REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #951
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,775 Times in 914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Cop claimed Masai Ujiri pushed him first and was suing him for 70K because he got injured and had emotional damage. This video shows the cop pushed him first 2 times. I hope Masai sues his ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOot8BWJG0
He counter sued lol
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:33 AM   #952
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Not a cop in sight as the protests of peace carry on in Portland

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #953
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Not a cop in sight as the protests of peace carry on in Portland

https://youtu.be/ZS7li8Hiuas
They're getting exactly what they wanted.

Police are bad, defund them, fire them all and lets "protest" to stick it to them and show them enough is enough.

Let them burn their city to the ground and then let them all call for the cops only to realize that they won't be coming. These protesters are the ones who will be paying for it through their taxes. Who do they think is going to pay for the city owned buildings they've destroyed, cars they've vandalized, fences they've knocked down etc etc??

Cops are only useful to people when they're in need of them.
They're damned if the do and damned if they don't. It's a tough and stressful career but somebody's got to do it. I'd like to see any one of those people do better.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:36 AM   #954
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

For these civilian shot footages, why don't they just upload the unedited version? We are only getting snippets, lots of information/dialogue missing...
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #955
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,772 Posts
Much of the above a teenage idiots with nothing to do, acting like complete fools. This is much akin to the rioting we watched in Vancouver back in 2011.

That should have no relation to "BLM" or the movement itself.

To say that would be the same as blaming the Vancouver Canucks, or hockey itself for the riots and damage that happened here in Vancouver.

The majority of people do not condone or buy into attacking random people on the street, in fact in that video, you see a lot of people helping out, and providing medical attention.

You will find young idiots in every city looking for an excuse to run wild, to unleash their teenage angst. If anything that should be a telltale sign of where our society has now come.

I don't see how that carries any relation to the political movement and issues we're trying to address via BLM.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #956

I agree that much of carnage that is unfolding is not the intent of the political movement BLM is trying to address, but nonetheless BLM gave these idiots a platform to work on.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #957

How so, please elaborate?

The protests in Portland initially were very peaceful, it wasn't until the Federales moved in that things escalated.

As usual, people online cannot decipher the nuances that are involved in these protests. BLM, and much of the people who are joining these protests are not a homogeneous group of people, they are not a monolith, you have people from varying different political ideologies all under one umbrella here.

There are BLM folks, Anarchists, Libertarians, hooligans, lefties, anti-government, LGBTQ, all essentially being lumped together.

I think what a lot of what you're seeing here is once again, teenage angst. It's summer time right now, it's comfortable to be outside, what do kids do in the summer? They congregate, and often times get into shit. Why should that be attached to BLM? Seem to me that's a very convenient way to undermine a very legitimate movement with a very credible stance and reasoning behind its ideology.

Once again by that logic, the NHL and Vancouver Canucks should be at fault for providing a "platform" in which to elicit a riot within a city.

That makes zero sense.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #958

I meant that many people are using the disguise of "BLM" to invoke carnage in Portland (and other places). So essentially agreeing that this group is not a monolith.

The riot in Vancouver was the platform for shitheels to destroy the city and harm others. There was no political movement to hide behind, it was just a pure instance of everyone making collectively bad choices in life.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #959

Ahh I see what you mean here now, then yes, we do agree.

Honda, I think you thought he meant something else, given your like
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post

Cops are only useful to people when they're in need of them.
They're damned if the do and damned if they don't. It's a tough and stressful career but somebody's got to do it. I'd like to see any one of those people do better.
And there are less and less stock as recruitment numbers now plummet from an already steady decline.
It's a major reason you'd see cops with dozens of complaints still fully active.
Who in their right mind would aspire to enter a career at this level of hostility that's now become mainstream?
And as unyielding a job as it now is for your average officer, just imagine the aggravation faced by the 'house negro'.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #961

Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,192 Posts
It's not just that.

There's a disproportion about the tolerance of racism. Appearantly, if it's against a white person, a sorry would do. When it's against a black person, the hell breaks loose.

Look at what just happened at NBA. Montrezl Harrell called Luka Doncic "Bitch ass white boy". He apologized, Doncic accepted and that's it. Doncic's own statement:

"It was OK. No worries,” Doncic said. “A lot of emotions on the court, especially with the playoffs. Sometimes you say things you don’t want to say. He apologized. I respect that. So no problems.”

Imagine if today it's Doncic who called Harrell "bitch ass black boy". That might mark the end of a career for him.

Where's the fucking equality on this? Why do black people get the most attention and reaction when it comes to racism, while others, who suffer no less discrimination in their respective environment (NBA is predominantly black) get lil to no attention?

If you are going to tell me, there's no other motive other than seeking "equality"...
Old 08-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #962
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,431 Times in 3,488 Posts
Quote:
And there are less and less stock as recruitment numbers now plummet from an already steady decline.
It's a major reason you'd see cops with dozens of complaints still fully active.
Who in their right mind would aspire to enter a career at this level of hostility that's now become mainstream?
And as unyielding a job as it now is for your average officer, just imagine the aggravation faced by the 'house negro'.
https://youtu.be/DO9y56_S6iQ
Or it could be no one wants the job because it pays like shit.

How much does a Police Officer make in the United States?

The average salary for a police officer is $54,232 per year in the United States.

https://www.indeed.com/career/police-officer/salaries

If they paid better they would get better recruits and more of them.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #963

Quote:
Or it could be no one wants the job because it pays like shit.

How much does a Police Officer make in the United States?

The average salary for a police officer is $54,232 per year in the United States.

https://www.indeed.com/career/police-officer/salaries

If they paid better they would get better recruits and more of them.
Look who's connecting the dots
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-23-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #964

Quote:
Look who's connecting the dots
So you are saying there are a bunch of shitty cops you support.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #965

Quote:
So you are saying there are a bunch of shitty cops you support.
Amazing
-Norm Franz
Old 08-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #966

We'll continue to argue, and I'll continue to cite stories for your better knowledge on this subject.

Let's talk about the story of Willie James. Willie was a 15 year old living in Florida in the 1940's. He was the only child of a black couple living in that town, during Jim Crow. That year in 1944 he was extremely excited during Christmas, as he was able to get himself a job at the General Store in that town, which was considered quite the accomplishment for a black person in that said Jim Crow law era.

He was so excited as Christmas approached, he decided to give out cards to his fellow co-workers, including a card to a crush of his who also worked at the store (she was a white girl). His card was as follows:

"Dear Friend,

Just a few line[s] to let you hear from me [.] I am well an[d] hope you are the same. This is what I said on that [C]hristmas card. From W. J. H. With L. [love] I hope you will understand what I mean. That is what I said[.] [N]ow please don’t get angry with me because you can never tell what may get in some body[.] I did not put it in there my self. God did[.] I can't help what he does[,] can I[?] I know you don’t think much of our kind of people but we don’t hate you all[.] [W]e want to be your all friends but you want let us [.] [P]lease don't let any body see this[.] I hope I haven't made you [mad.] [I]f I did tell me about it an[d] I will [forget] about it. I wish this was [a] northern state[.] I guess you call me fresh. Write an[d] tell me what you think of me[,] good or bad. Sincerely yours, with, [sic]
From Y.K.W.
Fo[r] Cynthia Goff
I love your name. I love your voice, for a S.H. [sweetheart] you are my choice"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi...e_James_Howard

The girl then gave that card to her father, who was the then Postmaster, and former state legislator. Upon viewing that letter, her father amassed a posse of men, who showed up to Willie's home, kidnapped the boy, along with his father. They beat the boy in front of his father, then subsequently through him into the river, to which he drowned to his death.

A 15 year old boy was killed simply on the basis of him sending a loving letter to a white girl at his work. This was in 1944, my mother was born in 1944. There are family members that are alive from this very time frame today.

For you welfare and Hehe to be so cavalier and callous in your opinions to the intrinsic plight that people are going through in the States, is still mind boggling to me. I truly don't understand how you cannot fathom how such deep prejudices can carry forward within governmental systems, families, and societal norms.

I will continue to shake my head at the both of you.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
We'll continue to argue, and I'll continue to cite stories for your better knowledge on this subject.

Let's talk about the story of Willie James. Willie was a 15 year old living in Florida in the 1940's. He was the only child of a black couple living in that town, during Jim Crow. That year in 1944 he was extremely excited during Christmas, as he was able to get himself a job at the General Store in that town, which was considered quite the accomplishment for a black person in that said Jim Crow law era.

He was so excited as Christmas approached, he decided to give out cards to his fellow co-workers, including a card to a crush of his who also worked at the store (she was a white girl). His card was as follows:

"Dear Friend,

Just a few line[s] to let you hear from me [.] I am well an[d] hope you are the same. This is what I said on that [C]hristmas card. From W. J. H. With L. [love] I hope you will understand what I mean. That is what I said[.] [N]ow please don’t get angry with me because you can never tell what may get in some body[.] I did not put it in there my self. God did[.] I can't help what he does[,] can I[?] I know you don’t think much of our kind of people but we don’t hate you all[.] [W]e want to be your all friends but you want let us [.] [P]lease don't let any body see this[.] I hope I haven't made you [mad.] [I]f I did tell me about it an[d] I will [forget] about it. I wish this was [a] northern state[.] I guess you call me fresh. Write an[d] tell me what you think of me[,] good or bad. Sincerely yours, with, [sic]
From Y.K.W.
Fo[r] Cynthia Goff
I love your name. I love your voice, for a S.H. [sweetheart] you are my choice"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi...e_James_Howard

The girl then gave that card to her father, who was the then Postmaster, and former state legislator. Upon viewing that letter, her father amassed a posse of men, who showed up to Willie's home, kidnapped the boy, along with his father. They beat the boy in front of his father, then subsequently through him into the river, to which he drowned to his death.

A 15 year old boy was killed simply on the basis of him sending a loving letter to a white girl at his work. This was in 1944, my mother was born in 1944. There are family members that are alive from this very time frame today.

For you welfare and Hehe to be so cavalier and callous in your opinions to the intrinsic plight that people are going through in the States, is still mind boggling to me. I truly don't understand how you cannot fathom how such deep prejudices can carry forward within governmental systems, families, and societal norms.

I will continue to shake my head at the both of you.
And you continue to ignore what we are saying.

So, this black boy got killed because he wrote a love letter to a white girl.

And this justifies the whole BLM?! Why don't you climb out of your cave and read a bit about Asian discrimination, First Nation discrimination, and discrimination of other kind?

I'm NOT saying racism toward black doesn't matter. I'm saying racism toward ANYONE matters. And if you really THINK about why and what they are doing, it's because the Black community is especially sensible to "racism", which allow certain "party" of interest to push the agenda to where they want and influence the vote.

Wanna take a bet? This whole BLM thing would die down this time next year regardless who wins the election in the US. Why? Because they, the people behind BLM don't give a flying fuck about what is right. All they care is using the BLM as a way to shift votes. And this very topic would come back again roughly 4yrs from now.

If they end up passing ANY BLM related legislation at federal level before this time next year, I'd donate $100 to a charity of your choice under your name and if you lose, you do the same to my choice.

I just got tired of people getting caught up in this political manipulations. And I feel sad for you. I truly am. I think you are an awesome and easygoing guy that look after not just for the black community, but community as a whole. They, the people behind BLM, are using your sympathy and empathy for political gains. You mean all for the best, while they don't.

And you can't back down now... because as they said... if you ain't supporting BLM, you are racist. And I'm sure you clearly aren't one.

"Too young, too simple. Sometimes naive" - Zemin Jiang
Old 08-24-2020, 05:41 PM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post

Wanna take a bet? This whole BLM thing would die down this time next year regardless who wins the election in the US. Why? Because they, the people behind BLM don't give a flying fuck about what is right. All they care is using the BLM as a way to shift votes. And this very topic would come back again roughly 4yrs from now.
Did someone say bet?

i'm in.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #969

Quote:
Did someone say bet?

i'm in.
We are on.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:49 PM   #970

Quote:
We are on.
So what are the rules and what are the stakes?
Old 08-24-2020, 10:51 PM   #971

Quote:
So what are the rules and what are the stakes?
Simple... my idea is that regardless of who wins the election. BLM would become irrelevant after US election because it's nothing but a political tool.

Neither Dems nor Reps would pass any law to address the BLM movement after the election.

So, if by this time next year, 08/24/2021, no law addressing the BLM becomes law, I win. If there is, I lose.

$100 to a charity of choice under the other's name.

Or if you want to make it a year after the election, works for me too.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:37 AM   #972

Quote:
Simple... my idea is that regardless of who wins the election. BLM would become irrelevant after US election because it's nothing but a political tool.

Neither Dems nor Reps would pass any law to address the BLM movement after the election.

So, if by this time next year, 08/24/2021, no law addressing the BLM becomes law, I win. If there is, I lose.

$100 to a charity of choice under the other's name.

Or if you want to make it a year after the election, works for me too.
you said BLM will die down after the election. I bet you are wrong and will continue for years. Many people will still protest after the election no matter who is president. I get you BLM will still be relevant and will still be protesting after the election.

I have already one money from honda and given welfare a 6-month ban. But what good did that do he still kept posting fails. Let's do something different.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:59 AM   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

And Cannon Hinnant, a 5 year old boy, was killed simply on the basis of him riding his bike in a black mans yard.
Shot point blank execution style in front of his sisters.
I know it wasn't 75 years ago or anything. Just two weeks. But maybe in three quarters of a century people will use his death as an excuse to loot, riot, burn, and commit violence.
-Norm Franz
Old 08-25-2020, 07:39 AM   #974

Quote:
Many people will still protest after the election no matter who is president. I get you BLM will still be relevant and will still be protesting after the election.
This is subjective as without a doubt there will be people protesting BLM for generations. The relevance of the BLM is also subjective.

I think the bet should be made on an objective nature, i.e. a bill being passed, or else it will lead to an argument on the basis of 'many people' and 'relevant' mean to each party.

Just my 0.02
Old 08-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #975

Quote:
And Cannon Hinnant, a 5 year old boy, was killed simply on the basis of him riding his bike in a black mans yard.
Shot point blank execution style in front of his sisters.
I know it wasn't 75 years ago or anything. Just two weeks. But maybe in three quarters of a century people will use his death as an excuse to loot, riot, burn, and commit violence.
I thought you believed in castle laws.

FYI they guy who killed the 5-year-old has already been charged. The people who lynched Willie James Howard never spent a day in jail.