REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #251
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I agree that accountability is crucial. Law is what our society is based on, and everyone should abide the same law.

The reason I have different opinion of what's going on in the US vs. HK is this very issue. And it's the very same idea how I am making my statements.

HK has no choice. They have a gov't who isn't willing to have dialogue. After all, they do whatever Beijing says, and if Beijing is letting Lam to change stance, nothing will change. So, going on the street, even if there's the risk people rioting, one'd just take it. Because that is the last resort. The protestors in HK made their requests loud and clear. Beijing NEVER had a dialogue. It abandoned the proposal because it gave up. But it's clear that Beijing doesn't want ANY dialogue whatsoever because it doesn't want to set a precedent of "things are negotiable".

Now turn to the US, what requests did the protestors or writer made? I'm sorry... other than #BlackLivesMatter, I didn't see shit. The people just started looting because the opportunity it gave them. IT IS THEM who doesn't want to have a dialogue, NOT the government.

That's why I suggested that if the dems had any cojones, they'd announce that anyone arrested for looting or rioting WOULD be prosecuted to the MAXIMUM EXTENT the law permits.

I'm just asking the full accountability to go both way. Because this is the only way we'd protect our society; that the law apply the same way to everyone, no matter what side you are on... right or wrong.

Why don't you cut the dog whistling and just admit the truth here.

You support the HK protests because they are demographic of people homogeneous to you, thus you carry empathy for people of your own race, and you seem to not be able to empathize with those outside of that.

I'm not Asian, however I've supported the HK protesters, and have fully understood their rights and reasons from the very get go, that's the difference between you and I.

Your last comment was absolutely ridiculous. You claim the HK protesters have no choice, and yet black Americans do?

That is so unbelievably laughable that it truly shows your complete and absolute ignorance on the very subject. The black community, the NAACP, The Southern Poverty Law Center, the list goes on of groups that have cried for a dialog with the Federal and State governments on this issue for fucking decades now, with literally NO ACTION.

I still truly can't believe you wrote that post thinking that was any type of credible rebuttal.

To claim that the HK protesters have no option, and yet the black community does, is so asinine, I don't even know how to unpack that sentiment.

If you can't see that blatant hypocrisy in your comments, I ask you to educate yourself further on this subject and the respective advocacy groups fighting this cause for longer then you've been living on this Earth.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog3k View Post
Didn't you call me an alt-right Russian bot first?

I don't know much about this subject. I just think police brutality is bad.

Here's an interesting perspective for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ewJtUOVjA
Oh yes Candace Owens, the proverbial sycophantic Uncle Tom minstrel that right-wing conservatives love to cart out as a representative of the black community in times like these

Candice Owens has never, and will never, represent the black community writ large. What's next a video of comments from David Clarke, or Omarosa?

I appreciate you admitting you have little knowledge on the subject, I'll give you credit for that, at least.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #253

Tell you what Hehe, based on your opinion.

Maybe I should just say the HK Protesters need to smarten up, what's their message anyways? They're Chinese, they need to support their government, the CCP. They need to understand that Hong Kong is part of China, and to give it up already. Why are they causing so much damage to their community? The CCP has given them prosperity, these people need to accept the fact that times up, and that they need to step in line and be a part of the country at large.

Besides, what's their message anyways? I just see a bunch of kids rioting and protesting, fighting with cops, and carrying umbrellas.

I'm being sarcastic here, but you see how stupid these comments sound? That's exactly what you're saying here in relation to the cause I'm speaking about.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 03:27 PM   #254
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Oh yes Candace Owens, the proverbial sycophantic Uncle Tom minstrel that right-wing conservatives love to cart out as a representative of the black community in times like these

Candice Owens has never, and will never, represent the black community writ large. What's next a video of comments from David Clarke, or Omarosa?

I appreciate you admitting you have little knowledge on the subject, I'll give you credit for that, at least.
What do you think about what she said?

To paraphrase, the Democrats don't care about black people, they just want black votes. Police brutality and white nationalism were ALSO brought up in the last election as talking points because those issues stir up a lot of anger, which is great for news media. The real issues facing black people: high rate of single motherhood and illiteracy are not things that are ever brought up because the Dems don't really care.

I think those are some good points. And keep in mind this video is from last year.

