REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

CivicBlues 03-27-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8980183)
What's wrong with them exactly? It looks like there's no ear loops but that could just be the picture. Also I can't tell whether there's a nose bridge metal or not...

It's likely that they were taken from a huge box and then wrapped in smaller bundles for sale on Amazon.

If they're 3 layer they should be OK to use. At the very least, they will be "better than nothing". You could tie a few layers of paper towel around your face and it would be somewhat effective.

I guess there's nothing wrong with the masks per se. All the 1 star reviews are all just variations of "OMG they're from ChInAR!!! not USA like they said it would be!"

SkinnyPupp 03-27-2020 02:39 PM

One way to estimate the actual death toll in Wuhan: Count the number of urns being distributed to mortuaries. 500 urns a day X 8 mortuaries = at least 40K dead (official number: 2500)

Hehe 03-27-2020 03:44 PM

Yeah... China's number is definitely fake.

Countries with far lower health system load and better medical capabilities are reporting recovering rate of less than 10% of the total infected. However, according to China, their own recovery rate is over 70%. Something just doesn't add up there.

Either China is not telling the whole story or they actually have a cure to it and not sharing (conspiracy say that this would verify them as the virus as lab created). There's no way that their number is SO different than every other country in the world.

westopher 03-27-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-vtecyo (Post 8980190)
https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-...o-south-korea/

Are you fucken serious? BC isnt even fully testing everyone so in a way they are artificially keeping their numbers down. I know a few people who have moderate symptoms and were in contact with ppl who was tested positive from work, but they were told they cant be tested because all the resources and testing kits are being pooled towards health care workers, geriatric population and those who are higher risk due to medical/health reasons. So there are probably more than a few hundred people who are positive but just havent been tested nor counted circulating around out there in BC and our government is boasting and comparing ourselves to South korea where they have better, faster and more testing than any country in the world. What a fucken joke.

It’s already been stated that if you have symptoms and have been in contact with a confirmed case you would be counted in the number of cases.

Badhobz 03-27-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8980199)
One way to estimate the actual death toll in Wuhan: Count the number of urns being distributed to mortuaries. 500 urns a day X 8 mortuaries = at least 40K dead (official number: 2500)

Why do you always have such a fucking hard on for China ?
Who gives a shit about China when this shit is in our own backyard. You’re about as bad as welfare and manic Talking about Trudeau.

Manic! 03-27-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8980221)
Who gives a shit about China when this shit is in our own backyard. You’re about as bad as welfare and manic Talking about Trudeau.

His backyard is China. Look at his location.

SkinnyPupp 03-27-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8980221)

Because 100% of the reason we're in here is because of their lies

Also there's tons of propaganda coming out of there, and that has to be fought back against with truth

BTW my issue is with the CCP, not Chinese people. In fact it was citizens who tried to blow the whistle and were arrested for it. They tried to save the world. They are heroes fighting villains, and were defeated.

It's like asking someone in the 30's why they have an issue with Nazis... like seriously just stop going here if you want to be blind.

Badhobz 03-27-2020 05:40 PM

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. Look at the response from all the other countries. They either failed to act or covered it up similarly to what China did. Nobody wants to acknowledge this shit. It’ll cause panic, economic recession and instability.

SkinnyPupp 03-27-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8980225)
Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. Look at the response from all the other countries. They either failed to act or covered it up similarly to what China did. Nobody wants to acknowledge this shit. It’ll cause panic, economic recession and instability.

All the other countries based their reactions on WHO guidelines, as always, which were "there is no human to human transmission" and "don't block your borders to China"

Some countries did anyway (Taiwan, Singapore, Macau, HK after the strike) and look where they were compared to the countries that didn't. Now they're suffering from the second wave now that it spread around the world.

jjson 03-27-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8980206)
Yeah... China's number is definitely fake.

Countries with far lower health system load and better medical capabilities are reporting recovering rate of less than 10% of the total infected. However, according to China, their own recovery rate is over 70%. Something just doesn't add up there.

Either China is not telling the whole story or they actually have a cure to it and not sharing (conspiracy say that this would verify them as the virus as lab created). There's no way that their number is SO different than every other country in the world.

That is correct. China's numbers are fake for sure. Also, look at the telecommunications company reports of the 20+ million missing accounts from Jan to Feb.

