REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

tiger_handheld 03-23-2020 10:32 AM

Are you guys confused on the gov't messaging?

“It is ok if you’re not in self-isolation, yes you can go outside and go only with your family members and small groups…maintain those distances,” Dr. Henry said. “It is important for us to keep our health and mental health going as well through this.”

Justin Trudeau's daily coronavirus update: 'Enough is enough. Go home and stay home.'

edit both quotes as of Mar 23 2020

Matsuda 03-23-2020 10:32 AM

Kennedy Stewart (@kennedystewart) Tweeted:
The time for asking nicely is over.

Just now, Council passed new enforcement measures including fines of up to $50,000 for anyone found in violation of a City Order.

This is serious.

Now is the time to: Shut down, Stay put, Save lives.

#vanpoli #COVID19

blkgsr 03-23-2020 10:41 AM

https://nationalpost.com/news/canadi...esses-to-close

Ontario closing down non-essential businesses.

Hondaracer 03-23-2020 10:42 AM

I’ve been saying for the last week that Dr.Bonnies messaging have been completely mixed then I get hammered in twitter saying I’m an idiot and it doesn’t take much to understand it.

Clearly it does.

BIC_BAWS 03-23-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8979413)

Dr. Henry also encouraged people to continue going outside, provided they are maintaining their distance from others. Some of the activities she recommended included dog walking, bike riding and playing outdoors as a family while keeping a safe distance from others.

Justin Trudeau's daily coronavirus update: 'Enough is enough. Go home and stay home.'

In my perspective they're saying, you can still enjoy the outdoors but don't be a fucking idiot and go to the beach if there's a ton of people. This meant we could still go out for a cruise, provided we stay in our cars.

Seeing that people are too dumb to figure out what the rules mean, JT's just like stay the fuck at home.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

StylinRed 03-23-2020 11:04 AM

I don't see why it's so hard to understand, but I was assuming the majority of Canadians arent complete morons, guess I'm the dumb one

Ludepower 03-23-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 8979417)
https://nationalpost.com/news/canadi...esses-to-close

Ontario closing down non-essential businesses.

Let's pack it up boys. Were next as predicted this week.
It will be interesting what Ontario deems as non essential tomorrow.

Lots of tradesman are wondering about this question.

MG1 03-23-2020 11:13 AM

If any of you have a 3D printer, look into making medical supplies to donate. 3D printing takes time, so if everybody chips in they can supply much needed face shields and whatnot.

Example........

Quote:

Tinkerine Studios in Collaboration with Medical Community produces critically needed 3D Printed Products for COVID-19
March 23, 2020

Tinkerine™ Studios Ltd. announces that with extensive input from medical doctors, general practitioners, emergency responders, nurses, and pharmacists, the Company’s Applied Design Staff has initiated the design and 3D printing of the following devices:
Face Shield
Tinkerine now has a working prototype that was printed using its DittoPro 3D printers. The Face Shield will be presented immediately to regional health authorities. Tinkerine’s Face Shield has received strong input from members of the health community to ensure proper fit and protection for users. The face shield is a prototype design;
Ventilator 4-way Splitter
Tinkerine and outside parties are currently designing a 4-way splitter that can be used in emergency situations to provide additional capacity for ventilators. Considerations include cross contamination and a one-way check valve to ensure safety. The 4-way splitter is in early stage and is a prototype design;
Medical Use Goggles
Input from regional health members resulted in recognizing current and future demand for medical goggles for use in hospitals and other medical facilities. Tinkerine is determining needs based on input from medical professionals and will initiate design ASAP.

Tinkerine is also reaching out to its community of teachers and educational professionals to utilize their school districts and post-secondary institutions’ Tinkerine 3D printers. Tinkerine products are in use in 45% of all school districts in its home province of British Columbia. The Company is getting assistance from its Education Advisory Board and Teacher User Group, to create a collaborative pool of 3D Printers to produce greater volumes of medical products and supplies that are in scarce supply. Through this collaboration Tinkerine is working to deploy between 500-1000 additional 3D printers in order to address the COVID-19 healthcare crisis. In the meantime, Tinkerine has initiated discussions with National Resource Council Canada about additional expansion opportunities.

The Tinkerine team wants to thank all of the participating healthcare professionals for their assistance and would like to encourage additional members of the medical community to contact our offices about critical products that may be produced using 3D printers. We also want to express our appreciation to all medical and emergency staff for their tireless and selfless efforts to keep us all safe and healthy.

Ch28 03-23-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welfare (Post 8979348)
And even the end of the world is made in China :badpokerface:

https://media.tenor.com/images/62dc3...6e2c/tenor.gif

Ch28 03-23-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8979383)
Anyways brother in law works in a car dealership in Richmond (no names will be mention). And he is a tech there. So instead of trying reduce the risk by only doing necessary maintance their manager have deiced to go the other direction. He is making the reception calls their current customer to come in for general check ups even just oil change, filter change etc etc. If the clients are too scare to go out he gets the tech to drive out to the client place pick up the clients car, drive back to the shop do what they do need to, drive back to the client's place and pick up their car and leave.

In a time where people should not be out and about he makes people work more and even do work that will put them as risk just to fill his own pockets. A lot of the techs and people have decided to take non pay days rather than going to work.

This right here is the problem.

If companies are openly defying common sense during all of this, then they should be named and shamed and brought towards the news. People like you that happily hide that sort've information is exactly why a lot of people are still out and about because they don't understand the severity of this pandemic.

twitchyzero 03-23-2020 11:21 AM

is costco considered non-essential?

inv4zn 03-23-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8979433)

Groceries/Pharmacies (which Costco would qualify as both) anywhere are considered essential.

Manic! 03-23-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8979402)
OK, boss.......... I'll cancel my appointment at Blood Services.

RS is already low on members we can't afford to lose anyone.

MG1 03-23-2020 11:25 AM

Yup, Costco, Safeway, No Frills, Shoppers, etc.

Badhobz 03-23-2020 11:32 AM

Doggie food store like Tysol ? Bosley ? What about bubble tea joints like dragon ball and ba le. What the fuck am I gonna do without nammer subs and bubble tea.

Digitalis 03-23-2020 11:39 AM

This is how the rich get richer and poor get poorer.
All non big box stores will be non-essential.
Remember it's not corona that took away your choice it's the goverment.

dachinesedude 03-23-2020 11:53 AM

wonder if hardware stores (Canadian Tire, Home Depot, etc) will be deemed essential, would be a disaster if something at home busts and can't get parts

twitchyzero 03-23-2020 11:53 AM

hope they'll still keep the post offices open even if it's reduced hours

MG1 03-23-2020 11:54 AM

Report them.

On a side note........... can you call them snowbirds if they are going to a place that's not warmer than here?

Slifer 03-23-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8979448)
Report them.

On a side note........... can you call them snowbirds if they are going to a place that's not warmer than here?

Which retard would do such a thing?

welfare 03-23-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8979413)

“It is ok if you’re not in self-isolation, yes you can go outside and go only with your family members and small groups…maintain those distances,” Dr. Henry said. “It is important for us to keep our health and mental health going as well through this.”

edit both quotes as of Mar 23 2020

I think the problem is people are at home, then told "it's ok to go out, just practice social distancing :)".
So they go out, thinking they'll just do what was instructed, and of course go to places that are busy af and realize that it's not possible to practice there, so they just say f it.

basically people just attempting to follow instructions instead of thinking critically.
What i assume anyways.

Aside from those who just don't care in the first place I mean.

tegra7 03-23-2020 12:04 PM

underscore 03-23-2020 12:33 PM

Simple solution for the ding dongs that test positive and refuse to quarantine: baseball bat to the knees. Lets see the fuckers go out then.

After it all calms down charge them with attempted manslaughter or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8979378)
His reasoning is that who gives a fuck about a virus when you forclose on your mortgage, your family falls apart, and your homeless.

Who gives a fuck about a mortgage, family and house when you're all dead?

westopher 03-23-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8979430)
This right here is the problem.

If companies are openly defying common sense during all of this, then they should be named and shamed and brought towards the news. People like you that happily hide that sort've information is exactly why a lot of people are still out and about because they don't understand the severity of this pandemic.

I can totally understand why service departments of dealerships are still open, but why THE FUCK are sales?
Who the fuck is car shopping?

320icar 03-23-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8979433)

Costco is considered extremely essential. Fucking sucks but hey I’m working