REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

subordinate 01-18-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7766631)
People deadlift with a hook grip? :suspicious: What's the benefit of them (besides training your cleans)? It must be hard as hell without the support of your thumbs.

I think he's referring to Mixed grip, not hook grip......I hope.

And people tear their biceps when they try doing the deadlift too fast with mixed grip. Calm yourself down and make sure the underhand grip is hanging.

Tears result when guys forget to have the underhand grip straight and have a slight bent/curl to it.

Gerbs 01-18-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7766667)
well yeah when I'm not doing stronglifts I do cleans an all that good stuff, but hook grip helps deadlift either way

btw what happened to workout weekly challenge :alone:?
Posted via RS Mobile

what gym do u go to?
Posted via RS Mobile

BrRsn 01-18-2012 11:05 PM

Think I pushed a little too hard today ... started with squats and ended up adding 15lbs to my PR ..felt good but heart rate was thru the roof and at the bottom of my heaviest set I saw stars, and on my last burn set I saw many stars lol (no PWO today though, just coffee).

By the time I got to my barbell hacksquats i was so tired that I collapsed on my second set at the bottom of my first rep. Got pissed off, got up, finished the set I failed and added another 50lbs and did 2 more sets. Then some more leg workouts but man ... I got such a pump in my legs today.

Then just for shits and giggles went over to the pulleys and loaded up the stack to do some douche curls.

... I can barely walk right now though...

Spoiler!

BTW did anyone else get the $14/month offer from SC thru email? It says its "exclusive" but i smell bullshit lol

instantneedles 01-18-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 7766737)
my diet is very far from ideal, and im working more on a dirty/eatwhatever is in my site bulk so if you are looking to trim fat, what i do wont be for you
this is what im doing this week, the only thing that really changes is the entre'

breakfast (i hate mornings so this is the least effort in the day for a meal)
2 cups of vector 2 cups of homo milk
piece of fruit (apple usually)
and a peanut butter sammich in the car on the way to work

1000 or so after my morning constitutional
protein shake, granola bar

2 cups of rice or pasta 1.5 chix breast
1 cup whole fat yogurt or cottage cheese
fruit

2 cups of rice or pasta 1.5 chicken breast
litre of homo milk
fruit

2130 (after gym)
protein shake w/ homo milk
lots of garbage carbs 9ill eat a bag of popcorn, or chips or whatever, cuz im skinny and i can get away with it :fullofwin:

i spent 3 weeks in china, eating all of the food i could get my hands on, and i still lost like 8 lbs

Honestly, that won't work as well as you think it would, mainly because your body is genetically predetermined to store fat in certain areas. Instead of getting fat in areas where you would want it to go, you might just end up with a pot belly... If you want to bulk up, instead of eating junk food it might be good to eat food thats high in carbs/proteins... cus if your plan is to trim muscle after you get all that extra fat, you're not off to a better start than if you didn't eat all that junk food... It's very much possible to bulk & gain lean muscle mass at the same time. Essentially, what you're looking for is a higher lean muscle mass to fat ratio rather than an accumulation of fat... Just my 0.02 bro

The_Situation 01-18-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7766878)
Spoiler!

I didn't get shit captain, but apparently for those who got the yearly pass from the groupon deal have to pay the new membership rate of $300 for a year.

subordinate 01-18-2012 11:50 PM

I also got the same email as Dhillion.

+1 on marketing tactic on first 100 people. But it's fooling me. Heads up though, I wouldn't give a void check, just in case they have the same techniques as golds and other shady gyms.

Too bad the deadline is 31st, as it would have been smart to get a new credit card with a 500 dollar limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7766902)
I didn't get shit captain, but apparently for those who got the yearly pass from the groupon deal have to pay the new membership rate of $300 for a year.

Maybe for the regulars :troll:

For what its' worth, it say's randomly selected individuals.

7seven 01-19-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7766649)
can i do floor press with dumb bells instead so i don't have to lay down in the curl rack and have everyone stare at me :heckno:

edit: on second though, probably not

The main gym I go to only has 1 squat rack and 1 smith, and when its busy, I'll just use one of the flat benches to setup floor presses. Like this...

sonick 01-19-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7766878)
BTW did anyone else get the $14/month offer from SC thru email? It says its "exclusive" but i smell bullshit lol

I got it too. I wanted to sign up for it but it requires a contract, which the email did not state.

