REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:24 PM   #901
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah it's really disingenuous to label that as bait lmfao
I must have skimmed over that comment. I don't condone it or any of the personal insults and insinuated physical intimidation and violence littered throughout this thread and others on here.
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #902
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Antifa rioters violently attacking people, burning, and destroying the city day after day?
So I guess your pro fascist? How many people has Antifa killed?
Old 08-01-2020, 09:03 PM   #903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
We have just one admitted troll in our midst in Manic. On top of that he agrees with and participates in cancel culture and doxxing. Just hope he doesn't target anyone here someday. Yet people here still give him the time of day.
So let me get this straight you are afraid of people online knowing who you are in real life? Seriously?
Old 08-01-2020, 09:15 PM   #904

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah it's really disingenuous to label that as bait lmfao
Not sure if trolling...

But I was referring to the insanity of the quote, which was to give handout to black people no question asked. As long as they are black... that's all it matters.

The insanity of some BLM proponent is the same logic. If you are not saying something pro-BLM, then it's racist, trolling or downright fucked up.

Where is the logic? Insanity is a mental state of irrationality. And in both cases above... I fail to see any rationale in them. For them, there's only ONE voice. If you are going to doubt, to question or to just simply debate about that voice... you are racist, trolling or downright fucked up.

I'm sorry... that's the state of BLM, regardless of region right now. If you are pro-BLM... then anything goes... if you are going to question about it, however slightly, you are bashed to hell.

The only explanation I can reasonably conclude is very simple, given all the information we have, they can't allow different voices... much like the CCP in China. Because given enough disturbance, the whole thing can come crashing down. Therefore to avoid that to happen, they have to silence any and all comments contrary to what they say.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #905
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Not sure if trolling...

But I was referring to the insanity of the quote, which was to give handout to black people no question asked. As long as they are black... that's all it matters.

The insanity of some BLM proponent is the same logic. If you are not saying something pro-BLM, then it's racist, trolling or downright fucked up.

Where is the logic? Insanity is a mental state of irrationality. And in both cases above... I fail to see any rationale in them. For them, there's only ONE voice. If you are going to doubt, to question or to just simply debate about that voice... you are racist, trolling or downright fucked up.

I'm sorry... that's the state of BLM, regardless of region right now. If you are pro-BLM... then anything goes... if you are going to question about it, however slightly, you are bashed to hell.

The only explanation I can reasonably conclude is very simple, given all the information we have, they can't allow different voices... much like the CCP in China. Because given enough disturbance, the whole thing can come crashing down. Therefore to avoid that to happen, they have to silence any and all comments contrary to what they say.
You hit the nail on the head.

I think the "if you're not with us, you're against us" attitude is due to the high stakes currently in play. There's an election in November and they're trying to do everything they can to get as much hype around their narrative. Any narrative that criticizes the current message is seen as an attack no matter how much reason and logic is used. Any criticism is considered pro-Trump. Watch Terry Crews on CNN as a great example.

Although it's an election in the US, the whole world is watching as evidenced by BLM protests here but also all over Europe - this is definitely strange. How were they able to organize so many protests in so many cities? Where's the funding coming from? Who is George Soros? Doesn't matter. All that matters is the narrative.

Also, I totally understand why most people here won't criticize BLM in any way. This forum is filled with people who have been active for over a decade, many active for almost 2 decades. I'm certain many people have met up in person. You're not going to risk the reputation you built up over all these years and risk being called a racist because even if it's not true, you can't defend yourself. There's too much risk in speaking the truth because the truth is currently the enemy. There's also been social currency built over time and any criticism of BLM will force you out of the group. There's safety in groups.
birddog3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #906

Have to ask people on the right do blue lives matter or are the police corrupt?

Old 08-04-2020, 06:58 AM   #907
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog3k View Post
Although it's an election in the US, the whole world is watching as evidenced by BLM protests here but also all over Europe - this is definitely strange. How were they able to organize so many protests in so many cities? Where's the funding coming from? Who is George Soros? Doesn't matter. All that matters is the narrative.
CiC is that you?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #908
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,850 Times in 8,212 Posts
I like how people being protested against only think protests happen when there's "funding" and not just the fact that people are fed up with shit and are moving up from speaking out about it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I like how people being protested against only think protests happen when there's "funding" and not just the fact that people are fed up with shit and are moving up from speaking out about it.
Is being able to get some freebies a valid reason?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #910
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,639 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I know Joe Rogan is a trigger to some people but his podcast with Brett Weinstein is quite good analyzing some of these points regarding BLM coming from an academic point of view

His main problem with BLM is that it’s a headless/Leaderless movement essentially which is only addressing really superficial wounds as opposed to the main underlying problems which could make create actual change. In the same discussion he also goes fairly in depth into his opinion as to why defunding the police is the wrong way to approach things but something obviously has to be done in terms of restructuring etc.
BLM is headless and leaderless for a reason. Want to know why?

2 reasons.

The last leader of a major black movement was killed.

Secondly, we live in the world of cancel culture, where your history can be forensically analyzed to which you can be discredited to whatever means or goal. It's a method that's been used in countless times in order to destroy the leader of a movement.

BLM's whole mentality is to avoid that problem by keeping the movement leaderless, thus avoiding any discrediting of the objective in mind.

It's actually quite smart.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #911

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head.

I think the "if you're not with us, you're against us" attitude is due to the high stakes currently in play. There's an election in November and they're trying to do everything they can to get as much hype around their narrative. Any narrative that criticizes the current message is seen as an attack no matter how much reason and logic is used. Any criticism is considered pro-Trump. Watch Terry Crews on CNN as a great example.

Also, I totally understand why most people here won't criticize BLM in any way. This forum is filled with people who have been active for over a decade, many active for almost 2 decades. I'm certain many people have met up in person. You're not going to risk the reputation you built up over all these years and risk being called a racist because even if it's not true, you can't defend yourself. There's too much risk in speaking the truth because the truth is currently the enemy. There's also been social currency built over time and any criticism of BLM will force you out of the group. There's safety in groups.
George Soros? Oh god.

Guess you believe in QAnon too?

You like to come in here and ask a question, I answer it, and you ignore it. I've asked you numerous questions in which you continue to ignore as well.

So let me pose a question to you, what do you propose to this issue?

Clearly there is a major problem here that has galvanized hundreds of thousands of people throughout the country, and world for that matter.

So what do you propose? Business as usual? What would be an eventual outcome that you would agree with whether policy or action wise? BLM isn't going away, nor is this movement. You do realize when putting forth change, you aim for the stars, but only get the moon.

Demands are meant to push the boundaries in order to come to some proverbial middle ground.

So what do you propose? I'm all ears.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:18 PM   #912
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
I wasn't going to weigh in on this thread because the amount of virtue-signalling and posters putting words and thoughts in to others mouths/heads to do so is absolutely gross. However...

Ref the subject of BLM - I see a lot of problems with this organization. And I mean the ORGANIZATION, not the statement that the lives of visible minorities matter. BLM has a lot of explaining to do in regards to where the millions of dollars of donations are going. They have released no financials and are deflective and intentionally vague about it. By their own account on their website under Resource Reports they released a fluff piece on their four year anniversary detailing the work they've done. A report now three years out of date details exactly ZERO specific financials and their actions and campaigns have added up to organizing marches and illegally occupying police stations, city halls, and park encampments. Oh and they paid bail money to get some imprisoned black mothers out of jail. You can read it for yourself here: https://blacklivesmatter.com/resource-category/reports

As far as I can see nowhere does it state they've used the millions of dollars they've been raising for 7+ years now to subsidize childcare in their communities, nowhere does BLM claim to have assisted children, teens, or young adults with education costs, nowhere has BLM donated to or opened a food bank in a neighbourhood that's struggling. In fact BLM doesn't appear to or even claim on their own behalf to be doing anything of intrinsic value for their brick and mortar communities at all!

Black Lives Matter does have a Managing Director, her name is Kailee Scales. During a Reddit AMA when people were grilling her on what BLM was actually doing with the money she responded with "Right now, our programs are focused on civic engagement, expansion of chapters, Arts & Culture, organizing and digital advocacy resources and tools." That's a nice way of saying they're professional political activists and protestors. BLM has repeatedly ignored requests for financial information from accredited news outlets.

And for an organization that's doing all this anti-racism work where is the accountability for racism in their own ranks? Toronto BLM Chapter Co-Founder has made repeated brutally racist statements such as "white ppl are recessive genetic defects. this is factual". Don't believe me? Google her: Yusra Khogali. She's just one of many in the BLM organization that are preaching more hate not unity.

So I'm all for equality, peaceful protest, and raising awareness against racism, but Black Lives Matter the organization doesn't have my support. I hope and wish people would think critically about what these organizations are really doing.

EDIT - Should add that if they've done the things I've listed and I haven't seen it then that's great and I'm supportive. I didn't scour the deepest corners of the internet looking for evidence of it. You'd think if they had, it would be in their own websites literature or those pesky financial statement things.

Last edited by JD¹³; 08-05-2020 at 02:27 PM.
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 PM   #913

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
BLM is headless and leaderless for a reason. Want to know why?

2 reasons.

The last leader of a major black movement was killed.

Secondly, we live in the world of cancel culture, where your history can be forensically analyzed to which you can be discredited to whatever means or goal. It's a method that's been used in countless times in order to destroy the leader of a movement.

BLM's whole mentality is to avoid that problem by keeping the movement leaderless, thus avoiding any discrediting of the objective in mind.

It's actually quite smart.
What about actually caring for black lives?

Why isn't BLM addressing the major source of black homicide? Easy... because it doesn't fit the narratives of white vs. black. The vast majority of black homicide are... you guess it... by black. You can't inflict HATE when the narrative is against your own people.

Why do donations to BLM turn into funding for Democrats instead of going to programs or entities that actually provide some form of care to the black community? Easy, BLM is a POLITICAL movement that its sole purpose was to prompt a sensitive group (toward "racism") to support a party disguised as a "cause".

What has Democrats done to the black community? If you go back and read, most of laws that basically suppress the black people (tough on crime? subsidy to "SINGLE" moms... etc) are drafted by Democrats. The 194 tough on crime law was partially penned by BIDEN himself.

BLM doesn't CARE about black people. They are just trying to sustain a narrative that can push voters toward Dems. If suddenly BLM supporters turn Republican, you'd see that Dems wouldn't want ANYTHING to do with BLM.

BLM claims that they are fighting for the RACIAL injustice. The fact is, THEY are the racist. See their proposals... everything is about do this for black, give that to black... they have ZERO interest in solving racism. All they care about is to propose something borderline BRIBE to the black community so that black voters can vote for the party they want them to vote.

I've said many times before and I'd say it again... don't just read... question about it... dig deep into it. Ask yourself WHY are they doing it this way and WHY not the other way. Only then draw your own conclusion.

The saddest part I feel for people supporting BLM is that they are being used as puppets or pawns... and they don't know it. Many of them TRULY believe that they are making the of society better... when in fact, they are just another piece in the political power fight game.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #914

JD13 you just proved my point why BLM does not try to carry a singular leader. A tweet can complete de-legitimize an entire movement. The person you're mentioning was touting an esoteric view in regards to melanin totals (or lack there of) in relation to empathy. It's the same theory Nick Cannon was recently cancelled for.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...star-1.3529105

This is exactly how it goes, a tweet or comment is pulled from a person within a movement, and the entire movement is then attempted to be destroyed.

She posted that in 2016, and she's a young woman, we've all said stupid crap in our lives, that does not mean the entire movement is false, that's absolutely ridiculous.

You also mention where the money is going, another dog whistle. Why is it when a black organization is put together, Conservatives like yourself want to know where each penny is going? Do you ever inquire where each dollar is placed with the Canadian Cancer Society, UNICEF, or the myriad of other organizations out there that accept donations? I completely agree with accountability on a financial basis, but why is your ire only pointed at BLM?

You are a professed Conservative Party supporter, you still support them as a party, yet you seem to have no issue with Andrew Sheer using campaign dollars to spend on his children's schooling, among other items.

You're a gun guy, do you ask where NRA donations are going? Do you support the NRA?

There is no evidence to support that BLM has spent money on paying protesters, that is a tired right-wing argument that has been used for years here. In fact that very theory has been fact checked, as it was also alleged that donations simply go to the DNC:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/do...ont-go-to-dnc/

You do realize these are all age old tactics and attempts to remove validity from the organization and movement. Do I know where BLM donations are going entirely? No. Have I donated to BLM? I have not. The issue you are raising is really the economic issue with charities and non-profit organization writ large, they are generally administrative black-holes, that tend to grow so large in structure that the majority of funds end up being siphoned to run the organization itself. This is nothing new.

I don't see anyone virtue signaling in this thread, that's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Most posts here have been well-thought and articulately written by folks involved, it appears to me that these posters legitimately care about the cause, or why would we be posting to 37 pages on this very subject?

Black Lives Matter is a statement, it's an idea, that's what this thread was originally discussing, and not the financial structure of the numerous organizations that have been amassed together to push various causes.

If that's the case, we'd find fault in every charity or organized movement under the sun here.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #915

Quote:
What about actually caring for black lives?

Why isn't BLM addressing the major source of black homicide? Easy... because it doesn't fit the narratives of white vs. black. The vast majority of black homicide are... you guess it... by black. You can't inflict HATE when the narrative is against your own people.

Why do donations to BLM turn into funding for Democrats instead of going to programs or entities that actually provide some form of care to the black community? Easy, BLM is a POLITICAL movement that its sole purpose was to prompt a sensitive group (toward "racism") to support a party disguised as a "cause".

What has Democrats done to the black community? If you go back and read, most of laws that basically suppress the black people (tough on crime? subsidy to "SINGLE" moms... etc) are drafted by Democrats. The 194 tough on crime law was partially penned by BIDEN himself.

BLM doesn't CARE about black people. They are just trying to sustain a narrative that can push voters toward Dems. If suddenly BLM supporters turn Republican, you'd see that Dems wouldn't want ANYTHING to do with BLM.

BLM claims that they are fighting for the RACIAL injustice. The fact is, THEY are the racist. See their proposals... everything is about do this for black, give that to black... they have ZERO interest in solving racism. All they care about is to propose something borderline BRIBE to the black community so that black voters can vote for the party they want them to vote.

I've said many times before and I'd say it again... don't just read... question about it... dig deep into it. Ask yourself WHY are they doing it this way and WHY not the other way. Only then draw your own conclusion.

The saddest part I feel for people supporting BLM is that they are being used as puppets or pawns... and they don't know it. Many of them TRULY believe that they are making the of society better... when in fact, they are just another piece in the political power fight game.
You're repeating yourself again, and I've answered your questions.

Whites commit crimes against Whites, Blacks commit crimes against Blacks, Hispanics commit crimes against Hispanics. Your point being?

We need to address the economic issues affecting these communities which will thus address such violence and crime. You parroted the same argument about marriage in which I provided you a long list of statistics that support the idea that a lack of the family nucleus is an economic issue that affects ALL poor communities, not just blacks.

You mention electing politicians, I just posted an article that fact checks that very claim.

Guess what Hehe, EVERYTHING is political. The NRA spends it funds to elect pro-gun politicians, every organized political movement uses its funds to elect politicians. You can't hate the player, hate the game then.

Do you know how much it costs to run a campaign in the US nowadays? PAC money comes into every State from all sides in order to decide elections down to the city council level nowadays. Why wouldn't BLM use their funds to support and elect politicians and law makers that will push their agenda? That would be completely obtuse to think otherwise.

How are laws and policies changed? Politicians. Why would you not utilize funds to support the campaign of a politician that will enact your desired goals?

