REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

RRxtar 12-21-2012 03:25 PM

last workout of the current era of civilization as we know it. do our legacy proud bros

dhari 12-21-2012 03:37 PM

265 x3 flat bench. smolov is a genius! getting crazzy up in this bitch.

BinsentoW 12-21-2012 03:59 PM

Nothing hits my traps as good as deadlifts
feels good man

ts14 12-21-2012 04:11 PM

did 3 sets of 15 with 385lbs bar for traps/shrugs
and 10 sets of 3 with 155lbs for jump squats ATG

the doms are deadly

neggo 12-21-2012 04:50 PM

Heading to Tokyo for the weekend. Before that, though, I'm traveling to Sendai just to go to Gold's. Fuck yeah! I'm excited!
Posted via RS Mobile

Matlock 12-21-2012 05:17 PM

Apparently my back is "scary bent" when I deadlift, which really makes me wonder about my form. I have no idea. I've been pulling the same way for a few years and haven't felt any pain.

Anyone run into something like this? I only train alone so I have no idea.

ts14 12-21-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 8113024)
Apparently my back is "scary bent" when I deadlift, which really makes me wonder about my form. I have no idea. I've been pulling the same way for a few years and haven't felt any pain.

yea u should try to keep u back at straight as possible, i hurt my back in the beginning of the year kuz of bad form. Snapped my back up so bad that i couldn't lift for a month. Now when I do deadlifts, if i feel the my back is curving more then its supposed to then i just drop the bar because its not worth snapping my back again.

Matlock 12-21-2012 05:29 PM

When I pull 2 plates my form is fine, but I don't feel anything.
When I pull 3 plates, my back gets bent but it actually feels like a lift. I know I won't get injured because I've been doing it like this for quite some time, but I would like to correct it.

It seems like its going to be a bit of a challenge to correct my form while increasing weight. I want to be able to lift heavier without compromising form.

Feel like a noob all over again.

hal0g0dv2 12-21-2012 05:49 PM

i dont deadlift that often anymore but what i did when i was starting deads since im tall as fuck i started with like stacked boxes or w/e on both sides so it was set up allot higher, then every week or so i would take a lvl off, until i reached the ground. so by the end i was lifting from the ground

Sid Vicious 12-21-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

get someone to record you, post it on here alotta people know their shit on this forum... surprisingly

kwy 12-21-2012 09:37 PM

Yknow what's really fun is changing a flat on a slammed car after doing heavy deads and squats the day before. Even more fun if it's like -2 outside, and it's a friday night, and you worked a double shift.

Verdasco 12-21-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8112376)
still at FW richmond?

never went to FW :suspicious: i went to OVAL for a long time though. Now at a nearby community centre because its a 5 minute walk :okay:

strykn 12-21-2012 10:06 PM

AM workout did 30 min cardio, & heavy trap work

PM workout 2 hr leg session

on 1.2k calorie deficit , can barely stand now

hal0g0dv2 12-21-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strykn (Post 8113152)
AM workout did 30 min cardio, & heavy trap work

PM workout 2 hr leg session

on 1.2k calorie deficit , can barely stand now

:fullofwin:

Meowjin 12-21-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neggo (Post 8113008)
Heading to Tokyo for the weekend. Before that, though, I'm traveling to Sendai just to go to Gold's. Fuck yeah! I'm excited!
Posted via RS Mobile

theres a boss tonkatsu house near by down the street. It's a converted bath house.

Fcukedd 12-21-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8113140)
Yknow what's really fun is changing a flat on a slammed car after doing heavy deads and squats the day before. Even more fun if it's like -2 outside, and it's a friday night, and you worked a double shift.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...-that-feel.jpg

J.C 12-22-2012 12:07 AM

fuckkkkkk
cant get 315 up -___-
ive done it for 2 reps before
got it off the floor 3-4 inches in each of my 3 attempts
did 275x5 for 3 sets no equipment like nothing

going back tomorrow, i know i can get it..

kcl38 12-22-2012 12:43 AM

Holidays are killing me. Had a Christmas lunch/dinner 5 meals in a row now.

Tried deadlifting 345 between a lunch and a dinner today. Got it up once, realized how bloated I was feeling, left the gym:fuckthatshit:

kwy 12-22-2012 01:51 AM

Strong believer of using straps for deadlifting. I'm trying to train my back, not my grip. Doing 350 now, without straps I don't even wanna know..probably like 275 lol

J.C 12-22-2012 02:07 AM

anyone here got knee sleeves

thinking about getting rehbands originals, but idk, the price seems really high
nearly $40 PER sleeve

if anyones interested in these, we can split shipping :fullofwin:
http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?prod_id=RH-KS

it'd be $87.90 + $13.40 (originally 26.80)

Meowjin 12-22-2012 02:18 AM

this hasn't been posted yet?

SkinnyPupp 12-22-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8113250)
Strong believer of using straps for deadlifting. I'm trying to train my back, not my grip. Doing 350 now, without straps I don't even wanna know..probably like 275 lol

Maybe you'd be doing 350 with strongman grip ;)
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 12-22-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

I had the same thing happen to me. A 'trainer' at my old gym told me my back was full round when I DL so I had someone video me and it was pretty flat. I posted it here too.

Even when I bend over with no weights and force a crazy arch in my back, its still almost completely flat, maybe a tad rounded. Thicker back muscles also give the impression of a rounded back from the side so youd have to look right at the spine.

My personal opinion is it isn't so much having a flat back, its about having all of your back muscles holding tight. The problem comes when you're lifting heavier than your lower back muscles can hold and your back rounds out and is basically behind held by your spine. As long as your back muscles are holding your posture tight, I think that is acceptable.

SkinnyPupp 12-22-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8113302)
I had the same thing happen to me. A 'trainer' at my old gym told me my back was full round when I DL so I had someone video me and it was pretty flat. I posted it here too.

Even when I bend over with no weights and force a crazy arch in my back, its still almost completely flat, maybe a tad rounded. Thicker back muscles also give the impression of a rounded back from the side so youd have to look right at the spine.

My personal opinion is it isn't so much having a flat back, its about having all of your back muscles holding tight. The problem comes when you're lifting heavier than your lower back muscles can hold and your back rounds out and is basically behind held by your spine. As long as your back muscles are holding your posture tight, I think that is acceptable.

Yup in the end I think the best solution is to post a video here or somewhere else where people know what to look for, rather than rely on some dudebro at the gym

Excelsis 12-22-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc95 (Post 8113256)
anyone here got knee sleeves

thinking about getting rehbands originals, but idk, the price seems really high
nearly $40 PER sleeve

if anyones interested in these, we can split shipping :fullofwin:
Jackal's Gym - Store

it'd be $87.90 + $13.40 (originally 26.80)

yes i do, get them if you want your knees to be hot, if doing bodybuilding don't think it may be as helpful because you'd have a pump anyways

on deadlifts, rounding lower back is where the problem is

article explains it more

T NATION | A Strong Case For the Rounded Back Deadlift