Still a good deal though, may consider it.

TouringTeg 01-19-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7766596)
SS didn't call for dips/chins so i've never done them before :pokerface:

I alternate between this 3 times a week
Spoiler!

About a year ago Mehdi removed them from the 5x5 routine because a lot of people weren't doing them. I did them everytime and had great results. It used to be:

Day 1

Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Barbell row 5x5
Push ups
Dips (weighted)

Day 2

Squat 5x5
Overhead Press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pull ups (weighted)
Chin ups (weighted)

TouringTeg 01-19-2012 08:40 AM

Did 30mins of rowing last night then 6am workout chest and biceps. Dropped weight from 199 to 189 since November and still bench press 205lbs x 7 reps.

kevin7352 01-19-2012 09:07 AM

@AME_VIP
That sounds pretty good. I'm gonna definitely give it a try :thumbs:

dachinesedude 01-19-2012 09:56 AM

anyone tried GOMAD before? 4liters per day seems a little overkill, a jug a day cant even do that with water let alone whole milk

kevin7352 01-19-2012 10:08 AM

you're suppose to work your way to the gallon

hal0g0dv2 01-19-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7767163)
anyone tried GOMAD before? 4liters per day seems a little overkill, a jug a day cant even do that with water let alone whole milk

Did that for 2 months
Best thing I ever did when I bulked and I started with 4l
Posted via RS Mobile

jeffh 01-19-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7766887)
Honestly, that won't work as well as you think it would, mainly because your body is genetically predetermined to store fat in certain areas. Instead of getting fat in areas where you would want it to go, you might just end up with a pot belly... If you want to bulk up, instead of eating junk food it might be good to eat food thats high in carbs/proteins... cus if your plan is to trim muscle after you get all that extra fat, you're not off to a better start than if you didn't eat all that junk food... It's very much possible to bulk & gain lean muscle mass at the same time. Essentially, what you're looking for is a higher lean muscle mass to fat ratio rather than an accumulation of fat... Just my 0.02 bro

im sure cutting my carbs and replacing with fat and protein would net me better results, i just like my carbs too mch :okay:

im not really worried about the gut tho, im still very lean, i show abs anytime that im not bloated from eating my face off

LC21 01-19-2012 10:58 AM

http://www.wheycheap.com/wheycheap.jsp

GLUTAMINE FOR SALE!

Excelsis 01-19-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerbs (Post 7766849)
what gym do u go to?
Posted via RS Mobile

richmond fw

SHARKY! 01-19-2012 12:33 PM

I know it's not a lot compared to a lot of you guys, but I'm happy I can finally bench my own weight at 155x5. Huzzah!
Posted via RS Mobile

TouringTeg 01-19-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7767133)
@AME_VIP
That sounds pretty good. I'm gonna definitely give it a try :thumbs:

Good luck! They are killer. I am trying to do them at the end of my workouts again.

Did GOMAD twice. Started with 4L. Gained about 15lbs the first time and 10lbs the second time. Highly recommend it. You will get lots of questions and people giving you advice about it especially at work. Be sure to lift heavy while doing it.

Excelsis 01-19-2012 01:39 PM

those 10 lbs are mostly water weight no?
Posted via RS Mobile

hud 91gt 01-19-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7767468)
those 10 lbs are mostly water weight no?
Posted via RS Mobile

Doubtful, 2500 calories in a jug of homo. If your still eating 3 square meals a day, your gaining weight. It may be fat (if you don't train), but it will be weight ;)

hal0g0dv2 01-19-2012 02:58 PM

its not water weight

TouringTeg 01-19-2012 02:59 PM

I've only been lifting for 2 years and the first year of lifting I went from 165 to 175. 2nd year I did GOMAD twice and went from 175 to 200. I have started cutting, doing more cardio, eating primarily lean protein and veggies and am sitting at about 190lbs at 6'0".

Doing GOMAD trains you to eat more.

hal0g0dv2 01-19-2012 03:02 PM

^^ yep
if u can take in all that milk on top of all your meals you are golden

The_Situation 01-19-2012 03:58 PM

Gomad. Funnest time of my life
Posted via RS Mobile