REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #301
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
All 57 members of the Boston ERT resigned after the incident where the 75 year old man was shoved down for no reason. Not for good reasons, but because they don't like how the two officers "who were following orders" are being treated. At least they're making it easier to clear out the shitty cops.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...aPq9CjMrVdsjHo
Good they can fuck off. Don't let them come back. If they can't see how wrong that was, they shouldn't be police in the first place.

The whole police system needs to be rebooted bit by bit, city by city. I am actually somewhat hopeful that can happen, because America is set up to be able to do that. They're already moving towards it in Minnesota.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #302

NFL: "We admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest"

After some players made this video calling them out (including Patrick Mahomes, the face of the league)

Old 06-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #303
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Fuck the NFL, they had chance after chance to make it right and actively went in the other direction.

Fuck Buffalo’s ERT.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Fuck the NFL, they had chance after chance to make it right and actively went in the other direction.

Fuck Buffalo’s ERT.
I agree but it shouldn't ever be too late to try to change. If we don't let someone who fucked up try to make up for it, what are we even trying to do?

The fact that they literally admitted they were wrong is a pretty huge thing, and if they hadn't said that, people would have every right to be all over them about any other statements made.

They still need to follow up of course, and deserve to be called out if they don't, and action should be taken by players and fans if they don't. But if they do, things are starting to change a bit. These small steps add up.

First thing they need to do is get more black people in management, both in the league and in teams. The players are 70% black, but league management is obviously not.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #305
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
The NFL only cares about making money. They have no issues exploiting the US education system and taxpayer funding, or employing spousal abusers, animal abusers and rapists.

At best they're doing this to try to keep the players happy since they realized a large number of the players are black and they don't have much of a product to sell without them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #306

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Went to the BLM protest in Nanaimo. The crowd was way bigger than I expected. everyone was wearing masks. A lot of great speeches and some sad stories.

The sign I made. (black and red)

Old 06-05-2020, 06:23 PM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The NFL only cares about making money. They have no issues exploiting the US education system and taxpayer funding, or employing spousal abusers, animal abusers and rapists.

At best they're doing this to try to keep the players happy since they realized a large number of the players are black and they don't have much of a product to sell without them.
I agree, but every corporation only really cares about making money. What can be done with that money? Also NFL is a cultural influencer in America (don't know how else to put it, that sounds weird but I think you get what I mean). They made it "OK" to oppose peaceful protesting, and are now saying how wrong that was.

I mean it's not like "we won, let's all go home now" but I think this was a positive sign in the right direction. Those need to be pointed out too, otherwise we'd just be talking about the police brutality on protesters, and violent looters over and over again that surround this whole thing.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #308
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Jordan pledged $100 million to racial equality education charities, which is surprising since he's always remained low key
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #309

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:

Fuck Buffalo’s ERT.
NFL can suck a fucking dick. As underscore said, they look the other way when it comes to animal abuse, rape, domestic violence, racism, while vilifying non violent protest, and completely ignoring the health issues that the players suffer due to them pumping them full of drugs to make it through a game and ignoring TBIs in the game. As soon as they realize their greed is going to cost them 75% of their "employees" they shit their pants and pretend to care. Bunch of fucking cunts.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #310
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,281 Times in 1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
So if someone broke in and stole their tape collection, who would they call? Klein Lyons?

Regarding the NFL, I hated that it was a tax exempt entity but they gave up that status only 5 years ago...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #311
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
Colin Kaepernick is the new Nelson Mandela. His down on one knee is now THE symbol of the movement! Let's see if he becomes the next NFL commissioner.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #312

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
So if someone broke in and stole their tape collection, who would they call? Klein Lyons?
Calling the cops on something like that is pointless. I didn't even call last time something like that happened at our store.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Colin Kaepernick is the new Nelson Mandela. His down on one knee is now THE symbol of the movement! Let's see if he becomes the next NFL commissioner.
The commissioner in major sports leagues is basically the main representative of the team owners. Kaepernick is like the last guy the owners would want as commissioner.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I agree but it shouldn't ever be too late to try to change. If we don't let someone who fucked up try to make up for it, what are we even trying to do?

