REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #276
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I missed this today somehow

That's the president of the city council, they are really going to try to get this done

I've said a million times here that the police here and elsewhere need to just be rebooted and started from scratch under a new system. If Minneapolis actually gets it done, that would be beyond amazing.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #277
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
meanwhile.. racism continues to thrive. let's face it... this concept is not going to be rooted out in at least a few generations. its hard coded and running in generations for some of these redneck trash.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ge...ots-went-viral

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 08:49 AM   #278
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i just read that on social media but the pictures weren't sharpied out. apparently in the UK a few teens were charged for it.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #279
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
They should really make diversity and tolerance a more focal point in education so these kids have a chance of realizing how stupid their parents are that engrain the intolerance into them. That’s probably a good place to start.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #280
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
In b4 Vancouver protests turn ugly tonight and people forget why they cared
Old 06-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #281
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
https://www.haydenplanetarium.org/ty...of-my-skin.php
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #282
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
They should really make diversity and tolerance a more focal point in education so these kids have a chance of realizing how stupid their parents are that engrain the intolerance into them. That’s probably a good place to start.
It really starts with the family. My mom/dad would not have stood for that shit from my brother and i
Old 06-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #283
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
It's a tough one. Kids see bullying everywhere. In the news, television shows, movies, advertisement, in the neighbourhood, in school, after school activities, church, parents, friends - everywhere.

Somewhere over the years, it has gotten out of hand. Girls use to stick to being mean, but nowadays, they're becoming more and more violent. They need to teach the Golden Rule again in schools and pre-schools.

Kids have no moral compass. Nobody teaches them right from wrong and very few examples of kindness exists. It gets worse with each generation. We need to somehow make it cool to be kind and thoughtful.

Too many takers and not enough givers.

Take RS, for example. I can rattle of a dozen members who do nothing but destroy. I used to post more on RS. It's hard to keep positive. There's no point, it seems.

Let's hear more positive stories. Even if it' seems trivial. It all adds up. MSREE had a thread that was cool. I don't know where it is anymore. Random Acts of Kindness thread, another one.

I'm no angel, either. I've said and done some really stupid things. I avoid arguing as much as possible. I try not to fail people who have differing opinions, unless it becomes personal. Even then, I try to ignore and not feed the fire.

It's hard to be positive. /sermon
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #284

what are you doing outside of your rape dungeon gulolololol
Old 06-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #285
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
They really should overhaul the public education system while they're at it.

More emphasis needs to be put into real-life issues such as financial literacy.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #286

Totally. The curriculum has not been made to keep up to modern times. I’m not sure where the money would come from in Canada for such a large project to be fair.
For the US it’s pretty obvious. A little less money spent on military and the fucking space army would be a good start.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
It really starts with the family. My mom/dad would not have stood for that shit from my brother and i
Unfortunately some kids aren’t lucky enough to have smart parents.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #288
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Some people in Canada have been fired for doing the challenge including a Canadian border services employee.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/e...s-george-floyd

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...rge-floyd.html
Old 06-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #289

How can people be so stupid? I’m sure everyone here has made a questionable joke Or a few in their lifetimes, but how to be deaf do you have to be to be this stupid, and to broadcast it to the world?
What do they think these things will accomplish? Get a laugh? Create some sort of argument they are looking for? Like, what’s the plan here?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #290
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
^ "Social media is the toilet of the internet" ... Lady Gaga

The desire for likes drives people to do stupid shit.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 11:34 AM   #291
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
So, you are saying that looting and rioting is JUSTIFIABLE when a black dude die and suddenly BLM is the most trending hashtag on Twitter because we have to bring the unknown amount of racists out there.

Now, 7 million of yellow dudes and dudettes are having their BASIC FREEDOM, ALL THOSE GUARANTEED to YOU by our charters and the constitution in the US, taken away and that's NOT justifiable?

Who's the hypocrite here? Admit it... you care BLM ONLY because it's the fucking trend. It's the topic that's IN... if you don't talk about it and support it, it's wrong.

Where is your sympathy on yellow skin people? I thought we are arguing about racial equality. So, how many yellow skin dude's death would it take so that #YellowLivesMatter become a trend?

You think about that and then come to tell me who's the hypocrite here. The FACT is that you DON'T CARE BLM. You probably don't have any close black friends and you are only arguing for black people BECAUSE it's the COOL THING to do.
I appreciate the sentiments from other posters in this thread who corroborated my support of the protesters in Hong Kong.

Hehe, I am black. My father is from Nigeria, my mother is Irish.

My family has always been political in nature and involved in those facets both here in Canada, and in Nigeria.

I can very much assure you that this isn't some "fad" to me, this is my life.

I see that you want to turn this thread and make it about you, or "yellow" people for that matter, and you have literally not read a single one of my posts, it is obvious you are not here for any real dialog.

Good luck to you, perhaps if there's an RS Meet, you and I can speak in person further. Outside of that, I wish you and the movement of the HK protesters the very best.

We will not agree on these other issues, and I personally do not care enough to change your mind at this point.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #292

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It gets worse with each generation.
The only change is we are able to hear about it more with each generation. I guarantee you people were just as capable of being pieces of shit in years past, word just didn't travel as fast or as far.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #293

stay crassy vancouver

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/anti-police-sa...aint-1.4970840
Old 06-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #294
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
meanwhile.. racism continues to thrive. let's face it... this concept is not going to be rooted out in at least a few generations. its hard coded and running in generations for some of these redneck trash.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ge...ots-went-viral

Yeah I was gonna post this picture with the faces not blurred out.
However my views are not peaceful.
I struggle with what to say because honestly when I see shit like this I feel RAGE.
I wish these kids would feel the fear and pain that black people and other minorities feel when we see this shit.

I have to really think about what I post and how I respond because I don’t want to promote more violence and hate than what is already out there..

But every fucking time I see this picture I also feel that a little violence would teach these kids a lesson. I wonder who raised these people.

Also to Hehe, respectfully you’re kinda dumb. These guys are being nice to you but you really do not understand the meaning of black lives matter.

Imagine you have a child. The child dies. You have a funeral for your child in a closed room and you’re at the podium telling everyone in the room how much you will miss your child and all the ways your child was special.

NOW, someone kicks open the door to your funeral. This person rushes you at the podium and grabs the microphone and yells “WE ALL HAVE CHILDREN TOO THAT ARE ALSO SPECIAL THAT MAY DIE SOMEDAY”.

You’re the person who kicked open the door to the funeral and yelled at everyone in the funeral room with this “all lives matter” shit.

Nobody is saying that black lives matter over other lives.
Black lives matter is a call for justice for the lives that were taken with no consequence and for this situation to STOP HAPPENING without any consequences for the perpetrators.

There are two houses. The one on the right is ON FIRE.
The firemen come and hose down the house on the right.
The house on the left is still a house and still important but it’s not fucking on fire.
Would you yell at the firemen and tell them to hose down the house on the left too?

Just because we aren’t black doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care.
This affects all minorities. Oppression works best when we are divided.
If we stand together and support each other, there is a better chance for real change.

It shouldn’t have to be that something heartbreaking happens to someone we love for us to care. We should already care because we are human beings who want a better world.

In my opinion, fuck businesses. They have insurance. A lot of businesses that have been affected by rioting have stated that the stores are fine and the company stands behind the protestors. When they were kneeling in NFL games they didn’t like that either. MLK marches and it wasn’t right. So???? How then?
There’s never a right time or way to protest that will be accepted by the system it’s against.

ALSO, there are always opportunists at large gatherings like these. I have seen lots of peaceful protests. You can’t say that all the people destroying property and looting are really for BLM. I saw a video of cops marching towards protestors and breaking a window of a car? I’ve seen videos of cops unloading bricks from their vehicles to instigate protestors.
Jake Paul was arrested for looting. I really doubt that shit stain is for BLM.

If your main concern is for damaged property, your priorities are fucked up.
What you’re really saying is these businesses are more important than the lives taken, more important than the brutality of the crimes committed.

When you work at a retail store, they always tell you if someone comes to steal, give them what they want and do not try to stop them.
Product is replaceable. A LIFE IS NOT.

Last edited by MSREE; 06-05-2020 at 01:01 PM.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #295
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #296
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,272 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on the planned protest at the Vancouver convention center tomorrow.

Do these protestors forget were in a fucking pandemic? My ass has been home doing my part while we have thousands making they're way downtown in crowded skytrains.

All of our commendable work in keeping the infection rate low goes down the toilet with these idiots.
A lot of people made sacrifices to get us this far because that's what good people do. We care about our communities, we care about doing our part to help the bigger picture and to achieve that end goal with an optimistic outcome. Yes there will be causalities but it's in our best interest to do what we can to minimize those causalities.

Because of this virus, people had to:

Cancel weddings
Cancel reunions
Cancel trips
Cancel funerals
Could not see their dying loved ones in person at the hospital which resulted in stories like this
Could not assist their disabled relatives in hospital leading to this
Learn their vulnerable parents died hours apart
Family could not return to Canada resulting in this

How many more? It's not just the virus but the pandora's box the virus opens.

We are so close to the start of phase 3 and this protest is happening now. Remember when people went in full rat mode, exposing people on social media who were romping in the park or hanging at the beach? A protest typically involves a lot of shouting and possible sweating.

Of course the George Floyd death was awful but swift action was taken and charges laid. I get the bigger cause but most of the people I see speaking on the news just want to be the maestro of the masses. Take charge and lead the pack in an endless circle while convincing them they're doing something worthy, all while basking in the UV rays of their own delusion of grandeur. To call people like Al Sharpton a snake is an insult to snakes. To say the media is reporting to look out for our best interests is an insult to journalism. It's all about generating revenue so they can continue to pat themselves on the back while publicly ridiculing anyone who dare cross their narrative. Funny how you can't cancel culture a news station even with fake news they spit out. They are never held accountable. They move on and act as if nothing happened. Institutions of sociopathy.

I hope the medical systems around the world don't get swamped again. Imagine getting another wave before the actual second wave is supposed to come.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #297
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Why were chokeholds even allowed...???

Every time I see a suspect being detained, there is always at least 3 cops for every 1 suspect
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:56 PM   #298
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
The ironic thing is the clientele of what’s up hotdog is like the most fucking yuppy granola munching clowns you’ve ever seen, if they ever had the slightest bit of trouble they are the type to instantly call 911 over the stupidest shit possible.

They are also predominantly the type that have probably -never- had an encounter with the police

I live right around the corner from it, fuck that place.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:53 PM   #299
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post

Why were chokeholds even allowed...???

Every time I see a suspect being detained, there is always at least 3 cops for every 1 suspect
My buddy actually told me the reason for this. He said in training that it took around 3 guys to pin him down, and same was said when he was trying to pin someone else down (another trainee)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #300

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
All 57 members of the Boston ERT resigned after the incident where the 75 year old man was shoved down for no reason. Not for good reasons, but because they don't like how the two officers "who were following orders" are being treated. At least they're making it easier to clear out the shitty cops.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...aPq9CjMrVdsjHo
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: