REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #226
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,515 Times in 4,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Maybe you should go eat from the Bannock food truck to do your part in reconciliation while you’re at it
https://ueat.utoronto.ca/a-history-of-bannock/

Plus, the food truck could be owned by a Hungarian, for all we know.

Just Saiyan...............
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:25 PM   #227
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Spoiler!
The fucking worst is the tactic of getting a guilty plea when there is little to no evidence (they don’t want to let someone get away regardless whether their innocent or not). They’ll threaten crazy charges, convince them they’re fucked and they’ll accept a plea deal. They don’t realize how it will fuck their life up after their sentence.

The levels of “the blue line” is insane
Old 06-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #228
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
The fucking worst is the tactic of getting a guilty plea when there is little to no evidence (they don’t want to let someone get away regardless whether their innocent or not). They’ll threaten crazy charges, convince them they’re fucked and they’ll accept a plea deal. They don’t realize how it will fuck their life up after their sentence.

The levels of “the blue line” is insane
Exactly. It's almost like a game to them, meanwhile they are playing with people's lives here.

Once again I pose, to the people complaining about violence in these protests. Have you not seen the videos of undercover cops breaking windows, and reports of white supremacist groups joining in on the looting and destruction?

Hehe, I saw you supporting the HK protests, knowing full well every protest is ALWAYS infiltrated by groups that want to remove legitimacy from the movement and message.

These tactics are not new, and have always been used as a means to respond with violence by the authorities, while also changing the topic on the very issue at hand. Why are the protesters being treated like a monolith, simply because some anarchists want to loot?

You've spent more time in this thread condemning the protests, rather then addressing why they're protesting in the first place.

You want to know why people are having such a visceral reaction to this, and why I personally think the police are inciting much of this?

Look no further then a few weeks ago in Michigan. We had armed white men who were able to march on the capitol, brandishing their weapons, and enter the legislature with complete impunity. Not a single rubber bullet, not a single can of tear gas was fired.

Meanwhile we have peaceful protesters being shot in the face with rubber bullets, tear gas, journalists being assaulted, cops running people over in SUVs, you name it. We are seeing a complete and total disproportion of reaction by police to two different groups of people.

Trump's stunt with his riot cops, attacking peaceful protests Lafayette square is a perfect example of that.

Violence begets violence, plain and simple, you reap what you sow.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #229
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
you reap what you sow.
you as in other minorities who run small businesses with tight margins?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #230
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
you as in other minorities who run small businesses with tight margins?
Who said margins are tight?
Old 06-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #231
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
Twitchy, you're putting forth an argument that not one person said they support.

No one has said targeting small business is good, luckily there is insurance for that. Once again, you are alleging that the people attacking the small businesses are the protesters, when we've seen obvious cases against that.

Let me leave this here, this is right from Minnesota.

The first business in the video that was ransacked, we see clearly on the video the kids entering and ransacking the store were white kids, apparently from out of town.

You say you worry about the small business owners, when there's a small business owner right in the belly of the beast in Minneapolis, the local protesters are defending the store. Look at how the police are treating people in the video, attacking the very owner and the locals defending the place.

Doesn't seem to me the police care about the small business owners.

They police literally roll up and shoot rubber bullets and pepper spray at the owner defending his store, and into the business itself. They also shoot journalists covering the event right in their face while laying harmlessly on the ground.

What kind of people are these officers? What kind of culture has been created in these forces to think that this is acceptable?

To think that this militaristic practice of enforcement, which I may have you all hearken back to the methods the colonial American forces in the Philippines and Caribbean had utilized in the early 20th century.

When you watch these events, how anyone is surprised people are turning violent completely mystifies me. You expect people to simply bend over and take that treatment, then?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #232
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,821 Times in 2,505 Posts
2 cops' expressions

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...m_medium=web2x

and as usual the reddit comments

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #233
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts

Not sure if this was posted yet (this thread moves fast).
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:06 PM   #234
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
This is a long watch, but if you've been waiting to hear what a leader SHOULD say, look to.... The Rock? yup

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #235
My homepage has been set to RS

the rock's head looks like a giant egg
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #236
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
It's interesting how welfare's secondary account comes out in times like these.

Do you care, welfare? Do you actually care if I go down the list of items I'd like to see concrete change in, and addressed?

I won't even delve into the issues as a result of red-lining, the lack pf parity in the justice system when it comes to those that are white versus black, to the issues of income in-equality and the systemic Jim Crow laws that the US government has had in place to put these communities in the position they are in today. If I knew you cared, perhaps I would put together in essay discussing these topics.

Very simply to answer your question on the highest scale, accountability.

You know why we keep seeing these videos? You know why that officer was able to stone face look at bystanders watching him slowly kill a man? Lack of accountability, impunity, he knew that he would not be held accountable under normal circumstances.

I want to see officers punished to the full extent of the law in every scenario where this happens going forward.

The medical examiner that attempted to exonerate the force by fudging his assessment that George passed away due to a "pre-existing" condition. It took independent examiners to clearly prove that this was not the case. Even in such a high profile case such as this one, the law is still attempting to resort to their trickery and lies.

Do you know how often this occurs in cases? Too many to call here.

I've spoken about the DA's in Georgia that attempted to cover up the Arbery shooting.

To the prosecutors that throw black men in jail under false charges, or trumped up confessions, to the judges that sentence these men, there is rot in every facet of the system here.

So please clarify to me, what do you require me to expound on in terms of what I'd like to see change? In fact, let me pose you a question. Tell me specifically, what do you know about this very subject?

