REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

alwayslive 11-25-2012 02:04 PM

how do you guys lift in the mornings? (8 am sessions)
I don't want to go on an empty stomach but I need to eat at least 1.5-2 hours before my workout to feel 100% at the gym..
so its either sacrifice some sleep, or sacrifice the effort that I can put into lifting..
any advice?
thanks for the routine advice btw, I think that I'm just going to do the layne norton routine lol

Excelsis 11-25-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 8090384)
Split on the tech, cardio 3 days as well

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back +Bieps
Weds - Shoulders
Thursday - Legs + calves + abs
Friday - Chest + triceps +
Saturday - Back + Traps
Sunday - Arms(bis + tris)Abs

no love for rest days?

:alone:

instantneedles 11-25-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8090498)
I don't want to go on an empty stomach but I need to eat at least 1.5-2 hours before my workout to feel 100% at the gym..so its either sacrifice some sleep, or sacrifice the effort that I can put into lifting..
any advice?
thanks for the routine advice btw, I think that I'm just going to do the layne norton routine lol

Don't workout in the morning if it's going to impede your focus and energy. Last thing you want is to have 300lb crush your neck because you werent focussed enough.

If you can't lift 100%, you can either be pussy and deload and not make gains, or skip out on it so you can save energy to lift and maximize gains.

Why not lift in the afternoons when your test levels are highest and you can gain the most?

nns 11-25-2012 02:58 PM

I used to think that I needed time between breakfast and a morning workout too. Now I just wake up, eat, take a dump, and around 45 mins later after getting out of bed I'm on my way to the gym.

I think what's most important is to get some quality sleep the night before. Go to bed earlier and get 8 hrs minimum.

Yea, morning workouts are typically some of my best. Most of the noobs aren't curling in the squat rack that early in the day.

edit: though I should probably add, I don't have good workouts too early in the morning. I find i'm too cranky, so I went from getting to the gym around 8ish, to nowadays getting to the gym around 9:15.

dealt 11-25-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayslive (Post 8090498)
I don't want to go on an empty stomach but I need to eat at least 1.5-2 hours before my workout to feel 100% at the gym..
so its either sacrifice some sleep, or sacrifice the effort that I can put into lifting..
any advice?

You taking a pre-workout supplement? I still crush weights on pre-workout w/ an empty stomach.

hal0g0dv2 11-25-2012 06:45 PM

choc milk was on sale we bought it all
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cmuscl.jpg

vafanculo 11-25-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8090703)
choc milk was on sale we bought it all
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cmuscl.jpg

Lol, I love that sign regarding the heavy items.

Most people in this thread can pick up a sofa chair, put it on the belt, and be like 'what, this aint heavy' :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

J.C 11-25-2012 07:10 PM

going with the 10mm inzer forever lever in royal blue
now for the 10 week wait :okay:

Spidey 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8090508)
Don't workout in the morning if it's going to impede your focus and energy. Last thing you want is to have 300lb crush your neck because you werent focussed enough.

If you can't lift 100%, you can either be pussy and deload and not make gains, or skip out on it so you can save energy to lift and maximize gains.

Why not lift in the afternoons when your test levels are highest and you can gain the most?

Is that what you tell your clients?

xXDragonXx 11-25-2012 08:13 PM

Welcome to BodyBuilding.com

20% off select brands for one day only on BB.com.. Basically all the popular brands too!

CYBRO20

ts14 11-25-2012 08:56 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8dqWpk2Cbz...Shaw-lifts.gif

everyone has prob seen the vid but .... DAMN

The_Situation 11-25-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealt (Post 8090603)
You taking a pre-workout supplement? I still crush weights on pre-workout w/ an empty stomach.

That's probably because preworkout is more potent on an empty stomach.
Posted via RS Mobile

strykn 11-25-2012 09:28 PM

just spent 2 hundy on BB.com cuz of code.. FUAAARK haha

strykn 11-25-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8090508)

what the fuck when did you get ur PhD in broscience......

I train fasted and set PRs all day come at me

kwy 11-25-2012 09:30 PM

Is that a fuckin nosebleed?

instantneedles 11-25-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8090734)
Is that what you tell your clients?

dig up those notes from 2005 and maybe you'll find your answer

and then you can come back and ask me another retarded question if you'd like. :thumbsup:

I'm always here for you bro

spideyv2 11-26-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXDragonXx (Post 8090785)
Welcome to BodyBuilding.com

20% off select brands for one day only on BB.com.. Basically all the popular brands too!

CYBRO20

just ordered some celltech :fullofwin:

spideyv2 11-26-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 8090844)
what the fuck when did you get ur PhD in broscience......

I train fasted and set PRs all day come at me

so that's why I always wanna smash at midday ;)

The_Situation 11-26-2012 02:02 AM

Testosterone levels are highest in the morning if I recall. That explains the morning wood :blush:

hal0g0dv2 11-26-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8090995)
Testosterone levels are highest in the morning if I recall. That explains the morning wood :blush:

I thought I was just dreaming about gym and cell teche
Posted via RS Mobile

TouringTeg 11-26-2012 07:22 AM

Assault 60 servings was $20 off on Friday. Missed that. Ordered Sun night with a 10% coupon. Did a live chat this morning and they changed it to the 20% cybro20 for me and are refunding the difference. Great customer service from bb.

instantneedles 11-26-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8090995)

Yeah you're right about that...

however, your test levels rise higher after exercise during the afternoon than during the morning. don't forget, cortisol is highest in the morning too!

Some people like to train in the morning because it's a regular pattern for them and they can get up early at 8am for to give their bodies a nice beating. And that's great, because chances are, there bodies are nice and well-rested from the night before.

I do most of my heavy lifting in the afternoons because my muscles are super stiff and cold in the morning and my body temp is def higher in the afternoons. I can concentrate better and I won't have the urge to drift off to sleep in the middle of a set. Why lift when my body still needs rest right?

Really, it's each to their own... but if you're not the type of guy that can wake up feeling energized and ready to go and are struggling to get out of bed, then morning workouts probably aren't the best idea.

instantneedles 11-26-2012 08:05 AM

For those of you on dat winter bulk, check out grocery outlet at bellingham, bought a whole chicken for $0.37. Many other great deals on other foods as well.
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 11-26-2012 09:07 AM

^Wow, dat shit cray.

Spidey 11-26-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8090920)
dig up those notes from 2005 and maybe you'll find your answer

and then you can come back and ask me another retarded question if you'd like. :thumbsup:

I'm always here for you bro

If you can't answer the question, then just say so. You don't have to try to prove that you are superior because you are currently going to school, live at home, and work part time.