Do you have any opinions on those specific ideas? In my opinion you don't have to represent the community to have an opinion on it.

And I'm not a right-wing conservative. I'm more of a classical liberal.
birddog3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #255
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:

To paraphrase, the Democrats don't care about black people, they just want black votes. Police brutality and white nationalism were ALSO brought up in the last election as talking points because those issues stir up a lot of anger, which is great for news media. The real issues facing black people: high rate of single motherhood and illiteracy are not things that are ever brought up because the Dems don't really care.

I think those are some good points. And keep in mind this video is from last year.

Do you have any opinions on those specific ideas? In my opinion you don't have to represent the community to have an opinion on it.

Like Rosanne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Roseanne was a liberal, in the classical sense. Not the radicalized left that it's become.
There's no interest in teaching. Only suppression.
Everyone makes mistakes. Some have, at the very least, the moral character to recognize them.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:43 PM   #256
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Like Rosanne?
I'm not sure what Roseanne thinks.

I shouldn't say I'm this or that actually, because I might not agree with every single issue that's pigeon-holed for each group.

I think a government should have a minimal influence on the lives of people. In my opinion the main roles should be to:
Have an army and national defence to defend the country from foreign invaders
Have a police force to protect individuals from coercion from other individuals
Have courts to provide a mechanism for individuals to adjudicate disputes
Maintain the roads and bridges
Fire protection with fire halls
Significantly lower taxes to pay for a smaller government

That's it. We the people can handle everything else.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #257
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Didn't you call me an alt-right Russian bot first?

I don't know much about this subject. I just think police brutality is bad.

Here's an interesting perspective for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ewJtUOVjA
Candace Owens is a coon.

You can dismiss what comes out of that woman's mouth.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #258

Quote:

What do you want me to tell you Bird? Now you're trying to direct the conversation about Democrats and Republicans, both parties have their share of issues in terms of race, but we know quite clearly which one elected the first black president, bit of a false equivalency there, my friend But I'm not here to cape for the Democrats, both parties have failed the black community, with one being far worse.

Both your points are classic white washed arguments that have been utilized for ages. Blame the victim, it's like grabbing a child's arm and hitting them with it, and then asking them why they're hitting themselves.

You are mentioning the consequence without addressing the causation.

Much of the damage to the family unit over the last number of decades can directly be traced back to Jim Crow era laws, exacerbated by the war on drugs in the 80's, and the subsequent crime bills of the 90's.

When you incarcerate wide swaths of black men, what do you expect will happen to the family unit? What do you think those children will learn as men without having their fathers around? It is a self fulfilling cycle.

You mention literacy. You do know how public schools work, don't you? They are funded through property taxes, what happens when you historically red-line communities to where there is no economic wealth? You end up with financially strapped, poor public schools, with the obvious consequences. That is further exasperated by many southern states which have continued to push segregation by abolishing school bus initiatives used in the past to allow black students to attend schools in the wealthier white communities, where more tax dollars are directed to via elected politicians.

It's all very clear the reasons to why these communities are in the state they are in today, I truly don't understand how such basic facts can be escaped by those such as yourself.

Is there some culpability in the black community? Sure. Though to deny the very fundamental reasons we are here in the first place as a result of rampant historic, and current inequality is quite disingenuous.

Are you practicing simple cognitive dissonance or is it purposeful?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #259
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
What I don't get is why ppl are acting as if we're Americans...
1) This is a worldwide problem that has lasted centuries

2) Canada isn't much better in terms of how cops treat black people or first nations people compared to white

3) Look at the Canadian Politics thread. Ultra conservatism exists in Canada and needs to be countered. There are people who want to take the very worst aspects of America and bring them to Canada.

4) Making America better makes Canada better. Like it or not, they're the leaders of the free part of the world. They kind of suck right now, but we still count on them for a lot.

If America really falls apart (which sounds ridiculous but actually is feasible) you do not want to live in that world. Unless you're a billionaire fascist of course...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 07:00 PM   #260
I am Hook'd on RS

I don’t see any cognitive dissonance in what I’m saying. You’re going to have to be more specific.

I’m not suggesting that it’s entirely the fault of black people that they have a high father-lessness rates. One reason is because the government has incentivized people receiving social welfare to not marry the father of their child. If you marry, you get less social welfare money so you have generations of people who are going to grow up without fathers. The problem is going to get worse until this is addressed. Like the majority of government policy, it hurts the very people it professes to help because the people making these economic decisions, these politicians, don’t care about the results, they just want votes.

RE: Affirmative action, at Harvard, 70% of black students we’re failing or at risk of dropping out. This is because they were admitted to a school that was more difficult than they could handle. Those black students had high test scores and would have been star students had they gone to a school that matched their skill level. Going to Harvard and dropping out hurt their confidence and made them feel like failures.

The war on drugs, minimum wage, social welfare, affirmative action – these are the major things we should be studying to help improve the lives of the poor. Minimum wage for instance is not something I’ve heard any real economist say has a positive benefit to society. The only ones who like the idea are politicians who push it to a largely uninformed and economically uneducated population.

We live in a world where virtue signalling and being politically correct is more fashionable than the truth. Our consumerist society is obsessed with Instagram influencers and we treat celebrities like gods. I really don’t give a shit what the Rock has to say. I know it’s some pre-planned bullshit script meant to brainwash me.

The point is, the Democrat party supports these very programs that hurt poor people the most. You can blame racism and donate more money to BLM but it’s not going to do anything because you're not targeting the core issues. You can "end" police brutality and stop the 300 black lives that are being killed by police every year and you're still going to be wondering why black lives aren't improving. Watch us have the same conversation 4 years from now. Maybe next time it'll be because white people aren't hiring black people so now companies must have 40% minorities.

By the way, this is something you regularly do:

Definition of ad hominem
marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

It's gross and shows that you argue in bad faith.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #261
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:

HK has no choice. They have a gov't who isn't willing to have dialogue. After all, they do whatever Beijing says, and if Beijing is letting Lam to change stance, nothing will change. So, going on the street, even if there's the risk people rioting, one'd just take it. Because that is the last resort. The protestors in HK made their requests loud and clear. Beijing NEVER had a dialogue. It abandoned the proposal because it gave up. But it's clear that Beijing doesn't want ANY dialogue whatsoever because it doesn't want to set a precedent of "things are negotiable".
Black people has no choice. They have a gov't who isn't willing to have dialogue. After all, they do whatever Trump says, and if USA Government is letting Racial discrimination to continue to change stance, nothing will change. So, going on the street, even if there's the risk people rioting, one'd just take it. Because that is the last resort. The Black community and protesters in USA made their requests loud and clear. Black citizens NEVER had a dialogue. It abandoned the proposal because it gave up. But it's clear that Trump doesn't want ANY dialogue whatsoever because it doesn't want to set a precedent of "things are negotiable".
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #262
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Fuckin grosssssss have they learned NOTHING this past week?

*incident in Buffalo, google it*

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 06-04-2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Sorry
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #263
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
People will get so mad if I leave that up

I have to take it down because it's a disgusting violent act. However I know your intent is not the same as the gaslighting attempts the other member was doing. Unfortunately I'm pretty numb to this kind of footage myself, having seen police do exactly this on a weekly basis for the past year. But it's fair to just remove all this kind of footage, since I was forced to do so by the gaslighting that occurred on the last page. I knew this would happen eventually... I just have to accept that someone got their way, and successfully manipulated the thread from its intent (again we need a shrug emote lol)

In case people are wondering, an elderly protester was standing in front of a line of police, then didn't move away when they marched towards him as the curfew came into place. They shoved him backwards hard, and he fell backwards, cracking his skull on the cement, bleeding from his head and ears. He wasn't moving.

Another angle of the incident shows the disgusting sound it made as his skull hit the ground

He is alive in a hospital, that's all that's known about his condition. What happens from here, we won't know for a while.

Two police have been suspended (not arrested). Buffalo police said he tripped and fell. Thankfully it was caught on film, so we know it was actually attempted manslaughter.

Update: The mayor of Buffalo says the 75-year-old man is in serious condition. Unknown if he'll make it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:57 PM   #264
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
Quote:
Why don't you cut the dog whistling and just admit the truth here.

You support the HK protests because they are demographic of people homogeneous to you, thus you carry empathy for people of your own race, and you seem to not be able to empathize with those outside of that.

I'm not Asian, however I've supported the HK protesters, and have fully understood their rights and reasons from the very get go, that's the difference between you and I.

Your last comment was absolutely ridiculous. You claim the HK protesters have no choice, and yet black Americans do?

That is so unbelievably laughable that it truly shows your complete and absolute ignorance on the very subject. The black community, the NAACP, The Southern Poverty Law Center, the list goes on of groups that have cried for a dialog with the Federal and State governments on this issue for fucking decades now, with literally NO ACTION.

I still truly can't believe you wrote that post thinking that was any type of credible rebuttal.

To claim that the HK protesters have no option, and yet the black community does, is so asinine, I don't even know how to unpack that sentiment.

If you can't see that blatant hypocrisy in your comments, I ask you to educate yourself further on this subject and the respective advocacy groups fighting this cause for longer then you've been living on this Earth.
So, you are saying that looting and rioting is JUSTIFIABLE when a black dude die and suddenly BLM is the most trending hashtag on Twitter because we have to bring the unknown amount of racists out there.

Now, 7 million of yellow dudes and dudettes are having their BASIC FREEDOM, ALL THOSE GUARANTEED to YOU by our charters and the constitution in the US, taken away and that's NOT justifiable?

Who's the hypocrite here? Admit it... you care BLM ONLY because it's the fucking trend. It's the topic that's IN... if you don't talk about it and support it, it's wrong.

Where is your sympathy on yellow skin people? I thought we are arguing about racial equality. So, how many yellow skin dude's death would it take so that #YellowLivesMatter become a trend?

You think about that and then come to tell me who's the hypocrite here. The FACT is that you DON'T CARE BLM. You probably don't have any close black friends and you are only arguing for black people BECAUSE it's the COOL THING to do.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 PM   #265

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
So, you are saying that looting and rioting is JUSTIFIABLE when a black dude die and suddenly BLM is the most trending hashtag on Twitter because we have to bring the unknown amount of racists out there.

Now, 7 million of yellow dudes and dudettes are having their BASIC FREEDOM, ALL THOSE GUARANTEED to YOU by our charters and the constitution in the US, taken away and that's NOT justifiable?

Who's the hypocrite here? Admit it... you care BLM ONLY because it's the fucking trend. It's the topic that's IN... if you don't talk about it and support it, it's wrong.

Where is your sympathy on yellow skin people? I thought we are arguing about racial equality. So, how many yellow skin dude's death would it take so that #YellowLivesMatter become a trend?

You think about that and then come to tell me who's the hypocrite here. The FACT is that you DON'T CARE BLM. You probably don't have any close black friends and you are only arguing for black people BECAUSE it's the COOL THING to do.
I'm pretty sure Mike is black, or at least part black I don't know him personally lol, and you're going to say he's hopping on the BLM train cause it's trending?

I don't know what posts of his you've been reading but he's been nothing but supportive of the people and the shit going down in Hong Kong, yet you've done nothing but shit on what's been going on with Black people in the States.

You want hypocrisy? Read your posts defending what's going on in HK and thinking the shit happening to Black people in the States can be handled by simple dialogue. It's seriously laughable.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #266

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
4) Making America better makes Canada better. Like it or not, they're the leaders of the free part of the world. They kind of suck right now, but we still count on them for a lot.
Also if the US actually becomes a proper developed nation it stops giving people the easy out of "well at least we're better than the US" for everything.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:50 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
Black people has no choice. They have a gov't who isn't willing to have dialogue. After all, they do whatever Trump says, and if USA Government is letting Racial discrimination to continue to change stance, nothing will change. So, going on the street, even if there's the risk people rioting, one'd just take it. Because that is the last resort. The Black community and protesters in USA made their requests loud and clear. Black citizens NEVER had a dialogue. It abandoned the proposal because it gave up. But it's clear that Trump doesn't want ANY dialogue whatsoever because it doesn't want to set a precedent of "things are negotiable".
Hahahaha... maybe you aren't in the US so you are based on a limited information.

Do you know who controls pretty much EVERY MAJOR cities in US currently in chaos? You can google it, but I'll give you the fact right here, DEMOCRATS.

