REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #976
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,639 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Simple... my idea is that regardless of who wins the election. BLM would become irrelevant after US election because it's nothing but a political tool.

Neither Dems nor Reps would pass any law to address the BLM movement after the election.

So, if by this time next year, 08/24/2021, no law addressing the BLM becomes law, I win. If there is, I lose.

$100 to a charity of choice under the other's name.

Or if you want to make it a year after the election, works for me too.
Well considering BLM was formed in 2013, back when a Democrat (Obama) was president, I'll take that bet.

BLM will not go away by next year, count me in on that 100%. Like I said, I don't think you understand BLM's goal and agenda, this isn't a Federal movement, the movement is primarily centered around local and state elections.

Bet accepted, mark that down.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
And Cannon Hinnant, a 5 year old boy, was killed simply on the basis of him riding his bike in a black mans yard.
Shot point blank execution style in front of his sisters.
I know it wasn't 75 years ago or anything. Just two weeks. But maybe in three quarters of a century people will use his death as an excuse to loot, riot, burn, and commit violence.
Continue to parrot the garbage you watch on Fox News, you're a troll and one day I'll meet you and we can chat face to face.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#31f0fa595b67

"The shooting death of a 5-year-old North Carolina boy in his front yard on August 9 has since erupted into a political argument over how the media covers race and crime, with conservative commentators on Fox News and other outlets criticizing the media for ignoring the fact that the boy was white and the suspect Black, though many national news outlets did in fact cover the killing, which both police and the boy's parents say they don’t believe was racially motivated."

Your arguments are so simple and rudimentary. You take one video, or one story, and then decide to extrapolate that example as the entire basis, your analysis never holds weight.

I'm glad there's a large number of white folks that aren't as closed minded to the legacy of history as you are.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2020, 11:24 AM   #978
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
George Floyd's death wasn't racially motivated either. That didn't stop the media from making race the central organizing feature.
Yet they couldn't disprove race as a factor in Hinnants death soon enough.

Minimized and negated when it happens to a white person. exploited and emphasized when it's the other way around.
I don't think you could create a better environment for hostility and division.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-25-2020 at 11:30 AM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #979

Let me repeat, have you educated yourself on the history of policing in the US?

When has George Floyd's death been proven to not be racially motivated?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9655181.html
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/24/us/po...ort/index.html
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...w-enforcement/

There are countless examples of white supremacists involved in police departments throughout the country. There are a myriad of statistics that support the simple fact of this disproportional treatment within the legal system of blacks as opposed to whites. How much evidence do you require in order to understand this?

As Manic! said, I thought you guys support Castle Law? The shooting you're referencing wasn't done by a police officer or a person of authority, so how does that have any relation to the subject of this thread? You continue to cherry pick to suit your silly little arguments, you are clearly being incredulous, as usual.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:56 PM   #980

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Well considering BLM was formed in 2013, back when a Democrat (Obama) was president, I'll take that bet.

BLM will not go away by next year, count me in on that 100%. Like I said, I don't think you understand BLM's goal and agenda, this isn't a Federal movement, the movement is primarily centered around local and state elections.

Bet accepted, mark that down.
I'm saying that BLM doesn't CARE about black people.

All it's doing is about triggering hate so that they can manipulate the black votes.

They don't push for reforms. They don't push for bills/laws that helps the black community.

You want to take a bet, and let's set it.

Same terms that I posted for Manic.

Quote:
Simple... my idea is that regardless of who wins the election. BLM would become irrelevant after US election because it's nothing but a political tool.

Neither Dems nor Reps would pass any law to address the BLM movement after the election.

So, if by this time next year, 08/24/2021, no law addressing the BLM becomes law, I win. If there is, I lose.

$100 to a charity of choice under the other's name.

Or if you want to make it a year after the election, works for me too.
It's not meant to inflict any financial pain or anything. That's why I set it at $100 for charity. Just so that you guys can see what EXACTLY BLM is doing for the black community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
you said BLM will die down after the election. I bet you are wrong and will continue for years. Many people will still protest after the election no matter who is president. I get you BLM will still be relevant and will still be protesting after the election.

I have already one money from honda and given welfare a 6-month ban. But what good did that do he still kept posting fails. Let's do something different.
I didn't say that it will die down. I said it'd become irrelevant as neither Dems nor Reps would give a fuck about BLM after the election. You can propose something more objective, I'm all ears. And really... it's only $100. A fill-up on your R8 is more than that. Can we stop being so anal about the terms? What's the point of setting up something with a higher probability of winning?

In fact, the odds are already in your favor as polls showing Biden's lead. And I'm sure if Biden and Dems cares enough about BLM, it'd be one of the first bills Dems push through after the election.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #981
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
I'm saying that BLM doesn't CARE about black people.

All it's doing is about triggering hate so that they can manipulate the black votes.

They don't push for reforms. They don't push for bills/laws that helps the black community.

You want to take a bet, and let's set it.

Same terms that I posted for Manic.

