much more space and equipment

So...do i make do with what i have and use the gym for free? Or pony up the cash (and 1 year commitment ) and work out at Good Life ?

hal0g0dv2 09-10-2010 11:08 PM

pony up

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2010 04:06 AM

Another good workout! Adding to my log. I forgot today was Saturday, so going after the lunch rush actually worked against me :(

I had dumbbell work to do, but as usual that's the first place that gets packed so people can do their CURLZ~! I grabbed a couple 40's and headed to the barbell area where it was totally empty as usual.. Did my deadlifts there too (up to 110 lbs + bar for 35 reps)

keepz1 09-11-2010 09:26 AM

had a great back workout yesterday and did 4 sets of 10 chin-ups with my bodyweight and not those half ass chins i go all the way down and all the way up

that rope lat pull down exercise in that video really burns the lats its awesome

i had a question for you guys how long do you guys wait in between sets? i try i wait about a minute and go again is that to quick or too slow?

keepz1 09-11-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster (Post 7100097)
Need help....

I work for the city of Coquitlam and now get to work out for free at the gym.

Score !.....NOT.

Most of the municipal gyms in Coquitlam are hurting and are meant for the recreational person.
Dumbells up to 65lbs, smith machine, a few benches and that universals, but its always busy with stupid high school kids.

I can also get a corporate rate at Good Life fitness in Burnaby for $33 a month and it's what i really want. True squat racks, dumbells up 100+ lbs and much more space and equipment

So...do i make do with what i have and use the gym for free? Or pony up the cash (and 1 year commitment ) and work out at Good Life ?

bro its a no brainer why waste your time at a crappy gym

pay the cash it will be well worth it at the end

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepz1 (Post 7100390)
had a great back workout yesterday and did 4 sets of 10 chin-ups with my bodyweight and not those half ass chins i go all the way down and all the way up

that rope lat pull down exercise in that video really burns the lats its awesome

i had a question for you guys how long do you guys wait in between sets? i try i wait about a minute and go again is that to quick or too slow?

Depends on how many reps... 4-6 reps, I do a short rest, like 45 seconds. 6-12 reps, I rest a minute. 12-20 reps, I rest 90 seconds

AAnthony 09-11-2010 10:11 AM

^ complete opposite for me....if i've only done 4-6 reps, that means its heavy and i need my rest. (90 seconds - 2 minutes) Where as if i'm pushing out 15 reps its obviously way to easy, sometimes i don't even rest.. recently i've stated doing super setting or tri-setting, now that gets the muscles burning! For the most part keep the rests around 1 minute

hal0g0dv2 09-11-2010 10:57 AM

did shoulders and triceps yesterday, close grip and jm press have become my staple for mass on the triceps, finished with some pulls downs and no attachment on the cable and just grappled the rope and pulled back

RRxtar 09-11-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

depends on the exercise and what kind of workout im looking for. after deadlifts and squats ill usually take a little extra time to get my bearings and regroup.

remember, everyones recovery time is a little different.

lots of times when im in a high intensity workout doing staggered supersets, i wont take any more time than it takes to grab a quick drink from my waterbottle and walk to the other exercise im doing. except for maybe the last real heavy set or 2.

for example during my workout today i will be doing smith machine shoulder presses and cable rows staggered superset and i wont take any time between each exercise. and i have an idea on the time because the song i have on repeat is less than 3 minutes long and theres one specific point in the song i lift in, and its always just coming up on that part of the song when i get back to shoulders.

JSilver 09-11-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Like AAnthony said. If I'm lifting heavier with less reps and more sets I tend to rest longer from 60-90 seconds. Where as if I'm lifting lighter with more reps, I rest for about 45-60 seconds.

As some of the previous people have posted, it really depends on YOU, your workout and your goal. But keep in mind, don't go off having a 5 minute break between sets. As I see this a lot at my gym when people like to chat away with and take 25+ minutes on a bench press, etc. :rolleyes:

DC5-S 09-11-2010 02:14 PM

fucking 5 hour sleep ftl!! my body hates working night shifts.. fuck, can never get a proper sleep.. sigh

mc25 09-11-2010 05:22 PM

Im going to be reading that "wannabebig" article..tnx for the post.
Ive had a few good workouts this week, feels good to be training again. Ive started to hit up the creatine and glutamine as my post workout and taking my pre workout creatine drink too. I got so soft over the summer haha, time to whip myself back into shape.

SkinnyPupp 09-11-2010 08:39 PM

One thing that stands out to me about the HCT12 program is that it puts squats and deadlifts right after each other.. IMO they should be separated.

But everyone is different, I'm sure a lot of people do all their squats and deads on one big 'leg day'

I do agree with their nutrition advice, of don't worry about fat, just worry about protein, and take whatever level of carbs your body personally tolerates.

gabi 09-11-2010 11:38 PM

arg... anyone have to return bb.com order before?

got the wrong sz belt

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2010 01:33 AM

Yes they are good with returns, as they are with pretty much everything else
Posted via RS Mobile