REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2016/2017 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/709217-official-2016-2017-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

6o4__boi 09-12-2016 07:55 AM

was meaning to say here

not sure if anyone saw the NA/Europe exhibition game yesterday but Sbisa's just getting walked. Early on and meaningless hockey but he's been picked apart early and often so far.

I don't even think he has a top 6 roster spot if kids like Stecher, Subban, Pedan, Juolevi have a good training camp

Tanev - Edler
Hutton - Gudbranson
Tryamkin - Larsen
Sbisa - Stecher
Subban - Pedan
Juolevi

I have high hopes for Subban/Stecher...really hope they can break out and be the decent puck moving dman they project to be

Juolevi's just in there for the sake of argument...95% sure he's headed back to OHL but if the kid plays like a stud in preseason and training camp, he warrants at least a 9 game look

i was one of the idiots who preferred Reinhart over Ekblad in their draft year but I would trade the next 3 1st round draft picks and half the farm team for this guy. Absolute stud and will be a multiple Norris winner in his career.

highfive 09-12-2016 08:25 AM

Ekblad at draft is a different player to ekblad post draft where he had willie, gudbranson, Campbell to help and develop him and show him how to be a pro.

Reinhart didn't have that luxury with the Sabres.

Jmac 09-12-2016 09:04 AM

Ekblad always had the physical and mental tools, but people were unsure how long it would take him to adapt to the pro game and their were huge question marks about his offense.

Reinhart has elite vision and hands, but his physical tools are lacking. More of a Patrick Kane type without the dynamic skating.

6o4__boi 09-13-2016 09:15 AM

per IMac Canucks to sign James Sheppard to a PTO

James Sheppard hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

other names to be released later

Liquid_o2 09-13-2016 09:23 AM

Sheppard is 28 years old and never translated into an NHL player even though he was a high round draft pick a decade ago. I guess he is destined for the farm?

originalhypa 09-13-2016 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8787343)
11 Canadians, 12 Americans

thanks for the numbers!

Team NA is exciting as hell to watch. They have so much energy and imagination. The next generation of stars are going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next few years.

:fuckyea:

pastarocket 09-13-2016 09:50 AM

Go Canada go! Beat those Czechs on Saturday!

The Americans face Team Europe on that day.

Jmac 09-13-2016 11:14 AM

Canucks signed Tuomo Ruuttu

highfive 09-13-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 8787926)
Canucks signed Tuomo Ruuttu

PTO. lol not contract.

6o4__boi 09-13-2016 11:23 AM

lol 1A in 33 games with NJD last year

...i think i'd prefer Jarko coming out of retirement and lacing up over him at this point. At least there'd be lelz

Jmac 09-13-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8787928)
PTO. lol not contract.

Oh thank god. Saw it pop up on my newsfeed as "Canucks sign F Tuomo Ruutu"

Ch28 09-13-2016 03:56 PM

Kind of sucks how Tuomo's career fell off a cliff. He was always consistently good for 40-50 points

dbaz 09-13-2016 03:58 PM

they are just filling spots so the preseason games have the req vets needed while players are at world cup. sheppard might get a ahl contract tho it would be better if we gave d'aoust an elc and let him have the ahl spot instead

kevin carr (g) also pto

Mike Oxbig 09-14-2016 12:21 PM

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/ph...24x576/cut.jpg

Ill be getting a McDavid, Crosby, Kane and maybe Price

6o4__boi 09-14-2016 01:26 PM

damn, no Sedin twins

I'm in for Price
If they had a Luongo I'd get one of those too

edit: McDavid I understand but how the fuck does Morgan Rielly get into the first wave :fulloffuck:

murd0c 09-14-2016 01:35 PM

cause Leafs fans will buy it...

6o4__boi 09-14-2016 01:43 PM

hah, i guess that's true...i'd just think they'd have someone more well known to rep the leafs but their roster is pretty thin experience-wise
...a Lou Lamouriello one would've been hilarious. I'd actually buy one.

they should've done the Sedins
people always gotta buy both and i'm pretty sure it'll sell well at least in Vancouver and BC

Liquid_o2 09-14-2016 03:46 PM

Is it just me or do these all look almost identical aside from hair color and beard/no beard

UFO 09-14-2016 09:23 PM

What were you expecting? Economies of scale bro

Nabatron 09-14-2016 11:12 PM

I wouldn't mind ruutu on the 4th line if he can still hit like he did before but he has a lot of miles in his body and is injury prone...

jeedee 09-15-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 (Post 8788323)
Is it just me or do these all look almost identical aside from hair color and beard/no beard

its an action figure dude... :lol

AzNightmare 09-15-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 (Post 8788323)

No, Stamkos and Ovie have smaller eyes too!

And where is Toews' "C"?

LsquareD 09-15-2016 04:33 PM

Brent Burns Funko Pop would be awesome with his caveman features :lol

6o4__boi 09-16-2016 10:06 AM

Some pretty entertaining reads here:

Why Your Team Sucks: Vancouver Canucks - Pension Plan Puppets

so true...also, did Nabatron write this piece (!) ?

Quote:

It all feeds into the fundamental problem with this team, which I said last year and will say in evergreen perpetuity: this team and fanbase have no identity. The franchise's uniform history is just a morbid array of paint swatches. The team's rivalries are a joke; their "big enemy du jour" is usually a team that beat them and is generally too busy actually winning something to even notice their existence. Their biggest geographical rival is a team that already has an intraprovincial rivalry with substantive history beyond a couple of first round series and an attempted murder. They obsess over a team that doesn't even play in the same conference as them to the point that they practically consider a hockey game starting at 4 PM a constitutional violation. Their only identity, in essence, is wanting everyone to pay attention to them. They're the middle child of the NHL.
Why Your Team Sucks: Boston Bruins - Pension Plan Puppets

I found this from The Province...the Bruins one was pretty funny.

Quote:

That's not the saddest part about this defense, though. The saddest part really is that he's still their best defenseman. This blueline is so terrible that a 39-year old gargoyle with the agility of Old Yeller is still the best they've got.

winson604 09-16-2016 10:06 AM

Inside look of Rogers Place.

Principe gives fans tour behind scenes at Rogers Place - Sportsnet.ca