REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

spideyv2 07-27-2012 01:40 PM

Then again, if you're slamming weights for anything under 3 plates, it looks pretty stupid

Araaadi 07-27-2012 01:52 PM

No egos hurt here, I am very open to opinions, I've been stepping up to the weight and going for 3 x 5 now. Any recommendations of a good work out plan? My weight goal is 195.

Berzerker 07-27-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7987428)
No egos hurt here, I am very open to opinions, I've been stepping up to the weight and going for 3 x 5 now. Any recommendations of a good work out plan? My weight goal is 195.

Could you have asked a more Vague question......

Berz out.

instantneedles 07-27-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasani604 (Post 7987354)
I have a question for you gurus.

For deadlifts, when you bring the bar back down, do you guys try to control it to the point where it doesn't "bang or crash" (as in let it down as slow as possible to make as little noise as possible)?

I ask because for the first time, someone in the gym came up to me and told me it was annoying. I usually let it down in a controlled manner, but it does make sound when it touches the floor because that's physics. After the guy told me he was annoyed, he went to talk to the other guy doing deadlifts. I can't tell if he's just being stingy or if we were both doing it wrong.

If he's not the weight room attendant, then just ignore him and continue on with the workout. I've had that said to me for god knows how many times lol, and tbh, there's not much you can really do for deadlifts. It's an anti-gravity pulling movement which means it will be that much harder to control...

As long as you're not purposely slamming the plates onto the ground to create more noise, having the weights kinda clash on the ground is inevitable if you're doing a weight that is appropriate for you(meaning its a weight that is challenging enough for you). If you don't have that sound, you know you're not pushing yourself hard enough. It all depends on the type of workout you're doing too. If you're going for a hypertrophy rep scheme, and are going on more of the high rep scheme and lower weight, then you should be better able to control the clashing, but if you're lifting heavy, its inevitable.

Just take a look at powerlifter/bodybuilder record breaker, tuan tran.

@1:33

BrRsn 07-27-2012 04:12 PM

I slam the weight when I do clean pulls

me making a little noise is better than breaking my back because your sensitive ears couldn't take a little banging :fuckthatshit:

Put some mats down underneath where the bar touches the ground. Any noise after that is gonna happen no matter what, tell them to deal with it

truth 07-27-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

For deadlifts, when you bring the bar back down, do you guys try to control it to the point where it doesn't "bang or crash" (as in let it down as slow as possible to make as little noise as possible)?

I ask because for the first time, someone in the gym came up to me and told me it was annoying. I usually let it down in a controlled manner, but it does make sound when it touches the floor because that's physics. After the guy told me he was annoyed, he went to talk to the other guy doing deadlifts. I can't tell if he's just being stingy or if we were both doing it wrong.

just start puking all over him

XplicitLuder 07-27-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 7987287)
lol luder, when you take away the bodyfat values, all the other values are jaw droppers 6'6 300 lb :ahwow:

loool thanks i guess?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7987364)

@Luder - 6'6, 300lbs? Strong linebacker potential lol

if i was the physical type of guy, perhaps :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7987412)
Then again, if you're slamming weights for anything under 3 plates, it looks pretty stupid

stfu :fuckthatshit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by truth (Post 7987524)
just start puking all over him

thanks for making me feel sick

Sid Vicious 07-27-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7987428)

bench, squat, deadlift, clean + jerk.

everything else is secondary

Stealthy 07-27-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 7987548)
bench, squat, deadlift, clean + jerk.

everything else is secondary

You forgot military/overhead press

XplicitLuder 07-27-2012 05:00 PM

give stronglift a try araaadi. Worked great for me :D and if you're trying to cut back on weight, i dont think strength training is best idea aint it ? cus you'll be gaining muscle/fat (i did lol) and i think you want to cut back on the weight ?

nns 07-27-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Which gym is this?

I used to workout at Fitness World in Richmond, and this one white guy was super sensitive over noise. He came up to me on a few occasions complaining about me slamming the weight and hurting his ears when I was DL'ing. It's not like I was dropping the bar after every rep. Even if I did touch and go, the plates clanging on the bar make noise.

It was a 40 year-old tool who wears short shorts, a beater, and some preppy Zach Morris haircut from the 90s.

The worst part is, I would've been happy to try to work things out with him, except the guy came up to me AND ONLY ME out of everyone in the gym. Out of everyone who drops their weights, he decided to single me out.

