REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

sonick 12-08-2010 08:07 PM

Not just preparing, but time spent eating as well.

nns 12-08-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7220200)
I am not going to put what i use to eat cause the people that actually post in this thread know what i use to eat, it was worth every calories to were i am today

Uh, ok. In that case, for those lucky people who actually post in this thread, care to share what this guy used to eat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7220180)
i dont know how many calories a buddy of mine used to eat, but him and another guy were heavilly into bodybuilding for like 3-4 years, basically amateur body building shows etc. both had potentially to do it full-time

he cranked, but obviously had to eat like a cow to keep his weight up, he went from 145lb's in gr.11/12 in highschool to 230 about 3.5 years later, when he went to work he would bring 2 of the large tupper ware containers with 5-6 chicken breasts per container, he would use a rice maker 2 times in the morning to make his afternoon meals, with packs of corn/peas etc. and add in shakes etc. throughout the day in between the meals, then dinner was another story

i wish i could find some picture of when he was 145 and when he was 230 lol

So how is this guy doing nowadays?

Some people may find this stuff disturbing, but I find it pretty interesting to see how far people will go to achieve their goals.

Hondaracer 12-08-2010 08:14 PM

he quit the hardcore body building, now he's like a super toned 160, took time off the full-time gym routine, but now hes getting back into it, if you dont have the genes to keep that kind of mass on you, it probably wont stick around for long

hal0g0dv2 12-08-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7220219)
Uh, ok. In that case, for those lucky people who actually post in this thread, care to share what this guy used to eat?

So how is this guy doing nowadays?

Some people may find this stuff disturbing, but I find it pretty interesting to see how far people will go to achieve their goals.

since i am a nice guy
this is when i was pushing towards end of bulk and more or less was a eating machine

breakfest would be anything from, 2 cups oatmeal and 1L homo milk
1st snack, shake and oats, with 2 protein bars
2nd snack would be whole wheat pasta and chicken and sauce
lunch, 2 bagels and meat plus 6 eggs
3rd snack, another 6 eggs and 1L choc milk
i was eating fini bars when i was bulking b4 i worked out that was close to 900 caloires for 3 fini bars
dinner box of whole wheat pasta and 2 steaks
4th snack, shake with oats and peanut butter, i would and whipping cream some times
b4 bed shake with whole milk and 4 scoops peanut butter

hal0g0dv2 12-08-2010 08:43 PM

i dug some old posts up

1) protein drink (olive oil 600/milk 210/water 0/powder 260/flaxseed 50+ oatmeal 200+ banana 102=1420cals

2) post workout drink=3 cups cranberry juice 390, four scoops protein powder 520, 2 baked potatoes 284=1194cals

3) chicken rice casserole-cup of rice 190 chicken 581, sauce 150 , two cups milk 280=1201 cals

4) 2 T bone steak 1419, water with lemon (trace), mashed potatoes (400)=1819cals

5) protein drink with olive oil 600/powder 260/milk 210/ water 0 and protein bar 290 = 1360

6) two cups 2% milk 280 and 2 cups cottage cheese 440=720

Total calories: 7714

The_Situation 12-08-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7220305)
2nd snack would be whole wheat pasta and chicken and sauce

Legit snack

sonick 12-08-2010 08:48 PM

With that diet I would need about 2 hrs of lunch and coffee breaks a day to eat all that.

nns 12-08-2010 08:52 PM

Eating an entire box of whole wheat pasta 7 days a week for 7 months must've gotten pretty frustrating after a while.

How many ounces were those steaks? 32oz?

edit: nm. I see this was near the end of the 7 months.

hal0g0dv2 12-08-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7220358)
Eating an entire box of whole wheat pasta 7 days a week for 7 months must've gotten pretty frustrating after a while.

How many ounces were those steaks? 32oz?

edit: nm. I see this was near the end of the 7 months.

o yeah it was dude, i actually would just eat it plain and cold lol that is how much i did not care about taste at this point lol

Hondaracer 12-08-2010 08:59 PM

lol fuck, it may not be much work to prepare, the work is in the eating lol

sonick 12-08-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 7220394)
lol fuck, it may not be much work to prepare, the work is in the eating lol

+1, just EATING that many calories cleanly takes a lot of time and effort.

Oleophobic 12-08-2010 09:38 PM

just wondering approx how much you spent a month on food?

When i was doing co-op I had to live on my own and I would say I spent about 200 a month on food and this is coming from a guy nowhere near your size. I was eating probably 2200-2500 calories and clean. All this from foods like whole wheat pasta, brown rice, apples, fish, steak occasionally, chicken thighs, and protein shakes.

If I were to extrapolate this to 7000ish calories and include finibars and other stuff from the anaconda protocol you were using lol I would say ~1000/month is a good estimate considering the amount of steak you were eating lol.

