REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

keepz1 02-11-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7301417)
o sry thought you were a god =] jk

well i dont know what happend i got a cold a week ago and my back just crapped out, it feels very tight and is a constant nagging pain in my lower back hurts even to sit =|

Whenever i get a cold for some reason my lower back hurts also. I just took a week off from the gym to get better going back today. I want to go hard but dont think my body will let me.

jack3d 02-11-2011 12:08 PM

Just had an awesome shoulder workout. Utilized drop sets again after half a year of not doing them. Had great results in the first year, don't know why I stopped doing them

AAnthony 02-11-2011 02:20 PM

Broke some more personal records this week!

Last week: Deadlift
12@225, 13 @ 285
This week:
6 @ 225, 20 @ 285

Last week: Incline Dumbell Bench
3 sets of 10 @ 85
This week:
10 @ 85, 10 @ 95, 7 @ 95, 8 @ 90

For Squats i do 5x5...only 225 tho, which is weak! but i find myself leaning more to one side when i squat, so i'm getting a trainer and i'm not increasing my weight till forms perfect..I don't wanna fuck around when it comes to the spine.

hal0g0dv2 02-11-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 7301815)

12@225, 13 @ 285
This week:
6 @ 225, 20 @ 285

3 sets of 10 @ 85
This week:

For Squats i do 5x5...only 225 tho, which is weak! but i find myself leaning more to one side when i squat, so i'm getting a trainer and i'm not increasing my weight till forms perfect..I don't wanna fuck around when it comes to the spine.

yeah man front squats are killer is not done right, ive seen some ppl get hurt not even doing that big of weight, there lower back just folds

RacingMetro92 02-11-2011 05:32 PM

After four months in the gym, I got my PB bench press to a plate (3 sets @ 5 reps) I could barely lift the bar+15 pounds when I first started. Progress is slow, but then again, I didn't expect fast results. A lot of my exercises come from the links and other peoples routines...so thank you RS!

BrRsn 02-11-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7301530)
I still haven't redeemed my Coupon yet for SC. Is it still decent there or should I try and sell it?

same here kinda regretting it after hearing all the mixed reviews :speechless:

strykn bought it as well but I know he got rid of his after he did a few drop ins @ SC ... guess the atmosphere is shit? I gotta go try it out someday.

Hondaracer 02-11-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7300933)
A) if you are really under 20g carbs, then it should be effective. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. If a lot of your diet is cheap protein shakes, then they can have a lot of unaccounted for sugars.

B) Extended cardio is a horrible idea if you are under 20g carbs, and is probably not the best way to reach your goals (unless your goal is to be able to run for a long time, running for a long time isn't really a great workout). Instead, short intense workouts that increase your resting metabolism is probably a better option. High rep weight training, for instance, with a bit of short, light cardio (under 30 mins, low heart rate) every morning.

EDIT: I would recommend following the V-diet training programme. It was put together specifically for doing low carb (even lower than <20g) and should be very suitable for you. Just pick one that fits your experience level, and go from there. Be sure to add the very low intensity walks each morning before eating.

That's what I did before, going from 200 lbs or so down to 186 in just over a month. And I'll be doing it again to go from (hopefully) 220 down to 200 :D

Thanks for the info, mind sharing how much all that costs for a months supply? kind of broke at the moment due to not working for quite a while due to school :S

btw, here's the info for the Casien Costco Protein:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...er/photo-5.jpg

jeffh 02-11-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFresh604 (Post 7302012)
After four months in the gym, I got my PB bench press to a plate (3 sets @ 5 reps) I could barely lift the bar+15 pounds when I first started. Progress is slow, but then again, I didn't expect fast results. A lot of my exercises come from the links and other peoples routines...so thank you RS!

getting that plate on there sure feels good hey

(it gets harder from here) :whistle:

SkinnyPupp 02-11-2011 10:27 PM

I didn't do the actual v-diet, as in I didn't use their products. And this time I am going to cut the protein down a bit, and add fat (coconut milk, some nuts, eggs each night) which should make it a lot easier and SHOULD work roughly the same. Who knows!

trancehead 02-12-2011 01:53 AM

gym tomorrow morning. going to get JACKED

trancehead 02-12-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAnthony (Post 7301815)

12@225, 13 @ 285
This week:
6 @ 225, 20 @ 285

3 sets of 10 @ 85
This week:

good call perfect that form. remember to use those HIPS :fullofwin:

not directed at you anthony, but i dont get why some guys load up 3 plates on the squat rack...only to do a quarter squat? correct me if im wrong but i dont see much benefits from this...other than the egotistical.

