REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

OriginalJC 08-25-2014 01:20 PM

Failed 335lb bench today :failed:

For those that test their 1rm, what are your ramp up sets like?
Ego failed me today, I just went 185 x 10, 225 x 5, 335 x .5 lol...

hal0g0dv2 08-25-2014 01:37 PM

when i do singles i usually only do 1 to 3 reps the more reps i do i always get tired. so like when i go over 455 ish i do 1 plate 5 reps 2 plates 5 reps and after that its always singles of 1 or 3 , 3 plates 3 reps, 4 plate 1 rep and then i will so from there

hal0g0dv2 08-25-2014 01:39 PM

hey sid, did u buy your nike lifting shoes off rogue and are they worth it i think you have said it before you love them just making sure before i buy them, they are 170 right now and they have size 14 thanks

Sid Vicious 08-25-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8521027)
hey sid, did u buy your nike lifting shoes off rogue and are they worth it i think you have said it before you love them just making sure before i buy them, they are 170 right now and they have size 14 thanks

I bought mine from fitness town and they are 100% worth it

320icar 08-27-2014 01:08 PM

Question about macronutrients:

Finally injuries are fading away and gym is back. Watching what I eat again and counting macro's. I have a question about carbs and sugar. I find it hard to believe that my body can't tell the difference from carbs from bread vs carbs from a spoonful of sugar. Anyone with some bro knowledge on this? I assume the logical thing to do would get healthier carbs like fibre and stuff an only try to take in natural sugars from fruits etc?

Right now I'm supposed to be getting 144g protein, 50g fat and 217g carbs daily

Okami 08-28-2014 10:57 PM

So I started the 5x5 back in May. Started squatting with just the bar. Had to drop the weight a few times due to music festivals and just to perfect form and make sure I go past parallel, but today I finally squatted my own weight 5x5 (130lb). It seems like its getting easier as the weights increase since form is good now too. Nothing compared to you guys, and I'm still pinner as fuck :fuckthatshit:, but its a start I've never lifted or been this heavy in my life.

Thanks for being an inspiration and sharing tips.

Sid Vicious 08-29-2014 02:35 PM

once you get your form down you'll be amazed at what your body is capable of. just start light, and try adding weight every week or 2 weeks.

instantneedles 08-30-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8521964)
Question about macronutrients:

Finally injuries are fading away and gym is back. Watching what I eat again and counting macro's. I have a question about carbs and sugar. I find it hard to believe that my body can't tell the difference from carbs from bread vs carbs from a spoonful of sugar. Anyone with some bro knowledge on this? I assume the logical thing to do would get healthier carbs like fibre and stuff an only try to take in natural sugars from fruits etc?

Right now I'm supposed to be getting 144g protein, 50g fat and 217g carbs daily

you're right on the fact that your body identifies all types of carbs simply as carbs, regardless of complex or simple. Counting macronutrients doesn't take into account the makeup of the carb that is going into your body, like the GI level, absorption rate, fibre content, anti-oxidants, etc. So essentially when you look at the food you buy, you may want to consider the other variables that contribute to your health.

You can compare ice cream versus a piece of fruit and both will hit your carb count for the day given time, but the nutritional value of the fruit will always top the ice cream. YES, even if it is organic ice cream.

With how the media portrays junk food nowadays, i'm sure it's common sense to most of us what separates junk food from real food.

I personally feel that junk food has it's purpose for certain occasions:

A) restoring hormone levels, satiety
B) hitting calorie count for the day without having to eat a million grams of rice or pasta

LC21 09-01-2014 09:50 AM

Thinking of getting some pendley do wins, or maybe even the VS athlete weightlifting shoes.

Any suggestions?

Tia

sonick 09-02-2014 10:58 AM

BB.com has MusclePharm's new Quest Bar competitor protein bars for BOGO Free, works out to ~$45 after shipping and taxes for 24 bars:

Combat Crunch Bars by MusclePharm at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Combat Crunch Bars!

Good timing as I am almost done my first two boxes of Quest.

