REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

Excelsis 01-13-2012 03:55 PM

spotters? :fuckthatshit:

supershopper 01-13-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDął (Post 7759685)
Careful, could be the start of a hernia.

can you elaborate?

TouringTeg 01-13-2012 04:51 PM

Either went for it on my own or ask for spot
Posted via RS Mobile

Fcukedd 01-13-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supershopper (Post 7759788)
can you elaborate?

Shouldn't your glutes be sore from deadlifts anyways? Deadlifts primarily hit your glutes and hamstrings...unless I'm wrong.

SkinnyPupp 01-13-2012 05:51 PM

The whole posterior side of your body could get sore from Deadlifts, but not your "area of the asshole" as he put it

Sounds like maybe he came close to a rectal prolapse (google it I dare you) :heckno:

Phozy 01-13-2012 05:52 PM

See thats one thing with squats and deadlifts.. sometimes youre sore, and youre not sure if youre sore for the right reasons, or if you hurt yourself
eg : my area around my lumbar bone was hurting, was worried i hurt myself for a sec.

All the more reason to do them =)

oh, and i feel you guys... my old jeans just dont fit the same :okay::fullofwin:

strykn 01-13-2012 05:54 PM

paused squats... :sweetjesus:

SkinnyPupp 01-13-2012 05:54 PM

Sore lumbar is usually OK. Sore spine, not so much

Excelsis 01-13-2012 05:58 PM

sore spine?

:heckno:

SkinnyPupp 01-13-2012 06:06 PM

Yes that would indicated a herniated or bulging disc. Believe it or not, a LOT if not MOST lifters have at least a little bit herniated or at least bulging in some discs. Especially if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer and the rest in the weight room... Yeah sounds like me :heckno:

All that chair time probably also explains my weak hips which is why my squat is lower than my bench :okay:

That's why I have started a core routine, I do it at the end of my warmup. Strong core = safe (even if it means using a swiss ball like a faggot)

V4NC1TY 01-13-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7759858)
Shouldn't your glutes be sore from deadlifts anyways? Deadlifts primarily hit your glutes and hamstrings...unless I'm wrong.

Is your lower back supposed to be sore too? Or just back in general (After performing conventional deadlifts)
... Or am I just doing them wrong :heckno:

subordinate 01-13-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V4NC1TY (Post 7759925)
Is your lower back supposed to be sore too? Or just back in general (After performing conventional deadlifts)
... Or am I just doing them wrong :heckno:

Sore is OK,

I do some slow stretches, including plank holding for a bit, really give it a slow and nice stretch. I feel great afterwards, soreness not so evident.

RRxtar 01-13-2012 07:31 PM

i think i broke my ass bone. fell hard playing shinny hockey last nite. couldnt deadlift tonite. fuuuaaa. brb waiting for evolution to out grow the tailbone.

SkinnyPupp 01-13-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 7759983)
Sore is OK,

I do some slow stretches, including plank holding for a bit, really give it a slow and nice stretch. I feel great afterwards, soreness not so evident.

Try these, they activate the lats and help your core

Berzerker 01-13-2012 07:35 PM

Phil Heath is in Vancouver signing autographs tomorrow. Wish I was home :(

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile

subordinate 01-13-2012 07:36 PM

Thanks Skinny, will definitely include them in my workouts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 7759997)
Phil Heath is in Vancouver signing autographs tomorrow. Wish I was home :(

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile

fyi.

Reflex supplements is bringing the champ over!

SAT JANUARY 14th 2012

NEWTON STORE: (13569 76 Ave SURREY)
11AM-1:30 PM

LANGLEY STORE: (6360 202 STREET)
3-5:30pm

RRxtar 01-13-2012 07:40 PM

switched all my shoulder flys (front, lateral, rear) to doing them on this machine. absolutely fantastic piece of machinery. unlike alot of cable machines, its absolutely linear the whole way, and has no momentum if you're pulling fast. completely linear force the whole way thru the range of motion when using cables instead of free weights too.

http://www.lifefitness.com/static/cm..._CMCC-hero.png

gym also has this too.

http://www.lifefitness.com/static/cm...CMDAP-hero.png

i wish their big cable dual cross over station was life fitness too but its a paramount. still pretty nice tho.

nice thing about the Y is they are always pouring money into real high end stuff. life fitness and hammer strength.

BrRsn 01-13-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7759593)
dhillon do the etymotic earphones stay well in your ear?

and how is cord strength, does it look like it can snap easy?
Posted via RS Mobile

They stay in very well and super durable, snagged em on barbells many times and still perfect, cord is good quality I even got a tear in one section of the cord and theyre still working perfectly. Get them! Btw tear was my stupidity
Posted via RS Mobile

Stealthy 01-13-2012 08:16 PM

Did facepulls for rear delts today, holy does that exercise work them hard.

Hit my nose a few times because I was too in the zone :pokerface:

SkinnyPupp 01-13-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthy (Post 7760056)
Did facepulls for rear delts today, holy does that exercise work them hard.

Hit my nose a few times because I was too in the zone :pokerface:

How are you doing them? I think it's great to do an external rotation at the end of the movement, so the attachment goes above your head, not into your face

Like this

Stealthy 01-13-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7760059)
How are you doing them? I think it's great to do an external rotation at the end of the movement, so the attachment goes above your head, not into your face

Like this

Charles Poliquin Teaches Face Pulls - YouTube

I set it a bit higher

like this and went wide at the contraction, slower tempo than this

RRxtar 01-13-2012 08:34 PM

^dat fella has a nice back nohomes

supershopper 01-13-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7759865)
The whole posterior side of your body could get sore from Deadlifts, but not your "area of the asshole" as he put it

Sounds like maybe he came close to a rectal prolapse (google it I dare you) :heckno:

I don't think so, I'm hoping it's just me exerting my glutes too much...
it happens during my rest, but goes away when I go back to lifting

and once i pressed enter on google search, i had to switch tabs, f u skinny I thought there would be pictures.

kevin7352 01-13-2012 08:53 PM

Is it normal to have your lower back sore as shit after heavy deadlifts? like you feel like an old man and can barely bend over to pick something up

supershopper 01-13-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7760086)
Is it normal to have your lower back sore as shit after heavy deadlifts? like you feel like an old man and can barely bend over to pick something up

could be DOMS...