REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

RRxtar 01-10-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7756054)
Zane had a 28 inch waist at 200 lbs :eek:
Posted via RS Mobile

in the spirit of fairness, zane was 5'9 to the top of his hair and stood on stage at 185lbs with a 28" waist. he was tiny! but he did have one of the smallest waists of any olympian.

and dem aesthetics!

Berzerker 01-10-2012 12:02 PM

So far in 2012 I have fucking MURDERED every single workout.

When I bought 10lbs of ground beef Yesterday for the week the teller looked at me like I was crazy. I need dat der Protein bitch!

Berz out.

RRxtar 01-10-2012 12:20 PM

next time, tear your shirt off and do the brock in your avatar. bonus points if "shit just got real" pops up out of thin air.

Fcukedd 01-10-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7756169)
IKNOWHOWITFEELSBRO

i used to have it all over my god damn arms, neck, and behind my knees. i would wear turtlenecks in the summer just so people wouldnt be able to see it:heckno:

but then i just ensured after every shower i put on moisturizer all over the body. i probably began to eat better too...lots of water, fruits, veggies...all the good stuff i thought was nasty when i was younger. took me till about grade 10 to get over this.

if its on your hands wear you grip the bar, i would tough it out and wear some gloves (i know, i stopped wearing weightlifting gloves since i was in high school but bear with it)

just keep your hands moisturized at all times. if its still flaming red, use some cortizone (sp?).
one more thing, do the girls you finger bang ever complain?:troll:

....I do wear gloves because of it :okay:

chin3se604 01-10-2012 02:35 PM

going to take 1mr sample pack for my chest workout today

hopefully it helps me get through my workout without having to break

AAnthony 01-10-2012 03:56 PM

I signed up for the Golds thing today. It was $65 for 4 months
$20 + tax for 4 months
$20 + tax for swipe card thing
$20 + tax for bs "maintenance fee"

The thing is Golds doesn't have my credit card, I pay Kwantlen then Kwantlen pays them. I'm happy tho, all my friends who go there pay like $45 a month, and they're locked into contracts. And if they keep charging me after my terms done, it's simple to get out of, I just cancel my credit card.

SkinnyPupp 01-10-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7756623)
....I do wear gloves because of it :okay:

maybe try some gloves that are lined with soft material like wool?

SkinnyPupp 01-10-2012 05:42 PM

:ahwow:

MindBomber 01-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 7756727)
$20 + tax for 4 months

The thing is Golds doesn't have my credit card, I pay Kwantlen then Kwantlen pays them. I'm happy tho, all my friends who go there pay like $45 a month, and they're locked into contracts. And if they keep charging me after my terms done, it's simple to get out of, I just cancel my credit card.

How does the payment go through kwantlen, will the Golds membership appear under your account summary on mykwantlen and you just include the cost of it when paying the semsters tuition and fees?

If any company is charging a credit card without authorization change the card number, do not cancel it; canceling a card hurts your credit rating.
Posted via RS Mobile

Fcukedd 01-10-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7756873)

That was nothing to him, holy fuck!

TouringTeg 01-10-2012 06:55 PM

Did Razor 8 (half serving) again tonight for shoulders/tri/abs. Awesome. Quite the 1 hr ride. Super setting no problem and barely needed a rest between super sets.

Seated dumbbell PR 50lbsx10, 70lbsx10, 75lbx5, 75lbx5 :D Spotter to get 75s up.

maxxxboost 01-10-2012 07:12 PM

Feels good to go back to the gym after the winter break!
Gawd, nothing feels better than going back to the gym after a week or two off.

