REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

incubus 12-01-2010 12:06 PM

I don't see why not

Depends who u noe lol but I jst order online most the time and stock up
Posted via RS Mobile

strykn 12-01-2010 12:19 PM

thank you Sonick, heading down there now. I think i'm addicted to buying supplements lol

RacePace 12-01-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7210641)
does the coupon stack like $50 for 100?

It says in the fine print you can only use 1 at a time.

jeffh 12-01-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7210045)
wat?

i ran out of superdump when i got back from Moab, havent bought any since as i am Le Broke

strykn 12-01-2010 03:35 PM

Total prices paid for -
Myofusion - $38
1MR - 33$

<3 that coupon man... :D

I also have a SEALED 800g Blackpowder orange burst for sale, $25... Bought 4 off wheycheap before this is extra.

sonick 12-01-2010 03:37 PM

Did they let you use both in one visit?

lol you got more 1MR shhiiieeet.

strykn 12-01-2010 03:49 PM

Yea I wanted TESTfreak but they were sold out... I got 2 more coupons too for later .... and no I had to go to richmond then drive to burnaby lol was worth it tho!

sonick 12-01-2010 03:59 PM

Anybody give any insight into Beta Alanine? Thinking of checking itout.

RRxtar 12-01-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffh (Post 7210735)
i ran out of superdump when i got back from Moab, havent bought any since as i am Le Broke

havent you not been able to get into the groove again since you've been back?

why would yo usay you're not going to use it again?

hal0g0dv2 12-01-2010 05:19 PM

I almost got to jacked using testfreak i would not recommended anyone taking that, u might die or turn out like me crazy fucking jacked

strykn 12-01-2010 05:42 PM

Lol I did 1 cycle of it 2 months ago, wanted to tear up every piece of ass I saw after 2weeks in its some strong shit in there
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 12-01-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7210886)
Anybody give any insight into Beta Alanine? Thinking of checking itout.

Good stuff, but you gotta take a lot of it. And it has to be spread out through the day.

hal0g0dv2 12-01-2010 06:42 PM

i was jk about my prev statement

rslater 12-01-2010 09:00 PM

Ok I'm just going to give my opinions on supplements. I used to take them all the time and got great results. Protein, creatine, glutamine, pre work out energy crap, fish oil and probably some other stuff. I ate extremely well and saw my weight increase from 150 to 175 and grew exponentially in strength.

I stopped this as I went traveling for a year and got back about 5 months ago. Now I take absolutely NO supplements. Not even protein. I have the same workout routine as before, and eat the exact same. In terms of results, well I weight 167 up from 150 and I’m just as strong as before and way leaner.

I definately understand those who need to take supplements as they don't have the time to get them into their diets, but I'm curious if any of you have ever tried stopping. Like strykn posted before he is obsessed with supplements and I wonder if he even really needs them or if it’s a placebo effect. I mean have you ever considered that their positive effects are minimal?

So I’m asking the question to you guys, have any of you just stopped taking all the supplements and seen what happens? I did, and got pretty much the exact same results with the same diet plan, just a little more protein from food. I mean if you want the pump before the gym, try some matcha or coffee :)

RRxtar 12-01-2010 09:09 PM

i hear your point.

but not all supplements are for gains in the gym. some are for long term health reasons.

Fobman 12-01-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rslater (Post 7211301)
Ok I'm just going to give my opinions on supplements. I used to take them all the time and got great results. Protein, creatine, glutamine, pre work out energy crap, fish oil and probably some other stuff. I ate extremely well and saw my weight increase from 150 to 175 and grew exponentially in strength.

I stopped this as I went traveling for a year and got back about 5 months ago. Now I take absolutely NO supplements. Not even protein. I have the same workout routine as before, and eat the exact same. In terms of results, well I weight 167 up from 150 and I’m just as strong as before and way leaner.

I definately understand those who need to take supplements as they don't have the time to get them into their diets, but I'm curious if any of you have ever tried stopping. Like strykn posted before he is obsessed with supplements and I wonder if he even really needs them or if it’s a placebo effect. I mean have you ever considered that their positive effects are minimal?

So I’m asking the question to you guys, have any of you just stopped taking all the supplements and seen what happens? I did, and got pretty much the exact same results with the same diet plan, just a little more protein from food. I mean if you want the pump before the gym, try some matcha or coffee :)

i would not take any supplements if i have good diet as you do.
i prob eat 1 meal a day so to help myself build muscles i gotta take supplements lol

Alpine50 12-01-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7210851)
Total prices paid for -
Myofusion - $38
1MR - 33$

<3 that coupon man... :D

I also have a SEALED 800g Blackpowder orange burst for sale, $25... Bought 4 off wheycheap before this is extra.

1mr for $33 shit eh? do you just get the coupon from there website?

sonick 12-01-2010 09:54 PM

No, the $50 FOR $25 coupon I posted on the page earlier:

1 hour left! http://www.golowdeal.com/deals/4IeQNZb8Boo23glOlP_R

Alpine50 12-01-2010 10:05 PM

oh aight k cool thanks

Lolkai 12-02-2010 12:11 AM

i actually just started taking back some vitamins and stuff and realize i do feel more energetic throughout the day.
and protein shakes are usually just a nice snack to feed the body until i get home for a meal.
and superdump im not really sure if its placebo or not but i feel bigger not necessarily more motivated... really wanting to finish it and get myself some 1mr after hearing all this hype bout it!

SkinnyPupp 12-02-2010 05:05 PM

Here's a good article which argues the case for total body training, as opposed to split type training. Every non-steroid using body builder should at least read and consider it :)

BlackV62K2 12-02-2010 05:14 PM

Added some Greens+ to my general health supplements. Doesn't taste as bad as I thought it would. Was already previously taking NOW Multi and Ascenta Omega-3.

hal0g0dv2 12-02-2010 05:38 PM

can wait to get back into the gym, been about week and a bit, only one more week to go yeahhhh

SkinnyPupp 12-02-2010 05:57 PM

Yeah I am taking a week off too. I got REALLY sick from food poisoning, and took at least 4 days to fully recover. It actually coincided with my deload week anyway, so it's not too bad. I'll do the deload week anyway, and resume with PHASE THREE~! which includes POWER CLEANS for the first time, and heavy (5RM) OVERHEAD SQUATS which kind of scares me.

Alpine50 12-02-2010 05:58 PM

had a solid day at the gym felt tired after work but took 1mr and felt fine. trying not to crash just yet because i got work at 4 am.........yea lol

@halo- i was asking before how to bring up my bench, i swear it just doesnt freakin move!!! my dumbbell press went up tho :) so thats a plus. i remember you saying to do tri's. what are some workouts you'd recommend. i'm already doing skull crushers and dips but there done usually ever other day.

also anyone try iso mass xtreme gainer???