That's insane man lol.

jeffh 12-08-2010 09:50 PM

shop smart
if you have dedication you will figure out a way

go to costco for steaks, dont buy precut steaks, buy a whole strip loin then butcher it yourself
buy fresh chieckn breasts in the biggest family pack you can find and bag and freeze them yourself
pasta and rice in bulk is cheap

think of it like you are shopping for a family when you are thinking in terms of portions and it stops sounding like so much money spent

same thing when you are cooking it, it doesnt take twice as long to cook 2 steaks, or boil a box of pasta over one meal size

props again Halo

RRxtar 12-08-2010 09:59 PM

What a lot of noobs (myself included at the beginning), and even some regulars dont seem to understand is that, just like anything in life, training is WORK. FULL TIME. you cant turn it on and off, or half ass it because you're lazy. you have to LOVE what you're doing, working out, eating right, sleeping right... the whole thing. Its a lifestyle not a quick fix.

You dont go from a 140lbs twig or a 250lb fat ass to a magazine cover in 6 months before summer because you made a new years resolution, you do it by making it your life for years. from what Ive seen, 90% of new years resolutioners quit before february because they dont understand this, and another 5% quit once they reach their first plateau and dont know how to push thru. Maybe 1% actually turn "going to the gym" into their lifestyle and make gains over the long term, and the rest just sorta do the same thing 3 times a week to stay in shape (theres nothing wrong with that).

If you want to be the guy or girl you see in your head when you lay in bed at night wishing, you have to commit to it. Excuses come up every single day, and you have to make the choice to stick to your training, or dont bother.
Beers with the guys on the job site after work on Friday? nope, alcohol before workout doesnt work.
Mary from accounting brings a box of donuts in at coffee break? nope, your protein shake and chicken sandwhich packs the nutrients you need.
The guys want to get together to watch a video from wheeling in MOAB on wednesday? nope, wednesday is gym day, convince them to do it on your offday if you're lucky
Shitty day of work and dont feel like training? man the fuck up, any workout is better than sitting on the couch

You dont get what you want without sacrifices.

The only things in life you can skip your training lifestyle for are pussy, your children, and your career. and you can work in pussy after your workout, and your workout around your career. so wear a rubber.

Alpine50 12-08-2010 10:13 PM

Had a pretty solid work out. Tryed out sumo deadlifts today, going to switch it up
Posted via RS Mobile

DC5-S 12-08-2010 10:26 PM

skipped my legs workout today :( made excuses not to go...

jeffh 12-08-2010 10:34 PM

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c...disappoint.gif

DC5-S 12-08-2010 10:39 PM

well it is the first workout skipped in over 4 months

rslater 12-08-2010 10:48 PM

How big were your shits. I mean how did you go anywere? How did you pick up girls at the bars knowing you were going to have a colossal shit in morning.

The_AK 12-08-2010 11:01 PM

was studying yesterday so missed my workout, made up for it today. Delts, strained my back when doing rear delts :@ remember guys form. form. form.

RRxtar 12-08-2010 11:06 PM

different concerns for different scenarios

scenario 1. being 6' 145lbs with no confidence wondering how to pick up girls
scenario 2. being 6' 220lbs of legit awesome boning hawt broads having to deal with taking a shit once in a while

ill take 2.

The_Situation 12-08-2010 11:08 PM

Form is for pussies. This guy shows how its done

RRxtar 12-08-2010 11:34 PM

watch his right leg. does that count as a single leg deadlift? eh spuppy? eh?! :troll:

no seriously that guys back is going to explode all over a mirror one day

The_Situation 12-08-2010 11:40 PM

I admire his heart though. Even with shit form I doubt I can even lift that.

trancehead 12-09-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7220517)
What a lot of noobs (myself included at the beginning), and even some regulars dont seem to understand is that, just like anything in life, training is WORK. FULL TIME. you cant turn it on and off, or half ass it because you're lazy. you have to LOVE what you're doing, working out, eating right, sleeping right... the whole thing. Its a lifestyle not a quick fix.

You dont go from a 140lbs twig or a 250lb fat ass to a magazine cover in 6 months before summer because you made a new years resolution, you do it by making it your life for years. from what Ive seen, 90% of new years resolutioners quit before february because they dont understand this, and another 5% quit once they reach their first plateau and dont know how to push thru. Maybe 1% actually turn "going to the gym" into their lifestyle and make gains over the long term, and the rest just sorta do the same thing 3 times a week to stay in shape (theres nothing wrong with that).

If you want to be the guy or girl you see in your head when you lay in bed at night wishing, you have to commit to it. Excuses come up every single day, and you have to make the choice to stick to your training, or dont bother.
Beers with the guys on the job site after work on Friday? nope, alcohol before workout doesnt work.
Mary from accounting brings a box of donuts in at coffee break? nope, your protein shake and chicken sandwhich packs the nutrients you need.
The guys want to get together to watch a video from wheeling in MOAB on wednesday? nope, wednesday is gym day, convince them to do it on your offday if you're lucky
Shitty day of work and dont feel like training? man the fuck up, any workout is better than sitting on the couch

You dont get what you want without sacrifices.

The only things in life you can skip your training lifestyle for are pussy, your children, and your career. and you can work in pussy after your workout, and your workout around your career. so wear a rubber.

forget church, we have a pastor here. boom