With your stories about yourself you claim to be an intelligent person, yet you seem to lack the basic understanding of how politics and policy even works in the first place.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #916
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
George Soros? Oh god.

Guess you believe in QAnon too?

You like to come in here and ask a question, I answer it, and you ignore it. I've asked you numerous questions in which you continue to ignore as well.

So let me pose a question to you, what do you propose to this issue?

Clearly there is a major problem here that has galvanized hundreds of thousands of people throughout the country, and world for that matter.

So what do you propose? Business as usual? What would be an eventual outcome that you would agree with whether policy or action wise? BLM isn't going away, nor is this movement. You do realize when putting forth change, you aim for the stars, but only get the moon.

Demands are meant to push the boundaries in order to come to some proverbial middle ground.

So what do you propose? I'm all ears.
I don’t “believe” anything. I just think it’s fishy that he donates to so many causes yet his intentions are always clouded.

If I recall correctly, you said "accountability". I don't disagree with that. And I don't know which questions you're asking about - ask again.

I also agree that there is clearly there is a problem in society but I vehemently disagree with any of the BLM proposed solutions. I don’t agree with any policies that benefit one group over another because of racial ethnicity. It’s racism.

As for solutions, we have to first agree on a set of principles to operate by.

IMO:
1. Every single issue needs to be examined objectively. Lived experience and emotion are subject to enormous biases.
2. Individual liberty has to take precedence over group identity.
3. We as people have to find something to unite us. Previously it was the flag but now the flag is demonized. I'm not sure what can take it's place but there needs to be something.

As for specific solutions:
- Decriminalization of drugs
- Re-examine social welfare
- Re-think education

That's a start.

Quote:
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.'

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #917

Quote:
I don’t “believe” anything. I just think it’s fishy that he donates to so many causes yet his intentions are always clouded.

If I recall correctly, you said "accountability". I don't disagree with that. And I don't know which questions you're asking about - ask again.

I also agree that there is clearly there is a problem in society but I vehemently disagree with any of the BLM proposed solutions. I don’t agree with any policies that benefit one group over another because of racial ethnicity. It’s racism.

As for solutions, we have to first agree on a set of principles to operate by.

IMO:
1. Every single issue needs to be examined objectively. Lived experience and emotion are subject to enormous biases.
3. We as people have to find something to unite us. Previously it was the flag but now the flag is demonized. I'm not sure what can take it's place but there needs to be something.

As for specific solutions:
- Re-think education

That's a start.
That's quite a simplistic set of objectives, but alright.

We have objectively examined this issue, police violence and incarceration statistics are all there, on every level if you are black, you are more likely to be killed by police, or imprisoned. These are not anecdotal observations, they are statistical facts, so I'm unsure what you mean here? Care to elaborate?

I'm finding this vague, please elaborate more on this. That's a simple concept on paper, but if we carried such a mentality, how would we ever address any issue that affects a certain demographic of people?

How can we be united when we have individuals that won't even be on side to recognize a clear juxtaposition of rights and treatment to a large demographic of people? When have we ever been unified under one flag? People can't even agree to unify under the Stars and Stripes as opposed to the Confederate Flag

- Re-think education

We can very much agree on these points, funny enough, each of those points are a major part of BLM's stated agenda.

That's why I find it interesting you're against them, you literally mentioned three of their main objectives here.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #918
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
That's quite a simplistic set of objectives, but alright.

We have objectively examined this issue, police violence and incarceration statistics are all there, on every level if you are black, you are more likely to be killed by police, or imprisoned. These are not anecdotal observations, they are statistical facts, so I'm unsure what you mean here? Care to elaborate?

I'm finding this vague, please elaborate more on this. That's a simple concept on paper, but if we carried such a mentality, how would we ever address any issue that affects a certain demographic of people?

How can we be united when we have individuals that won't even be on side to recognize a clear juxtaposition of rights and treatment to a large demographic of people? When have we ever been unified under one flag? People can't even agree to unify under the Stars and Stripes as opposed to the Confederate Flag

- Re-think education

We can very much agree on these points, funny enough, each of those points are a major part of BLM's stated agenda.