The fact that they literally admitted they were wrong is a pretty huge thing, and if they hadn't said that, people would have every right to be all over them about any other statements made.

They still need to follow up of course, and deserve to be called out if they don't, and action should be taken by players and fans if they don't. But if they do, things are starting to change a bit. These small steps add up.

First thing they need to do is get more black people in management, both in the league and in teams. The players are 70% black, but league management is obviously not.
It’s a disingenuous move to try to regain the fan, sponsor, and player support they’re losing from this.

As you said in your other response, it’s all about money. Okay, sure, I guess them changing their stance is better than not, but that doesn’t make it any less of an obvious and disingenuous play.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #315
My homepage has been set to RS

https://9gag.com/gag/aR7ep15
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #316

Quote:
It’s a disingenuous move to try to regain the fan, sponsor, and player support they’re losing from this.

As you said in your other response, it’s all about money. Okay, sure, I guess them changing their stance is better than not, but that doesn’t make it any less of an obvious and disingenuous play.
I suspect you're right, and I'm just trying too hard not to be cynical.

It's much easier to see when Amazon puts out a BS statement... With this, I see someone reacting to the actual people who work for them.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #317
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,821 Times in 2,505 Posts
they really need to start cracking down on 911 calls, it can get people killed

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...2ywz0THH6UE6DA

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:15 AM   #318
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,583 Times in 1,725 Posts
I have to say, I'm quite proud of most of the posters on RS in this thread here, overall it seems that most people here are on the right side, and that's extremely encouraging. There are a couple pricks here, but they appear to be the minority.

Big ups to you all
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #319
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,353 Times in 5,655 Posts
Had a lengthy discussion last night with a friend of my wife’s who came over for a bbq

We had some opposing views and early into the debate I felt like not pursuing it as some of her points I felt like we were not going to get passed but we continued the discussion over about 40 minutes or so. She was quite informed and had a lot to say and by the end we both took a lot from each other’s opinions.

Really thought of this thread as we chatted and by the end of it she definitely gave me a lot to think about and really made me think about how I can actively change the way I think about things/people/circumstance etc.

Might be just because everyone that came over was seemingly starved for human interaction but it felt like a very valuable conversation.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
they really need to start cracking down on 911 calls, it can get people killed

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...2ywz0THH6UE6DA
Behind a pay wall
Old 06-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #321

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Behind a pay wall
It isn't for me? But here's the article:

Quote:
Americans of all stripes are taking to the streets to protest the unjust killing of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police — and the larger issues of police brutality and institutional racism in our society. The vast majority of Americans support these protests.

But even if you’re white and among the paltry 14% of people who strongly disagree with the protests, one might think the recent international humiliation of Amy Cooper for her racist behavior would be enough to at least provoke some circumspection. Enough circumspection to say … not frivolously call police on a black woman for going about her day.

Alas, no.

Little more than a week after the Cooper video went viral — and in the middle of national protests over systemic racism — white New York restaurateur Svitlana Flom called police multiple times on a black woman sitting on an Upper West Side Manhattan park bench, alleging “harassment” and threats against her child.

A series of Instagram posts by user @_brownsugarbaby (the recipient of Flom’s wrath), don’t show anything of the sort. What they show is an entitled white woman appalled at not getting her way — and willing to summon shock troops away from escalating civil unrest until she gets it.

Yes, Flom actually said: “She’s playing the black card.”

Flom alleges the video was selectively edited to make her “look racist.” But it’s pretty clear that she was in no physical danger while making her 911 calls. Her husband walks away from the encounter in apparent mortification while her child plays on a scooter, seemingly carefree, nearby.

This is not what danger looks like.

Danger is not someone sitting calmly on a park bench recording you with their cellphone. Danger is not feeling comfortable enough to sit feet away from your supposed menace, crossing your legs and waiting for police to arrive.

Unprecedented nationwide protests and the message still isn’t getting through.

Amy Cooper’s reprehensible call to police caused her to lose her job, her reputation and even her dog.

Falsely reporting an incident to authorities is a crime in New York and most other states. Aggressively prosecuting these statutes is what it will probably take for the message to finally sink in.

In the interim, here’s that message again, plainly stated:

Calling 911 is not a free mediation service for white people to get the upper hand in banal disputes. We live in an unjust, racist society. Calling police on a black person puts his or her life and liberty in danger. “Feeling” threatened doesn’t mean you are. If you do “feel” threatened, especially in broad daylight with bystanders all around you, walk away. Anything short of that and you don’t “look racist,” you are.
And here's the IG post https://www.instagram.com/p/CA0y00hF...mpaign=loading
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I have to say, I'm quite proud of most of the posters on RS in this thread here, overall it seems that most people here are on the right side, and that's extremely encouraging. There are a couple pricks here, but they appear to be the minority.

Big ups to you all
I hope more people post their support here. I know there are people lurking, you can see them right there in the "viewing this thread" list, and posting in other unrelated threads. There are hundreds of old members who never even log in anymore.

Why is it important to pitch in with a post?

The "couple of pricks" need to know they're on the wrong side, and how wrong they are. I mean I suspect there's some trolling going on too, but they need to know that "for the lulz" is not a good reason to be a dick either.

I'm not saying everyone needs to respond to them directly - quite the opposite actually. But posting more info showing why they are so wrong is important. Like posting the latest news, sharing positive changes being made. Or posting more evidence of systemic racism that people aren't even aware of (by, up until now, no fault of their own).

The very fact that Canadians can feel like they can say "this is too stressful, I'd rather not pay attention to it" is a massive privilege in itself. And BTW Canada isn't much better. Not many countries are, when it comes to this stuff.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #323

The two cops who pushed that 75 year old man have been arrested

'Breonna's Law,' aimed at regulating no-knock warrants in Louisville, passes Public Safety Committee

They still need to make sure the cops that shot her are no longer, and can never be cops again.

Amid protests, Colorado lawmakers introduce bill to address police use of force policies

Quote:
-Requires the use of body-worn cameras for all local law enforcement agencies
-Requires the release of body camera footage from incidents to be released within 14 days
-Requires the division of criminal justice in the department of public safety to create an annual report about uses of force, stops and unannounced entries
-Requires the division of criminal justice shall maintain a statewide database with data collected in a searchable format
-Requires law enforcement agencies to fire officers who plead guilty to inappropriate uses of force and for their certification to be revoked
-Removes qualified indemnity and good faith justifications for protection from civil action
-Changes the state’s fleeing felon rules to match the U.S. Supreme Court findings
Mandatory bias training for police passes Michigan Senate

Quote:
The legislation, Senate Bill 945, would add those elements to the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards’ certification requirements for incoming recruits. An amendment to the bill also added requirements for current law enforcement to receive continuing education annually.
San Diego police end use of carotid restraint, effective immediately

LA Mayor Slashes LAPD Budget As Calls To ‘Defund Police’ Slowly Pick Up Steam

Lawmakers Begin Bipartisan Push to Cut Off Police Access to Military-Style Gear

New York is starting to defund their police force too. Others will follow. This should allow for a proper reset of police enforcement throughout the US. Hopefully Canada follows this lead as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #324
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Oh my fuck that was the first time I saw that video. The amount of blood that just poured out of his ears gave me full body goosebumps.

The worst part of that story is how the official report said he “tripped and fell” until the video evidence came out.

nothing has changed
Old 06-06-2020, 07:11 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Oh my fuck that was the first time I saw that video. The amount of blood that just poured out of his ears gave me full body goosebumps.

The worst part of that story is how the official report said he “tripped and fell” until the video evidence came out.

nothing has changed
Plus one of the cops immediately goes to check on him and gets pulled away by another cop.
This post thanked by: