REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

yellowpower 09-17-2012 08:40 AM

Thinking about using zma now. Does it boost test or lower? There have been reviews of it doing eiter or. Kinda confusing
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 09-17-2012 09:14 AM

Does nothing to test lvls
Posted via RS Mobile

mikemhg 09-17-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8030318)
somebody asked me how many days i take off a week in the gym, told him never heard of a day off from the gym

No hate, but I think comments like that are retarded. Everyone needa a break or a day off from the gym every week, you'll never make gains without rest.

Come on now, you know that Halo.

G-spec 09-17-2012 10:47 AM

^ maybe he doesn't mean necessarily that every day is a full hard work out...

I know when I was playin pro ball in Europe I was on the court every single day for a few hours, but not every day was a hard work out.. some days were just very light drills etc.... so basically in a literal sense it's not a day off, but it really actually is compared to your normal workout routine

hal0g0dv2 09-17-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 8031947)
No hate, but I think comments like that are retarded. Everyone needa a break or a day off from the gym every week, you'll never make gains without rest.

Come on now, you know that Halo.

Last time I had a day off was prob 5 month ago
Vacation is only time I really take time off
Posted via RS Mobile

red_sir 09-17-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 8031404)
what gym?

Eileen Daily in Burnaby. Just dropped in to work out with a friend.

instantneedles 09-17-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8031966)
Eileen Daily in Burnaby. Just dropped in to work out with a friend.

damn, i woulda joined... its in my area haha...

btw i got hooked up with a free lifetime pass at revs... awesome shit

instantneedles 09-17-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8031962)
Last time I had a day off was prob 5 month ago
Vacation is only time I really take time off
Posted via RS Mobile

well resistance training every single day would definetly take its toll on the recovery phase...

but mixing resistance training and lighter core-work or like aerobic training would basically mean working out 7x/week which is good, because everyone should be getting at least 10-15 minutes of exercise in per day.

but srsly, break or not break, regardless, halo is still making mad gains, so if 7x/week works for him why not right? :fullofwin:

strykn 09-17-2012 03:39 PM

gonna get a 3month headstart on hal0... http://i.imgur.com/tHw0b.gif

red_sir 09-17-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8032196)

What?? How did you score that??

And come to Richmond sometime man.

kcl38 09-17-2012 05:04 PM

Was doing power cleans today at the Oval today and a guy came up to me offered to help me with my grip. Suggested hook which I wasn't doing cas I cut off the tip of my thumb and its taped up. Also asked me if I was a football player..no I'm just fat. :okay:

TouringTeg 09-17-2012 07:14 PM

New PR - clean and OHP 145lbs 3x5! @180 bw fawk yeah
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 09-17-2012 07:36 PM

its so funny, every fucking year the kids come back to the gym from going away at summer break, and they all still look then same and continue to do the same fucking biceps with 50 pound dunbells every day.

BrRsn 09-17-2012 07:41 PM

this made me lol real hard

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...ow5po1_400.jpg

hal0g0dv2 09-17-2012 07:42 PM

ahah fuck that is good

DC5-S 09-17-2012 07:44 PM

Anyone remember that website that made a whole meal plan for you, for the amount of calories you put in its calculator.
Posted via RS Mobile

Neva 09-17-2012 07:47 PM

^^swole.me

Stealthy 09-17-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 8032429)
its so funny, every fucking year the kids come back to the gym from going away at summer break, and they all still look then same and continue to do the same fucking biceps with 50 pound dunbells every day.

the ones that make curls a full body exercise... lol

Meowjin 09-17-2012 08:54 PM

Holy shit. Red sir. Listen to this.

So today at Thompson only have enough time for dead lifts. I'm already up 20 pounds from last time we worked out too. So I'm doing it exactly the way you showed me. Making a bit a noise. I have my headphones in and in the middle of my lift this young kid, about 140 pounds about 5"11 came to my side looked at me and said something at me with a smile on his face. So I reset the weight pull off my headphone and asked him what he said.

He asked if I was doing deadlifts. I said ya and he walked away. Then I see him doing cable shoulder raises with some huge smile. If I had bad a temper I would have hit him in the face but I hope.to god hr was autistic.

trix4kids 09-17-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8032196)

How?? I like that gym but it's definitely not worth the $35/month considering all the equipment looks like its 15 years old

red_sir 09-17-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowjin (Post 8032518)
Holy shit. Red sir. Listen to this.

So today at Thompson only have enough time for dead lifts. I'm already up 20 pounds from last time we worked out too. So I'm doing it exactly the way you showed me. Making a bit a noise. I have my headphones in and in the middle of my lift this young kid, about 140 pounds about 5"11 came to my side looked at me and said something at me with a smile on his face. So I reset the weight pull off my headphone and asked him what he said.

He asked if I was doing deadlifts. I said ya and he walked away. Then I see him doing cable shoulder raises with some huge smile. If I had bad a temper I would have hit him in the face but I hope.to god hr was autistic.

Wtf?? What a stupid kid. What did he look like? Should've slapped the smile off his face lol.

Btw, you should've seen this other kid deadlift the other day. I have never heard someone grunt so much before lol. I swear it sounded like someone being tortured. I kinda felt embarassed for him. But I guess at least he was training hard and not being a pussy... I can respect that.

instantneedles 09-17-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trix4kids (Post 8032535)
How?? I like that gym but it's definitely not worth the $35/month considering all the equipment looks like its 15 years old

I actually know some of the guys that work at the bowling center with high management positions haha

I remember a time when i was trying to drop in, and the bitch at the counter wouldn't let me go in for free cus technically I was kinda sneaking in without paying...

I was like "then perhaps we should have a talk with ___ (the person i know)" and shes like "oh, actually i think its ok for you to go in. I'll buzz you in, go ahead"

lol I got a pretty good laugh from it, shit was cash hahaha I feel pretty bad doing that sometimes though cus its against the policy

now i can go in for free without paying in a legit way haha

subordinate 09-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8032641)
I actually know some of the guys that work at the bowling center with high management positions haha

I remember a time when i was trying to drop in, and the bitch at the counter wouldn't let me go in for free cus technically I was kinda sneaking in without paying...

Wait, you are calling a female employee a "bitch" because she wouldn't let in a non-paying customer, aka you.

That logical. :badpokerface:

Anyways, that's pretty rad to get a lifetime free membership.

Meowjin 09-18-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_sir (Post 8032575)
Wtf?? What a stupid kid. What did he look like? Should've slapped the smile off his face lol.

Btw, you should've seen this other kid deadlift the other day. I have never heard someone grunt so much before lol. I swear it sounded like someone being tortured. I kinda felt embarassed for him. But I guess at least he was training hard and not being a pussy... I can respect that.

I don't really care for noises, just as long as they look like they know what they are doing.

I'm gonna complete my back tomorrow and do some core.

You're welcome to join. I'll probably be there around 11ish or 12ish. Depends when my dog wakes me up.

exdee 09-18-2012 01:11 AM

Spoiler!

theres mutant whey going for cheaper going on right now if anyoes interested
http://i48.tinypic.com/imv3wn.jpg