REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

gdoh 08-15-2014 12:39 PM

does anyone here do squats and deadlifts on the same day? i've always done legs then wait at least two days and do deadlifts with back day. can someone explain why or why not to do them on the same day. thanks

L0uie69 08-15-2014 02:22 PM

i do them on the same day, dont see why not

320icar 08-15-2014 03:13 PM

Depends how hard you go I suppose. I usually did ( in a 5 day program) day 1 back, day 2 chest, day 3 legs/forearms, day 4 shoulders, day 5 arms. So at least there is that break in between the deads / squats. After leg day they are usually sore for a few days after so id pencil in deads before the squats.

Gdoh, amazinf avatar btw

hal0g0dv2 08-15-2014 04:13 PM

do them on the same day dont matter

Sid Vicious 08-16-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8517106)
does anyone here do squats and deadlifts on the same day? i've always done legs then wait at least two days and do deadlifts with back day. can someone explain why or why not to do them on the same day. thanks

really depends on your programming

but id say alternate heavy and light, so go heavy on squat light/speed on deadlift, then switch etc

hal0g0dv2 08-16-2014 07:00 PM

and i thought my 140's for 8 was good jesus

XplicitLuder 08-16-2014 07:17 PM

wow its been a good 1yr + since i posted on here probably lol Anyways been back at the gym now coming up to a month i think? def lost A TON of strength. I jus twanted to get healthy again so ye lol i got a quick question regarding squats. I cant do normal squats very well so i put a bench behind me to kinda sit on it when i go down. Do i have to sit on it, or is the proper way to hover just above it and then go back up. What i been doing is sitting down and then basically going straight back up. But without using the force of a bounce from the bench to help. Just doing my best to go down, sit, then use my legs to go straight back up

instantneedles 08-16-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XplicitLuder (Post 8517555)
wow its been a good 1yr + since i posted on here probably lol Anyways been back at the gym now coming up to a month i think? def lost A TON of strength. I jus twanted to get healthy again so ye lol i got a quick question regarding squats. I cant do normal squats very well so i put a bench behind me to kinda sit on it when i go down. Do i have to sit on it, or is the proper way to hover just above it and then go back up. What i been doing is sitting down and then basically going straight back up. But without using the force of a bounce from the bench to help. Just doing my best to go down, sit, then use my legs to go straight back up

lol shit man it's been awhile. u still at goodlife?

anyway, i think box squats become a crutch in a way that it prevents any sort of core activation in the hole which is exactly what you want and to perform a complex movement like the squat without any sort of core activation would be risky. it's meant for seasoned lifters that have trained for at least a year or so and are able to squat with good core activation, to allow them to improve explosiveness out of the hole

I tell people to start of with exercises like wall sits, leg press, maybe lunges, etc. exercises that don't require too much core strength, but still allow you to train your lower body.

my take on it

gdoh 08-17-2014 10:13 PM

is there a good app for keeping track of your lifts? or am i better off with a pen and note pad

OriginalJC 08-18-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8517976)
is there a good app for keeping track of your lifts? or am i better off with a pen and note pad

I use this:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stro...464254577?mt=8

Clean and simple.

Sid Vicious 08-18-2014 08:32 PM

thanks to cunninglinguist i was able to fix my low bar rack position. now my wrists dont feel like theyre gonna explode, this workout was easy peasy felt like 225 the whole workout

XplicitLuder 08-19-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8517573)
lol shit man it's been awhile. u still at goodlife?

anyway, i think box squats become a crutch in a way that it prevents any sort of core activation in the hole which is exactly what you want and to perform a complex movement like the squat without any sort of core activation would be risky. it's meant for seasoned lifters that have trained for at least a year or so and are able to squat with good core activation, to allow them to improve explosiveness out of the hole

I tell people to start of with exercises like wall sits, leg press, maybe lunges, etc. exercises that don't require too much core strength, but still allow you to train your lower body.

my take on it

That sounds like great advice thanks bud! And no I'm at club16 in bby. More crowded and stuff but I can justify it for 15$ instead of 65$ lol

instantneedles 08-19-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8518403)
thanks to cunninglinguist i was able to fix my low bar rack position. now my wrists dont feel like theyre gonna explode, this workout was easy peasy felt like 225 the whole workout
405 5x5 back squat - YouTube

Holy shit that control.. Mirin' hard

Sid Vicious 08-20-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8518729)
Holy shit that control.. Mirin' hard

thanks man,

huge gainz lately running my version of the conjugate method!

instantneedles 08-20-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8519114)
thanks man,

huge gainz lately running my version of the conjugate method!

btw no homo but your pecs are hypertrophyzing :gayfight:

gdoh 08-20-2014 09:48 PM

does anyone have any advice for getting the upper chest to grow. that is one of my hardest parts to gain size on. my strength for upper chest is going up but almost no change in size

instantneedles 08-20-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 8519292)
does anyone have any advice for getting the upper chest to grow. that is one of my hardest parts to gain size on. my strength for upper chest is going up but almost no change in size

patience

TouringTeg 08-21-2014 04:17 PM

Halo was that you at Juan de fuca today?

Guy in a white nike singlet and shorts benched 315 for plenty of reps like it was nothing. Ignored a request from a guy who offered to spot. Then proceeded to do tricep dips with a 120lb db on a belt. Yes I was mirin and so was most of the gym. Alpha as fuark

triplexcel 08-22-2014 01:45 AM

which gym is that?

triplexcel 08-22-2014 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8518403)
405 5x5 back squat - YouTube

which gym is that?

hal0g0dv2 08-22-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouringTeg (Post 8519564)
Halo was that you at Juan de fuca today?

Guy in a white nike singlet and shorts benched 315 for plenty of reps like it was nothing. Ignored a request from a guy who offered to spot. Then proceeded to do tricep dips with a 120lb db on a belt. Yes I was mirin and so was most of the gym. Alpha as fuark

no i would be doing 4 plates for reps

Sid Vicious 08-22-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplexcel (Post 8519760)
which gym is that?

pr strength club in richmond

The_Situation 08-22-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8519293)
patience

bs. this guy throws on 3 plates on the bench after a month of lifting. hes got a chest of peace too. stop hiding your secrets

thegentleman 08-23-2014 12:37 PM

What are your guys' recommendations for wrist straps/gloves?

I'm having a hard time doing heavy deadlifts and presses due to eczema on my palms. Cuts, peeled skin, sores..etc.. Don't worry I always wipe down equipment after use.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

Sid Vicious 08-24-2014 09:46 PM

see a dermatologist imo, hell help you out and prescribe something.

anyone looking for an easy and simple way to program your squats for big gainz check this out
Squatting Big - Juggernaut Training Systems - Juggernaut Training Systems

i base my training around those principles, and should be good for a mid 500 squat fairly soon