REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Recon604 04-11-2013 12:06 PM

halo why did you edit N.gen's post? :suspicious:

The_Situation 04-11-2013 12:12 PM

Halo actually works for bodybuilding.com. He's not going to let some peasant advertise his referral site.

Fcukedd 04-11-2013 05:03 PM

Fucking lulz at the bench press and the weights

subordinate 04-11-2013 05:26 PM

Thanks Sit, Broken, Instant for the advice.

And good ideas on where to roll - new on this frontier.

And I'll try posting a vid but it'll be tough. Fyi, I didn't hurt my knee from squatting, it was during a full clean.

Definitely conscious of pushing out the knees and bring them back in the similar manner, and trying to be less quad dominant.

I'll give all these rolling techniques / resistance band exercise a try first and go from there. Thanks guys.

ShadowBun 04-11-2013 07:39 PM

BB's new custom rule sucks balls

bnguyen220 04-11-2013 08:06 PM

first time ever seeing a gr3/4 kid working out with a trainer.......

Recon604 04-11-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowBun (Post 8209785)
BB's new custom rule sucks balls

what rule?

hal0g0dv2 04-11-2013 09:37 PM

wow bodybuilding is a joke
You can't buy stuff that last longer then 90 day supply
Wtf is wrong with this world
We landed on the moon
Posted via RS Mobile

Recon604 04-11-2013 10:19 PM

What!? I just placed an order of supplements $300, I guess I might get held up at the border

meowjinboo 04-11-2013 10:20 PM

I want to see a physio for my shoulder. I have a rotater cup injury for the past year that prevents me from doing inverted rows, or makes it painful to kick the weights up.

meowjinboo 04-11-2013 10:22 PM

just so you guys know, alot of stores up here sell US supplements that they get for dirt cheap at canadian prices. This is probably why the rules like this.

Source: I own a supplement store now :) (edit: might add, will be, and the location will be in hinton)

hal0g0dv2 04-11-2013 10:24 PM

Fitness one is still legit tho
Don't ever buy supps but if I do fitness one

Chocolate milk has been kind
Posted via RS Mobile

meowjinboo 04-11-2013 10:29 PM

I have no idea what you are saying halo, but I agree.

instantneedles 04-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8209940)
just so you guys know, alot of stores up here sell US supplements that they get for dirt cheap at canadian prices. This is probably why the rules like this.

Source: I own a supplement store now :) (edit: might add, will be, and the location will be in hinton)

Meowjin we've been good buddies for awhile :ifyouknow:

lol, hookups for the RS crew NAO!

hal0g0dv2 04-11-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8209944)
I have no idea what you are saying halo, but I agree.

Same
Posted via RS Mobile

meowjinboo 04-11-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8209947)
Meowjin we've been good buddies for awhile :ifyouknow:

lol, hookups for the RS crew NAO!

honestly I wouldn't doubt if US prices are still better.

but I'm still in talks with my brother but it looks like it's getting green lit. It will be right across from the gym and we will also be making sandwhiches and shakes.

LC21 04-11-2013 11:05 PM

^
you can make me a sandwich nao? :fullofwin:

The_Situation 04-11-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8209939)
I want to see a physio for my shoulder. I have a rotater cup injury for the past year that prevents me from doing inverted rows, or makes it painful to kick the weights up.

Get some bands and work on your mobility. Injuries like that sideback your mobility to shit. Ever since fucking up my rotator cuff I do a shit load of rotations before any upper body day.

instantneedles 04-11-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8209956)
honestly I wouldn't doubt if US prices are still better.

but I'm still in talks with my brother but it looks like it's getting green lit. It will be right across from the gym and we will also be making sandwhiches and shakes.

US prices are great, but meowjin prices are even better :troll:

On a serious note, what's stopping you guys from opening up a store here in Van?

I'm sure a bunch of us wouldn't mind helping out lol.

Berzerker 04-12-2013 08:47 AM

Sup Brah's??? Berz update....... Well as you saw I kinda fell off the map of RS for awhile. Took a new job that was driving truck all day so I wasn't around the computer much. Still checked in on my phone but posting long posts on it sucks so I tend not to post much. Still was hitting the gym but not with the same frequency only 3 days a week typically. Switched to hypertrophy rather than going for big lifts as well after I tweaked my back doing some 2 plate per side bent over rows with no belt on (after dead lifts stupid I know) Sooooo fast forward to now. Got laid off the new job (awesome right fucking asshole Rosenau Transport) a month ago so I've been back in the gym 5 days a week with a vengeance. I'm up to 215lbs still aesthetic as fuark and still doing hypertrophy lifts. Did the 185lb bench challenge and only managed 15 reps (no vid) but I NEVER do flat bench so I am weak on it. Dunno if I'll get back into lifting real heavy again as it is really hard on the body and at my age I can't afford to get a serious injury. Haven't done any heavy deadlifts or Squats since I tweaked my back and I'm scurred to even try em.
I think I might take up Crossfit now,
Spoiler!

Currently on a bit of a "cut" to try and lose some bf for summer time!

Anyways thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still here and I still read all your shiz so keep lifting heavy ass weight brahs! Maybe when I hop on the bike I'll do some heavy ass lifting again..

Berz out.

L0uie69 04-12-2013 09:57 AM

hey sid, are you still doing c/p deadlifting routine?

J.C 04-12-2013 10:45 AM

Should be back in the gym soon
I feel completely normal except for the lump in my navel
Probably going to focus on mass and size rather then strength for a little while
Posted via RS Mobile

blkgsr 04-12-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8207326)

I've got a similar problem to the picture on the right

my ass sticks out (always has) giving me a "ghetto booty", some people call it hockey butt

my shoulder posture isn't bad but I'm sure could be better

I've been to see RMT's about other issues and questioned them about my pushed forward pelvis and no ones seems to have any answers or methods to fix it.....i can push my hips forward and straighten everything out and it's great cause it also take away my "gut" which is impossible to get rid of the way my pelvis is

any tips?

Sid Vicious 04-12-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0uie69 (Post 8210171)
hey sid, are you still doing c/p deadlifting routine?

nope, ortmayer/magnusson

juts finished 1st week

wuuhoo 04-12-2013 11:11 AM

for you physio, kin people out there, is there any good method to nurse wrist pain? I am having pain on the proximal row/bone (see image) and im not sure what else to do aside from icing it and moving it back and forth.

I havent seen a doctor, but Im sure he might tell me to get a brace/support again. Any tips? I couldnt grip anything couple days back, but its not so bad now. Still cant put significant weight on it though

http://www.eorthopod.com/sites/defau...my_bones01.jpg