REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

!Aznboi128 03-12-2020 06:33 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9394891.html

More worried about this.

Thinking back when Hong Kong had the whole riot thing happened a lot of businesses closed and were never able to reopen due to the lack of travelers. This is kinda similar just on a much larger scale. A lot of people have stopped their vacation plans what will happen to cruise ships and airliners? If they lay off their workforce that's a ton of people that's going to be out of a job.

hud 91gt 03-12-2020 06:53 AM

Yup.

Upside since this is a car forum, all your favourite dream vehicles will plummet in price. Toys, toys and more toys! Just need to scrounge all that cash from under your mattress as your house and anything in the market won’t be doing too well.

twdm 03-12-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 (Post 8977470)
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9394891.html

More worried about this.

Thinking back when Hong Kong had the whole riot thing happened a lot of businesses closed and were never able to reopen due to the lack of travelers. This is kinda similar just on a much larger scale. A lot of people have stopped their vacation plans what will happen to cruise ships and airliners? If they lay off their workforce that's a ton of people that's going to be out of a job.

Yep. Exactly what the panic group doesnt understand. More people are going to suffer from economic ruin than anything this virus is going to cause. I'm pretty sure more people are going to die jumping off buildings in HK than from the coronavirus. You can quote me on this.

Mr.HappySilp 03-12-2020 07:40 AM

Wife was at the gym a few days ago, saw a lady working out in plastic goggles, face mask and plastic gloves...... everyone was staring at that lady and even avoiding being near her. I am surprise that the staff didn't kick her out lol.

Anyways coz all of this outbreak I am actually scare to cough in public. As soon as I hear anyone coughing around me I would try to find out who it was......

Co worker was at Richmond bowling place with her family, her husband saw some old dude taking piss and not washing his hands, so co worker husband started yelling at the guy and telling him that's dirty.

yray 03-12-2020 07:43 AM

all the ccp members coming out of this thread

china basically the junkie with rimowa walking down hastings

whole world knows you fucked the world with bat soup

SkinnyPupp 03-12-2020 07:51 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the team tests positive eventually, along with whoever they played against in the last few weeks.

bcedhk 03-12-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxiety (Post 8977462)
What happened? You have no reason to argue with me... you don't have any case, you don't have any evidence... all you can do is hide behind your computer and fail me, that's what you do. Please do enlighten me, you don't have any case so what are you going to reason with me?

Don't like my post? Fail me even if it's right and if it makes sense.

Go hang some CD's to ward off the e-hate you will be getting.

Hondaracer 03-12-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8977475)
Wife was at the gym a few days ago, saw a lady working out in plastic goggles, face mask and plastic gloves...... everyone was staring at that lady and even avoiding being near her. I am surprise that the staff didn't kick her out lol.

Anyways coz all of this outbreak I am actually scare to cough in public. As soon as I hear anyone coughing around me I would try to find out who it was......

Co worker was at Richmond bowling place with her family, her husband saw some old dude taking piss and not washing his hands, so co worker husband started yelling at the guy and telling him that's dirty.

The husband should mind his own business. You’re at a bowling alley, no homo but I’m pretty sure the guys dick is cleaner than literally everything else in the bowling alley lol

SkinnyPupp 03-12-2020 08:23 AM

Dude posts a picture on his IG with Trump. 4 days later, he has tested positive for Covid-19

Earlier, he was dismissing the virus is a "fantasy" created by the media

I mean normally if the president dies from a pandemic that would cause an insane amount of panic but... :considered:

SkinnyPupp 03-12-2020 08:27 AM

Trudeau's wife is sick (not tested for the virus yet) so he's self-quarantining.

hud 91gt 03-12-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8977493)

Dude posts a picture on his IG with Trump. 4 days later, he has tested positive for Covid-19

Earlier, he was dismissing the virus is a "fantasy" created by the media

I mean normally if the president dies from a pandemic that would cause an insane amount of panic but... :considered:

The biggest panic would be the lack of solid twitter content. We all be stuck at home refreshed our feeds and all we would see is HuD posting stupid comments.

belka 03-12-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxiety (Post 8977457)
So all of you know for sure what you read from western media is true? And Chinese is false?

All I know is I take all of these information and process it... I don't put money on any of these theories, but one of them can be true

Fuck China, what a piece of shit Country and Culture.

quasi 03-12-2020 09:18 AM

I wonder if Fraser Health will delay turning the new ward at RCH into a mental health Unit?

You have a brand new 4 Floor Hospital with nobody in it set to be turned over in the next 30 days, it would make a good spot for turning into a medical wing to treat virus patients and you could keep them separated from the general Hospital.

Mr.HappySilp 03-12-2020 09:30 AM

Trudeau self-isolating after wife Sophie develops fever, gets tested for coronavirus
https://globalnews.ca/news/6666482/j...n-coronavirus/

Digitalis 03-12-2020 09:41 AM

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=7714
Nope it wasn't made in an north american university nor was it sold by obama to china in 2015.
Take a few dozen extra vac shots just to be extra safe.:fuckyea:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8977460)
No. I'm just suggesting that you should stop making it overly complicated than it should. It's the law of parsimony. The simplest solution is most likely the right one.

Yes, you are right... until more concrete data comes out, we should be open to other ideas. However, when going to the extreme, you are just overly wrapped in conspiracy theory.

All the current evidence point to Wuhan. Every early case discovered in China and other countries can only point to a single common place, and that's Wuhan or the Hubei province. To claim that it could come from elsewhere, it's at the same level as those parents who don't vaccine their kids because it might give their kids autism or other side effects, when every other evidence points to the contrary.

Sentinel 03-12-2020 09:45 AM

NHL suspends the rest of the season.

eclipseman 03-12-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 8977512)
NHL suspends the rest of the season.

Was looking forward to tonight's game too...

UnknownJinX 03-12-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8977499)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

OK, this comment is just blatant racism.

I have watched videos that can discuss this kind of issue without being racist, but unfortunately many racist people use them to fuel their racist view and ruin these videos. This is exactly like how some Chinese people ruin our reputation.

Every country and culture has bad apples, doesn't mean you blame the entire country and culture on them.

Mr.HappySilp 03-12-2020 10:00 AM

For those look to buy facial mask wal mart online have them in stock now.

mikemhg 03-12-2020 10:34 AM

How has this clown not ever received any infractions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8977499)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

Akinari 03-12-2020 10:52 AM

Can we stop feeding the CCP trolls already lol

68style 03-12-2020 10:55 AM

Surprised nobody has posted the "TRUDEAU IS THE REAL VIRUS" meme in here FailFish

Fucking internet....

68style 03-12-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 8977472)
Yup.

Upside since this is a car forum, all your favourite dream vehicles will plummet in price. Toys, toys and more toys! Just need to scrounge all that cash from under your mattress as your house and anything in the market won’t be doing too well.

This... gonna wipe out so many people by the time its all said and done.

I already see it in the bringatrailer comments "I was going to bid on this but my 401K just turned into a .401K"... starts as jokes, but the reality isn't one.

belka 03-12-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8977516)
OK, this comment is just blatant racism.

I have watched videos that can discuss this kind of issue without being racist, but unfortunately many racist people use them to fuel their racist view and ruin these videos. This is exactly like how some Chinese people ruin our reputation.

Every country and culture has bad apples, doesn't mean you blame the entire country and culture on them.

China isn't a race and calling out a culture for their stupid beliefs when it impacts the global population isn't racism.

vexor 03-12-2020 11:33 AM

Vancouver auto show is postponed
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9pORlTH7D3/