Edit: use SEP14WELCOME for 10% off (which I forgot to use :fuuuuu: )

320icar 09-02-2014 11:07 AM

let me know if they are any good. i saw a commercial for them

Sid Vicious 09-02-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 8523718)
Thinking of getting some pendley do wins, or maybe even the VS athlete weightlifting shoes.

Any suggestions?

Tia

pretty much the same IMO, just go with the cheaper one - they are both .5 inch heel, i prefer .75

G-spec 09-02-2014 12:27 PM

Supplement thread is hella dead, so whats the best pre-workout you guys would generally agree on ? been taking West Pharm - Therma Lean Ephedra/Ephedrine for years but my body got used to it and it doesn't work nearly as well as it used too

I need a really good pump in my legs specifically for leg days, and those long 2-3 hour basketball and soccer sessions I have few times a week

jack3d 09-02-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 8524138)
Supplement thread is hella dead, so whats the best pre-workout you guys would generally agree on ? been taking West Pharm - Therma Lean Ephedra/Ephedrine for years but my body got used to it and it doesn't work nearly as well as it used too

I need a really good pump in my legs specifically for leg days, and those long 2-3 hour basketball and soccer sessions I have few times a week

pump igniter if you want a massive pump. 300mg caffeine per scoop, nicely priced as well

Sid Vicious 09-03-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

mr hyde or cannibal ferox.

G-spec 09-03-2014 09:51 PM

thanks for suggestions guys, I'll have to look for samples or maybe order to lowest cheapest dose tubs to see which one works best then go with that one....

Wanted to try it today before my basketball but no luck, pretty annoyed no local supplement stores carry most of this stuff, GNC nor Popeye's had it.... same shit with most car parts as well, everything good has to be ordered from US, feels like I'm living in Northern BC in the backwoods sometimes

Fcukedd 09-04-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

If you're looking for a crazy pump - Hemavol by iForce.

That + an additional 500-750mg of agamatine sulfate and it feels like your skin is going to explode. It's stimulant free though, so you might want to take a caffeine pill with it.

Deciding to end Ed Coan/Phillipi at week 8. Hips have taken a beating from going heavy every week plus all those backoff speed sets. Happy with the results though.

Also started Candito's 6 week strength program this week for lower body only - looks fun

Sid Vicious 09-04-2014 10:25 PM

did you test your 1rm after u finished?

LC21 09-04-2014 10:27 PM

Candito's program was pretty solid, made pretty decent gains.

Looking to hop back on the cube method after i come back from vacation. :accepted:

Eatman 09-04-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8524089)
BB.com has MusclePharm's new Quest Bar competitor protein bars for BOGO Free, works out to ~$45 after shipping and taxes for 24 bars:

Combat Crunch Bars by MusclePharm at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Combat Crunch Bars!

Good timing as I am almost done my first two boxes of Quest.

Edit: use SEP14WELCOME for 10% off (which I forgot to use :fuuuuu: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8524094)
let me know if they are any good. i saw a commercial for them

Ordered 48 bars before the promo ended, it's now 20% off compared to the bogo deal. Reviews online seem pretty solid on these bars too. So I'm pretty excited to try them out.

Gerbs 09-04-2014 11:47 PM

Anyone else have opinions on Candito's program.

G-spec 09-05-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8525194)
If you're looking for a crazy pump - Hemavol by iForce.

That + an additional 500-750mg of agamatine sulfate and it feels like your skin is going to explode. It's stimulant free though, so you might want to take a caffeine pill with it.

Thanks, and yea that's pretty much exactly what I need, something that will pump more blood/oxygen to my legs really as I have bad blood flow through my lower body, it runs in the family on my mom's side.
Ephedrine pills worked awesome for a few years though, now switching over to pre workouts, I think I prefer tingly skin over the your heart is about to burst through your chest that Ephedrine does, lol

Fcukedd 09-05-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8525243)
did you test your 1rm after u finished?

Nope, decided to jump right into Candito after week 8 of Ed Coan, using an estimated 1MR from 455x2.

RBGodzilla 09-06-2014 11:00 AM

Finally hit a 185 on bench. Pretty proud of that due to the fact that i weigh 160lbs.

Stealthy 09-07-2014 10:23 PM

GNC has quest bars 3 boxes $60 (buy 2 get one free)