It's not meant to inflict any financial pain or anything. That's why I set it at $100 for charity. Just so that you guys can see what EXACTLY BLM is doing for the black community.

I didn't say that it will die down. I said it'd become irrelevant as neither Dems nor Reps would give a fuck about BLM after the election. You can propose something more objective, I'm all ears. And really... it's only $100. A fill-up on your R8 is more than that. Can we stop being so anal about the terms? What's the point of setting up something with a higher probability of winning?

In fact, the odds are already in your favor as polls showing Biden's lead. And I'm sure if Biden and Dems cares enough about BLM, it'd be one of the first bills Dems push through after the election.
I don't care about the money. $100 means nothing for me or probable you. A number of laws have already changed at different levels of government. trump has even done some criminal justice reform. This movement will not die down and changes will happen.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #982

Really? Someone told them the family was growing weed so they smash the doors and use flashbangs.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #983

Quote:
I don't care about the money. $100 means nothing for me or probable you. A number of laws have already changed at different levels of government. trump has even done some criminal justice reform. This movement will not die down and changes will happen.
When? In another 4yrs just before the next election?
Old 08-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #984
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
I predict moving goal posts for this bet after the election.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2020, 03:51 PM   #985

Quote:
When? In another 4yrs just before the next election?
BLM started in 2013. As long as piece of shit racists exist it's not going to end.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #986

Quote:
BLM started in 2013. As long as piece of shit racists exist it's not going to end.
So... 2013... when Obama was still in power. Enlight me what had Obama, its administration and the Dems do about it?

I will tell you what they did: acknowledgment. Saying that... oh yeah, it's a real problem... blah blah blah... and what was done? Nothing. Obama & Co just threw money at them suggesting "helping those in need in America", when it's nothing but to keep those people's mouth shut.

What has Trump and the Reps done during this administration?

Here... this is a note written in 2019 before the whole craze of BLM and Covid started.

https://www.toledoblade.com/opinion/...es/20191108098

You can ignore everything and just focus on one thing "opportunity zone". I know this first hand because I invest in commercial RE in US, so I can tell you with confidence that it makes a huge difference.

Areas that were once a dump that didn't make sense to invest in, now makes a strong argument for investment.

This includes MANY... I repeat... MANY black-dominating area/communities. You can look it up. I'm not making this up.

This brought works, area gentrification, generate economic activities... to these black people living in those areas.

That's how you lift people out of poverty... not keep throwing spare change money at them and call them "benefits", force company to hire black people based on "equality". That's feeling pitty for them, not trying to help.

------------------

So many here in this thread, as well as in the Trump thread are blaming everything on Trump and the Reps. I get it. Trump is fucking dumb when it comes to deal with some serious issues, like how to contain Covid. But give credit when it's due.

People are furious... so they are looking someone or something to blame. They feel that their misery in life, be it work, school... everything is because the bad decision of someone else.
Before you frame it all on the politics, Trumps... etc. Take an objective view on what everyone have actually done and decide who's really to blame.

If it wasn't for China's CCP fucked up and coverup, would the Covid be less serious now?
If it wasn't for WHO's continuos attempt to play down this virus, would we have still have a normal life?

Just prior the Covid19, we had record low unemployment in both US and Canada... and no one said anything about it. They just focused on the dumb stuff Trump did. And suddenly, everyone is in a shithole.
Oh, and just so happen everyone is blaming Trump, let's do that too.

Just like anything bad happening in Canada it's on JT. And yet somehow when JT does something... anything right, no one seem to care.

We live in an era where information is easily obtainable, but at the same time, too many fighting for attention. Thus, too often the narrative or the headline is more important than the truth itself.

Last edited by Hehe; 08-25-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #987
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,700 Posts
George Floyd protests in America

-saw this Facebook post on group The original funny Trump memes” about the 17 year old teen who shot people during the Wisconsin BLM protests.

The evil look in that kid’s eyes. Illinois State resident goes to Wisconsin to shoot African Americans.

Somebody posted the Kid’s address on that Facebook post too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #988
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
So... 2013... when Obama was still in power. Enlight me what had Obama, its administration and the Dems do about it?

I will tell you what they did: acknowledgment. Saying that... oh yeah, it's a real problem... blah blah blah... and what was done? Nothing. Obama & Co just threw money at them suggesting "helping those in need in America", when it's nothing but to keep those people's mouth shut.

What has Trump and the Reps done during this administration?

Here... this is a note written in 2019 before the whole craze of BLM and Covid started.

https://www.toledoblade.com/opinion/...es/20191108098

You can ignore everything and just focus on one thing "opportunity zone". I know this first hand because I invest in commercial RE in US, so I can tell you with confidence that it makes a huge difference.

Areas that were once a dump that didn't make sense to invest in, now makes a strong argument for investment.

This includes MANY... I repeat... MANY black-dominating area/communities. You can look it up. I'm not making this up.

This brought works, area gentrification, generate economic activities... to these black people living in those areas.

