REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 09-06-2010 10:17 PM

100%. Some body builders peek in the 40s. That is why I am happy to see were I will be this time next year
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 09-06-2010 11:05 PM

Depends on your goals too
Posted via RS Mobile

Meowjin 09-07-2010 02:18 AM

this will fuck your lats to next week.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BPullover.html

ezol 09-07-2010 08:06 AM

Just got back from a stag over the long weekend and my diet went to shits.. ate nothing but junk food, pizza, lots of booze nachos... Need to really go hard this week!

hal0g0dv2 09-07-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 7094976)

i usually do that at the end of a backwork out

incubus 09-07-2010 10:14 AM

mp assault finally came in today

sonick 09-07-2010 11:10 AM

Ugh, feel drained from the weekend and I dunno why; I only did arm shit on Saturday and Grouse Grind on Sunday, so nothing major.

Not sure if it's gonna be a good workout tonight :(

I feel skinny, waking up late on weekends totally screws up my diet and I end up eating way less.

incubus 09-07-2010 11:19 AM

rough man, dont worry 1 mr will work its magic

i think im getting sick, just in time cause im on a deload anyways

hud 91gt 09-07-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Dude, that one looks killer. Just doing the movement here on the couch I can feel the lats taking a beating. Thanks! I'll give it a go tonight.

hud 91gt 09-07-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7093193)
I find this helps to focus on form: imagine that there is an orange sitting in between your shoulder blades, and each time you to the concentric motion, squeeze that orange with your shoulder blades. That really helps focus the lats.

At my best, my lats grew a bit, but they were always these two round 'plates' coming down behind me. Not huge fucking cobra wings like halogodv2 :lol

I'll try this too, thx

DC5-S 09-07-2010 12:09 PM

got my 5x assault pharm pre-workout.. cant wait to try it!! for some reason they gave me an animal pack training log/book......

*edit* for anyone that was hesitating to order from wheycheap.com due to customs fees/tax etc.. THERE IS NONE!! you dont pay anything when it arrives at your door!!!! after calculations each pharm assault cost me $32!!!! that is an insanely good deal.. im only going to order from wheycheap now..

MarkyMark 09-07-2010 07:04 PM

Blah why does my bench press suck so much.
Posted via RS Mobile

nns 09-07-2010 07:38 PM

What do you guys recommend for a pre-workout shake that has no creatine and preferably no caffeine in it?

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2010 07:40 PM

^^ Drink some whey mixed in juice, or BCAA's.

strykn 09-07-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 7095907)
Blah why does my bench press suck so much.
Posted via RS Mobile

Working on my triceps hard dramatically increased my bench

mc25 09-07-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Ima try this next workout.
I had a decent workout..starting to get back into it, summers over, time to buckle down and get back to routine.

I hear a lot of talk about 1MR, are you using this as a pre workout? I remember trying a sample and felt jittery afterwards.

mc25 09-07-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 7095969)
Working on my triceps hard dramatically increased my bench

x2…major muscle group involved in bench press. Work them, i some times do it same day as bench and some times ill do it only on arm days (if i do triceps on bench days, my bench is weaker)

!Yaminashi 09-07-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc25 (Post 7095973)
Ima try this next workout.
I had a decent workout..starting to get back into it, summers over, time to buckle down and get back to routine.

I hear a lot of talk about 1MR, are you using this as a pre workout? I remember trying a sample and felt jittery afterwards.

I've been using 1MR for about 3 weeks now, its pretty solid. Coming from a pre-workout with no caffeine I could tell a HUGE difference.

However there was one week where i wasnt sleeping very well, and even if I took it my workouts sucked. I wasnt sleeping well because of the supps, just had alot of things on my mind.

I'd definitely recommend it, there have been a few instances where I've been a bit jittery right before working out though

nns 09-07-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7095964)
^^ Drink some whey mixed in juice, or BCAA's.

Will this increase my stamina and energy? Or would I need to take a shake with some sort of caffeine in it to feel those effects?

Really, I just want a shake that I can take after I get off work before my workout that'll give me focus and energy. However, I still want to sleep at night. I think that eliminates most caffeine pre-workout shakes.

Right now I'm just taking ON 100% Whey as my pre-workout shake. I don't find it gives me any energy or focus.

DaFonz 09-07-2010 08:06 PM

This is my lazy assed workout plan.

Workout A
Clean and Jerk 3x5
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5

Workout B
Power clean and push press 3x5
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Workout for today:
Clean and Jerk - 105lbs
Squat - 235lbs
Bench - 145lbs

Add weights every workout until I stall. When I stall, attempt weight up to 3x. If I fail, then back off 10% and build up again.

Dinner:
Half a salmon
A pound of sweet potatoes.

mmm.. starches.

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2010 08:07 PM

In my personal experience, non-caffeinated pre-workout supps don't do anything for energy or focus. So if you don't want caffeine in it, I wouldn't bother taking one at all.

But for caffeinated ones, I think others can give some recommendations. Easiest and cheapest would probably be to take a caffeine pill. I just slam a Coke Zero or two :)

RRxtar 09-07-2010 08:33 PM

Right between my last 2 sets of Deadlifts today a guy comes over and says "dude you're turning into abit of a monster hey" I say "I dunno about that. abit stronger maybe, not really any bigger" he says "no man, like since the beginning of summer you're way bigger" so I say "thanks man, lots of hard work" and he starts telling me about why he didnt come very often in the summer and how big he used to be... at this point im down in my start position and he keeps talking.... and talking.... and talking.... asks me where my gym buddy (jeffh) is, i say hes in moab 4x4ing, and he starts telling me about how he wants to go mountain biking there... and talking and talking. finally I say "you know, part of the reason im 'turning into abit of a monster' is because I keep the intensity up in my workout." and put my headphones back on and start my set haha

sonick 09-07-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incubus (Post 7095300)
rough man, dont worry 1 mr will work its magic

i think im getting sick, just in time cause im on a deload anyways

Haha, you are right. It turns out I was actually a pound heavier, and I upped my squat and dl by another 10lbs. Also focused on my lats with the advice given earlier, see how I feel tomorrow.

nns 09-07-2010 08:42 PM

I read about how some of you guys take caffeinted pre-workout drinks, and some of you have said it affects your sleep or has other side effects. It seems like there's always something wrong with a pre-workout drink. SuperPump causes stomach aches and anal drainage; 1MR, depending on scoop, can make you jittery/up all night/etc. I'm probably missing a few.

Is there no all-arond best pre-workout shake? No ON Whey-type sort of class-leader for pre-workouts?

BTW, just to play along, I'll add my #s:
Weight = 155
Bench = 205 x3 with spot
Squat = 245 x3 or 4
Deadlift = 245 x5

I don't use machines much. Mostly body-weight exercises or free-weights. Chin-up 8x3, pull-ups 8x3, dips 10x3, etc. IMO, bodyweight exercies feel more natural than machines (eg: lat-pull down, tricep extension, etc.)

BTW, somebody above needed advice on increasing their bench. Since benching is a push maneuver, how about a pulling maneuver? EG: inverted row. Just a thought.

sonick 09-07-2010 08:46 PM

Well the caffeine disrupting sleep aspect is mainly due to taking it too close to bedtime. It's the same as if you drank an espresso a few hours before bed. If you work out earlier in the day and you take it there won't be any problems.