BrRsn 01-10-2012 07:23 PM

Fuck yeah. Caloric deficit and added 10 lbs to my deadlift today. Got stuck about 3/4 of the way up, did some kipping motions but I got that motherfucker up. Last week was 375, this week was 385. Gonna keep that as my PR for awhile and start doing reps of 315 before i hurt myself :accepted:

Officially signing up with SC for another year ... I've grown to love it

SkinnyPupp 01-10-2012 07:24 PM

Yeah if you have to kip deadlifts you are asking for trouble :heckno:

BrRsn 01-10-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7757047)
Yeah if you have to kip deadlifts you are asking for trouble :heckno:

Well it wasn't really a kip as much as I lowered it about 2-3 inches (like a rackpull without crash bars) and then focused all my momentum on driving my hips forward and boom! I quit after that though .. I realized any heavier and I was asking for trouble lol

I did smith rows for the first time today, and it was definitely a different burn. How wide of a grip are you guys using when you do them? I was doing 1 finger narrower than what I bench with.

DaFonz 01-10-2012 07:46 PM

Interesting article about chinese training...of course, take with a grain of salt.

All Things Gym: Chinese Weightlifting Training Methods

keepz1 01-10-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7757045)
Fuck yeah. Caloric deficit and added 10 lbs to my deadlift today. Got stuck about 3/4 of the way up, did some kipping motions but I got that motherfucker up. Last week was 375, this week was 385. Gonna keep that as my PR for awhile and start doing reps of 315 before i hurt myself :accepted:

hey dhillion what time do you usually go maybe we can workout together sometime

BlackV62K2 01-10-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 7756727)
$20 + tax for 4 months

Which Golds are you @? I'm @ the langley one.

BrRsn 01-10-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keepz1 (Post 7757084)
hey dhillion what time do you usually go maybe we can workout together sometime

Don't really have a set-time usually prefer to go late around 10-11 PM .. today I went early because I didn't have a car later on

AAnthony 01-10-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7756887)
How does the payment go through kwantlen, will the Golds membership appear under your account summary on mykwantlen and you just include the cost of it when paying the semsters tuition and fees?

If any company is charging a credit card without authorization change the card number, do not cancel it; canceling a card hurts your credit rating.
Posted via RS Mobile

I don't really know how they do it. I paid for the 4 months at Kwantlen, some little office inside the "special room". Then apparently once that payment went through I got added to the list at Golds. I just go there and show my receipt and they give me a FOB swipe key. I went about an hour ago & the guy said they're waiting on more FOB keys. I didn't even feel like working out tho, my legs are completely destroyed from squats yesterday. I'd rather shit myself then have to sit on my toilet seat again :heckno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 7757085)
Which Golds are you @? I'm @ the langley one.

I go to Langley Fitness World right meow, figure i'd try out Golds for a lil bit. Langley Steve Nash is a solid gym, which is why i'm not going to cancel my pass.

hal0g0dv2 01-10-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7757045)

i do 6 sets
2 diff grips per set, when u get to really narrow you will mostly lats

Splmash 01-10-2012 08:21 PM

Deadlifted today at the gym.

I was going for 6 sets of 6 with 335lbs.

I did the first 4 fine. Form was decent and even though I was exhausted I was able to pull 6 reps. On set 5, I was able to do 5 reps but on the 6th rep, it was bad. the chalk wasn't holding up and the barball slipped a little while I was thrusting forward/up. My lower back is tweaked now. I can walk and everything, it's just very uncomfortable.

LC21 01-10-2012 08:29 PM

Halo, how do you scratch your back? (srs)
Posted via RS Mobile

rJZx 01-10-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7756422)
in the spirit of fairness, zane was 5'9 to the top of his hair and stood on stage at 185lbs with a 28" waist. he was tiny! but he did have one of the smallest waists of any olympian.

and dem aesthetics!

If I can replicate any bodybuilders body it would have to be frank zane

strykn 01-10-2012 08:33 PM

man all the regular spotters were not at gym today only noobs, some fuck fucked up my lfit for heavy bench and something cranked in my shoulder.... man feelsFUCKING BAD RAGE#($U#*()$@*(#

my 2012 has been terrible so far emo as fuck right now