REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 06-08-2010 08:04 PM

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/the_yoke.htm
good read

penner2k 06-08-2010 08:33 PM

So today at work my buddy was talking to me about working out again... He is trying to put on size too (he just started and is like 5'7 and 140 lbs... lol).. I was curious to see how big my arms had gotten since it had been a while since i measured them last.. I came to the realization that I need to stop doing any bicep work with a bb and just use dbs for a while.. haha.. My left arm measured 16.5... My right was 17.2.. haha
At least I'm guessing its my biceps that are different sizes since when I am normally standing my shirts fit even on both sides.. If it was my triceps being bigger in one arm I'd assume I would notice it with the shirts..

I'll just use dbs for a while and always start with the left arm and see if that fixes it...
Funny thing is my goal for this year was to hit 210 and have 17 inch arms by Christmas.. Its June and I'm at 205 right now and I bet I can get the left arm to catch up within a month and a half..
New goal... 220 and 17.5 by Christmas.. I dont think 250 by the end of next year will be out of the picture. So much for being a hardgainer.. haha

hal0g0dv2 06-08-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 6983588)
So today at work my buddy was talking to me about working out again... He is trying to put on size too (he just started and is like 5'7 and 140 lbs... lol).. I was curious to see how big my arms had gotten since it had been a while since i measured them last.. I came to the realization that I need to stop doing any bicep work with a bb and just use dbs for a while.. haha.. My left arm measured 16.5... My right was 17.2.. haha
At least I'm guessing its my biceps that are different sizes since when I am normally standing my shirts fit even on both sides.. If it was my triceps being bigger in one arm I'd assume I would notice it with the shirts..

I'll just use dbs for a while and always start with the left arm and see if that fixes it...
Funny thing is my goal for this year was to hit 210 and have 17 inch arms by Christmas.. Its June and I'm at 205 right now and I bet I can get the left arm to catch up within a month and a half..
New goal... 220 and 17.5 by Christmas.. I dont think 250 by the end of next year will be out of the picture. So much for being a hardgainer.. haha

hard gainers cough cough

sonick 06-08-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 6983588)

Just curious, when and what weight did you start off at and how tall are you?

hal0g0dv2 06-08-2010 09:06 PM

i could go on forever

sonick 06-08-2010 09:07 PM

^ thanks man! Today was legs, back and biceps. Tomorrow will be chest, shoulders and triceps.

mc25 06-08-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 6983640)
^ thanks man! Today was legs, back and biceps. Tomorrow will be chest, shoulders and triceps.

My .02...switch your routine up. Chest on the same day as shoulders and triceps will severely weaken your bench, or vice versa. If you want to do a bench on shoulder and tri days, do decline.

sonick 06-08-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc25 (Post 6983674)
My .02...switch your routine up. Chest on the same day as shoulders and triceps will severely weaken your bench, or vice versa. If you want to do a bench on shoulder and tri days, do decline.

Yeah I don't usually have a routine like this. It's just that I played basketball yesterday and ended up doing upper body, so I ended up only doing lower body today, which forces me to do the remainder tomorrow.

I usually go from the major compound lifts first before going to the individual muscle exercise; so I would do bench first, then shoulders then triceps for tomorrow.

RRxtar 06-08-2010 09:43 PM

5x 255 bench tonite. fuck ya!

and i cant believe the drive i have and the intensity im working out at. fuck ya!

penner2k 06-08-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 6983619)
Just curious, when and what weight did you start off at and how tall are you?

I started 4-5 years ago at 140 lbs... I worked out for maybe 2-3 years.. Then I got lazy and just stopped going for 2 years. I started up again 4 or so months ago at 185 lbs. When I stopped going before I was about 190 lbs. I'm 6'4 so 205 lbs still doesnt look big..

trancehead 06-08-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6983716)
5x 255 bench tonite. fuck ya!

and i cant believe the drive i have and the intensity im working out at. fuck ya!

very nice bench!
whats your current weight and height?

im 5'7 143 pounds right now...can flat bench 190x6. hoping to close in on 205 soon!

jhxb 06-12-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6989377)
Lol no such thing. Ppl think they have to tip toe aroud there workout when cutting , work out like u always do maybe higher reps to keep heart rate up
Posted via RS Mobile

Lol, my bad. I'm pretty new to working out...

I have a fat in my core area (I have a belly...), thighs and calves, but my arms are as skinny as hell. What reps, sets, and rest times should I do to target getting bigger arms, but trying to lose weight in other areas (while gaining muscle)? I don't know much about working out. Hope you guys can give me advice.

Wenis 06-12-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhxb (Post 6989364)
What are some good cutting exercises? I searched google, but I want to hear from rs experts :)

High intensity interval training (HIIT). Basically cardio. I would start with a jog to warm-up, then bringing with a 15 second sprint followed by a 90 second jog.
Rinse and repeat. Works well for me for cutting. I dont believe you can target certain areas for fat loss, just overall fat loss through either working out/cardio/diet.

For bigger arms, I would try doing 5-5's. 5 sets of 5 reps, heavy weight. Probably with at least 60 seconds of rest.

RRxtar 06-12-2010 11:02 PM

had an eye opening conversation with a buddy tonight

he said "no one goes to the gym because they want to. they go because they have to because they want the results of getting bigger"

i couldnt believe it. and talked for the next 10 minutes explaining how i fucking love training. i wake up in the morning and cant wait till the evening to goto the gym. i txt my gym partner in the afternoon and talk about the workout for that night. i get home from work and just count the hours until i goto the gym. i fucking LOVE training.

ShadowBun 06-13-2010 12:06 AM

i love training because the feeling I get afterwards
and the awesome taste of protein powder + milk baby

Lolkai 06-13-2010 01:16 AM

The pump after a work out is too good. As Arnold once said: " It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven?"

L0uie69 06-13-2010 01:39 AM

BB complex - great way to shed bodyfat, add LBM and condition yourself

mc25 06-13-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolkai (Post 6989634)
The pump after a work out is too good. As Arnold once said: " It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven?"

Hahah…awesome.

I like going, because of the gains Ive been seeing, pushing myself, and also I know a lot of people at the gym and its fun for me..kind of like a hobby.

I tried the reverse hyperextensions for the back yesterday, felt pretty good…think Id need to add weight in between the legs to make it count tho.

L0uie69 06-13-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc25 (Post 6989741)
Hahah…awesome.

I like going, because of the gains Ive been seeing, pushing myself, and also I know a lot of people at the gym and its fun for me..kind of like a hobby.

I tried the reverse hyperextensions for the back yesterday, felt pretty good…think Id need to add weight in between the legs to make it count tho.

its going to be difficult to add weight btw your legs, the easiest way to add resistance to reverse hypers are bands or ankle weights.

Try hip thrust, its a similar movement and it'll be easier to add resistances if need be.

jhxb 06-13-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0uie69 (Post 6989647)
BB complex - great way to shed bodyfat, add LBM and condition yourself

What's bb complex? Sorry, I don't understand your lingo.

Lolkai 06-13-2010 05:57 PM

hey so a couple posts back I was mentioning my stomach is always grumbling and it feels like i'm about to have diarrhea but i'm not. I was talking w/ a friend(she hardly knows anything bout working out) and she was just telling me it's possible that I might've damaged my inner lining of the stomach from all the fiber and wheat? Or that b/c I'm eating all wheat/grain foods it gets emptied out of the stomach too quickly and thus my stomach is always empty?

What are your takes on that RS crew?

hal0g0dv2 06-13-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolkai (Post 6990285)
hey so a couple posts back I was mentioning my stomach is always grumbling and it feels like i'm about to have diarrhea but i'm not. I was talking w/ a friend(she hardly knows anything bout working out) and she was just telling me it's possible that I might've damaged my inner lining of the stomach from all the fiber and wheat? Or that b/c I'm eating all wheat/grain foods it gets emptied out of the stomach too quickly and thus my stomach is always empty?

What are your takes on that RS crew?

that might be it,
i never take any fiber pills or over dose on fiber cause to much can open your bowls up from shitting so easy

L0uie69 06-13-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhxb (Post 6989856)
What's bb complex? Sorry, I don't understand your lingo.

Barbell complex - its a series of exercises performed continuously

LBM - Lean body mass

Dat 06-13-2010 07:26 PM

complexes are good stuff... except they beat the crap out of you

hal0g0dv2 06-13-2010 08:50 PM

did dead lifts yesterday
pretty happy that my dead lift has not gone down since cutting
4plates and a 25 for one rep was my best last night