REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

mc25 06-02-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6975672)
nope
but i like to think i know alot about working out

You can think what you like…doesnt mean its true :p

I kid i kid

ws6ta 06-02-2010 10:08 PM

some of you guys are really light in here. 5'11 & 150? wow....I'm 5'9 210lbs I'm trying to cut down to 200 in the next month. i want to be 200 by next week since I'm going to vegas but thats not going to happen lol.

today i had about 80 carbs. low carbs/no carbs is one of the hardest things I have ever done :( I would much rather have issues gaining weight then losing!!

SkippyLang 06-02-2010 10:29 PM

im starting to starting working out again. 2 days a week, 1.5 hours each. should i drink shakes? i dont want to gain fat if i cant use up all the calories.

ws6ta 06-03-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atodac (Post 6975924)
im starting to starting working out again. 2 days a week, 1.5 hours each. should i drink shakes? i dont want to gain fat if i can use up all the calories.

there is no way you'll get fat by drinking protein shakes. especially pre/post workout shakes

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 06-03-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 6975882)
today i had about 80 carbs. low carbs/no carbs is one of the hardest things I have ever done :( I would much rather have issues gaining weight then losing!!

i always say that too... wish i had issues gaining instead of losing.

check out this site for low carb foods. some great recipes/ideas to help curb your carb cravings. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

hal0g0dv2 06-03-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 6976218)
there is no way you'll get fat by drinking protein shakes. especially pre/post workout shakes

:werd:
Posted via RS Mobile

xpl0sive 06-03-2010 09:07 AM

seems like most people are getting on the juice nowadays... what are you guys taking for weight gain? I started working out heavily about 3 months ago, started taking creatine and protein. I was up to 185lbs a few weeks back. then i hurt my shoulder and had to take a few days off and i stopped taking creatine. I'm back at the gym now and only taking protein after working out. I'm down to about 175-180. I'm guessing i lost the water weight from creatine... I'm 5'10, so i wanna get to a solid 190-200. Is there anything I can take to help me get there? I wouldnt mind going on the juice if I had to, but I need to know the right stuff to do for that as well...

hal0g0dv2 06-03-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6976371)
seems like most people are getting on the juice nowadays... what are you guys taking for weight gain? I started working out heavily about 3 months ago, started taking creatine and protein. I was up to 185lbs a few weeks back. then i hurt my shoulder and had to take a few days off and i stopped taking creatine. I'm back at the gym now and only taking protein after working out. I'm down to about 175-180. I'm guessing i lost the water weight from creatine... I'm 5'10, so i wanna get to a solid 190-200. Is there anything I can take to help me get there? I wouldnt mind going on the juice if I had to, but I need to know the right stuff to do for that as well...

dont even think about going on the juice..... take a couple pages back and read what people eat here, dont come on here asking for advice about juice, EAT MORE i can no stress this enough, how old are you? what do u eat in a day, tell us what you eat and i bet you are no were near your goals of weight gain

xpl0sive 06-03-2010 10:30 AM

i try to eat three solid meals a day. i always have a snack when i'm hungry. i dont eat fast food like burgers or anything, i usually have cereal/fruit in the morning with a bagel, then a good lunch in the afternoon with lots of meat/chicken and a solid dinner...

hal0g0dv2 06-03-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 6976453)
i try to eat three solid meals a day. i always have a snack when i'm hungry. i dont eat fast food like burgers or anything, i usually have cereal/fruit in the morning with a bagel, then a good lunch in the afternoon with lots of meat/chicken and a solid dinner...

3 meals a day hahhaha

Lolkai 06-06-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi (Post 6979776)
if you lack the proper motivation but want to gain weight, eat mcdonald's for all 3 or your regular meals but make sure your calorie total exceeds 2000 calories minimum at each sitting

they have a nutrition facts sheet that is easy to read and gaining weight is quite easy this way

Yea I think I did that a couple years back but I felt that it harsh killed my cardio so I stopped lol

Also to all you steak eaters out there, where do you buy your steaks and how do you cook them? I've been gettin mine from superstore and just grilling them up to a medium rare? I'm a little skeptical of them though...

Conan O'Brien Sex Video 06-07-2010 06:22 AM

i just made this over the weekend... it's THE most delicious protein shake i've ever made or had. rivals any sort of starbucks blended drink in my books plus it's a whole lot healthier:
- about 1 cup leftover cold coffee (i don't measure i just pour)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- about 1/4 ish cup (organic) coconut milk
- about 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- lots and lots of ice... enough so after it's blended it hasn't all melted away

BLEND and ENJOY!

!Yaminashi 06-07-2010 09:23 AM

Finally went back to the gym yesterday, I'm surprised that after 3 weeks I havent really lost much strength, if any for that matter..

I still cant go 100% yet though.

Should I start loading up on steak again even if I'm not training at 100%?
Also how often should I be eating steak? A couple of my buddies said just to eat it a few times a week, not everyday?

sonick 06-07-2010 10:18 AM

Fuuuck, anybody have any interesting workouts for doing the glamour muscles (e.g. Biceps/Triceps)?

I've been doing squat/dead/bench for awhile now, but am going on vacation at the end of June and decided to focus on the glamour muscles a bit. However, I am finding it entirely boring doing endless curls and skullcrushers.

hal0g0dv2 06-07-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 6981280)
Fuuuck, anybody have any interesting workouts for doing the glamour muscles (e.g. Biceps/Triceps)?

I've been doing squat/dead/bench for awhile now, but am going on vacation at the end of June and decided to focus on the glamour muscles a bit. However, I am finding it entirely boring doing endless curls and skullcrushers.

ohhh triceps are my specialty, its hard to describe some of them
ill scoop some videos up tonight
tip for biceps, do them with back

incubus 06-07-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 6980859)
Yeah I actually do get a slight stomach ache from it but once I'm zoned into my workout I automatically ignore it. As for the crap part, I do get that urge to go just before as well. Dang, I really thought it wasn't much of a concern lol.

As for flavor I'm taking Tropical Punch. Tastes pretty good.

lemonade aint a bad flavor either, theres better stuff out there then super dump :p

gl wit the recovery

also went wit on optimen vitamins got good reviews same wit gnc megamen apparently, couldnt stand all the pills from animal pac

hal0g0dv2 06-07-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lustful-trance (Post 6981561)
lemonade aint a bad flavor either, theres better stuff out there then super dump :p

gl wit the recovery

also went wit on optimen vitamins got good reviews same wit gnc megamen apparently, couldnt stand all the pills from animal pac

the first pills you said are good

sonick 06-07-2010 02:41 PM

Ohyeah, I am thinking of adding supplements to my regimine, I currently only use Whey protein and creatine monohydrate.

My goal is to get more muscle definition for my trip,and am going to be going on a cutting phase in about a week. Planning doing more HIIT/tabata and Plyo along with just some maintenance lifting to prevent possible muscle loss, along with Bikram yoga on my off days (i.e. every other day). Diet will be super strict with lean protein and carbs strictly from vegetables and oatmeal.

What readily available supplements would be recommended? That SuperPump stuff looks good to up the intensity of my workouts. Something simple that I can buy at Popeyes, I don't wanna do the whole EC stack hassle.

Thanks!

RRxtar 06-07-2010 04:04 PM

raspberry lemonade is real good superdump

penner2k 06-07-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6981556)
ohhh triceps are my specialty, its hard to describe some of them
ill scoop some videos up tonight
tip for biceps, do them with back

If he is trying to build up the biceps and triceps doing them together one day and then do a couple sets of biceps after back and a couple sets of triceps after chest would be a good way to get them to grow a little quicker..
I've been doing that and my arms are growing pretty fast now. They were always my weak point..

hal0g0dv2 06-07-2010 06:18 PM

hey just a quick question to all you fellow work out dudes
i have never done a serious cut and i had a question for once, how much carbs are u guys cutting out, like i started Wednesday last week and i am almost at zero carbs, is that 2 much. i can still workout ok but i do start to have zero energy.

incubus 06-07-2010 07:14 PM

halo if u need the carbs you can use brown rice/wild rice just avoid white flour, im also trying to make my startchy carbs intake minimal, just try replacing with veggies gl man

cuttin is probly one of the hardest things

going through the same thing im walking around 136ish

hud 91gt 06-07-2010 07:40 PM

Bought myself a new present today for completing the 2 last exams I will ever have to write (Hopefully, but not likely). A new iPod touch and the "Gym Buddy" app for recording my workouts. Hopefully this can keep me on track so I can progress a little more then just memorizing. Just completed my first workout with it, and it seems to be pretty simple. I like it.

As for cutting carbs on a cut. I generally try to cut them pretty much right out. the only carbs I get are from veggies, and when I cheat a little, it's generally something with some carbs. Pretty much just try for as much protein as I can get, and pack in the veggies.

gabi 06-07-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 6981876)
hey just a quick question to all you fellow work out dudes
i have never done a serious cut and i had a question for once, how much carbs are u guys cutting out, like i started Wednesday last week and i am almost at zero carbs, is that 2 much. i can still workout ok but i do start to have zero energy.

hey halo just out of curiosity in relation to your question - are you asian?

gabi 06-07-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFonz (Post 6980934)

hmmm... a simple "You're wrong." and a snippet of the study? i'd like to read the rest of it

you gotta give a better response than that - we're looking to exchange ideas, not shoot each other down here

anyways, what is it that you suggest someone does otherwise?

how do you address the body's utilization of protein? how is consuming less meals advantangous to more meals?