REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Hondaracer 11-17-2010 06:30 PM

what kind of numbers are you looking at with good fish oil?

anyone know if costco carries any good liquid form?

SkinnyPupp 11-17-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7190820)
what kind of numbers are you looking at with good fish oil?

anyone know if costco carries any good liquid form?

This is the best capsule form fish oil I've come across that is reasonably priced.

This is even more concentrated, but too expensive to be worth it.

Just to clarify:

Per PILL:

Now Super EPA:
360mg EPA
240mg DHA

Pills needed to hit 3000mg DHA: 12.5 per day

Normal Fish Oil (anything you'd find at Costco or whatever)
180mg EPA
120mg DHA

Pills needed to hit 3000mg DHA: 25 per day

Also liquid:

Ascenta NutraSea Original LIQUID
(per TEASPOON)

750mg EPA
500mg DHA

Needed to hit 3000mg DHA: 6 teaspoons per day

So would you rather take 25 pills per day, or 2 tablespoons?

THen you can break it down by price.

Using bb.com

Ascenta: $33 per bottle, 100 spoons, 6 spoons per day = $1.98 per day
NOW Super EPA: $21 per bottle, 240 pills, 12 pills per day = $1.05 per day
Cheap Supplements Fish Oil: $7 per bottle, 180 pills, 25 pills per day = $0.97

So it's up to you if you want to pay $0.08 per day to be able to take half the amount of pills, or spend an extra $1 per day in order to take no pills at all. That's why I take a combination of liquid and NOW Super EPA. Overall it takes about $1.50 per day, and is very convenient.

hal0g0dv2 11-17-2010 06:51 PM

i go threw fish oil like water, same with coconut milk, sometimes i bust open a can and drink that all and pop 4 fish oil lol

DC5-S 11-17-2010 08:27 PM

Legs day today did 5 sets of squats, 5 sets of leg press etc.. threw up driving home on the highway.. fuck that was dangerous lol.. threw up all over myself fuuuuuuuu :(..

on a side note, today I had a little contest at work.. this guy same height as me about 10 lbs heavier was able to lift me up a bit by putting his hands on my armpits, but I couldnt do him.. but i know for sure im stronger then him in the gym.. hes just fatter which is why he weighed more.. but wtf does being strong in gym do nothing for real world strength?

jeffh 11-17-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7191012)
Legs day today did 5 sets of squats, 5 sets of leg press etc.. threw up driving home on the highway.. fuck that was dangerous lol.. threw up all over myself fuuuuuuuu :(..

on a side note, today I had a little contest at work.. this guy same height as me about 10 lbs heavier was able to lift me up a bit by putting his hands on my armpits, but I couldnt do him.. but i know for sure im stronger then him in the gym.. hes just fatter which is why he weighed more.. but wtf does being strong in gym do nothing for real world strength?

haha i did chest and legs too
i only ever want to puke on myself for the first 5 seconds after a heavy lift, not half an hour later!!

gym strength is weird strength, my monkeys still pwn me at arm wrestles at work :(

gdoh 11-18-2010 05:49 AM

DC5-S: gym strength in real world is pretty useless id just use it to stay in shape and look good. in fights the only thing i think its good for is being able to take a guy down and then u better hope he doesnt know bjj cuz then ur fucked

ws6ta 11-18-2010 07:43 AM

so why does that happen? legs day makes people want to puke? i've puked before but never understood WHY it actually happens

Spidey 11-18-2010 07:57 AM

Did rep blast 1000+ rep body weight workout yesterday with clients

circuit style workout(no rest until exercises from the top to bottom are done.:

5x20 pushups
5x20 squats
5x20 crunches
5x50 bike crunches
5x20 bicep curls 40lb bbell
5x20 dips

6th set of circuit was maxed out:
1x65 pushups
1x71 squats
1x51 dips
1x100 bike crunches
1x100 crunches
1x50 bicep curls 15lb dbells

chinup blast(no cheating kicking, from dead full extension):
set 1: 20
set 2: 12
set 3: 10
set 4: 6
set 5: 4
set 6: 4

I don't know why for pullups/chinups there is such a huge fatigue factor from first-2nd set.