That's why I find it interesting you're against them, you literally mentioned three of their main objectives here.
1. Yes, you are more likely to be killed or imprisoned if you're black. Why are black people suffering this?
a) Because cops are racist towards black people
b) We need to dig deeper.

If you go with option a you get "defund the police", no further questions.
If you go with option b you might ask what societal factors lead to higher incarceration rates? How can be slice the data? You dig deeper and maybe it's a combination of a lack of police training, shitty schools in predominantly black neighbourhoods, the welfare state incentivizing shitty behavior, etc.

2. The government should not have any policies that benefit minorities or women or anything like that. No special privileges based on the color of your skin or your gender. Of course in a private company, you should be able to do whatever you want. Let's say you're a school accepting people for a medical program. You select a worse performing minority to fulfill your quota. What happens is that the general public will get worse medical treatment over time, over 100s of people selected because you selected poorer performing people.

3. We have to live together in society and it would be beneficial for everyone if we lived together in harmony. A divide will lead to things like civil wars down the line.

I'm against BLM because of the approach taken. Re-examine social welfare means look at the data and come to conclusions, preferably scale back on welfare, not increase it. Same with education. As for decriminalizing drugs, I think it's usually wrong in principle to put people in jail for non-violent crimes.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #919

Quote:
You're repeating yourself again, and I've answered your questions.

Whites commit crimes against Whites, Blacks commit crimes against Blacks, Hispanics commit crimes against Hispanics. Your point being?

We need to address the economic issues affecting these communities which will thus address such violence and crime. You parroted the same argument about marriage in which I provided you a long list of statistics that support the idea that a lack of the family nucleus is an economic issue that affects ALL poor communities, not just blacks.

You mention electing politicians, I just posted an article that fact checks that very claim.

Guess what Hehe, EVERYTHING is political. The NRA spends it funds to elect pro-gun politicians, every organized political movement uses its funds to elect politicians. You can't hate the player, hate the game then.

Do you know how much it costs to run a campaign in the US nowadays? PAC money comes into every State from all sides in order to decide elections down to the city council level nowadays. Why wouldn't BLM use their funds to support and elect politicians and law makers that will push their agenda? That would be completely obtuse to think otherwise.

How are laws and policies changed? Politicians. Why would you not utilize funds to support the campaign of a politician that will enact your desired goals?

With your stories about yourself you claim to be an intelligent person, yet you seem to lack the basic understanding of how politics and policy even works in the first place.
You are generalizing way too much and believing on vague arguments by BLM supporters when these question comes up WITHOUT digging through it. You just TAKE everything they say because they are the group you support and you trust them blindly.

You are missing the QUESTION completely. Why is it that the crime rate among black population so high? And why doesn't BLM QUESTION or try to ADDRESS them by proposing something... heck... anything for that matter. Nop... it's the crime of WHITE on BLACK what matters.

According to US DOJ stat, African American accounts for over HALF of all homicides in the US while accounting only a tad over 13% of the population. When all violent crimes are considered, African American accounts for almost 38% while again, being only a tad over 13% of population.

Please don't come up with the argument that black are predominantly in stats because they are targetted. If you dug deeper into stats, regardless of white dominant or black dominant area (both in population and police force)... similar trend follows.

The question is not about whether we have a racial problem. Of course we do... but the real question is what are we, BLM or whoever doing to solve the problem.

BLM is NOT interested in solving the real problem black community faces. They are just generating a narrative to win votes, to inflict hate and to SEPARATE the society. You are NOT doing a favor to the black community by supporting BLM... because not only are they NOT interested in solving the problem... they try to silence and attack anyone who is really trying to get to the core of the problem... because they can no longer continue their narrative when REAL solutions... or at least what paves the way to a solution are presented.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #920

Quote:
1. Yes, you are more likely to be killed or imprisoned if you're black. Why are black people suffering this?
a) Because cops are racist towards black people
b) We need to dig deeper.

