REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

strykn 01-08-2012 12:44 AM

read dis
The realities of Professional Bodybuilding - Bodybuilding.com Forums
^_^

mc25 01-08-2012 12:58 AM

I think everyone should realize, and stress, that jsut because they see or read something on the internet, doesnt necessarily make it true. Take it with a grain of salt, analyze it, research it…cause everyone has different ideas and variations of what is "Right".

PS: Ill note that very minor adjustments to an exercise can change the ROM and targeted muscles…the example of those military presses being a prime example. I do mine in the front and sometimes change it to the back of my head.

kevin7352 01-08-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7753809)

interesting

SkinnyPupp 01-08-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Explains why the biggest guys at my gym have the weakest workouts (and the most bacne)
Posted via RS Mobile

MindBomber 01-08-2012 01:25 AM

You know what's a bit sad..

Even those who choose to stay natural and earn it the hard way, if they get good results, no one believes they aren't on roids. I realize many people who claim to be natural are straight liars, but still, some are legit and they'll likely never get unquestioned respect for their results. Oh well, if you're working out for your own satisfaction, it doesn't matter what others think anyway.

SkinnyPupp 01-08-2012 01:28 AM

Yeah I guess you just have to take their word on it, and hope they aren't full of shit. I don't have anything against steroids but I can't fucking stand it when people lie about it
Posted via RS Mobile

wuuhoo 01-08-2012 01:35 AM

anyone know a good place where I can check my wrist out?

Got injured 3 weeks ago and it doesnt seem like its healing. Some parts are really sore and the bones surrounding it seems to be bruised.

I cant put weight on it (heavy) so there goes majority of my chest, arms and shoulders workouts :( I cant even do a pushup without feeling the pain.

any advice? TIA

XplicitLuder 01-08-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuuhoo (Post 7753844)

Got injured 3 weeks ago and it doesnt seem like its healing. Some parts are really sore and the bones surrounding it seems to be bruised.

I cant put weight on it (heavy) so there goes majority of my chest, arms and shoulders workouts :( I cant even do a pushup without feeling the pain.

any advice? TIA

go to your doc and im sure he'll give you a recommendation to a physio/sport clinic ?

exdee 01-08-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

any advice? TIA

dislocated or fractured bone in your wrist. happened to me before but never got mine fixed and sometimes i have occasional aches when im working out. go to a doctor and get it checked out

Excelsis 01-08-2012 06:44 AM

I like how people assume that someone is on roids if they're doing some heavy movement or they're big

noobs that think getting big is impossible are those that call out on everybody

if I see some guy that looks like 250lbs I won't say he's on roids, it's not a big deal anyway

when you're using it to cheat something then it's an issue for me
Posted via RS Mobile

mc25 01-08-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

any advice? TIA

Where in your wrist? On the outter part of my wrist furthest from my body holding my hand out straight, I had it messed up but healed. Let me know if its the same area

Excelsis 01-08-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

any advice? TIA

ask your doc for a x-ray.. and how did you injure it?

XplicitLuder 01-08-2012 11:58 AM

time to hit the weights :concentrate:

Excelsis 01-08-2012 12:08 PM

polish genetics lol, glad i have some in me

hal0g0dv2 01-08-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

very true

you never seen body builders dead lift or squat ok squats yes, but mostly on smith, dead's is way to easy for them to get hurt

Excelsis 01-08-2012 12:18 PM

what about ronnie?

strykn 01-08-2012 01:08 PM

^ they all just did it for the cameras dude

civic_rice 01-08-2012 01:19 PM

on week 3 of working of my plan. been over 4 years since i stepped foot in a gym. I cant believe i didnt start this sooner. the results that I am feeling already is amazing. Already lost over an inch on my waist, feel stronger and just addicted to getting overall healthier. I started eating less. and now changing to healthier food. hope to loose 15-20lbs of fat in the next 6 months. Im not too worried about getting (big) just want to get a little more fit.

Excelsis 01-08-2012 01:23 PM

i don't understand why people are worried of getting big, if you already say you can't get big then you won't get big..

RRxtar 01-08-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7754106)
^ they all just did it for the cameras dude

granted he probably doesnt train like that everyday, you dont deadlift and squat over 800lbs and leg press 2500lbs and bench like 650 pounds because the cameras there. ronnie was freakishly strong and from what ive heard, he liked lifting weight.

but ya, most vids you see of BBers actually training, they are doing shit like front and lateral raises with 30lbs for sets of 18. they arent pushing themselves for numbers at all because they dont have to.

kevin7352 01-08-2012 02:05 PM

I think I just nailed the hang clean today

Stealthy 01-08-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7753635)
Def need triceps strength to lock out anything. And I don't mean extensions and pulldowns ;) Work on dips, go all the way down until your thumbs are hitting your chest, then go all the way up and to a shrug at the top. I think once you can add a plate to your BW dips, you should be able to lock out presses a lot easier.

Is it necessary to lockout at the top of a shoulder/military press? I find that I lose tension in the delts so I don't fully extend.

Berzerker 01-08-2012 02:27 PM

Don't have account can't read link?

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile

wuuhoo 01-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc25 (Post 7753992)
Where in your wrist? On the outter part of my wrist furthest from my body holding my hand out straight, I had it messed up but healed. Let me know if its the same area

Was yours on the Ulna bone? If so I might have something similar buts its on the Radius.

The most upper right side seems to be bruised? I really hope it isnt fractured. The tendons surrounding it is sore too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7753996)
ask your doc for a x-ray.. and how did you injure it?

I am really not sure exactly. Happened during exam time, so didnt really think of it.

I believe I slept on it. But it doesnt seem to be healing at all.

Massaging it gives me a temp relieve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvu (Post 7753883)
dislocated or fractured bone in your wrist. happened to me before but never got mine fixed and sometimes i have occasional aches when im working out. go to a doctor and get it checked out

Yeah I do get the aches. Its really annoying lol

mc25 01-08-2012 03:00 PM

Yes, it was along the ulna bone. It was most prominent right at the wrist joint, but sometimes radiated along the forearm. Mine was most likely tendinitis. Using straight bars for curls, among a few other things was causing it. I use the easy curl bar for everything now. I switched to lighter weights for a couple weeks and stopped using exercises that created stress on that area.