Badhobz 03-27-2020 06:01 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/6741258/b...ast-modelling/

Looks like our curve is flattening a bit ? I don’t know if I believe it since so many people aren’t tested and are just staying home riding it out. My friend‘s friend felt sick, called 811 and they told him to stay at home. It’s been 2 weeks and now his wife is sick too and still no testing. young guy too.

https://www.aldergrovestar.com/news/...-for-covid-19/

Why the fuck are they keeping the mall open when most stores are closed ?!?

asian_XL 03-27-2020 06:05 PM

boris johnson got infected. FailFish

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52060791

MG1 03-27-2020 06:08 PM

By any chance, does your friend's friend who knows friends vape? Just wAndering...........

MG1 03-27-2020 06:19 PM

That's the third time it's been posted in this thread.

People, BORIS has been infected!!!!

So has Prince Charles, and a whole host of people. Now if the Pope was infected, then eighteen posts wouldn't be enough........... wait........ I take that back. If DOTARD got infected, a lot, I mean a lot of people would be yelling it from the mountains.

Go tell it on the mountain
Over the hills and everywhere
Go tell it on the mountain........... blah, blah, blah

Fake News

ilovebacon 03-27-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8980170)
So I purchased these off Amazon about 2 weeks ago before any of the 1 star reviews came pouring in:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They finally came today and basically what I got was this in plastic, no box. So yeah, I was scammed:
Attachment 31159

photo is from amazon reviews, but mine are basically the same, just individually wrapped in plastic

Use or No?

They looked unused.

JSALES 03-27-2020 06:54 PM

There was a large fleet of first responders from VPD, transit police, paramedics and others who drove by VGH at 7 pm with their lights and sirens on. Pretty cool

MG1 03-27-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovebacon (Post 8980243)
They looked unused.

I think he meant, "Should I use it or not use it."

Badhobz 03-27-2020 07:01 PM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-19-1.5513137

Jesus. The economical ramifications are huge. Everything is tanking.

MG1 03-27-2020 07:10 PM

Yup, the world is never going to be the same again.

Trust is something that's going to be a rare thing in days to come. Politicians have failed the people they are supposed to represent, serve, and protect.

welfare 03-27-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8980248)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-19-1.5513137

Jesus. The economical ramifications are huge. Everything is tanking.

Including Canadian crude.

https://business.financialpost.com/c...-face-shut-ins
Quote:

CALGARY – Canadian heavy oil prices plunged to a new low on Friday that could force domestic oilsands sector to shut in production to survive the historic collapse, according to a new report from Wood Mackenzie.

The price of Western Canada Select, the domestic heavy oil benchmark, followed up a brutal 30 per cent plunge on Thursday with another 28 per cent fall on Friday to reach US$4.58 per barrel — just a fraction of other price benchmarks.

J____ 03-27-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8980087)
Just came across a youtube video that was taken at wuhan wet market Jan 2020. I kind of get it now........

Spoiler for a reason. Not for those who are squeamish.

Spoiler!

that's not even china. Most likely some SEasian country. That plate on the bike isn't chinese and those people don't really look chinese.

MG1 03-27-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J____ (Post 8980267)
that's not even china. Most likely some SEasian country. That plate on the bike isn't chinese and those people don't really look chinese.

Like I said earlier in a reply to skinny.............. most likely Indonesia. Dude shouldn't post in title it is from Wuhan.

So fake, like everything on this planet these days. Oh well, par for the course.

J____ 03-27-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8980087)
Just came across a youtube video that was taken at wuhan wet market Jan 2020. I kind of get it now........

Spoiler for a reason. Not for those who are squeamish.

Spoiler!

MG1 03-27-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J____ (Post 8980267)

Like I said earlier in a reply to skinny.............. most likely Indonesia. Dude shouldn't post in title it is from Wuhan.

So fake, like everything on this planet these days. Oh well, par for the course.

AzNightmare 03-28-2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8980170)
So I purchased these off Amazon about 2 weeks ago before any of the 1 star reviews came pouring in:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They finally came today and basically what I got was this in plastic, no box. So yeah, I was scammed:
Attachment 31159

photo is from amazon reviews, but mine are basically the same, just individually wrapped in plastic

Use or No?

They're probably ok to use, especially if you need them.
But I get it, I hate BS like that. It's the principle and the seller deserves all the 1 star reviews. Don't advertise a specific brand and show a box if that's not what they're shipping.