REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

BlueTeg 01-04-2013 08:38 PM

I finally found a thread, where a bunch of men admire each others' glistening, sweaty bodies! Are you guys sure you don't play on the same team as me? Where do you guys all work out, so I can join :). Just broke up with my long term partner, and since it's the new year, I guess it's time to pump some weights1

Recon604 01-04-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 8123441)
I finally found a thread, where a bunch of men admire each others' glistening, sweaty bodies! Are you guys sure you don't play on the same team as me? Where do you guys all work out, so I can join :). Just broke up with my long term partner, and since it's the new year, I guess it's time to pump some weights1

thanks but no thanks

hotong 01-04-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...eoYoTtzEi818kw

Recon604 01-04-2013 08:58 PM

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...gay_called.jpg

Excelsis 01-04-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

just because you change your avatar doesn't mean your old posts are gone :badpokerface:

instantneedles 01-04-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

I finally found a thread, where a bunch of men admire each others' glistening, sweaty bodies!

:heckno:

Quote:

Are you guys sure you don't play on the same team as me? Where do you guys all work out, so I can join :). Just broke up with my long term partner,
by long term partner do you mean work out partner? if so, then you can stay away from me in the gym :heckno:

Quote:

and since it's the new year, I guess it's time to pump some weights1
:facepalm:

Recon604 01-04-2013 09:39 PM

careful dont drop the soap !

Spidey 01-04-2013 09:48 PM

Spidey 01-04-2013 09:49 PM

umm yea, no thanks buddy

PK6o4* 01-04-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFitTrain (Post 8122491)
Use a wider grip for close grip bench. Your grip doesn't need to be super close to get tricep activation. It's really easy for the wrists to roll back when benching heavy, I'm guilty of that too. Try to keep your wrists a bit straighter and locked. I find wrist wraps helpful.

yea was thinking of wraps, i borrowed it from a buddy once and my forearms/wrists felt like tree trunks and i could fully focus on pushing instead of holding the weight, but for now gonna take yours and stealthy's advice and grip it wider, thanks!

@Stealthy
damn my grip was too close, hands on smooth part, pinkys on rough part, gonna move pinkys to first ring, thanks again

@Sid Vicious
no vids but thanks for the reply, im assuming you front squat with a clean-grip? that shit hurts my wrist like crazy im guessing lack of wrist flexibility, cross arm works good for me tho, just started front squatting this year lol

any1 here try closegrip bench with an ez curl bar? ppl say it puts the wrist in a more natural position and hits the tris hard, most likely need a spotter tho bcz nowhere to rack the bar
Posted via RS Mobile

BlueTeg 01-04-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 8123454)
just because you change your avatar doesn't mean your old posts are gone :badpokerface:

I just learned how to add an "avatar", hun. I don't think I had a picture on there before, did I?

My old posts?

PK6o4* 01-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

no thanks jeff...
Posted via RS Mobile

BlueTeg 01-04-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK6o4* (Post 8123530)
no thanks jeff...
Posted via RS Mobile

Who's Jeff? Am I missing something here?

Recon604 01-05-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 8123529)
I just learned how to add an "avatar", hun. I don't think I had a picture on there before, did I?

My old posts?

alpha, he called you "hun"...

sorry blueteg, I am feeling little uncomfortable. Could you please unregister your account?

BlueTeg 01-05-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon604 (Post 8123778)
alpha, he called you "hun"...

sorry blueteg, I am feeling little uncomfortable. Could you please unregister your account?

No I will not, just because you are a homophobic bully.

jasonturbo 01-05-2013 10:36 AM

I would like to say that I hate Steve Nash Fitness world with a passion, specifically the North Shore and Brentwood locations.

North Shore: Old ass haggard equipment, and not in the good way.
Brentwood: New equipment, but who the #&$^ picked this junk out??? Parking fail, and some of the equipment is too close to other equipment - IE: Decline bench is too close to back extension bench so doing skull crushers on decline is net to impossible, especially if anyone is on the extension bench.

/End Rant, can anyone suggest a better gym on the North Shore? I'm probably going to check out gold's today.

I know I sound like a whiney bitch, but when the quality of the equipment affects my workout in a negative way (Even in the slightest) I have to wonder why I am paying what I pay.

strykn 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 8122878)
I need a new routine. Bad. If I wasn't just goign to bed i'd post what I currently do.

get your diet worked out b4 routine imo ( assuming ur changing because ur not happy with progress/ results)

Spidey 01-05-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8123898)
I would like to say that I hate Steve Nash Fitness world with a passion, specifically the North Shore and Brentwood locations.

North Shore: Old ass haggard equipment, and not in the good way.
Brentwood: New equipment, but who the #&$^ picked this junk out??? Parking fail, and some of the equipment is too close to other equipment - IE: Decline bench is too close to back extension bench so doing skull crushers on decline is net to impossible, especially if anyone is on the extension bench.

/End Rant, can anyone suggest a better gym on the North Shore? I'm probably going to check out gold's today.

I know I sound like a whiney bitch, but when the quality of the equipment affects my workout in a negative way (Even in the slightest) I have to wonder why I am paying what I pay.

welcome to all steve nash fitness worlds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 8122878)
I need a new routine. Bad. If I wasn't just goign to bed i'd post what I currently do.

well until you post your routine, i doubt anyone will be able to help you, without knowing what you are currently doing.

alwayslive 01-05-2013 02:24 PM

anyone work out at the langara ymca? How is the equipment and how much is it per month?
Posted via RS Mobile

Fcukedd 01-05-2013 02:54 PM

I just found a sealed sample bottle of Cell Mass I forgot I had in my cupboard (which expires in 3 months from now). I opened the bottle, and the powder seemed to harden. Just wondering if anyone knew if it's still good to use

spideyv2 01-05-2013 03:07 PM

Lol at all the homophobic phaggots ITT

Inb4 Op's a phaggot
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 01-05-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 8124067)
I just found a sealed sample bottle of Cell Mass I forgot I had in my cupboard (which expires in 3 months from now). I opened the bottle, and the powder seemed to harden. Just wondering if anyone knew if it's still good to use

yeah its fine allot of mine go hard no homo cause i store then over the stove cabinet

hal0g0dv2 01-05-2013 03:50 PM

Shoulders today

Reverse peck deck, 4 sets up to 145 10 reps
seated mill press mill press on smith, 4 sets 2 plates per side 8 reps
stand flys started with 10 pounds all the way up to 25 4 sets
up right rows with 45 plate tried no to move body at all just arms 4 sets
finished with plate raises

RRxtar 01-05-2013 04:08 PM

squarts and deadlifts last nite. shoveled snow all day today. quick brb to hit the gym to smash arms. then back to shoveling snow tonight.

#whatsyourexcuse

jasonturbo 01-05-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8124141)
squarts and deadlifts last nite. shoveled snow all day today. quick brb to hit the gym to smash arms. then back to shoveling snow tonight.

#whatsyourexcuse

#backinjury

#sissy

#alloutofsuperpump

#justgayingeneral

#warmclimate

?