REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

SkinnyPupp 05-03-2012 06:59 PM

Damn you asians and your tiny waists! Makes everything else look so much bigger :okay:

Well almost everything :troll:

ShadowBun 05-03-2012 07:00 PM

:suspicious:

BrRsn 05-03-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7908328)
Damn instantneedles, ton of hard work. Whats your stats bro? :ahwow:

I'll take a hit. Leaning out for the summer. Just finished Phase 1 (4 weeks) - Shoulders of the I, Bodybuilder. Definitely feel and see the gains.

looking good :thumbs: im thinking of trying it out for the summer too

link to article if anyones interested as well

TESTOSTERONE MUSCLE | The ANACONDA Protocol

hal0g0dv2 05-03-2012 07:19 PM

getting derailed on dieting fuckkkkkkkkkk last week been a bit of cheating well if you count oat meal 3 times a day as cheating

yeah do the ibb i did that when it first came out loved it and everything about it even the anaconda that was bad ass

instantneedles 05-03-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7908328)
Damn instantneedles, ton of hard work. Whats your stats bro? :ahwow:

I'll take a hit. Leaning out for the summer. Just finished Phase 1 (4 weeks) - Shoulders of the I, Bodybuilder. Definitely feel and see the gains.

lookin good buddy! My height's around 5'7 1/2 to around 5'8. Weight's around 165-168 lb. What're your stats?

instantneedles 05-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7908355)
Damn you asians and your tiny waists! Makes everything else look so much bigger :okay:

Well almost everything :troll:

LOL.. Skinny you racist mofo... u probably just got used to it from all the asians at hk... The ones here are different :concentrate:

instantneedles 05-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctr_eg (Post 7908317)
just wondering if any of you guys smoke cigarettes? :badpokerface:

There's really no point in working out if you smoke imo. It'd just be a waste of time and money, because the chemicals in cigarettes just fucks up your blood flow/circulation, and it increases cortisol levels which decreases rate of absorption of nutrients for muscle growth. All your hardwork would be going down the drain, and that's only if you have the energy (as a smoker) to put hardwork in the first place. Some people say it doesn't do much to your lifting capabilities, but in honest truth, you definetly won't be making your maximum gains if you're a smoker. I see guys working out in the gym and then going out for a smoke immediately after... there's really no point... they come back in and do sets of 2 or 3 reps..

Verdasco 05-03-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7907141)

Berz, come at me bro..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...zor/Ohsnap.gif

Powerslide 05-03-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7908426)
There's really no point in working out if you smoke imo. It'd just be a waste of time and money, because the chemicals in cigarettes just fucks up your blood flow/circulation, and it increases cortisol levels which decreases rate of absorption of nutrients for muscle growth. All your hardwork would be going down the drain, and that's only if you have the energy (as a smoker) to put hardwork in the first place. Some people say it doesn't do much to your lifting capabilities, but in honest truth, you definetly won't be making your maximum gains if you're a smoker. I see guys working out in the gym and then going out for a smoke immediately after... there's really no point... they come back in and do sets of 2 or 3 reps..

I used to play sports with some guys who'd smoke. Funny, one of the guys was actually on team Canada and he was exceptionally fast and powerful.
I just figured that once he hit 30 he would probably hit a wall from all the smoking.

I'm going to try those Complex workouts from T-Nation as soon as I'm over this cold - they look very good. Anyone else going to give them a try?

J89 05-03-2012 08:43 PM

What about hitting the ganja!

:suspicious: :troll:

BrRsn 05-03-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.G (Post 7908466)
What about hitting the ganja!

:suspicious: :troll:

most people think its okay. THC has been shown to cause decreased rates of lung cancer in users. Arnold/Michael Phelps smoked weed, look at them now

side effect = munchies = not good for dieting. Maybe if you're a hardgainer it could be a benefit

SkinnyPupp 05-03-2012 09:02 PM

If I were to ever have thc again, I would look into methods to smoking it

PK6o4* 05-03-2012 09:08 PM

what about hookah a couple times a month, same effect as cigs?

instantneedles 05-03-2012 10:43 PM

yeah, i know a guy who smokes pretty regularly and plays varsity football, he's actually tops in the nation too... Some people tend to soak up the effects more drastically than others, but it's still going to hinder you from becoming even better...

SkinnyPupp 05-03-2012 10:52 PM

Started doing cardio after my workouts. 15 mins at 160-170 bpm

3pm almost time for breakfast :D

BrRsn 05-03-2012 11:13 PM

Sick upper chest workout today :fuckyea:

-Incline barbell bench (Pyramiding weight until I can only do 2 reps)
-Guillotine press super setted with flat Dbell flies ... really hits the part between your collar bone and chest, feels damn good
-Incline Dbell flies
-Incline Smith (or dumbbell incline bench, alternate)
-Peck Deck on pulleys
-FloorPress for mid chest

Adding in mid chest/flat bench to leg days

Must get upperchest for dem v-neck aesthetics.

VVV

I don't wanna double post but Alcohol is a diuretic, muscle is mostly water. Probably a bad idea to be drinking something that makes you piss out all your water, but then again caffeine has the same effect as alcohol. Maybe limit your caffeine intake + eat lots of salty foods/gatorade the night you do drink to keep yourself hydrated/minimize hangover

thegentleman 05-03-2012 11:13 PM

What's a safe amount of drinking alcohol on the weekend that won't hinder your gains/muscles? Or do I need to cut out all alcohol?

SkinnyPupp 05-03-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1flipkid (Post 7908633)
What's a safe amount of drinking alcohol on the weekend that won't hinder your gains/muscles? Or do I need to cut out all alcohol?

1 to 3 drinks can actually help, not hinder. Don't go over that though imo. Go read LeanGains posts on alcohol

Jordanl250 05-03-2012 11:16 PM

^
Why drinking alcohol makes you fat

rageguy 05-03-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1flipkid (Post 7908633)

It's painful, I know. But drinking and smoking will have a negative impact on your results. I quit smoking and refrain from drinking just so I can prepare for Summer. :okay:

Meanwhile, I'm having the time of my life in the washroom thanks to magnesium, beta alanine and l-arginine. I'll tough it out for the month.

instantneedles 05-03-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7908611)
Started doing cardio after my workouts. 15 mins at 160-170 bpm

3pm almost time for breakfast :D

So goot for da fat burn... You starting to notice some more definition in your muscles?

D-Ly 05-03-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7908426)

Damn.... I did not know that at all... Ive smoked for about 6 years and actually did quit for about 4 months up until the new year and I dont even know why i got back into it. It was probably because of new years... but yeah it just another excuse but I am actually gonna consider quitting again thanks to what i just read. So Thanks

thegentleman 05-03-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanl250 (Post 7908637)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7908636)
1 to 3 drinks can actually help, not hinder. Don't go over that though imo. Go read LeanGains posts on alcohol

So basically, its what you eat/drink(use as chase) after/during drinking that can cause weight gain and throw off your hard work during the week.

The article against drinking & working out doesn't mention anything about spirits. Just wines and beer. While the leangains article states "Cognac, gin, rum, scotch, tequila, vodka and whiskey are all basically zero carbs. Dry wines and spirits is what you should be drinking, ideally. Take them straight or mixed with diet soda"

I always chase my hard liquor with water, so I don't get a hangover the next morning.. Haha.

SkinnyPupp 05-04-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7908653)
So goot for da fat burn... You starting to notice some more definition in your muscles?

I'll let you know! I'll take some before pics tonight. I haven't done cardio in about 6 months, but definitely shed a decent amount of fat.

I'm not trying to get a 6 pack or anything like that. Leanness wise, I just want a flat belly and no lovehandles. My goals are probably nothing like most people here (which makes me wonder, who else here is married?)

jack3d 05-04-2012 04:23 AM

been keeping track of my macros/calories and everything ive been eating lately, really useful. I used to think it was such a hassle, but its pretty easy. I'll eat and in the end of the day log everything at myfitnesspal, highly recommend. i used to just keep a log in the back of my head and try to hit my calories daily by doing that, but its never too accurate. if youve plateau'd and been stuck at the same weight for awhile.. give it a try. thats pretty much it, just thought i'd share.