hal0g0dv2 11-18-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7191546)
so why does that happen? legs day makes people want to puke? i've puked before but never understood WHY it actually happens

i think it could be from, when u lift a heavy weight under huge pressure, like a squat you are pushing all this testosterone and endorphins around, i dono that is what i have herd,
that is why it is good to do heave movements, promotes growth, unlike a 1 leg 1 dunbell squat while standing on your tippy toes in the plank position lol

hal0g0dv2 11-18-2010 09:19 AM

shit double

!Yaminashi 11-18-2010 09:28 AM

^You can delete your double post since you're a mod ;)

Matlock 11-18-2010 09:35 AM

lol you guys remind me of this one.
I've never puked while squatting.

Alphamale 11-18-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7191012)

All about training for muscle memory/reflexes.

That's why people do lumberjack workouts, it's like REAL WORLD strength.

Matlock 11-18-2010 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
^The muscles which you can't normally see often contribute to strength. You also have to consider the tendons, ligaments, and bones. (All which can be trained, much like muscle)

Weight has little to do with it. For every person that is stronger and heavier than you, there probably is a person who is stronger and lighter than you.

Has no one seriously read this book? It's my favorite book of all time. Find it, buy it, or download it. It's the most useful read for strength.

hal0g0dv2 11-18-2010 11:13 AM

!

strykn 11-18-2010 12:45 PM

Gained 3lbs since october 1st .... 11 more to go!

StealthFighter 11-18-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7191616)
i think it could be from, when u lift a heavy weight under huge pressure, like a squat you are pushing all this testosterone and endorphins around, i dono that is what i have herd,
that is why it is good to do heave movements, promotes growth, unlike a 1 leg 1 dunbell squat while standing on your tippy toes in the plank position lol

i've always thought it was because your body can't get rid of the lactic acid buildup in your body, so it purges itself.

nns 11-18-2010 09:21 PM

Those of you who use Fatgripz, can you describe how it's working out for you? Better/worse?

DC5-S 11-18-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7192717)
Those of you who use Fatgripz, can you describe how it's working out for you? Better/worse?

its okay nothing special.. i use it for hammer curls and farmer walk

Spidey 11-18-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7192717)

that is the only scientific reason i have found so far... everything else is only theory/speculation

SkinnyPupp 11-18-2010 10:52 PM

Tried SuperPump 250 today. I don't know if it's due to the timing, or not enough food this morning, but I felt like crap doing my workout today. I had to do my single leg deadlifts first, and after that I was almost done. Still got through it, but man it was a struggle. Definitely not what I had expected.

I'll give it a few more tries of course.
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 11-18-2010 11:04 PM

i always find pre workout stuff if always best on empty gut, but like mid day with lots of food in you

!Yaminashi 11-18-2010 11:39 PM

Preworkout works best on an empty stomach for sure.
Anyone here taking gainer? I'm thinking of taking some again
Due to my boss not liking me "eating too much" at work, therefore
I'm not getting the calories I need to gain, and its already hard for me
To gain in the first place. I worry most about gaining too much of a gut. Thoughts? Opinions?

I know gainer is loaded with sugar but maybe you guys know of some that have lower amounts?Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 11-18-2010 11:52 PM

I usually go to the gym about 2 - 3 hours after I get up. I have tried various means of eating, from high carb to no carb. I find that a light breakfast with a lot of fat works best. Lots of eggs in a protein shake for instance. I'll try adding oatmeal next time.

I probably just didn't get enough sleep.
Posted via RS Mobile

JSilver 11-19-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7192988)
Preworkout works best on an empty stomach for sure.
Anyone here taking gainer? I'm thinking of taking some again
Due to my boss not liking me "eating too much" at work, therefore
I'm not getting the calories I need to gain, and its already hard for me
To gain in the first place. I worry most about gaining too much of a gut. Thoughts? Opinions?

I know gainer is loaded with sugar but maybe you guys know of some that have lower amounts?Posted via RS Mobile

I use to take gainer but it started giving me a lot of gas. I think you'll be fine as long as your consistently going at the gym hard (As you should be), so the gut shouldn't be an issue imo. I have a 12 lbs bag of ON Serious Mass. PM if your interested.