BTW, I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that it's the 2nd half of the DL motion, where the weight comes back down, is where you're most at risk for injury if done incorrectly. It's not a good idea to try to control it, better just to let the weight come down naturally.

Anyway, I ditched that stupid gym. Best workout decision of my life.

deep87 07-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

:fulloffuck: this is like going to a construction site and complaining its too loud. Lifting heavy shit and putting it down is gonna make noise. Should have told him where the Yoga studio is. Next time just give him 2$ and tell him to go buy ear plugs or stay home where its quiet.

Excelsis 07-27-2012 05:45 PM

@nns is it that guy who randomly laughed during his workouts too?

nns 07-27-2012 05:55 PM

I don't remember him doing that. He was tall. About 6'2" I'd say, and tan. About 200 lbs I'd wager, maybe more.

Yea, seriously, that guy was uncompromising. He acutally bitched to his buddy, and then that guy came over and decided to complain. His buddy is like "I do more weight than that and I don't make that much noise blah blah". Like wtf, I'm not trying to make noise, it just happens. He'd bitch at me, go back to whatever the hell he was doing, and in the background there would be people chucking their DBs after flat bench - not a word was said to them. Jesus. It's one of those times where you think of the best things to say....but only during the drive home.

strykn 07-27-2012 06:36 PM

Mind you the phaggot calling only works if your jacked

Excelsis 07-27-2012 07:12 PM

strykn get this shirt

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-s...phd_design.png

BrRsn 07-27-2012 07:39 PM

^ where they sell bra?

instantneedles 07-27-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7987642)
Mind you the phaggot calling only works if your jacked

well if you were jacked, they wouldn't approach you in the first place. And this only works if you're strykn.

SkinnyPupp 07-27-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasani604 (Post 7987409)
Thanks for the responses.

I could try the mats but they're usually being used by people stretching. This might cause those people to complain about taking up mats :pokerface:

If he complains to me again even with mats, I'll use the combined consensus which is to stare at him, call him a phaggot (or not say anything), and continue lifting :accepted:

Slamming barbells is fine. Slamming dumbbells is what annoys me. But even then, no need to say anything. If someone wants to be annoying, that's their thing, leave them be

BrRsn 07-27-2012 10:10 PM

So a few pages ago I said I deadlift 405 ... realize now that was a lie ..

so I loaded up the bar with 405 today and repped it raw, just chalk :fuckyea: First time ever, feels damn good man. Dropped the weight and a board on the wall fell down LOL

hal0g0dv2 07-27-2012 11:20 PM

people wanted a front pic, will give em a front pic

http://i45.tinypic.com/ali2ag.jpg

LC21 07-27-2012 11:33 PM

vascular lats.

XplicitLuder 07-27-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7987826)
people wanted a front pic, will give em a front pic

http://i45.tinypic.com/ali2ag.jpg

dasani604 07-28-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7987590)
Which gym is this?

I used to workout at Fitness World in Richmond, and this one white guy was super sensitive over noise. He came up to me on a few occasions complaining about me slamming the weight and hurting his ears when I was DL'ing. It's not like I was dropping the bar after every rep. Even if I did touch and go, the plates clanging on the bar make noise.

It was a 40 year-old tool who wears short shorts, a beater, and some preppy Zach Morris haircut from the 90s.

The worst part is, I would've been happy to try to work things out with him, except the guy came up to me AND ONLY ME out of everyone in the gym. Out of everyone who drops their weights, he decided to single me out.

BTW, I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that it's the 2nd half of the DL motion, where the weight comes back down, is where you're most at risk for injury if done incorrectly. It's not a good idea to try to control it, better just to let the weight come down naturally.

Anyway, I ditched that stupid gym. Best workout decision of my life.

Dunbar Community Centre. The guy who complained to me is around the same age as the guy you had an issue with (most likely not the same guy based on your description of him). My guy only does cardio and random stretches on mats, yet at the same time talks loudly to his friends (I'm assuming they're his friends). It really ticks me off, but I'll just tell him what's up the next time he complains.

cc604 07-28-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 7987687)
^ where they sell bra?

twinmuscleworkout just released them

is there a way to target dif. areas of your traps, with dif. shrug variations/trap exercises? or must you work it as a whole and it will grow all together? me n my friends traps r dif mine are taller n bigger closer to my ears (from deadlifting) & his are more built in the area closer/above the shoulder from a front view, this is the area im trying to target, any1 have some insight on this?