I agree that accountability is crucial. Law is what our society is based on, and everyone should abide the same law.

The reason I have different opinion of what's going on in the US vs. HK is this very issue. And it's the very same idea how I am making my statements.

HK has no choice. They have a gov't who isn't willing to have dialogue. After all, they do whatever Beijing says, and if Beijing is letting Lam to change stance, nothing will change. So, going on the street, even if there's the risk people rioting, one'd just take it. Because that is the last resort. The protestors in HK made their requests loud and clear. Beijing NEVER had a dialogue. It abandoned the proposal because it gave up. But it's clear that Beijing doesn't want ANY dialogue whatsoever because it doesn't want to set a precedent of "things are negotiable".

Now turn to the US, what requests did the protestors or writer made? I'm sorry... other than #BlackLivesMatter, I didn't see shit. The people just started looting because the opportunity it gave them. IT IS THEM who doesn't want to have a dialogue, NOT the government.

That's why I suggested that if the dems had any cojones, they'd announce that anyone arrested for looting or rioting WOULD be prosecuted to the MAXIMUM EXTENT the law permits.

I'm just asking the full accountability to go both way. Because this is the only way we'd protect our society; that the law apply the same way to everyone, no matter what side you are on... right or wrong.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #237
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
https://globalnews.ca/news/7024541/g...opsy-covid-19/

Quote:
The report by Chief Medical Examiner Andrew Baker spelled out clinical details, including that Floyd had tested positive for COVID-19 on April 3 but appeared asymptomatic. The report also noted Floyd’s lungs appeared healthy but he had some narrowing of arteries in the heart.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:16 PM   #238
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
wheres his eyebrows?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post

Now turn to the US, what requests did the protestors or writer made? I'm sorry... other than #BlackLivesMatter, I didn't see shit.
Are you blind? Yor already asked and it was answered on page 6.

You think trump is going to listen to anyone?
Old 06-03-2020, 11:30 PM   #240

Hasan goes in on Asians.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #241
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Hasan goes in on Asians.
This is really good, raw and honest. Thank you for this.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #242
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I've noticed on FB some people asking about which restaurants and stores are "black operated" so they can go eat and buy stuff in support.

https://www.afrobiz.ca/Vancouver/res...t-hmZSHITYIRz0

Thoughts?
I've tried a number of these places and I'm pretty sure at least a couple of these establishments are owned by ethnic-Indians as in they were part of the Indian diaspora that emigrated from East Africa.

I think the creator of this just filtered by "African Restaurants" and assumed they were all black owned.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 09:45 AM   #243
SiRVs up, dude

This was an amazing article written by an Asian American about why we should care (assuming this might be relevant to other Asians here)

https://chineseamerican.org/p/31571?...ShMMzS04znZtio
Old 06-04-2020, 12:20 PM   #244
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What's everyone's thoughts on the planned protest at the Vancouver convention center tomorrow.

Do these protestors forget were in a fucking pandemic? My ass has been home doing my part while we have thousands making they're way downtown in crowded skytrains.

All of our commendable work in keeping the infection rate low goes down the toilet with these idiots.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #245
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on the planned protest at the Vancouver convention center tomorrow.

Do these protestors forget were in a fucking pandemic? My ass has been home doing my part while we have thousands making they're way downtown in crowded skytrains.

All of our commendable work in keeping the infection rate low goes down the toilet with these idiots.

That group of SJW's need to wear masks!
Old 06-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #246
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Health experts agree that 'white supremacy' is a health crisis that overrides the risks of coronavirus.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rs-to-continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Health experts agree that 'white supremacy' is a health crisis that overrides the risks of coronavirus.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rs-to-continue
Getting a hair cut trumps everything else in the world.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #248
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
What I don't get is why ppl are acting as if we're Americans...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:32 PM   #249

Old 06-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #250
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
It's interesting how welfare's secondary account comes out in times like these.

Do you care, welfare? Do you actually care if I go down the list of items I'd like to see concrete change in, and addressed?

I won't even delve into the issues as a result of red-lining, the lack pf parity in the justice system when it comes to those that are white versus black, to the issues of income in-equality and the systemic Jim Crow laws that the US government has had in place to put these communities in the position they are in today. If I knew you cared, perhaps I would put together in essay discussing these topics.

Very simply to answer your question on the highest scale, accountability.

You know why we keep seeing these videos? You know why that officer was able to stone face look at bystanders watching him slowly kill a man? Lack of accountability, impunity, he knew that he would not be held accountable under normal circumstances.

I want to see officers punished to the full extent of the law in every scenario where this happens going forward.

The medical examiner that attempted to exonerate the force by fudging his assessment that George passed away due to a "pre-existing" condition. It took independent examiners to clearly prove that this was not the case. Even in such a high profile case such as this one, the law is still attempting to resort to their trickery and lies.

Do you know how often this occurs in cases? Too many to call here.

I've spoken about the DA's in Georgia that attempted to cover up the Arbery shooting.

To the prosecutors that throw black men in jail under false charges, or trumped up confessions, to the judges that sentence these men, there is rot in every facet of the system here.

So please clarify to me, what do you require me to expound on in terms of what I'd like to see change? In fact, let me pose you a question. Tell me specifically, what do you know about this very subject?

Didn't you call me an alt-right Russian bot first?

I don't know much about this subject. I just think police brutality is bad.

Here's an interesting perspective for you:

birddog3k is offline   Reply With Quote