That's how you lift people out of poverty... not keep throwing spare change money at them and call them "benefits", force company to hire black people based on "equality". That's feeling pitty for them, not trying to help.

------------------
Gentirification is usually follow by displacement of the original inhabitant. Since you are an investor in US real estate (I assume you are just an investor and not someone that actually resides in the neighborhood). How do you know that the original inhabitant actually benefits? How many of those poor black american living in the area being gentrify are actual home owner?

Who is truly benefiting from a raising property prices in an ex slum? The slumlord or the unfornately renter that have no choice but to live in the ghetto to begin with, precisely due to its low rent price? Where do those people go now that they can no longer afford rent in their previous resident?

This is speaking from a position of priviledge where one already own asset. AKA you as the real estate investor. Any development is great, it improves the ares, raise the economy. All things you can tangibly measure with stats and numbers. What you can't measure is the plight of those that doesn't get records on any official numbers. You know the truly improvish and an under priviledge are doesn't show up in official statistic, Its too poor to even file a tax report and hence does not show in official data and a measurable unit.

One of the big criticism of Trump is his reliance on cherry picking statistic to support his view. For some one with an economic background, this isn't hard to do. What is harder and require empathical thinking is gauging what these numbers have missed.

Gentrification is a neat magic trick. But it isn't a inclusive solution, more akin to sweeping all the dust under the couch and calling it gone instead of vaccuming it up.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-saw this Facebook post on group The original funny Trump memes” about the 17 year old teen who shot people during the Wisconsin BLM protests.

The evil look in that kid’s eyes. Illinois State resident goes to Wisconsin to shoot African Americans.

Somebody posted the Kid’s address on that Facebook post too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like little Kyle also participated in a program for youth interested in joing law enforcement.

I'm so tired of the gas lighting. This is the type of people who are joining law enforcement. White, angry, suburban kids that want to treat the world like the Call of Duty game they play on a daily basis. People who think it makes sense to shoot indiscriminately into a group of protesters. Notice how young Kyle was "arrested" rather than being shot in the back or head?

Fascinating how that works.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #990

But antifa.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #991

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Looks like little Kyle also participated in a program for youth interested in joing law enforcement.

I'm so tired of the gas lighting. This is the type of people who are joining law enforcement. White, angry, suburban kids that want to treat the world like the Call of Duty game they play on a daily basis. People who think it makes sense to shoot indiscriminately into a group of protesters. Notice how young Kyle was "arrested" rather than being shot in the back or head?

Fascinating how that works.

He was swarmed then chased by a mob. Looks like he shot in self defense.
The cops didn't shoot him because he calmly walked up to them with his gun down and hands in the air.
Who in their right mind chases a guy with an ar, wielding skateboards, and doesn't expect to get shot?

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #992

Quote:
The cops didn't shoot him because he calmly walked up to them with his gun down and hands in the air.
Who in their right mind chases a guy with an ar, wielding skateboards, and doesn't expect to get shot?

https://youtu.be/iqZ-aS7Qzk4
He was being chased because he shot someone first. What the fk is a 17-year-old doing on the street with an assault rifle at night?
Old 08-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #993

NBA players have decided to boycott. All 3 NBA playoff games today are canceled.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #994
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,470 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:

https://youtu.be/iqZ-aS7Qzk4
he shot someone in the head first before he was jumped. the others weren't going to randomly attack a guy wielding a gun that didn't do anything.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #995
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,470 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
He was being chased because he shot someone first. What the fk is a 17-year-old doing on the street with an assault rifle at night?
he's literally not even from the state, he drove several hours to get there.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #996
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
Every comment on that video is in support of him lol..
Old 08-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #997
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
Quote:
From the Canadian lens... we would think WTF ...

Depending on the state (eg// Idaho, Kansas ..26 states)... "Nothing is wrong... he is entitled to exercise this rights in the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution to carry, even without a permit and / or in a holster."

It's how you/me/citizens see things from diff angle. No diff than people in Singapore with mind blown when they come over seeing *ahem me / us / people openly smoking weed; DTES injection sites..

I did find it hilarious when he yelled "medicccccc, I need a medic" it's not Call of Duty...
Call 911 ... ambulanceeeeee
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
From the Canadian lens... we would think WTF ...

Depending on the state (eg// Idaho, Kansas ..26 states)... "Nothing is wrong... he is entitled to exercise this rights in the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution to carry, even without a permit and / or in a holster."

It's how you/me/citizens see things from diff angle. No diff than people in Singapore with mind blown when they come over seeing *ahem me / us / people openly smoking weed; DTES injection sites..

I did find it hilarious when he yelled "medicccccc, I need a medic" it's not Call of Duty...
1. There where police and medics already there.

2. If the kid was black do you think the police would just let him walk around with a gun? the cops even gave him a bottle of water before the shooting.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #999
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
17-year old drives from out of state with an AR-15 to shoot unarmed protesters? How is this any different from the multitude of school shooters over the years? Jesus Christ the US is in full parody mode now.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #1000
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

WTF, I didn't find anything hilarious in that video.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote