REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

subordinate 05-23-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7926896)
Going to start taking pre workout again. Getting less motivated at the gym. Took a sample of napalm by muscle warfare (same company chestbrah is in) and holy what a difference.
I was wired out at the gym. People probably thought I just popped.

Interesting. I hear you situation, I've also been losing interest in the gym. My lifts are steadily going up as well, so it might be due to over training.

Never took a pre-workout drink, but from what you guys are saying - it seems like what 10 cups of coffee and a couple of bananas and more. lol.

Just wondering, does everyone here take Pre workout shakes?

hal0g0dv2 05-23-2012 10:26 PM

pre workout shake? as in like a protein shake ?

hal0g0dv2 05-23-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7926896)
Going to start taking pre workout again. Getting less motivated at the gym. Took a sample of napalm by muscle warfare (same company chestbrah is in) and holy what a difference.
I was wired out at the gym. People probably thought I just popped.

start a new program if you feel less motivated. Once i start to feel less motivated i always get to the bottom of it and make the changes i need

TypeRNammer 05-23-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7926870)
haven't really seen curlers in squat rack when going earlier in morning...

typer didn't know you went fw :ahwow:

Yup I been going to the Richmond location for awhile now, usually in the evening.

Quite a few characters in this gym.

Team bicep curl (or drop set) makes the biggest mess when it comes to working out, and hogging the squat rack.

Then there's the soccer guy (Asian dude wearing soccer clothing) who does the most fucked up exercises. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll snap photos of this example soon. This particular guy likes to hog the pull up bar doing one arm monkey swing pull ups. :suspicious:

Anyways...

These goof balls were just starting their curls when I was leaving.

Don't worry next time I'm doing squats at the bicep curl rack :troll:

The_Situation 05-23-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7926950)
start a new program if you feel less motivated. Once i start to feel less motivated i always get to the bottom of it and make the changes i need

I just finished 5/3/1 and I'm back to a bodybuilding split. Thing is I'm still making progress while unmotivated

subordinate 05-23-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 7926958)
I just finished 5/3/1 and I'm back to a bodybuilding split. Thing is I'm still making progress while unmotivated

Join a gym with more chicks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7926944)
pre workout shake? as in like a protein shake ?

I.e/ Craze, et cetera and what ever's in that shake thread.

spideyv2 05-23-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin7352 (Post 7926856)
No he told them to do whatever the fuck they wanna do :troll:

Good form

Excelsis 05-23-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7926954)
Yup I been going to the Richmond location for awhile now, usually in the evening.

Quite a few characters in this gym.

Team bicep curl (or drop set) makes the biggest mess when it comes to working out, and hogging the squat rack.

Then there's the soccer guy (Asian dude wearing soccer clothing) who does the most fucked up exercises. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll snap photos of this example soon. This particular guy likes to hog the pull up bar doing one arm monkey swing pull ups. :suspicious:

Anyways...

These goof balls were just starting their curls when I was leaving.

Don't worry next time I'm doing squats at the bicep curl rack :troll:

lol the fw stories, always something when go later on in the day

i asked him what he was doing during his ... one arm suspinated snatch?

he said: "i am training"

.. :lawl:

The_Situation 05-23-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 7926972)
Join a gym with more chicks.

I.e/ Craze, et cetera and what ever's in that shake thread.

You are 100% correct on that one. Will be going to UBC Coop in september and apparently that place is packed with cardio bunnies :fappery:

SkinnyPupp 05-23-2012 11:34 PM

Did my last set of Bulgarian split squats today. Those are probably my top "love/hate" exercise right now. Nothing pumps my legs more, and puts me more out of breath

Alphamale 05-23-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subordinate (Post 7926940)
Never took a pre-workout drink, but from what you guys are saying - it seems like what 10 cups of coffee and a couple of bananas and more. lol.

Just wondering, does everyone here take Pre workout shakes?

I used to...and it helped a quite a bit at times.

But I stopped working out for close to 7 months and when I started again this time around, I haven't felt the need to ever take a PWO short of a protein shake (because I missed a meal or whatever). I get these massive pumps and focus now that's 100% natural...it's an even better high than relying on some PWO formula, imo. How long will this last? I'm not sure, but it certainly doesn't hurt trying a PWO if you want to try it.

Btw, I'm not a big guy either..just an average joe.

nns 05-24-2012 06:24 AM

I don't take a pre-workout because I'm sensitive to caffeine. I had insomnia in the past, and it was awful. I don't like losing sleep.

I have taken ON Amino Energy in the past, but the affects were pretty mild if anything.

thegentleman 05-24-2012 11:17 AM

I've never tried a PWO stimulant before. I have a couple of sample baggies that came along buying my other supplements. I might try one out just for kicks one session but I don't plan on relying on them. I find myself to be pretty self-motivated.

Read this quote somewhere.

"Give a man energy and he'll workout for a day, teach a man to be self-energized and he'll workout forever."

vafanculo 05-24-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1flipkid (Post 7927284)
I've never tried a PWO stimulant before. I have a couple of sample baggies that came along buying my other supplements. I might try one out just for kicks one session but I don't plan on relying on them. I find myself to be pretty self-motivated.

Read this quote somewhere.

"Give a man energy and he'll workout for a day, teach a man to be self-energized and he'll workout forever."

My honest advice, don't take it. They put those samples there for a reason. You start off with a free sample, and the next thing you know, you're calling popeyes at 3am asking for one hit. Lol, not quite, but you get what I mean.

thegentleman 05-24-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafanculo (Post 7927297)
My honest advice, don't take it. They put those samples there for a reason. You start off with a free sample, and the next thing you know, you're calling popeyes at 3am asking for one hit. Lol, not quite, but you get what I mean.

I was just at Fuel SVN two days ago buying epehdrine, the nutrionalist at the counter gave me 2 samples of this stuff I can't recall, it was in a tiny black baggy about 2"x 2", but she told me take 1 ephedrine with one serving and I'll have "the best workout ever."

I already feel psyched before a session and on top of the world after. Hopefully I can keep this drive alive. Maybe I'll just give it away to my friends. Haha.

Edit: PWO she gave me was Razor 8.

Meowjin 05-24-2012 01:14 PM

man I just started working out again.

Decided to do a 3 month membership to thompson community center (lots of cute girls btw!)

anyways

Southarm, fucking cramped. Also that 200k that went missing could have bought more stuff for the gym and expanded it.

Thompson about 10 minutes away from my house but worth it simply because it is bigger.

My diets impeccable. I've been eating 1400-1500 calories a day. The meds im taking cause anorexia and is an awesome "pre-workout" too.

It's been 3 weeks since I started an honestly I fear eatting bad food now and actually get anxiety if I don't gym.

I'm so glad to be actually working out again and to be hopefully hitting an amazing body by the end of the summer and for the new semester.

Very annoyed by the price of gyms though. 100 dollars for 3 months.

When i was at the oval it was 50, but it was far away, golds is a poorely run gym. I'd sign up for steve nash, but I can only do monthly since my finances aren't the greatest right meow.

I don't want a fucking contract. Why can't i just find a god damn gym that has everything (langara ymca is best) but doesn't have fucking assholes (langara ymca so many surrey jacks) and a decent month to month rate. At this point I'm contemplating buying a home gym and setting it up in my buddies garage.

Excelsis 05-24-2012 01:28 PM

1500 calorie diet is impeccable...

:suspicious:... how the fuck..............

Verdasco 05-24-2012 01:30 PM

100 for 3 months??? that is not bad... the oval was never $50 for 3 months... unless i am missing something here :suspicious:

edit: and on topic of PWO, anyone here feel a lot of depression while taking them at night? they kept making me sad :okay: and playing games till 6 am :awwyeah:

instantneedles 05-24-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 7927374)
man I just started working out again.

Decided to do a 3 month membership to thompson community center (lots of cute girls btw!)

anyways

Southarm, fucking cramped. Also that 200k that went missing could have bought more stuff for the gym and expanded it.

Thompson about 10 minutes away from my house but worth it simply because it is bigger.

My diets impeccable. I've been eating 1400-1500 calories a day. The meds im taking cause anorexia and is an awesome "pre-workout" too.

It's been 3 weeks since I started an honestly I fear eatting bad food now and actually get anxiety if I don't gym.

I'm so glad to be actually working out again and to be hopefully hitting an amazing body by the end of the summer and for the new semester.

Very annoyed by the price of gyms though. 100 dollars for 3 months.

When i was at the oval it was 50, but it was far away, golds is a poorely run gym. I'd sign up for steve nash, but I can only do monthly since my finances aren't the greatest right meow.

I don't want a fucking contract. Why can't i just find a god damn gym that has everything (langara ymca is best) but doesn't have fucking assholes (langara ymca so many surrey jacks) and a decent month to month rate. At this point I'm contemplating buying a home gym and setting it up in my buddies garage.

It really does suck, but bear in mind though, if you make your own gym, your equipment is going to be alot more limited than what you can find in a public gym. But if you're not worrying too much about variety, I guess all you really need is a set of freeweights, a squat rack with a barbell and some plates. Comes with a hefty price though...

Come to think of it, i've been thinking of investing in a set of kettlebell weights..

!Yaminashi 05-24-2012 03:12 PM

I always have to poo after assault. Dafuq?

Berzerker 05-24-2012 04:02 PM

205lb Military Pin Press, 40lb side raises, 135 OH Press, 40 front raises. All superset one after the other in that order 2 reps of each for 7 sets.
http://distilleryimage0.instagram.co...380fcd7e_7.jpg
That was the first half of the workout. 2nd half was 150lb High Power Pulls, 315 Low Power Pulls (shrugs) 70lb Facepulls, and 135lb Upright Rows.
That iBodybuilder program is kicking my ass. Love it. This is week 3 on shoulders. Gonna do one more week then move on to the next body part.

Berz out.

instantneedles 05-24-2012 04:05 PM

Yaminashi, I can understand if it makes you pee more, but shit more? I read somewhere saying that it increases metabolism, so that might be the thing.

truth 05-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7927467)
I always have to poo after assault. Dafuq?

I'm the same way. Caffeine usually makes me need to shit and piss a lot. brb pregame shit

hud 91gt 05-24-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7927024)
Did my last set of Bulgarian split squats today. Those are probably my top "love/hate" exercise right now. Nothing pumps my legs more, and puts me more out of breath

I only do them as a last resort if I only have DB to work with. The hate overpowers the love by so much. Ughhh

Fcukedd 05-24-2012 06:44 PM

Hey does anyone experience sore lats after deadlifts?