SkinnyPupp 02-12-2011 01:57 AM

BTW that label doesn't really add up...

41g per scoop

35g protein + 1g carbs + 0.5g fat = 36.5g

So it's missing about 5g of what? There's only 20mg of sucralose in there

Maybe they are loading it with maltodextrin under the "natural flavours" listing?

In any case, 4 scoops of that, and you are getting 20g of something, possibly carbs. If that's the case, your 20g of carbs per day just got doubled.

hud 91gt 02-12-2011 07:13 AM

Well holy shit. I'm stuck in Texas using the hotel gym. Yesterday I did some cable rows, pullups. Lat pull downs when leaning back 45 degrees or so (Never done these before), bicep curls. And I've never have my Lats sore before. This is a whole new feeling! Finally lol. I'm psyched!

strykn 02-12-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 7302404)
gym tomorrow morning. going to get JACKED

im going right before dash so I can have da muscles popping out :fullofwin:

hal0g0dv2 02-12-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7302686)
im going right before dash so I can have da muscles popping out :fullofwin:

hehe
triceps and biceps today o yeah whole day biceps and triceps

hud 91gt 02-12-2011 12:51 PM

Also picked up my Merrel Barefoot Trail Gloves today.

http://media.mlive.com/businessrevie...1754-large.jpg

JSilver 02-12-2011 01:12 PM

I usually don't work out on a day if I were to party the same night. Feels like such a waste.
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 02-12-2011 03:16 PM

perfect day for arms brah. glory muscles. ;)

RRxtar 02-12-2011 03:25 PM

is it possible theres a couple of grams of unlisted minerals or something? i mean, potassium is on the label and makes .2grams. im sure theres a few things in it that add up to make it not contain an extra hidden 5g of carbs.

I run an Isolate of the same stuff.

http://kaizenprotein.com/images/prod...tion_table.gif
http://kaizenprotein.com/images/products/aacid.gif
the container also has a label with the breakdown of the whey microfractions and what percentage of 7 different ones there are.

with all the labeling it seems to be a fairly 'transparent' brand. i would hope they wouldnt be hiding anything. but at the same time, i dont know really know what im talking about.

and all that being said, when I can pick up a 4.4lb tub of it for under $30, and it tastes fantastic, and doesnt make me want to shit my pants, its hard to beat.

strykn 02-12-2011 07:16 PM

holy fuck just trimmed my chest hair didnt realise how big i was... no homo :fullofwin:

hal0g0dv2 02-12-2011 07:17 PM

if any of you guys have a pull up machine at your gym, put a medicine ball on top of the seat and push with your hands down, really good for triceps

hal0g0dv2 02-12-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7303097)
holy fuck just trimmed my chest hair didnt realise how big i was... no homo :fullofwin:

your gonna get a invite to workout club so u can show off for us

SkinnyPupp 02-12-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7302868)
is it possible theres a couple of grams of unlisted minerals or something? i mean, potassium is on the label and makes .2grams. im sure theres a few things in it that add up to make it not contain an extra hidden 5g of carbs.

I run an Isolate of the same stuff.

http://kaizenprotein.com/images/prod...tion_table.gif
http://kaizenprotein.com/images/products/aacid.gif
the container also has a label with the breakdown of the whey microfractions and what percentage of 7 different ones there are.

with all the labeling it seems to be a fairly 'transparent' brand. i would hope they wouldnt be hiding anything. but at the same time, i dont know really know what im talking about.

and all that being said, when I can pick up a 4.4lb tub of it for under $30, and it tastes fantastic, and doesnt make me want to shit my pants, its hard to beat.

Those aminos are already acconted for... And there's no way there's 5g of minerals and vitamins in there... Imagine eating a mouthful of multivitamins, that's what it would taste like! :lol

To compare, ON Whey Gold is about 1.5g... So whatever these mystery ingredients are, more expensive stuff seems to have less of it

Hondaracer 02-12-2011 09:25 PM

odd that there would be that much missing on the label..

maybe next time im at costco i will take a picture of the other brand they cary [unfortunately only comes in unflavoured i belive lol] but perhaps we can see if that isolate is more transparent than the caisen

although, do u really think there could be an additional 15+ grams of carbs coming from those unaccounted numbers?

holy fuck am i sore today from snowmobiling yesterday, went on a free 3 hour ride with this skidoo VIP demo event, had to dig my sled out of 4-5 feet of powder twice after getting stuck and i dont think i've ever been this sore in my life, forearms, legs, and back have me sitting in my computer chair barely able to get out of it :S

DC5-S 02-12-2011 10:21 PM

are you guys not forgetting the weight of the cup?
Posted via RS Mobile