If you go with option a you get "defund the police", no further questions.
If you go with option b you might ask what societal factors lead to higher incarceration rates? How can be slice the data? You dig deeper and maybe it's a combination of a lack of police training, shitty schools in predominantly black neighbourhoods, the welfare state incentivizing shitty behavior, etc.

2. The government should not have any policies that benefit minorities or women or anything like that. No special privileges based on the color of your skin or your gender. Of course in a private company, you should be able to do whatever you want. Let's say you're a school accepting people for a medical program. You select a worse performing minority to fulfill your quota. What happens is that the general public will get worse medical treatment over time, over 100s of people selected because you selected poorer performing people.

3. We have to live together in society and it would be beneficial for everyone if we lived together in harmony. A divide will lead to things like civil wars down the line.

I'm against BLM because of the approach taken. Re-examine social welfare means look at the data and come to conclusions, preferably scale back on welfare, not increase it. Same with education. As for decriminalizing drugs, I think it's usually wrong in principle to put people in jail for non-violent crimes.

You just described exactly how the US has been ran since its inception in relation to its white anglo-saxon population. A system in design to benefit a specific portion of demographic. There are tons of examples of this, but let's just put one forward here, the GI Bill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa..._the_G.I._Bill

Black veterans came back to a country where even though they fought in the same war as their white counterparts, they did not benefit from the legislated enactments by their own government. Isn't that the very basic idea of placating to a certain group of people?

If we know that historically that has been the case, is it not logical to correct those disadvantages, or address them in some way or another? I simply don't understand the lack of getting that concept.

You are putting forth ideas (which is fine), yet at the same time completely ignoring history entirely, along with the policies conducted as such.

One cannot correct the current, without addressing the past. How that is successfully done is another question here, I feel as though I am simply repeating myself in this thread.

You are acting as though these issues were created in a vacuum in which all sides are starting at a neutral position, this is simply not the case here. That to me is the major barrier here when we have this discussion, and the US on this subject entirely. The US and much of its population has not been able to reconcile with its past, and to acknowledge the problems its created, until then, we will continue to argue in circles with little to no progress.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #921

Quote:
You are generalizing way too much and believing on vague arguments by BLM supporters when these question comes up WITHOUT digging through it. You just TAKE everything they say because they are the group you support and you trust them blindly.

You are missing the QUESTION completely. Why is it that the crime rate among black population so high? And why doesn't BLM QUESTION or try to ADDRESS them by proposing something... heck... anything for that matter. Nop... it's the crime of WHITE on BLACK what matters.

According to US DOJ stat, African American accounts for over HALF of all homicides in the US while accounting only a tad over 13% of the population. When all violent crimes are considered, African American accounts for almost 38% while again, being only a tad over 13% of population.

Please don't come up with the argument that black are predominantly in stats because they are targetted. If you dug deeper into stats, regardless of white dominant or black dominant area (both in population and police force)... similar trend follows.

The question is not about whether we have a racial problem. Of course we do... but the real question is what are we, BLM or whoever doing to solve the problem.

BLM is NOT interested in solving the real problem black community faces. They are just generating a narrative to win votes, to inflict hate and to SEPARATE the society. You are NOT doing a favor to the black community by supporting BLM... because not only are they NOT interested in solving the problem... they try to silence and attack anyone who is really trying to get to the core of the problem... because they can no longer continue their narrative when REAL solutions... or at least what paves the way to a solution are presented.
Once again you're just repeating yourself, making false equivalencies, and generally not understanding this discussion. I'm not entirely sure if this is a language issue or what.

With all due disrespect Hehe, and I've said this before. Based on your comments about black people in general, you've shown a pure dis-contempt for my race, and I think you need to sit down and reconcile that within yourself at some point.

Your support for the Hong Kong protesters against the CCP merely confirms that bias to me. It seems that you are much more inclined to support the movement of your own homogeneous people, rather than that a group different from yourself. You should reflect on that more.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #922

You keep saying I’m repeating myself when you fail to address my question. What the fuck is BLM doing that you support them?

You are a black person trying to eradicate racism against black. I applaud you for that.

But where I have beef is with BLM. I read about stuff, I dig into them to find unbiased information and draws my conclusions. BLM is a fucking scam. They use black peoples fear and sensitivity on racism to support hate. The very thing they do much despise about.

And you know why there isn’t anyone you can name in BLM as their potential leader? Because none of them want to be held as the figure.

When one truly believes in something, one is willing to protect them with life. Like many figures in HK protest. They know by putting themselves out, they run the risk of repercussions from the CCP. But they do it anyway.

BLM is leaderless and figureless not as a strategy to protect them, but because no one believes it enough with their life.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:22 PM   #923

Quote:
You keep saying I’m repeating myself when you fail to address my question. What the fuck is BLM doing that you support them?

You are a black person trying to eradicate racism against black. I applaud you for that.

But where I have beef is with BLM. I read about stuff, I dig into them to find unbiased information and draws my conclusions. BLM is a fucking scam. They use black peoples fear and sensitivity on racism to support hate. The very thing they do much despise about.

And you know why there isn’t anyone you can name in BLM as their potential leader? Because none of them want to be held as the figure.

When one truly believes in something, one is willing to protect them with life. Like many figures in HK protest. They know by putting themselves out, they run the risk of repercussions from the CCP. But they do it anyway.

BLM is leaderless and figureless not as a strategy to protect them, but because no one believes it enough with their life.
I know one of the people who put together the BLM protests in Nanaimo. The guy has worked at Costco for 15 plus years and is no trying to scam anyone. I have to ask you who are the leaders from United we roll, yellow vesters, old stock Canadians, Canada proud, ladies of odin and the proud girls.

https://canadaproud.org/ claims they have raised 100's of thousands of dollars but don't list any members or leaders. doing a whois search gets you nothing because they are hiding who owns the site.

https://who.is/whois/canadaproud.org

Registrar Info
Name
GoDaddy.com, LLC
Whois Server
whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL
http://www.godaddy.com
Status
clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Important Dates
Expires On
2020-10-25
Registered On
2018-10-25
Updated On
2018-10-25
Name Servers
NS897.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
NS898.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM

https://www.facebook.com/OldStockCDN/ This site is under development

Website is down but the facebook page is still active. Again all registrar info is hidden and who knows where they get there funding and who is the person in charge. They do have some great posts.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #924
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,850 Times in 8,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I can actually picture what the voice of the person saying that out loud would be... He sounds kind of like a mix of Peter Griffin from Family Guy with the "which way did he go" guy from Bugs Bunny

Also, I see Trudeau memes on facebook every day and I think this is the first time one has used the correct "their"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-05-2020, 08:32 PM   #925

I've already said... many people who are in BLM TRULY believe they are making a progress. And those are good people. Just like mikemhg, I believe he's an awesome guy who is really trying to make a difference.

The problem is that I believe their direction... the direction that BLM are leading them to is the wrong direction. It doesn't address fundamental causes that are harming the black community and are mostly just BRIBE. They disguise it as "reparation" in order to gain support and continue their narrative.

And the worst part of BLM is that they link people as the follow: pro-BLM=non-racist, progressive and liberal thinking and con-BLM=racist, fucked up conservative and just downright a disgusting person who has no compassion whatsoever.

This is the very same strategy that CCP use with Chinese. Most Chinese I know are fine. They are generally nice folks. But CCP wants them to believe that, if they talk shit about CCP, it's the same thing as talking shit about Chinese, when they are 2 different things. One is a political party, the other are people.

BLM want most to believe that people who talk shit or even just questioning about them are racists or far right maniacs... and people who want to be non-racist MUST support BLM... when they are 2 completely separate thing.

All I'm asking is to keep your mind open... you can support whatever cause you want. But PLEASE don't ever confuse what BLM want to do vs. what you want to do. They have a very different agenda than what most BLM supporters have.