Why democrats want to let this to carry out? Of course of their political reasons. I've said it before, these people should feel ashamed of themselves when they put their own personal/groupal agenda before actually doing things they have to do.

And you tell me this is "their" last resort? I believe you refer to the black people and people who "support racial equality"? So, before this incident, and the one prior (also "I can't breathe), where have they been all these time?

Oh yes... I'm sure Floyd's death brought this to their attention again. And they have finally had enough. You know the funny thing? The first case of I can't breathe... the death of Eric Garner in NY happened 5years ago. A time under Obama (Dem) administration and Cuomo never let the protest went out of control. There were even counter-protest arranged to show support to the police.

And also, many looting video I see in 2020 are people in their 20s and probably teens. I'm sure they were SUPER aware of racial discrimination cases back then, and this time they couldn't stand anymore, they needed to resort to violence.

So many coincidences....
Old 06-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'm pretty sure Mike is black, or at least part black I don't know him personally lol, and you're going to say he's hopping on the BLM train cause it's trending?

I don't know what posts of his you've been reading but he's been nothing but supportive of the people and the shit going down in Hong Kong, yet you've done nothing but shit on what's been going on with Black people in the States.

You want hypocrisy? Read your posts defending what's going on in HK and thinking the shit happening to Black people in the States can be handled by simple dialogue. It's seriously laughable.
It doesn't make any difference if he's black or not. I'm just saying that if he thinks BLM because a black dude died. Then YellowLivesAlsoMatter because many Kongers have already died and injured for the cause.

In fact it's worse... If he thinks only BLM and not YLW... then he is also racist and hypocrite in his posts. BLM because it's trending and it matters to him because he's also black. So Yellow, or any other color for that matter currently suffering in the world don't deserve the same attention? Where's his racial equality?

And regarding having a dialogue. I am sorry, but I've yet to see any organizers asking to have one. They just went on the street, shout BLM and then started looting and rioting. Explain that to me how exactly they were PREPARED to have a dialogue?
Old 06-04-2020, 09:57 PM   #269

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:

You mention literacy. You do know how public schools work, don't you? They are funded through property taxes, what happens when you historically red-line communities to where there is no economic wealth? You end up with financially strapped, poor public schools, with the obvious consequences.
False.
The five highest per pupil funded school districts are all overrepresented by black students.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...-spending.html
Baltimore city district, the third highest funded in the country, reported six schools where not one single student was proficient in math or reading.
https://www.educationdive.com/news/s...eading/443155/

Quote:
That is further exasperated by many southern states which have continued to push segregation by abolishing school bus initiatives used in the past to allow black students to attend schools in the wealthier white communities, where more tax dollars are directed to via elected politicians.
You mean charter schools?
Of which the Trump administration has been a huge proponent?
Biden on the other hand...
https://exclusive.multibriefs.com/co...vil-government

how about HBCU's? This administration has spent more than any other President in history.
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...t/65-543185506
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 06-04-2020 at 10:32 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #270

Quote:
It doesn't make any difference if he's black or not. I'm just saying that if he thinks BLM because a black dude died. Then YellowLivesAlsoMatter because many Kongers have already died and injured for the cause.

In fact it's worse... If he thinks only BLM and not YLW... then he is also racist and hypocrite in his posts. BLM because it's trending and it matters to him because he's also black. So Yellow, or any other color for that matter currently suffering in the world don't deserve the same attention? Where's his racial equality?

And regarding having a dialogue. I am sorry, but I've yet to see any organizers asking to have one. They just went on the street, shout BLM and then started looting and rioting. Explain that to me how exactly they were PREPARED to have a dialogue?
Who said any other lives don't matter? Jesus Christ, if people don't get that saying BLM MEANS ALL LIVES MATTER then I don't know what to say. It's so obvious when they say black lives matter they are pleading with people that they are human too, just like everyone else. They aren't trying to put themselves on a pedestal saying their lives are worth more, they are saying they don't deserve to be treated less.

Do some research, they've done the 'I have a dream' speeches, shit didn't work.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Who said any other lives don't matter? Jesus Christ, if people don't get that saying BLM MEANS ALL LIVES MATTER then I don't know what to say. It's so obvious when they say black lives matter they are pleading with people that they are human too, just like everyone else. They aren't trying to put themselves on a pedestal saying their lives are worth more, they are saying they don't deserve to be treated less.

Do some research, they've done the 'I have a dream' speeches, shit didn't work.
Bahahaha.... yes... I'm sure BLM meant all lives matter. If that makes you feel better, by all means, stick your belief in that.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/nba-an...atter-comment/

One thing I want to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR here. I'm ALL IN FULL SUPPORT of racial equality and any fight to bring this issue to an end. I'm a minority myself, I have encounter many many instances of racism against myself. So I know what kind of problem racism brings.

What I AM AGAINST is people USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE to bring havoc. And also people who are using this to bring another FORM of racism. So now BLM? How about everyone else? Heck, even the white people.

I SUPPORT RACIAL EQUALITY. Where no RACE SHOULD HAVE ANY Priority. As of now, many of the BLM movement seem to be going the wrong way. It's ONLY BLMatter... but they don't give a rat ass fuck about others. I'm sorry... but THAT IS RACISM AT ITS WORST in my opinion.

And if one thinks otherwise... ANYTHING other than BLM.... you are guilty as charged.

If that's what this has come to... then I've nothing else to say... I'm just a yellow guy... my life doesn't matter because all they care is BLM.

Last edited by Hehe; 06-04-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-04-2020, 10:50 PM   #272

Quote:
Bahahaha.... yes... I'm sure BLM meant all lives matter. If that makes you feel better, by all means, stick your belief in that.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/nba-an...atter-comment/

One thing I want to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR here. I'm ALL IN FULL SUPPORT of racial equality and any fight to bring this issue to an end. I'm a minority myself, I have encounter many many instances of racism against myself. So I know what kind of problem racism brings.

What I AM AGAINST is people USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE to bring havoc. And also people who are using this to bring another FORM of racism. So now BLM? How about everyone else? Heck, even the white people.

I SUPPORT RACIAL EQUALITY. Where no RACE SHOULD HAVE ANY Priority. As of now, many of the BLM movement seem to be going the wrong way. BLMatter... but they don't give a rat ass fuck about others. I'm sorry... but THAT IS RACISM AT ITS WORST in my opinion.

And if one thinks otherwise... ANYTHING other than BLM.... you are guilty as charged.

If that's what this has come to... then I've nothing else to say... I'm just a yellow guy... my life doesn't matter because all they care is BLM.
In one ear and out the other, have a good night.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2020, 11:38 PM   #273

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure what Roseanne thinks.

I shouldn't say I'm this or that actually, because I might not agree with every single issue that's pigeon-holed for each group.

I think a government should have a minimal influence on the lives of people. In my opinion the main roles should be to:
Have an army and national defence to defend the country from foreign invaders
Have a police force to protect individuals from coercion from other individuals
Have courts to provide a mechanism for individuals to adjudicate disputes
Maintain the roads and bridges
Fire protection with fire halls
Significantly lower taxes to pay for a smaller government

That's it. We the people can handle everything else.
What about water, sewer, and garbage?
Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #274
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Quote:
Hahahaha... maybe you aren't in the US so you are based on a limited information.

Do you know who controls pretty much EVERY MAJOR cities in US currently in chaos? You can google it, but I'll give you the fact right here, DEMOCRATS.
Psssssssstttt..... this argument is completely invalidated by the fact every major city in the USA is Democratic... kind of hard for any Republican mayor of a major city to show what they might have done differently............... because there aren't any!

Here's a heat map for you, only rural / arguably poorly educated places vote heavily Republican...

All the blue areas are big cities or highly developed areas... all the red is, well, you can put it together.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 05:26 AM   #275
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,017 Times in 7,108 Posts
Hehe you really need to re-read what you are posting. You are calling out someone else for doing something that YOU are literally doing in every post.
Mike never once said he didn’t support HK protesters. You continue to state reasons why the HK protests are more valid because their government refuses dialogue.
CAN YOU REALLY BE IMPLYING THAT THE US GOVERNMENT IS WILLING TO HAVE DIALOGUE ABOUT THESE ISSUES OF SYSTEMIC RACISM THAT HAVE EXISTED SINCE THE FOUNDING OF THE COUNTRY? Don’t you think maybe it would have happened by now? I mean, it’s not like people never asked.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: